Children of the Ancients

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I'm pretty sure the Alpha site also doesn't have a DHD, but I can't be sure of that.

Did it spread all the way to the Pegasus gates?
As standard DHDs don't do eight chevron locks I'd say, no.

Very nice story.
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

Notes: Well, it's been awhile (school is time eater eh?), and I wasn't really sure how I was going to continue the story, but I think you guys will like what I came up with. This may not be the last time I borrow a name from the Baldur's Gate franchise either :wink:

Chapter 5

Personal Log, Stardate 52590.9
I was about to head out to see about fixing those sensors, but after checking with the meteorology satellites that doesn’t seem to be a good idea. It looks like one heck of a storm is coming. Oh well, I was planning on doing a camping trip next month anyway, and everything should be dry by then… I’ll just tell Khit I’ll deal with the sensors during my trip. I’m sure he won’t mind.

First Journal of Lieutenant Colonel Irenicus
Operation: Farplane

* Incredible, untold millions of light years compressed into a short step through a portal. I’ve ordered that medical teams begin scanning everything for contagions. In the mean time, all personnel are required to wear their storm-trooper armor at all times. The last thing we need is to be infected with some disease that had an advanced alien race on the run. We will also begin immediate exploration of this facility and recover anything that looks like it could contain data for the droids to analyze. We will also need to designate a room to hold all the corpses that are lying around… what the hell could have happened here?

* Well, this assignment is full of surprises; the medical team reports that the corpses are all human. Or at least, genetically close enough to be considered human; there are quite a few noticeable differences in their genome, but they are unmistakably human. How could humans be in this galaxy? The only plausible explanation is that we are not the first humans to use the ring device, but does this mean that humans were associated with the ancient race that created the device? Or perhaps, human history is much longer than the historians and paleontologists believe.

* Most of the technology here is exceedingly primitive. Come to think of it, calling it primitive would insult thousands of primitive races in our own galaxy. It’s obvious they had an elementary grasp of physics, chemistry, medical science, and the base’s layout (at least, I assume it’s a military base) suggests a grasp of military science. Most of the weaponry we’re finding are chemically propelled projectile weapons. However, a limited number of energy weapons are also being found. I think it’s obvious they were studying captured, purchased, or otherwise acquired weapons and also using them to supplement their own native weaponry. Clearly, more advanced civilizations do, or at least did, exist here in this galaxy.

* These people apparently documented information on treated plant pulps. This is unfortunate, because after so many hundreds of years most of the documents have been destroyed by various kinds of vermin. The most prolific pest is a small dark beetle; I’ve ordered the use of poisonous gasses to try and clear out these damnable insects.
The other method of data storage these people used was digital binary data on magnetic and optical disks. After so many centuries of neglect much of the data is corrupted, luckily the optically stored data seems more intact than the heavily corrupted magnetic drives. Our analysis of the processing units here suggests a base eight system; this should provide a good starting point for analyzing the data. I’ve assigned several droids to begin data recovery and analysis on everything we can find.

* Extensive scans and tests have revealed no evidence of any latent pathogens beyond what our antibiotics can handle. The medical team assures me it is safe to work without the use of storm trooper armor, but any strange symptoms should be reported immediately. I’m requesting more droids to help out around here, I won’t ask for more men until I’m sure we can go home. Towards that end, we’ve begun setting up a hypermatter reactor which should be able to open a wormhole back home. However, without the proper symbols we could be here quite some time.

* We’ve discovered a large collection of writings which were packed in such a way as to deter insects from eating them. Many of them appear to be much older than the base, and most contain different languages and translations between them. One contained translations from the gate-builder’s language into the common local language “Eeng-glish”. This should allow the droids to translate anything we find here.

