Children of the Ancients

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

BUMP!! :twisted:

and.....?? when we get our fix of good writing? :shock:
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Good stuff.
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

Teaser pics! :D

(couldn't find a good pose from a starfleet officer :? )

Disclaimer: I did these for fun, the depicted scenes may not actually happen in the story
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
holyknight
Youngling

Post by holyknight »

Sheeet....Troi is going to scream and have nightmares for decades if she ever try to tap the emotions of Vader...... :twisted:

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
Vianca
Padawan Learner

Post by Vianca »

Jaepheth wrote:Teaser pics! :D

(couldn't find a good pose from a starfleet officer :? )

Disclaimer: I did these for fun, the depicted scenes may not actually happen in the story
No Picard (and Co) by Unknown Earth ship?
Where are the Asgards?
Nice way to get Voyager home, finding another ship of that time (Earth or orther).
Nothing like the present.
Vianca
Padawan Learner

Post by Vianca »

Would be a good one, if they find one off SGC's nukes.
Any idea where the Borg come from?

The face of those stormtroopers, when they are faced with new Old Earth tech.
Like that Asgard Energy canon on some of those SGC ships, maybe some ion-cannons somewhere?
What is Q?
It looks like you say there are more powerful forces in this (multicross) univers, then Q.
Will the Federation rise to this challenge, or fail?
Woulden't be suprised, if there was a other planet with it's own dialling system. It’s a big universe, it has to have happened before.
Will the Rebel Alliance find a other gate?
Maybe on Naboo, or Corrillia?

So, Trill's are Tokra's?

Like it so far, it's good.
Nothing like the present.
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

Chapter 12

Picard felt like his head was barely balanced somewhere between exploding and imploding. With a groan he tried to sit up, but quickly realized that a more vertical position was a lost cause at this point.

"Take easy... you... be more... good... soon." said Ensign Zolo in a heavily accented and broken English.

"Sir? Don't worry sir, the nausea will wear off pretty quickly." said Geordi.

Picard was already feeling a bit better, but didn't attempt to sit up again yet. "Where are we?"

"Underground, but beyond that, I don't know." came Geordi's reply.

Picard opened his eyes and leaned up on his elbow as his eyes adjusted to the low bluish green glow around them.

Picard was against the back wall of a medium sized cell of dark, smooth, damp rock. The light was emminating from strange glowing fungi on the walls. Zolo sat down, relieved that Picard was alright. Geordi was already sitting against the wall... without his visor. And in the corner sat a beleagured looking Ferengi in rather tattered clothing.

"Who's this? And where's Lt. O'Neill?" inquired Picard.

"Well, whoever our captors are, they took everything, including my visor and our comm badges... so we have no clue who he is. As for the Lieutenant, some guards came by earlier and hauled her off... that was awhile ago, I hope she's alright. Oh, and Captain, just to make sure I understood Mr. Zolo correctly, we are sharing this cell with a Ferengi, right?"

"That's correct Geordi."

"Sala sorda cala-madri... is Firenji." responded Mr. Zolo.

"I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that if I'd had a chance to read Mr. Zolo's personal file, I would have seen that he's not from Earth." quipped Picard.

"Heh, that'd be correct sir." replied Geordi.

"So what're our captors like?" asked Picard.

Geordi thought for a bit before responding. "Well, I don't know what they look like. But they have a rather harsh sounding language, and it also sounds like they were a bit rough with O'Neill when they pulled her out of here. Oh, and I'm pretty sure they were wearing a hard armor of some sort. Probably metal, but it could've been a ceramic or even part of their physiology for all I know."

Picard was about to ask another question when a strong voice echoed down the hallway, "Cree Jaffa."

Carter’s eyes half opened, but he quickly closed them again hoping to get another 5 minutes of sleep before his alarm went off. He lay there with his mind wandering. He thought of the forest and his recent camping trip… then he remembered. The soldiers in white, the droids, the tunnels, the gate… yes, the gate. He had seen it, a large round gate of shimmering light which poured forth troops and equipment without rest. And there, beneath the ground, an unseen army waited; hidden, building strength and waiting to be unleashed on an unsuspecting earth. He had to warn everyone.

