40K/ST fanfic: Dramatis Personae (cast)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

40K/ST fanfic: Dramatis Personae (cast)

Post by 2000AD »

Dramatis personae

The Inquisition:

Inquisitor Haarus:
When the young Haarus joined the Inquisition with a name closely resembling that of the Great Traitor's there was only one possible faction that he would follow. Haarus quickly joined the radical Xanthite faction and within two decades was using forbidden alien technology to combat the enemies of the Imperium. Unlike most Xanthites Haarus had little psychic potential, but at the age of 124 took on an apprentice, Duran Thaw, a psychic prodigy. The apprenticeship was short lived however, as after just 3 years Duran suffered mortal injuries when the duo attempted to bind a demon to a host. With the original host dead and the demon about to flee back to the Warp Haarus acted quickly and bound the demon to the wounded Thaw. Haarus and the demon have crushed many enemies of mankind during the last hundred years, and just recently Haarus has taken on the young Inquisitor Davisonas as his new apprentice.

Inquisitor Davisonas:
At only 48 years of age Davisonas is young for an inquisitor. Davisonas joined the Xanthite faction after witnessing the power of Durran Thaw, the demon host under Inquisitor Haarus' control, and soon joined Haarus as his apprentice. A natural psyker, he is adept at telekinesis and is learning the art of pyromancy form Thaw.

Inquisitor Shepperd:
A member of the Mono-dominant faction, Inquisitor Shepperd has brought over 1000 heretics, aliens, witches, warlocks and mutants to (swift) justice in his 264 years as an inquisitor. The fire of belief burns like a nova in his soul and many say that Shepperd knows the Word of the Emperor more than any member of the Ecclesiarchy. Shepperd is also fond of Trial by Ordeal, his favourite being the trial by blade. Many heretics have died under his own blade after they failed to keep aloft the Blade of Justice as their charges were read to them. Recently Shepperd has been keeping a close eye on the radical Inquisitor Haarus, who Shepperd suspects of heresy.

Inquisitor Thadeus:
A member of the Amathalian movement, Thadeus likes to keep the delicate balance that holds the Imperium together. As an Amathalian Thadeus is well versed in diplomacy, but as an inquisitor he can easily justify using any methods necessary to keep the balance if diplomacy is not an option. Thadeus recently celebrated his 200th year as an inquisitor by rooting out and destroying his 50th Chaos cult.

Cohorts of the Inquisition:

Duran Thaw:
Duran Thaw was once an inquisitor with a very good career ahead of him, as well as the prospect of being a masterful psyker. However during an ill-fated attempt to bind a demon, along with Inquisitor Haarus, Duran Thaw ceased to exist. In his place was a demon that took everything of Thaw’s. Mind, body and soul. The demon even took his name as it’s own was unpronounceable. The demon raged but finally Haarus managed to finish the ceremony and bound the demon into Thaw’s body. Forced to obey Haarus’ every command the demon now known as Duran Thaw has helped Haarus to crush many enemies of the Imperium. A master of the pyromantic and biomantic psychic arts, and with demonic strength, Duran Thaw is a fearsome opponent to face.

Captain Corvus Coronix:
A space marine and a member of the Deathwatch, Coronix was assigned to Inquisitor Shepperd to help him in his fight against alien heretics. Coronix was first recruited to the Deathwatch after his valiant defence of Ichar IV’s capital against Tyranid invasion while still with the Raven Guard. In the Deathwatch Coronix quickly rose to the rank of captain and was assigned his own kill team. But after a disastrous mission intended to gain more knowledge of the elusive Necrons which only he survived he was re-assigned to Inquisitor Shepperd.

Devotee Arminius:
A fanatical leader of a redemptionist cult on Necremunda, Arminius had considerable respect and wealth in the underhive of the capital Hive Primus. But after he was caught having sexual intercourse with various farm animals, he lost it all. Gathering his cult around him he offered his services to an inquisitor who was hunting down heretics in the underhive. This inquisitor happened to be Inquisitor Shepperd, a fanatical mono-dominant, who immediately saw the usefulness of a band of followers who would follow his word unquestionably and completely: bullet shields.

Imperial Navy:

Admiral Frank von Helbrecht:
A decorated admiral from the Gothic War, von Helbrecht has served the Imperium for many years, and is especially praised for his expertise with Nova Cannon tactics. His flagship is the Retribution class Battleship the Emperor's Guiding Light.

