A Light in the Darkness

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Well? What do you think?

5 - I'll be damned, somebody can actually write!
50%
4 - hey, this is pretty good
25%
3 - not too shabby
No votes
2 - eh, it'll pass
No votes
1 - it sucks!
25%

Total votes: 4

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

A Light in the Darkness

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Many thanks to Stormbringer for the suggestion. Here is the beginning.

A Light in the Darkness
Chapter 1: The Evil Within

He stood in silence, the white snow falling and covering the ground and all upon it. All except the recently disturbed earth. He never expected to be burying his wife. It wouldn't be long before they would be here to take him as well.

The fighting had been going on too long. He knew one day those responsible would pay, but that day was to be long in coming.

Rhian and Thayre stood side by side as they watched the ships take off with the other Jedi. They had been asked to stay behind and keep watch over the children as they had too many times since the war had begun. Thayre had wanted to fight this time, but his heart kept him with Rhian.

"I sense something," she said as she touched his arm.

"As do I." His brow furrowed as they turned back into the building. He thought he heard something as they passed the dining hall. The children had been asleep for hours. There couldn't be anyone there.

Rhian's eyes widened as the Force gave her a vision. "Thayre, the children!" She pulled her lightsaber from her hip and ran towards the barracks. He ran beside her, igniting his own blade as he ran.

The doors had been blasted open. How neither of them heard it was a mystery. The sight inside made Thayre want to retch. All of the children were dead. Most still looked like they were sleeping, but the burn marks on the sheets told them otherwise.

Rhian squeezed the tears from her eyes and pushed aside the images of the children. She ran quickly towards the far doors. Her lightsaber spun in front of her as she blocked a lethal blaster shot. Now knowing where her opponent was, she ran faster.

Thayre felt in his mind her sudden anger. Running quickly in that direction, he passed her. He scanned their minds and discovered they were Hunters running into a ship. He threw his lightsaber in hopes it might damage the ship.

Unfortunately, the ship blasted into the atmosphere, leaving the couple standing in a cloud of smoke.

Rhian cried while Thayre fumed. "How could they," she wondered aloud. "They slaughtered innocent children. What did they ever do to deserve death?"

He wrapped his arms around her. "They did nothing, love. And those Hunters will pay." Deep within him, his anger and outrage fueled the Force. He would become the hunter and track them all down. He would kill them exactly the way they had killed his charges.

Rhian shuddered, unaware of the changes going on within her beloved.
Last edited by Kelly Antilles on 2002-10-21 02:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Good start Kelly!

(say, that title sounds familiar...hmmm...could that mean something) :P
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Stormbringer's Title. After all, it is his idea. I am just putting it on paper.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

:wink: cool.
JADAFETWA
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kelly Antilles wrote:Stormbringer's Title. After all, it is his idea. I am just putting it on paper.
You're doing a lot more than just putting it down on paper. You've condributed at least as much to this as I have.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

That is why your name will always be attached to this story. It is your idea. I'm just expanding it into story form.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I think we're the only ones reading this story.

Chapter two is started. It should be finished in a few days.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Kelly Antilles wrote:I think we're the only ones reading this story.

*raises hand* Ooh, ooh, I'm here! :D
JADAFETWA
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kelly Antilles wrote:I think we're the only ones reading this story.

There have been at least a few people looking at it, check out the views. It's just the bastards won't come out and comment.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

There have been at least a few people looking at it, check out the views. It's just the bastards won't come out and comment.
First time I saw it, and I WANT CHAPTER 2!!!!!!! Lata and Happy Fragging!
Image Image
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
First time I saw it, and I WANT CHAPTER 2!!!!!!! Lata and Happy Fragging!
I've been talking with Kelly and it should be up soon.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Is now good? ;)

A Light in the Darkness
Chapter 2: The Beginning of the End

Thayre stood with Yoda in the courtyard. Several of the Jedi had returned to help bury the students. "Master, I don't know what happened. Neither Rhian nor I sensed anything."

"Somehow masking themselves they were," the diminutive Jedi replied. "Sudden this is. Very sudden."

He nodded his agreement. "I wish to search for them."

Yoda looked up at him, his hands resting on the end of his walking stick. His eyebrow raised as he took in the young Jedi. "Thayre..."

