So you want me to change the title of my fic, eh?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Name that story

Star Wars: The Republic's Crusade
32%
Crusade
11%
Pandora's Box
No votes
Strings of Fate
No votes
Manifest Destiny
37%
Wages of the Soul
No votes
Who cares! Just call it submitted weekly
16%
Your story sucks, you suck and you should stop writing and wasting board space
5%

Total votes: 19

Mark S
The Quiet One

So you want me to change the title of my fic, eh?

Post by Mark S »

For those of you who have been keeping up with my fanfic and actually give a rat's ass...

It appears as though there are those that feel that the title I have bestowed upon my story has not passed quality control. Well folks, in that case, I'd like some help in the naming. Kindly vote on one of the options at the top of your screen or if you can think of another, please share it. All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

What would be the current title?
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Stormbringer wrote:What would be the current title?
The first option. It's always been at the beginning of the story. I just never used it for the thread title.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Manfiest Destinty sounds great

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

option seven
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Hendrake
Padawan Learner

Post by Hendrake »

Manifest Destiny is a great title.

And keep up the good work!
"It appears that our minds will never meet on this subject."
"If someone asks you why you're oppressing a world and you reply with a lot of poetic crap, no." - Lord of Light, Roger Zelazny
Mark S
The Quiet One

Manifest Destiny... A bitch if you'r the one in the way.

Post by Mark S »

Well, it's been almost a week and it looks like this is the feedback I'm going to get. I think I can consider this poll at an end. No more rat's asses will be accepted. And by popular concensus...

Let the word go forth that my fanfic, the one running in the "How about another fanfic" thread, the second fanfic to start on this board I believe, will be now called

Manifest Destiny

I will edit my original post to suite but Stravo or someone will have to alter the sticky version. I have no idea if I should change the thread subject or if it would just be confusing though. I'm just a simple story teller and not knowledgable in such things.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

You're just a simple storyteller trying to make his way through the universe, eh?

I'll be happy to change the sticky title, but I agree that you should not change the thread title because everyone knows that's yours.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Mark S

Stok knocking yourself your fanfic is 5+ excelent.

Better than StarCrossed IMHO sorry Stravo.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Hendrake
Padawan Learner

Post by Hendrake »

I agree (sorry Stravo. Personal preference). We fans have not forgotten your wanderful fiction and you should knock yourself down, your fanfic is the best I've found in the whole net.
"It appears that our minds will never meet on this subject."
"If someone asks you why you're oppressing a world and you reply with a lot of poetic crap, no." - Lord of Light, Roger Zelazny
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

I take no offense at all...as long as you guys are reading Star Crossed as well :wink:

Mark you've got your fans, you're just lucky that you didn't get stuck with the raving loons that I call fans...they're a hard bunch to satisfy. I'm happy to be put in the same class as Mark, that's all.

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Knocking myself? I didn't think I was doing that. Just changing the title. I just needed Stravo 'cause he's a mod and can edit the Sticky version. Thank you very much for the support and confidence though. The latest part should be up soon but it's coming slowly. Not really blocked per say, just haven't had the inclination to write lately.

And Stravo, is it possible for you to post without whoring your own fic? :lol: :P Kidding! Just kidding! I don't want any angry PMs, I don't want any phone calls, I don't want an SD.net Jihad against me of Stravo minions, I was joking. I am probably one of Stravo's biggest fans.

But seriously man, have some self respect. :D
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Mark, I will have you know that I have PLENTY of self respect :wink:

read star crossed or I will be seriulsy depressed

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Stravo wrote:Mark, I will have you know that I have PLENTY of self respect :wink:

read star crossed or I will be seriulsy depressed
Just had to get it in there again didn't you. Maybe self respect was a bad term. Maybe I should have said humility. :P

And your latest chapter was the first thing I read when I logged on. :wink: