SW Fanfic: Spirit Station

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

btw, this was written for a halloween challenge a couple of years ago. Amazing how someone who detests horror films can actually write something suspenseful. Shall I go ahead with the next part?
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

uuuggghhh, yeah go ahead.
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Oh, when will the next chapter of D&tL be up?
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I'm currently revising it, so either tonight or tomarrow morning.
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

*sigh*

Spirit Station: Chapter 4

Everyone got back together after spending half a day searching the station. Hobbie's group, which consisted of himself, Garik "Face" Loran, Lara Nostil and Myn Donos, was the only one to not find something weird. Each of the others told what they had found.

Silence loomed as everyone took in what the others had said. They were quite disturbed by what Tycho's group had found and glad that Kelly was ok after her tumble. She had omitted her little talk with the spirits. Right now she wasn't quite sure what she actually had seen.

When the meeting finished, Kelly went off to find an empty room where she could meditate. She easily found one just off the landing bay. Sitting on the floor with just a small lamp, she began her meditation.

"Are you a Jedi," a soft child-like voice spoke from the darkness.

Kelly's eyes snapped open. Was she just hearing things? "Almost," she answered.

A ghostly image of a small girl stepped into the light. She cocked her head and looked at Kelly. "You look like a Jedi."

Kelly smiled softly at the child. "Wow, I've never been told that before. What makes you think I look like a Jedi?"

"You carry the weapon of a Jedi warrior," the girl said pointing to the lightsaber still hanging from Kelly's belt.

She looked down and blushed. "Oh, this. Well?" She didn't know what to tell the child. "I'm not a full Jedi yet."

"Oh."

"What's your name?"

"Miranda."

"That's a pretty name." Kelly paused and thought for a moment. "May I ask you a question?"

Miranda nodded.

"Why is your spirit still here?"

"I can't leave," she said sadly.

"Why?"

She looked confused. Another figure appeared directly behind her and laid a hand on her shoulder. "It's all right Miri," the other ghost said. "She is the one we've been waiting for."

Miranda smiled brightly, "she is? Oh, I'm glad. She is very nice."

The man turned Miranda and shooed her off. "My name is Galen. I used to run this station. Several years ago, my people came here to open a trading station. Sort of a stop over for travelers. Everything was running smoothly until they came."

"Who are 'they'?"

"They are your worst nightmare come true." He paused and sighed, remembering the slaughter. "At first we thought they were here to trade. We had never seen their kind before. At first, they were kind and traded with us. Then suddenly, everything changed. They became blood thirsty and ruthless. Looking back, I believe they planned on taking over from the beginning."

"If they wanted this station, then why didn't they stay?"

"I believe they have only gone to bring their families here."

"How long have you been?" Kelly paused. She was going to say "dead" but that just didn't sound right.

"It's ok," he said as if reading her mind. "I've grown to accept that I'm no longer living."

"I'm sorry. That's none of my business."

"But it is. It's been 100 standard days. I have been wondering what has taken them so long to return."

"Were the ships they traveled in hyperdrive equipped?"

"Yes."

"This is really getting strange. I think I better see what has been found out on the computer."

"Oh, I am sorry about your droid. We put in that failsafe so that our files could not be broken into. He will be alright, it just fried a few of his circuits. You will need to bypass them until you can get him to someone who can repair him."

"So it was your people who booby-trapped the computer systems. Did you also trap the halls?"

"Yes, we did. Since you are the one who is here to help, let me give you the administrative password to get into the computer system. I hope anything there can help you." He then proceeded to give her the login and password she would need to open the entire computer system.

"Thank you," Kelly said sincerely. "I really do hope we can help."

"You will," Galen said as his image began to fade. "This is your destiny."

Kelly walked over to the Pulsar Skate where Wedge was talking to Mirax, Corran and Tycho. Tycho saw her first. "Hey kid, you look like you've seen a ghost."

"I? I do," she stuttered.

"No, not then, but now you do. What's going on," he asked. Wedge and Corran turned to look at her also.

