Idea help

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Idea help

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I'm having major writer's block. I just can't seem to find any ideas. I have the need to write, but nothing to write about. Help!
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

I have an idea and sort of storyline for a shorter fic. I'll sketch out the basic premise. It's set some where between Ep 3 and ANH.
Last edited by Stormbringer on 2002-10-16 07:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Idea help

Post by Enlightenment »

Kelly Antilles wrote:I'm having major writer's block. I just can't seem to find any ideas. I have the need to write, but nothing to write about. Help!
There's been a trainload of threads on this topic over in rec.arts.sf.composition (SF writing newsgroup). Fire up your newsreader or goto groups.google.com and go have a look.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Thats not an idea thats a Script!

Ideas look like

Somthing with Wookies :D

The whimsical tale of the Jawa who would be King :P

Somthing from the Sith Era

Similar to Strom's post but instead telling the story of the Record's Keeper that tried to hide out on that Ice-World who's name I forget in COPL

Somthing...Nay anything invovling Wes

THOSE are ideas 8)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Ok so it's a bit long winded. It was originally a fic I considered writing myself but I don't really have the inclination to start another fic that probably wouldn't get finished.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

How about another 'origin' story? Like Hobbie's or Wes'? Those are good.
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Been there, done that, IG, or have you forgotten?

Have you read the Wes story that is total angst?
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Yes. *shudder*

Oooookay then, what about a Rebel Commando story?
JADAFETWA
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Possible idea Kelly, in ep. II there were a bunch of small children ages around5 to10. What happened to all these children after the purge? Did the emperor kill them all or maybe did one or two escape. After 20 or so years after escaping the jedi purge what would one or two younglings do with their fledgling abilities and minute training in the force.

Just an idea.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Kelly Antilles wrote:I'm having major writer's block. I just can't seem to find any ideas. I have the need to write, but nothing to write about. Help!
Take a few days off of writing. When I can't think of anything, I just don't even think about it for a day or two. I go out and see a movie, or watch television, and when I come back I am ready to write, again. In the mean time, if I get any REALLY good ideas, I just jot them down on a notepad so I won't forget. Then I can easily go back and finish do something else.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Take a few days off of writing. When I can't think of anything, I just don't even think about it for a day or two. I go out and see a movie, or watch television, and when I come back I am ready to write, again. In the mean time, if I get any REALLY good ideas, I just jot them down on a notepad so I won't forget. Then I can easily go back and finish do something else.
She's taken up my idea. :D Or at least for now.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Do something silly. Spike joins Rogue Squadron or something.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Any word on when we're going to see it Kelly?
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I don't usually write much on weekends. In fact, that CB fic I hacked out in about 15 minutes. This is going to take a little bit longer. I may have the first chapter out today, though. :)
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kelly Antilles wrote:I don't usually write much on weekends. In fact, that CB fic I hacked out in about 15 minutes. This is going to take a little bit longer. I may have the first chapter out today, though. :)
cool. In case you can't tell I'm eagerly awaiting it.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kelly, you and I ought to work together again sometime.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I would love to, Stormbringer. You have such great ideas. :)
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kelly Antilles wrote:I would love to, Stormbringer. You have such great ideas. :)
Why thank you. I try. If I get another good one you'll be the first one I tell.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Kelly, I've got an idea for Shaana's training once CBE is finished. I'm planning to write other stories about Souran and Lora, and I'd like to make her at least a supporting character. Could I have your permission?
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

depends on your plan. PM or email it to me and I'll let you know.
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

How about "the feds build a supercomputer to predict and simulate possible threats to the Federation. The Fic details the simulated invasion force (AKA the empire), and they conquer Earth in a 3 day campaign. The simulation is terminated, and an Admiral informs the computer it can end the simulation, when the computer replies that it was never active...
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I'm not very good at ST/SW crossovers.