Captain Jadeite:
Captain of the Mars class cruiser For Whom the Holy Bells Toll

Captain Starfury:
Captain of the Mars class cruiser Justice for All

Captain Griffith:
Captain of Lunar class cruiser Wolf & Man

Imperium Military:

Imperial Guard General the Right Honourable Cyril Cecil Hogmanay Boldren Holt the XIV:
A member of the royal family of the planet Luxor, Cyril Holt gained his rank purely because of his connections. However he was soon proved to actually be good at commanding men into battle (being able to command them after the battle is another thing entirely) and managed to hold onto his rank after a string of victories against the pygmy aliens of Mboto Gorge Nebula.

Titan Princeps Septimus Vympellus:
A decorated Warlord Titan Princeps of many campaigns. Commands the Titan Imperius Infernus.

Federation Starfleet:

Captain G. Kennedy:
Captain of the USS Unreliant. A fanatical Federation supporter, so much does he adhere to the prime directive that he once let two alien races decimate each other and the surrounding planets rather than help mediate a peace between them when they asked.

Captain Timothy Jones:
Captain of the USS Robin Reliant. At the starfleet academy Jones would have totally flunked if it wasn’t for his extensive knowledge of philosophy, ancient history and ancient languages.

Captain R. S. Anderson:
Captain of the USS Darkstar. Known for his willingness to battle on to the very end. This has won some battles but has also lost him numerous crewmembers and his previous command, the USS Guardian.

Captain A. J. Talon:
Captain of the USS Claw. When he first came out of the academy Talon was another fanatical Starfleet officer. However after seeing what the federation did to the Maquis, he has long since changed his views. After the almost complete annihilation of the Maquis during the Dominion War Talon has helped them anyway he can, and has almost been court marshalled after he narrowly missed capturing a Maquis vessel.
Last edited by 2000AD on 2002-09-28 04:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Post by Admiral Griffith »

Thanks for adding me. Just wondering, what kinda armament does a Lunar-Class Cruiser have? I'm guessing BIG guns like I wanted, but exactly what kind of ship I'm dealing with here?
It is not well for one to trifle in the affairs of the ancient Chinese generals, for they have a tendency to send armies of tens of thousands of warriors after those who challenge them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Lunar class:

With big guns and all the other mean stuff you've always dreamed of.

Retribution class:
My favorite BFG ship.
Last edited by Cpt_Frank on 2002-09-28 04:12pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supermod
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Where are the marines?
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

That isnt a Lunar class cruiser thats an Imperial Battleshhip
Black Mage,

Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Lunar pic didn't work on my machine. Have another one?
It is not well for one to trifle in the affairs of the ancient Chinese generals, for they have a tendency to send armies of tens of thousands of warriors after those who challenge them.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

And that's why it's labeled Retribution class BS.
The Lunar doesn't work
Supermod
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

What do Mars Class look like?
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Does the picture of the Lunar work? The mars looks very similar, it only has a slightly different weapons configuration.
Supermod
Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Cpt_Frank wrote:Does the picture of the Lunar work? The mars looks very similar, it only has a slightly different weapons configuration.
I already said it didn't work.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I had put up another one which didn't work either apparently.

EDIT:
Now it works. Those pics are awfully big but since here seem to be many people who don't know about Imperial ships I'll leave them up.
Supermod
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Typhonis 1 wrote:Where are the marines?
Doh!

Also, since Captain Zod has been revealed as GAT in disguise shall i take him out of the fic?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Just replace him with Graham Kennedy.
Supermod
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Excellent....
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Good idea. Zod is now Kennedy
Hammerman! Hammer!
Admiral Griffith
Youngling

I LOVE MY SHIP! THANK YOU 2000AD!
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Please visit here to vote on how Arminius should die:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=3167
Hammerman! Hammer!
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: 40K/ST fanfic: Dramatis Personae (cast)

Post by Eleas »

2000AD wrote:Dramatis personae
Uh, this is gonna sound a tad whiny, but where am I?
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Several persons where forgotten (mostly space marines and guardsmen) so don't worry.
Supermod
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

Can I be in it?
Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Too late.
Supermod
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Several persons where forgotten (mostly space marines and guardsmen) so don't worry.
HA! The Space Marines feel no worry because we are worry incarnate!
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Eleas the quote is Marines feel no fear for they are fear incarnate....that is quoted from the primarch of the Night Lords chapter...
Black Mage,

Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Typhonis 1 wrote:Eleas the quote is Marines feel no fear for they are fear incarnate....that is quoted from the primarch of the Night Lords chapter...
I know.

:wink:
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Hey 2000ad can my character kill Worf?
Black Mage,