"Well, I did see a ghost. Two to be precise. I've found out a few things. This station is actually haunted by it's previous owners because their spirits cannot leave until they are avenged."

"Then who killed them," asked Corran.

"I'm not sure. Galen didn't tell me any names. It seems these people, or whatever, came here on the premise to trade their goods. He thinks they were planning a takeover to begin with."

"So, did you find out how long they've been dead?"

"Yes. About 100 days. Galen says the creatures left after they slaughtered everyone. They used hyperdrive-equipped ships. I would think they would be back by now."

"This is getting really interesting," says Mirax. "A space station haunted by its previous owners who were brutally murdered by some unknown race who want to take over this station, but not in a hurry."

"That's about it. I may be able to get us some information. They gave me the administration login and password to get into the computer."

"Are you sure about that," asked a cautious Wedge.

Kelly looks at her brother, "Wedge, they said that they were waiting for me. It really sounded like a prophecy. They know I am a Jedi. It feels right."

"Ok," he held his hands up in surrender. "I get the picture. Let's go try that password."

Together, the five pilots went over to where Lara was still trying to get into the system. "Any more luck," asked Wedge as they walked up.

Lara looked up and shook her head. "No sir. This thing is locked up tighter than a Bothan security team."

"Let me see if this will help," Kelly said as she reached over to the keyboard to put in the user name and password. Suddenly the computer flared to life. Libraries flood across the screen. She wrinkles her brow and hits the escape button. The scrolling stopped and gave her a prompt. She typed in a simple command: MENU.

"Bingo," she exclaimed as the station's worker menu popped up on the screen.

"Incredible," mumbled Lara. "How did you know that?"

"Long story. Let's just say I came across the admin password."

Lara nodded and began searching the database.

"Check from about six months ago until about 100 days ago."

Lara did as she was told. Lots of ship data logs scroll across the screen. Nothing really seemed out of place. Then a name crossed the screen that made Kelly cringe. "Wait," she said as she took a closer look. It can't be. But it is. A trader by the name of Hako had come to the station for the first time nearly six months ago. That name meant nothing but fear to Kelly.

Hako had been someone she had dealt with a long time ago. Even before she joined the Rebellion. He was a trader all right. A trader of illegal goods. Dangerous illegal goods. She thought she had remembered that his ancestors also worked with the Sith during the Clone War. This was not good. Not good at all.

"Look at that name," she said as she pointed to the screen. "Ring any bells?"

Mirax and Corran looked over and both grew pale. "There's no way," Mirax said. "He should be dead by now."

"Hako, the one man ever to defy my father and live. And that's only because he was smart enough to run and run fast." Corran shook his head sadly. "If it really is him, then we're in big trouble."

Kelly looked at Corran, "How much history do you know of Hako's family?"

"Quite a bit, actually. Why?"

"Wasn't it his family who started the Droid Wars on Naboo before the Clone Wars?"

"Yes, I think it was."

"Uh-oh."

"'Uh-oh' what," asked Wedge.

"Well, maybe it wasn't humanoids who killed these people. Maybe it was droids."

"But why would droids cut people up and put them in a barrel," asked Tycho.

Kelly shrugged. "Maybe they were programmed to do that."

Corran nodded, "That's entirely possible. They were known to be extremely ruthless and expert droid builders. Anything like that would be able and also likely to program a droid to be malicious."

"Then why haven't they come back yet?"

"Maybe they are building enough droids to run this place."

"Or programming them," added Mirax.

"Which ever is right, we need to get this place up and fortified soon."

"Agreed," Wedge said. "Ok, get everyone to work on sealing up the landing bay. Kelly, you and Lara see what you can do with the computer system. See if you can get this station up and running. Also, get a check on the weapons emplacements and shielding for this place."

Everyone nodded and went on about their assignments.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Rune Hako and the Trade Federation?!?!?!?!?!!?

Whoa, that's a plot twist.
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

oh, what the fuck...

Spirit Station: Finale

"Did you say something," Cubber Daine asked Koyi, the other mechanic. They had been working on one of the weapons banks which was damaged. Things weren't going as planned.

"No," Koyi replied. "I thought you said something."