The younger man held up a hand. "Master, I am not seeking revenge. I only wish to know what caused them to commit such an atrocity."

The Jedi Master nodded. "Careful you will be?"

"Yes, of course."

"Beware the Dark side, Thayre. It has taken more of us than we care to remember."

"I will, Master Yoda. Thank you."

Rhian stood looking out the window of her room. She was so broken and frustrated at what had taken place. The Force had not warned her in time. Perhaps her faith was beginning to wane.

"Don't think such thoughts," Thayre said quietly from the doorway.

She spun around to look at him. He was dressed in dark brown trousers and a cobolt blue tunic. The blue made his eyes stand out. "Are you leaving?"

He nodded. "I'll make them pay for what they did." He moved over to wrap his arms around her. This was going to be the last time he got to hold her for a while.

She snuggled against his chest, listening to him breathe. "Please be careful, Thayre. I don't want to lose you."

"You aren't going to. I promise." He kissed the top of her head. "I'll be back. And when I do..." He pulled back to look in her eyes. "Rhian. When I get back, will you become my wife?"

It took a moment for the words to fully effect her. Her eyes slowly widened in shock. "You... your wife? Oh Thayre!" She pulled him close. "Yes! I will marry you."

Thayre smiled as he held her. One piece had fallen into place. Now he had to go extract revenge for the death of his charges. Deep within his heart, a darkness began to swirl and grow.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Hmmmm...nice, although short.
Kelly Antilles wrote:"You aren't going to. I promise." He kissed the top of her head. "I'll be back. And when I do..." He pulled back to look in her eyes. "Rhian. When I get back, will you become my wife?"

It took a moment for the words to fully effect her. Her eyes slowly widened in shock. "You... your wife? Oh Thayre!" She pulled him close. "Yes! I will marry you."
AAAAAAK! Jedi aren't allowed to marry! AU! AU! AU! MUST REBOOT! *bangs head on wall*
JADAFETWA
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

IG-88E wrote:Hmmmm...nice, although short.
Kelly Antilles wrote:"You aren't going to. I promise." He kissed the top of her head. "I'll be back. And when I do..." He pulled back to look in her eyes. "Rhian. When I get back, will you become my wife?"

AAAAAAK! Jedi aren't allowed to marry! AU! AU! AU! MUST REBOOT! *bangs head on wall*
This is set after the Jedi order has more or less collapsed. So there!
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

OK. Must find a way to make it work! Must...find...a way!
JADAFETWA
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

IG-88E wrote:OK. Must find a way to make it work! Must...find...a way!
Huh? :?
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

:wink: :oops: :roll:

I meant, must find a way to make the marriage thing work and flow with canon. If that means making an AU, so be it!
JADAFETWA
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

IG-88E wrote::wink: :oops: :roll:

I meant, must find a way to make the marriage thing work and flow with canon. If that means making an AU, so be it!
It doesn't have to be an AU. It's fits with canon because the jedi order has fallen. they've been broken and aren't really the monastatic order they once were.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Well, I know that NOW......
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I have but one question....

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE CANON?!?!?

It's not like I'm ever going to fucking get published or anything. Sheesh!
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

i'm not saying it has to be canon! I'm just saying: canon is what's been burned into people's brains! I've tried to keep my stories with canon so that they flow better, and the readers are able to fit them into the storyline with a new puzzle piece.

THIS IS NOT A SHOT AGAINST THE STORY, SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT AS ONE!
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I'm not. I am just tired of being blasted for having something ever so slightly out of canon. It's really fucking annoying sometimes. For fuck's sake, I'm surprised I haven't been strung up because I made my character Wedge's LITTLE sister.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE CANON?!?!?
For we have Declared it soo, If Fanfic not be Cannon it must be followed by a Dislcmarior BY ORDER OF THE SURGON GENERAL!

Tread lightly when it comes to non-cannocail storys least you fall into the trap of "Portal-esk"

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

What are you doing here, Bean? *shakes head*

I would hope that I'm a slightly better writer than that idiot. Granted, I do try and stay close to canon, but you have to stray sometimes. If you don't, then there isn't anything to write.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

And besides, nothing we write is canon anyway. So, by your decree, ALL FANFIC MUST HAVE A WARNING THAT IT IS NOT CANON. Fanfic cannot equal canon because that is impossibel.