* I’ve completed reading the mission reports from the teams that operated out of this base. The resourcefulness these humans displayed in fighting a far more advanced enemy is impressive. The reports mention ships with hyperdrives far faster than our own. These Asguard were able to cross inter-galactic expanses in a matter of hours. The Emperor will undoubtedly want this technology. Unfortunately the working notes on the version of the Asguard hyperdrive installed on the Terran vessel “Prometheus” have been corrupted. Locating this technology, either blueprints or a working model, will become our second most important priority. Right now, however, we need to find a way to connect back to our own galaxy through the ‘stargate’ as these people called it. Working from maps of this galaxy we located in the central computer core, and using the known locations and addresses of many worlds, we should be able to decipher the coordinate system used by this gate. Now all we need is to know where our home galaxy is in relation to this “Milky Way” galaxy. The fact that the stargate’s wormholes are affected by gravitational disturbances implies that the path from our home to this gate doesn’t pass through another galaxy, which in turn implies a direct line of sight between the two galaxies. I’ll send all the information we have on this galaxy back home during the next scheduled contact along with a request that it be compared to all known galaxies. It could take awhile to find a match, and there could also be many possible matches, but I feel it is only a matter of time before we are able to return home.

* The hypermatter reactor is now online. It’s a temporary solution at best, if we want to take up permanent residence here we’ll need to excavate deeper into this planet to install the reactor in a more suitable location. I have been ordered to evaluate the current situation on this planet, and if possible, this galaxy. We know the gate network in this galaxy has been destroyed, so we will need to bring our own ships here somehow if we are to explore the galaxy. As for the planet, a lot can change in several hundred years, so we’ll have to tunnel to the surface in order to find out anything. A few excavation droids have been sent in to accomplish this, it should only take a day or two to dig a shaft and setup a repulsor lift to get to the surface.

* We have reached the surface. The atmosphere seems breathable, and radiation levels are nominal. Passive scans reveal only forest in all directions, I’m not willing to risk being discovered here while we are in such a vulnerable position. I’m sending out a patrol of storm troopers to see what they can find.

Personal Log, Stardate 52592.5
It’s times like this I don’t mind being a ranger, with nothing but a camp fire, the trees, and the wind to occupy my thoughts… there’s a depth here that no holodeck could possibly capture. In that way I guess I consider myself luckier than those poor beings stuck on a starship for most of their lives. Still… I wonder where I’d be if things had been different at the academy… oh well, no point crying over the past.
Tomorrow I’ll be upgrading and calibrating the first of the sensors. It’s about 20 kilometers North NorthEast of here. I’ll have to remember to…. the hell was that?

The young ensign looked up from his data padd and carefully examined the trees around him. The campfire crackled as it cast a ghostly illumination on the dense foliage. His senses heightened and the pang of fear invaded his spine as the ensign slowly reached for his phaser. Was it a bear? Not this far south. A mountain lion? Not this far North, not this time of year. Wolves… yeah, could be wolves. Out of the corner of his eye he thought he saw a flash of white. He looked, but saw nothing. His hand clenched the phaser as he set it to a wide beam. At that moment he heard something, it was a voice… but it was distorted, he couldn’t understand what it was saying… then he felt it, a sudden jolt that cut to his bones. As he lay on the ground, consciousness fading, he heard the voice again. The last thing he saw was a blurry white figure moving towards him… and then darkness.

“He’ll be alright, inform the Colonel we have a prisoner.”
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Heh heh heh.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Great ending line, great concept, combining SG-1, Wars, and Trek. I'm loving this. Keep it up! 8)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Sweet.

Wonder what happened to the Prometheus in your universe. Or does the Federation posess it?
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Crazedwraith wrote:Sweet.

Wonder what happened to the Prometheus in your universe. Or does the Federation posess it?

:wink: 8)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

JME2 wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:Sweet.

[img]which%20we%20don't%20quote%20of%20course[/img]
:wink: 8)
the USAF X303 Prometheus. Fool!

You know the one thats significanlty more advacned than ST tech? Likely has low GT range missiles?
Last edited by Crazedwraith on 2005-03-06 01:56pm, edited 2 times in total.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I was just kidding... 8)
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

Notes: Not as good an ending as the last chapter. that being said I hope I captured everything how I meant it to be... writing these things so late is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, fatigue grants you a more abstract mindset that allows creativity to flow... but on the other hand, you forget a lot of the things you wanted to do. So I may edit this chapter if i ever do a clean-up version.

I hope I'm not spoiling you guys with such a fast update. :wink:

Chapter 6

Interrogation Droid AX1-DB77
Memory Core Registry Dump: Time Index 0xFF832001ACFF00-01

Prisoner ID Code: MW-T-00001
Species: Human (sub-set: Terran)
Loading Terran defaults…. Failed; //subset file does not exist
Creating New subset folder…
Loading standard boundary settings: Human
Beginning standard interrogation prep
Registering subject body weight: index value: 04A
Analyzing blood and tissue samples
Registering subject metabolism: index value: 31S-a
Registering inherent allergies: none
Approximating Initial Pain Tolerance Levels: index value: 417-x32
Estimated Time to consciousness: 11 min
Injecting Truth Serum (primer): A43 – 7cc
Standby….
Estimated Time to consciousness: 5 min
Alerting Interrogator
Standby….
Estimated Time to consciousness: 1 min
Establishing network connection to peer machine: Interpreter B9-T2
Connection stable at 28.8 GB/s
Auto-relay all text through translator: true

Subject regaining consciousness…

Subject: wh…where am I?
Interrogator: I’m asking the questions here. Who are you?
Subject: Who am I? I’m Starfleet. Who are you?
***nerve staples engaged***
Subject: aaahhh! What was that?
*** nerve staples engaged ***
Subject: aaaaahhhh!
Interrogator: Please keep in mind that I’m asking the questions Mr. Starfleet.
Subject: My name’s not Starfleet, I’m with Starfleet you idiot.
Subject: ow! Geeze, I thought they rounded all you militia freaks up ages ago… you’ve got a one way ticket to New Zealand coming to you pal!
Interrogator: And what’s at ‘New Zealand’?
Subject: Have you been living under a rock all your life?
Subject: Cut that out!
Interrogator: What’s your name?
Subject: BITE ME!
Subject: gaaahhh!
Interrogator: Well, Mr. Byte, I can see you’re going to make this more difficult than it needs to be. So I’m going to make this very simple for you. Give me the answers I want, or your existence will very quickly become nothing more than a long string of painful and unpleasant experiences.
***Injection: Truth Serum [low]***
Subject: Hey! What was that?
Subject: djaaaaa!
Interrogator: Just something to help you relax. Now, Mr. Byte, tell me about Starfleet.
Subject: You want to know about Starfleet? Ok… I’ll tell you about Starfleet… When they come looking for me, and believe me, they’ll come looking. When they come… they’ll make you wish you’d stayed under your rock.
Interrogator: Is Starfleet a military organization?
Subject: Is Starfl…. Is…. What the hell did you inject me with?
Subject: eeiaaaa!
Interrogator: Answer the question. Is Starfleet a military organization?
Subject: Why are you asking me questions that are common knowledge?
Interrogator: You’re quite slow at learning Mr. Byte. Now answer the question!
Subject: YES!
***Injecting: Endorphines***
Interrogator: See? That wasn’t so hard. Answer my questions and you can save yourself a lot of unnecessary pain.
Subject: No… you’re just screwing with me. I’ll answer no more of your questions.
Interrogator: What is your position with Starfleet?
Subject: Ensign Samuel Carter, 4347-0194-5536
Interrogator: Well hello there Mr. Samuel Carter. Ensign? That’s your rank, correct?
Subject: Ensign Samuel Carter, 4347-0194-5536
Interrogator: Oh, you don’t want to play that game with me. I can assure you I’ll win.
Subject: Ensign Samuel carter, 4347-0194-5536
Interrogator: So be it, Ensign.
***Injecting: Truth Serum [moderate]***
***Injecting: Barbituates [low]***
Interrogator: What is it you do for Starfleet?
Subject: Ens.. Ensign Sam… Samuel Carter… 43…434…4…
Interrogator: What’s your job?
Subject: Ens… Sam…. Cart… 4… four…. Forest…
Interrogator: Forest?
Subject: forest… ranger
***Injecting: Endorphines***
Interrogator: So you’re a forest ranger?
Subject: How… how’d you know?
Interrogator: We know everything.
Subject: Then why did… why would…why ask?
Subject: uuunng
Interrogator: Don’t question us. Now, how large is Starfleet?
Subject: big
Interrogator: How big? How many worlds are under its control?
Subject: doesn’t work like that.
Interrogator: Ok then, I doubt you’re in a state to give a lengthy response… how long before you’re missed?
Subject: soon
Interrogator: How soon?
Subject: how…. s… soon.
Interrogator: Where do you work?
Subject: wh… at station
Interrogator: Are there computers there?
Subject: yes
Interrogator: Can those computers answer my questions?
Subject: yes
Subject: hieiii…. please… no more…
Interrogator: I’m sorry Mr. Carter, but before we can let you go back, you need a crash course in obedience.
Subject: aiiieeeaaa
Interrogator: Now Mr. Carter, I have but one more question for you.
Subject: uaarghaaaae!
Interrogator: Will you cling to the past, or can you see through the pain?
***Injecting: Stimulant [high]***
***Injecting: Hallucinogen [moderate]***
***Injecting: Pain Amplifier X0-41a [moderate]***
Subject: aaaaaaaaiieeeeaaaa<transcript error: unknown vowel>
**Subject has lost consciousness**
**Adjusting pain tolerance index**
***Injecting: Orexin [high]***
**ETA to consciousness: 15 seconds**
Standby…