A ghostly figure appeared beside Cubber. "I said it."

Both mechanics jumped. They had been warned about the ghosts, but didn't think anything of it. They hadn't seen anything, until now. "Wh? what did you say," asked Cubber.

"I said that you should reroute the power through that other converter. This one is too heavily damaged."

Koyi looked at the converter. The ghost was right. The circuits were fried. "How did you know that?"

The ghost smiled, "I used to be the weapons mechanic. Of course I know my equipment."

Cubber smiled and tried to slap the ghost on the back, but his arm went through him. Startled, Cubber looked back at the ghost then smiled again. "Ok kid. You're hired. We need to get these things up and running quickly so that you and your station mates can be free to go to your final resting place."

"You got it, boss." The ghost gleefully began pointing out everything wrong. With his help, the repairs went by quickly.

Inyri Forge sat at the comm station on the bridge bored. For five days she had sat there listening to nothing. Her luck was about to change. She wasn't sure exactly what she had heard, but then her computer started blaring at her. She punched up the translator and got the response she was expecting. "Commander," she said turning to face Wedge. "We've got something."

Wedge walked over to Inyri's side and looked at her computer. The screen told him exactly what he was expecting. A group of about fifty ships were headed this way. The signature they were giving off was definitely those of droid ships. He couldn't tell how many were fighters or transports, but he knew they were in for the fight of their lives. "Sound the alarm, Forge," he said. He turned and walked back to the captain's seat to watch for the incoming ships.

Kelly jumped when the lights started flashing. So this is it, she thought. Quickly she typed into the computer the password to bring up the shields. The world outside the viewport shimmered as the cloaking device kicked in and covered the station. Beside her, Lara was charging up the weapons array. They both knew they couldn't fire while the cloak was up, but they wanted to be ready to fire as soon as they shut it down.

Elsewhere in the station, all other members of Rogue and Wraith Squadron prepared their ships for takeoff. The moment the shield dropped, they were to sweep out and start their attack.

Back on the bridge, Wedge sat nervously in the captain's chair. Mirax noticed his uneasiness. She was there to help coordinate the attack. "How many are there," she asked.

Wedge wrinkled his brow. "I don't know. It looks like about fifty ships, but they may be hiding some." He looked out the viewport then down to his computer screen. Punching a few buttons brought his view to maximum magnification. The ships were magnificent constructs. In front were about twenty-four fighters followed by several troop transports that seemed to be surrounding some personal yachts. Behind them all were two dozen more fighters. He frowned slightly at the numbers. They were outgunned, but hopefully not outmatched. "Get ready," he said into the ship's comm.

"Sir, they're hailing us." Inyri looked confused at the message she was receiving.

"Put it on the speaker," Wedge responded.

"Station 1138, this is Emperor Hako of the Trade Federation. We know you are there. It is useless to resist. Surrender now or be destroyed."

"So it's Emperor now," Mirax said sarcastically. "How original."

"Sir, do you wish to reply," asked Inyri.

Wedge thought this through. Hako knew someone was on board, but did he know how many? Best to draw him out.

"I am loosing patience, Station 1138. We will destroy you."

"Now, Forge," Wedge said quietly.

Inyri nodded and switched the comm control to Wedge's computer. He switched the comm on and began to speak. "Very well, Emperor Hako. Though perhaps talking would be a better alternative to death. Don't you think?"

A door behind Wedge slid open to allow Kelly onto the bridge. She quietly went to stand beside Mirax. "Is it Hako," she asked.

Mirax just nodded.

"A better alternative for you, perhaps," Hako said annoyed with being questioned. "I will not be the one dying. This is our station. Leave immediately."

"I'm sorry, but I just don't see your name written anywhere on this station," Wedge replied. "If you had really wanted to keep it, you would have left someone behind to watch it while you were gone. Derelict stations such as this go for a pretty credit these days."

