Page 1 of 1
Posted: 2004-02-02 01:40pm
The Writer's Guild is a private forum where writers can get together and bandy about ideas, critique each other's work and generally ask for advice from other writers.
Red Imperator is the mod of the forum. In order to gain acess please PM Red Imperator and provide him with a sample of your writing or a link to some of your work. Voting among the members will take place and you will be informed if you have been accepted.
Any other questions concerning the forum's policy should be directed to Red.
Re: Writer's Guild
Posted: 2009-01-31 06:16pm
This is a repost from the House of Commons thread:
The Writers' Guild is again accepting new membership applications. The new requirements for applications are thus:
- Applicant must have been a member of SDnet for at least four months. No specific postcount requirements, but must be active enough to allow determination of item 2.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing, as determined by the Guild moderators (i.e. Edi & RedImperator).
- Applicant must be serious about writing. The WG is not just a super-secret fanfic forum where spongers get to see tidbits earlier while giving nothing themselves. "But I want to see what's going on!" is not a valid reason for membership. More details related to this will be covered by the rules of the Guild once applicant is granted entry.
- If the applicant is not known to group moderators (i.e. Edi and RedImperator) on the board, he/she must provide a short introduction and relevant information so they can make an informed decision.
- Exceptions will be handled on a case by case basis, but the threshold for exceptions is higher than regular entry requirements. For example, exceptional participation in the fanfic forum, such as posting high quality fanfic to begin with would qualify a person for Guild membership even without item 1 or item 4 and would also cover item 3 at the same time.
So you can start sending in applications if you aren't in already. If you need to PM anyone about them later, send those PM's to me, as Red is around less frequently. Both of us deal with any issues arising from the application process, but I'm probably more accessible at this time. If there are any thorny issues, we will likely consult each other instead of making unilateral decisions, in which case resolution may take some time. I expect that some of the questions falling into this category would be disputes related to requirement #2.
One additional point: When you apply, please do so from the user groups portion of your user control panel. That way all that I or Red need to do is tick a box, set action to "Add member" and submit, instead of needing to manually add the user. If more information is required, we'll ask for details by PM.