Carter sat up… this wasn’t his room. He got up and walked toward the opening of the alcove that housed the bed he’d been sleeping on.

*Biizzzzzzt*

Carter was thrown back by a forcefield, he clenched his nose hoping he hadn’t just broken it.

“Oh, you’re finally awake.”

Carter looked up to see a man about his age standing on the other side of the forcefield. He wore a grey uniform and was pushing an old floor sanitizer; he paused, leaned on the device and faced Carter.

“I was beginning to think you were never going to wake up. Oh, but where are my manners. Hello, I’m Roger Wilco, I’m the janitor here.”

Carter wasn’t really listening, the things on his mind were too important. “Listen, you got to let me out of here, there’s an army building up strength under the Old America Nature Preserve. They’re very advanced, and they’re gaining numbers even as we speak! They’re pouring through some kind of portal deep in the earth. They’re preparing for a surprise attack, but if we act now we may be in time to stop them!”

Roger, looking rather bemused, responded while half chuckling, “Heh. Say, that’s a pretty good one, you should hear Sarah Connor’s story over in C-block. Well, it was nice talking to you, but I have to get back to work.” Roger began once again pushing his floor sanitizer past Carter’s cell. He turned briefly to add, “Oh, and welcome to New Zealand.”

…and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
~ The Revelations of John

“All squads, make final checks and prepare to disembark.” Col. Irenicus released the intercom switch and turned to the officer standing behind him. “Fighter squadrons ready?”

“Yes sir, they’re finishing preflights now.”

“Slicers ready?”

“Slicers report they are standing by.”

“Charges set?”

“Demo teams report all charges are primed and ready.”

“How’s our window look?”

“We are at T-minus 15 minutes until optimal firing time.”

“Begin powering up the main reactor.”

“Yes sir!”

Irenicus turned back to the intercom, “All stations, we are a go, T-minus 15 minutes.”

Oh how I wish I was out there, where the action is, where the adventure is, where anything can happen. It’s so boring here, I feel like a glorified traffic control officer… maybe I could just steal a ship and go…

“Sir, I’m reading a large scale power fluctuation emanating from the planet surface.”

Captain Nadin, commanding officer in charge of operations on Earth’s Spacedock, snapped out of his daydream. “Forward the readings to Starfleet Command.”

“Aye sir…. Um… sir, the energy readings are increasing exponentially.”

“Forward the readings to Starfleet Command.”

“…but sir, these readings would indicate a fleet’s worth of warp cores are in… the middle of the Old America Nature Preserve.”

“Ensign, what happens on the surface is not our jurisdiction; now forward the readings to Starfleet Command.”

The nervous ensign turned back to his console and entered a few commands, “…Aye aye sir.”

Captain Nadin sat back in his chair and continued to dream of adventure.

Irenicus watched carefully the power gauges and orbital positioning graphs displayed on his console. An indicator light turned green and Irenicus issued his orders, “Detonate the charges… NOW!”

At that moment, large explosions changed the face of Cheyenne Mountain forever; moving in moments tons of rock and vegetation that hid large openings in the mountain face. Following the explosion a shield deactivated exposing a large device that had only moments before been concealed by the mountain.

“Ion control… Fire!”

In Earth Spacedock’s main cafeteria, two ensigns were sitting down for lunch.

“So did you see the USS Katar get tractered in this morning?”

“Was that the one with the huge asteroid stuck in the hull? What happened there?”

“Well an old academy friend of mine was stationed on the ship, and the way he tells it is, they were patrolling this asteroid field…”

“What’s that?”

“… It’s an area of space filled with big rocks…”

“No, not that; THAT!” The ensign pointed to the window behind his companion who turned to see what was so interesting. Through the window was a breathtaking view of the Earth, but a bright light was over the North American continent… and it was getting bigger.

“I don’t know… is… is it getting bigger or heading toward us?”

A few seconds later the ion bolt struck the station’s unshielded hull several decks below the cafeteria. From the impact site spread arcs of energy as the station’s lights began to flicker. The last thing one of the ensigns in the cafeteria saw, was an arc of energy pass by, and a field of static flash by the window as its forcefield was disabled. One of the last things he felt, was the air around him and in his lungs being forcefully expelled into the void of space. The last thing he realized; was that you can’t scream in a vacuum…

"Ion control reports three direct hits on Earth Spacedock... target disabled." reported a comm officer to Col. Irenicus.

"Very good, green light the slicers, prepare to launch fighters, and deploy all ground troops."

In a room deep in what was once the SGC, three of the Empire's best slicers, their assistant droids and consoles recieved the order to strike.

The lead slicer, Kalare, tied her hair back in a pony tail as she spoke, "Alright, you boys know the rules, last to finish their target list buys. And remember, maximum chaos."

"Kind of wish I had Yorlis' cybernetic implants right about now. Not much chance of getting a brain damaging virus in this galaxy," said Edwin.

Yorlis smirked as he responded, "Hey, I took the chances at home, I reap the rewards here… Ok, I’m in the transporter grid, beginning droid transports. Ok, that should be finished in about… five minutes."

Edwin acknowledged, “Five minutes, roger. Setting five minute time delayed virus in the global power grid computers.”

“Scrambling comm. traffic… done, and now onto the ships. T7, pull up that list of command codes we got yesterday.” Kalare’s droid assistant gave a slight nod as a long list of codes appeared on one of her monitors. “Ok, first up…. NCC-61826, the USS Monitor, Nebula-class…”

“Goto red alert. Charlie, give me a report. What’s going on?” inquired Captain Joseph Kort of the USS Monitor.

“Sir, several large blasts came from earth’s surface and have struck Spacedock. There are shallow hull breaches at the impact sites, but it appears they are suffering massive system failures.”

“Get me Starfleet Command.”

“Aye sir….. woah…. Sir, all network channels just went haywire.”

“See if you can open a direct link then, we should have line of sight from here.”

At that moment the turbolift doors opened, but no turbolift was present, and from the shaft they heard the echoes as other doors opened. The doors to the captain’s ready room opened as well. The security officer on duty spoke, “Sir, doors all over the ship are opening… oh no, Sir, hangar doors are opening too. We’re venting atmosphere!”

“Well get them closed!”

“I’ve been locked out of the system!”

“Enable force fields, section off the ship!”

“The system is not responding!”

“Shut off all incoming comm traffic, send out an SOS saying we are under a hacker attack, and tell engineering to hardboot the computer, NOW!”

“Comm traffic restricted to transmit mode. Sir, internal comm systems have entered a level 4 diagnostic scan, I can’t contact engineering.”

The temperature on the bridge was starting to drop rapidly with the pressure. The science officer was next to speak, “Sir, engineering could be a vacuum by now. I suggest we abandon ship and try to fix the computer later.”

“Good idea, do we still have internal sensors and transporters?”

“Aye sir.”

“Lock on to anyone who’s still alive and transport them to an escape pod or shuttle craft.”

“Understood sir.”

“Only 25 percent casualties Kalare, not very effective,” taunted Edwin.

“Hey, the ship was disabled wasn’t it.” retorted Kalare.

“If you say so, I guess it was pretty creative, but watch this…”

Onboard the Excelsior-class USS Fearless, flashing red light illuminated the bridge as her crew attempted to assess the situation.

“Sir, the USS Monitor just transmitted… a recipe for wonton soup?”

“Are they still venting atmosphere?”

“Aye sir… wait a moment, I’m detecting multiple escape pod and shuttle launches, it looks like they’re abandoning ship.”

What happened over there Kort? “Set course for the Monitor, lets pick up those escape pods and shuttles.”

The consoles on the bridge flickered on and off for a second.

“What was that?” asked the captain.

“I don’t know sir, I….”

The ship suddenly began shaking.

“Sir, inertia dampeners are offline!”

“All stop! Get those back online.”

“Sir… warp engines are engaging!”

The weight of what the ensign had just said hadn’t even sunk in before the ship accelerated to the speed of light. The captain didn’t even have time to notice the floor moving beneath his feet before the wall met him. In a fraction of a second, the crew of the USS Fearless was reduced to a series of stains on the aft walls of the ship.

“… So then I take the weapons from Bajor to Chalna where I trade them for a native plant. This plant is easily turned into a chemical that’s deadly to Argrathi, so I can exchange it on Argratha for cultures of a bacterium that’s extremely deadly to the natives of Cantis VII, so I blackmail their government or trade with their criminals for latinum. I then head back to the pre-industrial Haerlis II and start the process all over again. Unfortunately, this last time we encountered a Federation ship which caught me in the act, so they arrested me and impounded my ship.”

Carter was sitting against the wall of his cell; he’d been getting to know his neighbor. The talkative one in the cell directly across from his was Captain Manuel Calavera, or ‘Manny’ as his friends called him.

Carter sighed wondering how he was going to get out of here. Then the lights changed from white to red as alarms went off. “What’s going on?” he asked.

Manny shrugged, “Don’t ask me.”

They heard running footsteps down the hall. Several security officers ran by carrying phaser rifles. Mr. Wilco was behind them but stopped to catch his breath.

“Hey! Roger, what’s going on?” asked Manny.

Roger took a few deep breaths before replying, “I don’t know… these robots beamed in and just started shooting up the place, they seem to be heading for the sub-space transceiver.” The word ‘robot’ suddenly struck him and he gave Carter a funny look.

Carter spoke, “We have to get off this planet.”

Manny nodded, “My ship is impounded over on the mainland, just 200 kilometers south of Ayers Rock, if we can get there, I can fly us out of here.”

Carter thought a moment, “That’s gotta be like… three thousand kilometers away.”

Roger had an idea, “It’s actually four thousand kilometers, but I think I can get us there. We just have to get to my Uncle’s place, it’s just a few minutes drive from here; I have an old truck I’ve been restoring that we can use.”

“Great, now we just have to get out of these cells, and I don’t suppose you, as a janitor, have the authority to open them.” Carter had just finished speaking when the lights went off, the alarms went silent, and the force fields deactivated.

Manny was the first to speak, “Woah, power’s out… well, opportunity’s knocking, let’s get out of here.”

With that, the three ran down the corridor and out of the complex.
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Nice chapter. But I'm pretty sure feddies don't use forcefields for windows.
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

I was wondering about that.
Well, the database has evidence that they were still using transparent aluminum during TNG, but in First Contact the windows are forcefields. So I suppose Spacedock is old enough to still have the transparent aluminum.

Won't be too hard to change though, just put the ion bolt impact closer, have the window crack, then everyone looks around at each other nervously before the windows buckle from atmospheric pressure and explode outward.

Problem solved.
Children of the Ancients
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Jaepheth wrote:I was wondering about that.
Well, the database has evidence that they were still using transparent aluminum during TNG, but in First Contact the windows are forcefields. So I suppose Spacedock is old enough to still have the transparent aluminum.
IIRC in First Contact it was a Cargo Bay Door not a window.
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Jaepheth wrote:I was wondering about that.
IIRC in First Contact it was a Cargo Bay Door not a window.
It wasn't quite a cargo-bay door, it was more like a waste chute.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Just finished reading all the stuff till now. A very interesting mix. The last chapter alone had hints for Terminator, Grim Fandago video game ... did I miss anything else?

I still wonder though how could have the Goa'uld Empire coexisted in the same Galaxy with the other space empires? What records would have the Vulcans or the Romulans or the Klingons of them? As far as I know from Trek timeline warp drive in the Galaxy is a quite bit older than the Terran drive.

As for the two pictures ... I was under the impression that the stargate was a lot larger ... given that the Jumpers in Atlantis or the Darts could go through them. In that specific image it looks just ... tiny.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

a recipe for wonton soup?
Why does it always have to deal with an Chinese dish? :x
But otherwise it is great and funny. :D

[nickpik]Also a few chapters back you said that the empire's FTL drive is much slower than the ancients, which I always thought were relatively equal. They both have shown to traverse the galaxy in a few hours (and the empire's galaxy is much bigger)[/nickpik]

ME WANT MORE
holyknight
Youngling

hmm..we're there yet?

Post by holyknight »

BUMP!!! :evil:

ElPintoGrande
Youngling

Post by ElPintoGrande »

Why? Why in the seven hells would you do that? I see gallows in your future...
Yay! Midget Toss!