There was silence on the other end. Kelly could feel the anger coming from Hako. She shivered at the fierceness of the hate. Stretching out with the Force, she scanned to see what they were up against. There were about a dozen life forms she could detect. All were the same race as Hako. She was blind to the rest, but her eyes saw the ships as they came closer. She moved to whisper to her brother. "There are about twelve humanoids. None are pilots, just droids. The humanoids are centralized in the middle of that junk heap out there."

Wedge nodded. He had figured that out already, but it was nice to know that there were some minds out there controlling the droids other than Hako. "Well," he said since Hako still hadn't responded. "Are you prepared to pay my price for this station?"

"I will pay no price for something I already own!"

"I don't think so. You took this place by force. You killed hundreds of innocent people to gain this station. Why is it so important to you?"

"Why should I tell you, human? You would not understand anyway. Your puny brain would explode with my reason."

"How about I tell you what I think is your reason."

"Ha! Like you know. Go ahead and amuse me. I could use a good laugh."

Wedge grinned. He had Hako where he wanted him. He just hoped what he was about to say wouldn't backfire.

Mirax looked at the droid ships and noticed some missing. A group of about twelve fighters from the back were stealthily making their way around to the rear of the station. She tapped Kelly on the shoulder and showed her. Kelly in turn went to tell Wedge, but stopped short. No need to distract him. She instead went to the fire controls station.

"Well," began Wedge. "I think you plan to use this station as a stepping block to gaining even more systems as you head towards the core. The core is where the money is. You probably think you can get enough systems by the time you get there to overthrow the New Republic and take control of Coruscant. That way you can regain your family's seat in the Senate and take over the government."

Silence loomed again on the other end. It seemed Wedge had hit the mark. He grinned to himself and then felt the station shudder. "What the hell was that," he asked Inyri.

Kelly grimaced as she quickly dropped the rear shields in order to fire at the flight of fighters behind them. "They sent some ships to take us from behind. Hang on, I'm going to try and take out as many as I can." She hit the firing button for the rear weapons and the station shuddered again.

Wedge watched his scope. The beams struck several of the ships, but they were well armored and it didn't destroy them. "Damnit. Launch the fighters. Have them deal with those first. I'm still going to try and talk Hako out of this attack."

Kelly nodded as she sent the launch signal to the Rogues and Wraiths.

Tycho looked at the opposition and grimaced. At least he wasn't going after human pilots. "Ok, pair up. Rogue Eleven you're with me. Rogue Eight and Wraith Eight you're together."

Eighteen X-Wing fighters emerged from the station and engaged the enemy. Kelly watched with anticipation. She really wished she was out there helping them, but she was the one who knew the station's computer system. She had to stay here. They outnumbered the droid fighters, but could their ships stand up to the pounding they were about to receive. She prayed they would.

Wedge's voice bearly registered in her thoughts. "Kelly, can they scan and tell that we've just launched all our support?"

It took her a moment to reply. Her thoughts were focused on the ships. "No, I've blocked all their scanners," she finally said.

Seeing her concentration made Wedge even more tense. He always hated when she was worried. She was apt to do something drastic. A shimmer beside her caught his attention. There was a ghostly image of a small girl carrying a teddy bear standing next to her. The girl reached out and touched Kelly on the elbow.

Kelly jumped when she felt the flow of the Force through her body. She looked down and saw Miranda standing beside her. "Miri," she said questioningly.

The small girl smiled up at her and said, "Yes, that's right. I was training to be a Jedi. My mom was one. I want to help you. Together, you and I can destroy the droid ships."

"But how?"

"Now is not the time for questions. Just close your eyes and concentrate. I'll show you."

Kelly took Miranda's hands in hers, closed her eyes and was amazed at what she saw.

Mirax watched curiously. "What are they doing, Wedge?"

"Don't ask me," he responded. He was just as confused as she was.

Suddenly, Kelly spoke, "Tell Tycho to aim for the rear engines. They have a weak spot. It's their best bet."

Mirax quickly relayed this information to the pilots.

"How can you tell," asked Garik "Face" Loran, Wraith One.

"Don't ask questions, Face," she replied. "Just do it."

Runt was the first to get on an enemy tail. He shot one proton missile towards the rear engines and was immediately rewarded with a huge explosion. "My R2 unit will send you the location of the weakness," he said over the comm.