First Journal of Lieutenant Colonel Irenicus (continued)

* We’ve captured one of the local humans, so it would seem they did survive the nuclear war alluded to by the base’s documents. But then why has the stargate never been retrieved? Unless all knowledge of it was lost in the war… I’ll find out more during the interrogation.

* It seems these humans have been busy in the past centuries. It is odd that the technology has evolved on a completely different course than what is in this base. The energy weapon the prisoner carried utilizes no naquadah. In addition to the weapon, he carried a small scanning device, a data pad of some sort, a bag of survival gear, and a bag of what appears to be sensor equipment. The designs of these instruments suggest that all knowledge of the stargate was indeed lost to these people. Though it could be that without local naquadah sources and no working gate system they have been forced to improvise, but I find it difficult to believe they would simply abandon the gate completely. I’m having the data pad translated immediately…
The prisoner is about to wake up.

* The prisoner is of a low rank, but he will prove useful. He’s responding well to mental conditioning; I’ve forgotten how effective our methods are on a completely untrained mind. According to his journal he planned a prolonged vacation in the forest, it should be about a week before someone begins to miss him; plenty of time. I’m sending a team to conduct the sensor maintenance the prisoner would have been responsible for, but with a few modifications; we’ll have full control over what the sensors transmit back to their station.

* We’re releasing the prisoner. We’ve rigged his ‘tri-corder’ with an Imperial covert transmitter. He’s been instructed to link it up to his station’s computer systems when he gets back. From there our slicers should be able to get all the information we need, provided the station is somehow networked with databases that contain the information we require.

Operational Log, Stardate 52593.1
Lieutenant Commander Khitthairin Vlos reporting
Carter’s been acting weird since his trip. He’s more aloof and curt than usual, but more than that, it’s his eyes… they… they’re just wrong. I tried to casually raise the subject of his behavior but he cut me off and quickly changed the subject. Anyways, I think I’m going to have to ask him to see a counselor and undergo a full range drug screen.

Operational Log, Supplemental
I… I’m not sure what to think. When Carter refused my request I naturally had to call security and order him to see a counselor… then he just went berserk. He started sweating and talking to himself… then… then he grabbed a phaser from off my desk and… he actually tried to shoot himself. Thankfully I had removed the energy core to do some basic maintenance. I initiated an emergency site to site transport and sent him to a security center in New Colorado Springs. They’ll hold him until we can figure out what’s wrong with him.
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

First Post!

supplemental note: I just realized after referring to my trek timeline that I've been incrementing the stardates far too slowly, that too will be fixed later.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

God help the federation if the Galactic Empire gains a foothold in Colorado. When is it in the trek and SW timelines?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

well, wars timeline: if you read the first chapter carefully, you'll see the Empire won the civil war. Specifically at Endor. I may do a flashback to explain that better. Star Trek timeline: these events are supposed to be unfolding just after the dominion war, but before Voyager returns home.
Duken
Youngling

Post by Duken »

Nice chapter. The log seemed a bit short, but the supplemental had the right pace.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Good chapter once again. I'm enjoying your writing style very much; it reminds me of Bram Stoker's Dracula. Keep up the great work!
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

This story is pretty good.
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:God help the federation if the Galactic Empire gains a foothold in Colorado.
Actually, if the Empire has to funnel everything through the bottleneck of the Stargate I'd say this is one scenario that the Federation might actually be able to win.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Hm, Stargate= Iconian Gateway? They work about the same, they're in the same universe according to this fic...
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:Hm, Stargate= Iconian Gateway? They work about the same, they're in the same universe according to this fic...
no, from what I read, the Iconian gateway doesn't require a recieving gate... however, the Furling's gate in 6x15 "Paradise Lost".... hmmm..... :wink:

though for the purposes of my story, that probably won't come up.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I approve of this fanfic.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

28.8 Gbps? If you're using that as the level of imperial low level computing, the Asgard are going to shit all over their systems, badly, if they're still around.
Subject: BITE ME!
Subject: gaaahhh!
Interrogator: Well, Mr. Byte,
Okay. I laughed a lot at that one.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

NecronLord wrote:28.8 Gbps? If you're using that as the level of imperial low level computing, the Asgard are going to shit all over their systems, badly, if they're still around.
I figured 28.8 Gigabytes(not gigabits) per second was plenty fast enough for streaming audio :D

and an interrogation droid isn't going to be handling a ton of network traffic, so why put a high end transciever in it?
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Chapter 7

Post by Jaepheth »

Notes: Had to break from the journal style again, some things just can't be done in a journalesque style (which will especially be true once battle sequences begin).

Chapter 7

First Journal of Colonel Irenicus (continued)

* We have accessed the main computer at our “new friend’s” station. Our resident slicer and her droids are getting accustomed to the local architecture before daring to venture out onto other networked machines. It seems certain, though, that the computer is linked to a vast system of computers and databases.

* I’ll be sending the basic technical schematics we’ve retrieved back to Imperial Intelligence for analysis. The most relevant documents we’ve discovered thus far is a technical manual detailing sub-space transceivers and standardized protocols. It should allow us to construct a much more efficient means of slicing local computers without having to rely on our agent.

* My superiors inform me that the Emperor himself has changed my mission objectives. Instead of passive intelligence gathering and covert surveillance, I am now to make preparations to seize this galaxy by force. I’ll be spending the rest of the night creating initial plans… looks like it’s going to be one of those assignments.
My recommendations will be due at the next gate window approximately 9 days from now. They’re moving the gate back to Coruscant since this galaxy seems to pose no threat to us and the station it was being held on is too valuable a secret to risk its discovery due to large equipment and troop movements. Coruscent however… a lot of men and machines can disappear on Coruscant without anyone asking any questions.

* My first acquisition for this conquest is going to have to be an army of logistics droids and personnel for the home front. Trying to fight a galactic war through the stargate is going to be a logistical nightmare. We’ll need to build up an unassailable position in this galaxy. At the very least we’ll need to garrison this planet so heavily as to make any attack on it futile.
So the first step is to take this planet.

* Ha! The solution is so simple. The local population is mostly humans, so we’ll simply use our slicers to slowly add stormtroopers to the populace under civilian disguises. Then, once the population is sufficiently saturated by our own people, we’ll launch a global offensive and take the planet in a matter of hours, or days at the most. All we need is patience.
To start things off, we’ll be expanding this base into a huge underground staging area. A large number of excavation and construction droids, as well as materials are being poured through the gate.

* Damn the luck! Our operative has been detained. From what I’ve read thus far, I doubt that this “Federation” is willing to do what it would take to crack the mental conditioning we put in him. But there is so much I do not know of this galaxy. This is an unfortunate set back and I’ll have to move up the time table on the invasion and adapt our plans accordingly, just in case.

* After consulting with my local psychologist and engineers, I believe this new plan has a very high chance of succeeding. I will be forwarding it to my superiors later today. I’m not sure if they’ll approve; nothing like this has ever been tried before… but that’s why it’s going to work. But I’ll need droids… lots of droids.

Captain’s Log Stardate 52592.8

We have received a strange transmission from a Ferengi cruiser requesting that we meet with them. The captain spoke of an “offer we couldn’t refuse.” Since we have completed our previous mission to Starbase 375 ahead of schedule and have some time before the Enterprise is due for a maintenance stop, I’ve decided to meet with the Ferengi to see what it is he wants. Or, more likely, what he wants to sell me.

“Captain on the bridge!” Riker declared as he snapped to attention.

