Should I attempt to bring this story Back

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Should I attempt to bring this story Back

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Well some people who remember me writting this story over in ASVS last year have Emailed or AIMed me asking about it's status.
(Warning the story invilves a character that thourghly enjoys causing pain to others.)
Well Here's the original curtesy of some Google Necromancy
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Jason ... com&rnum=1
Should I try to write some more and what sort of warning ratings should be posted on this?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear

Is the link not working?

I really would like some input.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Errr...I dunno. That's pretty violent, and it's disturbing violence at that. RayCav just got his fic removed for it's disturbing images, so I'd recommend posting a big fat warning before it.
JADAFETWA
The Yosemite Bear

Why do you think I stopped writing it last year, I was stressed out at work, and I started rewritting a story I had began when I was a sick college student. The process of getting that bit out, left me completly drained. (actually, in the medical clinic on Anti-biotics & rehydration therepy. The scarier part for me, is reliving shit that inspired the original fiction, and watching my own darkside being amplified too such an extent.

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

THe Yosemite Bear wrote:Why do you think I stopped writing it last year, I was stressed out at work, and I started rewritting a story I had began when I was a sick college student. The process of getting that bit out, left me completly drained. (actually, in the medical clinic on Anti-biotics & rehydration therepy. The scarier part for me, is reliving shit that inspired the original fiction, and watching my own darkside being amplified too such an extent.
In that case, I don't think bringing it back would be a good idea. We want you here and safe and sane. No fic is that important.
The Yosemite Bear

If I remember correctly it was Sheppard and Falk, who wanted more, Boyd, Chuck, and Marina asked me to shelve it for my own safety and because I was scaring them.

haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

THe Yosemite Bear wrote:If I remember correctly it was Sheppard and Falk, who wanted more, Boyd, Chuck, and Marina asked me to shelve it for my own safety and because I was scaring them.
If Shep likes, then Bad Idea.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

Best not to. Like Nietzsche said, 'When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

We like The Yosemite Bear as his fuzzy lovable self, not as a sadistic evil bastard.
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

If you really need to vent in such a way, then I suggest an online journal (either at LiveJournal or DeadJournal if you don't already have one). Online journals are a good thing to have, and another good way to meet people. I personally am always venting basically my life story in there...as do others on this board (I'm not saying who).

Formerly verilon

The Yosemite Bear

Evil Sadistic Bastard wrote:Best not to. Like Nietzsche said, 'When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

We like The Yosemite Bear as his fuzzy lovable self, not as a sadistic evil bastard.
I am really getting tempted to start a website called "The Search for Terrestrial Intellegence", It's the last day we are open to the Tourists, I bought a big bowl of candy and left it, out for everyone. And a couple complained be cause the Sattilite muzak station (Classic Rock), playied Ozzy, and that I was encouraging Satanism with that and the candy bowl....

This is as good as the person who has no winter driving experience who is trying to ARGUE with the CHP over chain controlls, and then trying to tell the folks at the gas station that tthey are overpriced.

Sparkticus
Youngling

Post by Sparkticus »

Your material is a lot like the insight given into the mind of the killer in Jonathon Kellerman's book "The Butcher's Theater". If some of the other people on this board are offended by this story, then I would recommend giving Kellerman's works a miss...
"That's just a vicious rumor started by my socks. It's their revenge for me using them to floss my asscrack." ---Chuck
Stalker in the Shadows - "I like to watch..."
Cult of the Kitten::[Mew] I AM evil, really...
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

As another comment, this story of yours is weirdly appealing...I don't know what it is, and can't exactly say for sure...but if you feel that you must finish it, then do so, and I for one would encourage it...however, you may not want to post it here...that would probably not be the best idea.

Formerly verilon

The Yosemite Bear

You kinda do have a pont it probly needs it's own site, with a LOT of disclaimers and warnings, and age blocks.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

No
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Yosemite, there is definately a therapeutic side to writing, but when it starts to affect you instead of being a release then you really should stop because now you're channeling a dark part of yourself and it may not want to politely go away after you're done writing.

I am NOT a censor but I would prefer we keep the dark disturbing stuff off the forum for many reasons, but I would not be opposed to warning labels so that no one goes wandering into something they were not ready for. Frankly I'd be more concerned for your own well being writing these things.

Just my two cents.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

After reading several posts here, I have decided not to read it (probably a good thing), but I will serve up a bit of advice.

Stress sucks. I got an online journal to relieve a bunch of stress I'd been having. My journal is quite... well, I don't think you guys would even think it was me. But, at that point, it was. It is my outlink.

Or was.

I have to say, since I started posting here and getting so much attention ;) I have been much less stressful. Then again, there has been a few things outside of here that have happened which were contributing to quite abit of the stress and now are gone. But that's another story covered in all the gory detail in my journal.

As for writing. I love writing. It also is an output of my stress. But when it gets to the point where it isn't fun anymore, I put it aside. I think, from what I've read here of other reactions, you should not revive that story. Perhaps writing something else would be better. I am willing to bet that you are probably a VERY good writer.

Anyway, that's just my two creds on the situation.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Stravo wrote:Yosemite, there is definately a therapeutic side to writing, but when it starts to affect you instead of being a release then you really should stop because now you're channeling a dark part of yourself and it may not want to politely go away after you're done writing.
Stavo has a good point here. Try to keep your focus on getting rid of the stress. If you feel MORE stressed because of the writing, ditch it.
I am NOT a censor but I would prefer we keep the dark disturbing stuff off the forum for many reasons, but I would not be opposed to warning labels so that no one goes wandering into something they were not ready for. Frankly I'd be more concerned for your own well being writing these things.

Just my two cents.
Said the Mod. :wink:
JADAFETWA
The Yosemite Bear

IG-88E wrote:
Stravo wrote:Yosemite, there is definately a therapeutic side to writing, but when it starts to affect you instead of being a release then you really should stop because now you're channeling a dark part of yourself and it may not want to politely go away after you're done writing.
Stavo has a good point here. Try to keep your focus on getting rid of the stress. If you feel MORE stressed because of the writing, ditch it.

Just my two cents.
Said the Mod. :wink:
lol, thanks

btw who mods, the mods.