Wedge heard an odd noise behind him and turned to find Inyri pointing towards Hako's other ships. "Look sir," she said. "It's as if they are falling apart!"

Sure enough, one of the troop transport ships looked as if it was coming apart at the seams. Piece after piece of metal was ripped off and within a few moments, the engine was breached. The resulting explosion took out about six of the fighters that were near it. "That should even the odds a bit," Wedge said as he looked back to where his pilots were fighting.

In that short time, the Rogues and Wraiths had nearly wiped out all their enemies. There were some ships that had been damaged, but none severely.

"There goes another one," Inyri said as she watched another of the transports split apart and explode. Even more fighters were in the wake this time.

Wedge looked at his sister. The little girl had almost disappeared completely. He could only imagine what was happening with them. He turned back to the front when he heard a crackle over the main comm.

"STOP," yelled Hako. "Whatever sorcery you are using, cease and desist."

"Come now, Hako," Wedge said. "Fair is fair. You slaughtered human lives. All we're doing is making scrap metal."

Hako growled, "You are a worthy adversary. We will leave if you will stop breaking my ships apart."

Kelly took a deep breath. "I'm finished," she said as she sat heavily in the closest chair. The ghostly image of Miranda was nowhere to be seen.

Wedge looked back out at Hako's ships. He was left with his three yachts, two troop transports, one in very bad shape, and about half a dozen fighters. "Ok, there you go. Now leave an don't try this again."

"You win human, this time. Next time you will not be so lucky."

"Who says there's going be a next time." Wedge knew he was baiting him, but he had to keep up the charade.

"The Trade Federation will soon be a powerhouse again. Mark my words. I ask only one thing of you before I leave."

"And what is that?"

"I wish to know who it is I have to return and kill."

Wedge shrugs. Why not, he thought. "The name is Antilles. Wedge Antilles."

"Curse you, Wedge Antilles. Until we meet again!" Hako's ships became mere pinpoints in the sky as they went into hyperspace.

Wedge exhaled and flopped back into his seat. He glanced over and saw his sister looking at him with a smile on her face. "We did it," she said.

"No, you did it," he replied. "Without that little trick to make the ships blow apart, we would have been run over by Hako's droids."

"Actually, the ships didn't blow apart. I made everyone think they had. All I really did was disable their communications with the other ships so it looked to their scopes that they had been destroyed."

Wedge just shook his head. "Incredible." She was amazing. He could hardly believe sometimes that they were related. He couldn't understand the gift she had been given at birth that he didn't have. That aside, he loved her with all his heart.

Something caught Kelly's eye and she looked up to see Galen standing nearby. "Thank you, Jedi Antilles," he said to her.

"I'm not a Jedi yet, Galen," she replied blushing. "It was really Miri who should be thanked. She gave me the ideas."

There was a shimmering before Galen and Miranda appeared. He laid his hands on her shoulders. "Yes, my daughter did help, but you are to be commended just the same."

Miranda smiled. "Thanks for letting me help, Kelly. You're going to be a really great Jedi one day."

"I'm glad you think so, Miri," Kelly replied. "I'm just happy that now you may go rest."

"Yes," Galen says. "And now we must leave." His image turned and saluted Wedge. "Commander Antilles, this is your station now. Take good care of it."

Wedge returned the salute. "I'll do my best, sir."

Galen then turned back to Kelly. "Good luck."

"May the Force be with you," said Kelly as the images faded.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Cool! LOL, the TF gets their asses handed to them by dead people! I love it!
JADAFETWA
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Awww sappy love story :D

Heh no offense Kelly but it is a bit of a self gratification series,

Oh won't the Brave Wedge Antilles come sweep you off your feet? 8)

Well I won't make fun just chuckle a bit prehaps and referam from crticisim your writing(Oh no I won't, thanks but I prefer integrity, your charaters are underdevolpled they run contrary to established precidents, the plot makes little to no sense, its vauge, mis-directed and overall I give it C at best though thats only because I'n going easy on you, at best its realy C-

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton