fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Siyanoq
Redshirt

fanfic

Post by Siyanoq »

hi. i just thought i'd say that i really enjoyed reading the fanfic, and that i'd encourage you to write a sequel! :D perhaps in the world of another sci-fi series, such as babylon 5, or something. or even, just a post-conquest story would be fabulous! :mrgreen:
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

yeah, that is a good idea. Ever think of writing Conquest: Episode II, Mike?
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

SolidSnake wrote:yeah, that is a good idea. Ever think of writing Conquest: Episode II, Mike?
BUMP
Brotherhood of the Monkey
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Considerng the ending of Conquest, such a thing is impossible...
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Siyanoq
Redshirt

Post by Siyanoq »

not necessarily... we've got picard and his son, what's left of the federation, the admiral and his battered forces, ruk is still roaming around if i'm not mistaken, and i don't recall seeing voyager in the story (though that could be a blessing in disguise :wink: ). a sequel might be difficult to write, but it's possible...

although, a conquest story in a different scifi series would still be interesting.
maybe it's just wishful thinking...
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I've only read the beginning and the end, but I enjoyed it. Perhaps Conquest II could deal with the Empire conquering another galaxy, or just taking over the rest of the Milky Way.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Mike's Fanfic inspired me to write the one I'm currently working on. I can only hope to be in the same class as that fanfic. So I say Yeah Mike, if not Conquest II then at least try something else.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

While his fanfic was quite good, I'd personally rather see Mike invest his spare time into the site itself and not into another fanfic.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Fanfics cannot be forced--just like any other piece of writing. Some days you just get the creative bug, and then you write something, and then the next day you couldn't write anything good if your life depended on it. Don't force it, Mike.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

And then there was Issac Asimov, who would write a short story whenever he was bored. OR whenever he had some spare time. Or on a trip. Or directly after writing a different short story. Or between chapters of a novel. Or at any point he had a typewriter infront of him.

He was scary like that.
Lord Ghykon
Redshirt

Post by Lord Ghykon »

I loved the fanfic too! Been so long since I read it. Maybe a sequal could take place after voyager returns to the AQ and we can see Janeway and crew get slaughtered. :D

or maybe the Empire could invade the B5 universe at the height of the Shadow War and take everyone on.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Yeah! Conquest II
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Just out of curiousity, Mike, have you ever pondered writing any original sci-fi? I thought Conquest was excellent, especially for a fanfic.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues