Grounded

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Grounded

Post by Raoul Duke, Jr. »

I hope you guys like this; I'm writing it primarily for fun, but let's see how it turns out.

Grounded

Fan-fiction by Kieran Thorne

"The hunt goes well, my lord." Admiral Lyrein Runn reported. "We have secured the Terran and Vulcan systems against the Neo-Maquis dissidents, and mop-up operations shall be complete within the half-hour."
"Splendid." Darth Taur replied. Runn noted that even via holo, the Sith Lord could drop the temperature in a room. "Inform me as soon as you have apprehended the persons responsible for the destruction of the second Darksaber. And I would advise you, Admiral, to hold tighter rein on your thoughts in the future. I prefer the cold."

Three quarters of an hour later, Runn stood on the bridge of his command, the Imperial Star Destroyer Vanguard. He was deep in discussion with Captain Surt Vel'lor, regarding the subtle difference between proper and improper use of an Imperial lavatory. He leaned toward Captain Vel'lor for emphasis. "Captain, we are deep in unfamiliar territory. This 'Federation' may prove more difficult than Emperor Solo has foreseen. Or it may prove to be as helpless as a mewling infant. It makes no matter. If I hear of one more incident by one of your staff, Captain, your lifeless body will be seen floating in Vanguard's next refuse emission. Do I make myself--"
"Admiral Runn!" A junior officer stood, slack-jawed, at one of the bridge's viewpanes.

Runn's first thought, born of irritation and impatience, was to have the man dragged from the flight deck, beaten and brigged for a duration sufficient to instill self-discipline. Then he saw what the young man was pointing at. Something was approaching. A blazing ball was gliding toward the Vanguard, flickering and shimmering like spaceborne heat-lightning.

"What is that?" Runn snapped. "Why wasn't this reported as soon as it registered on sensors?"

"Sensors read nothing!" cried a tactical officer.

Runn had no intention of sticking around for the answer to this mystery. "Target that object, visually if you have to, and fire." Within seconds, a rain of emerald fire streaked toward the bizarre object, but it was too little, too late. What is going on here? Runn thought, Too fast, this is happening too fast-- Too his horror, he realized that the object wasn't slowing down. In fact, it was accelerating.

The last thing he did, before everything came unglued, was to close his eyes.

(boom)
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

Interesting introduction to the story, and you quote Frank Zappa in your sig, cool!
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

...Interesting...
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Hmmm. Need backgound.
JADAFETWA
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Pretty good.