“At Ease” came Picard’s casual reply as he entered the bridge from his ready room. “Report”

“We’ll be entering the Gamma Draconis system momentarily, sir.” replied Riker.

The helmsman turned in his seat to address the captain, “Dropping out of warp now, sir.”

The tactical officer on duty ran some scans and reported to the captain, “Sir, one Ferengi D’Kora class cruiser 15,000 Kilometers off starboard. Computer identifies it as the ‘Kreea’ commanded by DaiMon Vik…. We are being hailed.”

Picard took a deep breath to ready himself for negotiations, “Well, let’s get this over with. On screen.”

The main viewscreen changed from a view of the Ferengi’s ship, to a view of the Ferengi ship’s bridge, centered on a middle-aged Ferengi complete with the sly grin that meant they knew they were about to make a sale. “Captain Picard, I am honored you accepted my invitation. I am DaiMon Vik, and many Federation archeologists would trade their left arm for the chance to be in your shoes. But knowing how much you yourself enjoy archeology, and also knowing that you can’t refuse a good mystery…”

Picard interrupted the DaiMon’s speech, “Can you get to the point please? What exactly is it that you’re selling?”

Vik held a bemused expression on his face for a second before responding. “I am offering you the one time chance to buy two things. First, is this,” Vik held up a transparent container, in it was a flat green object studded with small black rectangles. “The second thing I’m selling, is the location of the planet on which this was found.”

Picard glanced at the object before asking what it was.

Vik was quick to reply, “I’m told it’s a fragment of a primitive Earth circuit board. It’s made mostly of silicon, and was possibly meant to assist a computer processor of some kind. From Earth’s late 20th or early 21st century I’m told.”

Picard gave a slight sneer, “Many primitive cultures develop this kind of technology, what makes you so sure it’s from Earth.”

Vik returned Picard’s sneer as he replied, “Because this particular board is marked in English, and clearly states that it was ‘made in Taiwan.’”

Picard’s sneer quickly disappeared as he began to contemplate the possibilities. How could a 21st century relic from earth end up so far out into space? Could there be more clues on the planet it was found? “How do I know the board is authentic?”

Vik mocked an appearance of being insulted, “Captain! All my merchandise is fully guaranteed to be authentic. I assure you this artifact is a product of Earth’s information age. But if you insist, of course I’ll allow you to inspect it first.”

Picard ignored the DaiMon’s acting and pressed on to the topic of price. “Assuming it is real, what would you be asking for in exchange?”

Vik thought for a moment before replying, “Oh, I think I could give you the board and the planet’s coordinates for… 200 bars of gold pressed latinum.”

Picard quickly countered, “Outrageous! I’ll give you 75 bars for the coordinates, and 8 bars for the board.”

Vik once again feigned being insulted, “Captain, that would barely cover the cost of the fuel I used to bring you this offer. But just for you, since I like you so much, I’ll sell you both for 120 bars.”

Picard countered again, “100 bars, and that’s my final offer, since it’s all the latinum I have with me.”

Vik thought hard for a few seconds before conceding, “Very well human, you have a deal. 100 bars for the board and the planet’s coordinates upon verification of the board’s authenticity.”

Picard smiled, “Good, beam over so that my engineering team can run the necessary tests, and I’ll retrieve your payment from my quarters.”

Vik gave one last polite gesture before cutting the transmission.

Picard touched his comm badge, “Picard to engineering; Geordi, get with Data and devise a series of tests to validate the authenticity of a 20th century computer board.”

Geordi’s voice came in over the bridge’s intercom, “I’m on it sir.”

“You have the bridge number one.” Picard stated as he headed for the turbolift.
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Intresting...the Alpha Site mayhaps?
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Crazedwraith wrote:Intresting...the Alpha Site mayhaps?
Could actually be any planet the SGC has visited, even without a stargate.

They dropped junk just as baddly as everyone else in Stargate-verse. I'm sure it is posible for a MALP to be dropped though a stargate into orbit around a planet at some stage. Or just just lost a few of them.

The SGC had a budget of at least $6 billion a year at the start of the series. They can afford to lose junk around the galaxy, but the humans who run the stuff arent as replacable.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I agree; could go either way.

Keep it up Jaepheth! :)