CB Fanfic: Nightmares

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

CB Fanfic: Nightmares

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Just a little thing I wrote after Pierrot le Fou. Damn episode freaked me out!

Author's note: The episode, Session #20: Pierrot le Fou, has to be the most disturbing episode I've seen. Granted, it is a homage to the great Batman animation, it's still spooky. And because of that, it spawned this story. It's a beginning, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I'd appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

Disclaimer: Bandai/Sunrise own Cowboy Bebop, not me.

Nightmares

Spike Spiegel ran through the city as if his life depended on it. He risked a glance back. Yes, it was still following him. He jumped through a window and cut across a warehouse floor to the other side. Pushing the door open, he skid out into the alley.

It was still pursuing him. He could hear the thump of its feet against the pavement. He was going to die if he couldn't stop it. Rounding the next corner, he waited for a moment before pointing his gun down the alley and unloading it.

Nothing could stand up to that, he thought. He waited a few breaths more before turning the corner to check.

A shadow fell over him. He looked up, and up, and up. The mechanical creature bore a maniacal grin. Its made up face and bulbous red nose looked down upon him. "Surprise, Spike," the giant clown said.

Spike sat up quickly, his body drenched in sweat. He looked around the room, saw nothing but his things, and sighed deeply. It wasn't the first time he'd awakened from this nightmare. Ever since the incident with the maniac Pierrot, they happened every night.

Subconsciously, he rubbed his shoulder. The wound had healed, but he could still almost feel the bullet as it passed through. If Faye hadn't been there...

He shook the preposterous thought from his head, his sweat soaked hair flying wildly. "Damn, if I'm going to sweat, I'd rather be doing something." He pushed himself from the bed and silently padded to his makeshift dojo.

He liked this room the most aboard the Bebop. It had several windows where one could see the stars. He looked out at the speckles in the sky. "Flow like water," he said his mantra softly and began his workout slowly.

Faye found herself awake. She lay in bed wondering what exactly woke her up. If she held her breath and didn't move, she could hear Ein panting. "That's not Ein," she said suddenly as she sat up. She looked over to see the Welsh Corgi lying at the foot of her bed sound asleep.

Then who is panting? A smirk crossed her face. "I bet it's Spike. He's probably dreaming about some sexual fantasy." She grinned and slid from the bed.

She moved catlike down the hall towards his room. The sound of labored breathing coming from another room caught her attention. Changing her course, the peeked in the doorway.

Spike was moving fluidly across the floor, his legs and arms performing a martial art dance. Faye had to admit that he was quite in shape. His chest was a bit puny and he was too tall, but he wasn't that bad.

He felt her presence and smiled. After executing a few kicks, he finished facing the window and opened his eyes.

Faye nearly hit the ceiling when he screamed. One moment he was kicking into the air, the next, he was huddled in the corner almost... afraid.

The scream woke Jet from his peaceful sleep. Grabbing his gun from his bedside table, he ran into the hallway. He saw the woman huddled in the doorway of Spike's gym. Moving to her, he pushed his way inside.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING," she cried as she pointed at the crouched figure.

Jet's eyes widened when he saw his partner. Spike was sitting in the corner, his arms wrapped around his legs, rocking back and forth slightly and mumbling to himself. "Spike! Spike, what is it?"

A long spindly arm pointed towards the window. Jet looked up and saw Faye's reflection. Her hair was pulled back with a tie and she had a masque on her face. He waited for Spike to say something, anything.

His hand shook as he pointed. "Cl.... clown."
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Whoa! Spike's scream even scared ME! That's great writing, Kel, and the personalities are perfect.
JADAFETWA
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Freaky. That was a damn cool episode, and this was an interesting followup.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.