I need some help for my Honorverse vs ST Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

I need some help for my Honorverse vs ST Fanfic

Post by Stormbringer »

I'm writing a Star Trek vs Star Kingdom of Manticore fanfic. It'll be a while as I'm just starting the actual writing. I need help with two things from those more knowledgeable about trek.

First of all I need some reccomendations for Starfleet shipnames and their class.

Second of all, I need the names of a few Starfleet Admirals and their histories.

Thanks in advance.

And if anyone wants there name in it I'll try to accomdate you. Just let me know what name and the rough role you want.
Last edited by Stormbringer on 2002-09-21 12:38am, edited 1 time in total.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: I need somee help for my Honorverse vs ST Fanfic

Post by Eleas »

Stormbringer wrote:I'm writing a Star Trek vs Star Kingdom of Manticore fanfic. It'll be a while as I'm just starting the actual writing. I need help with two things from those more knowledgeable about trek.

First of all I need some reccomendations for Starfleet shipnames and their class.
"Fictional"? Well, if so...
USS Serenity - Galaxy class Starship
USS Resolution - Sovereign class Starship
USS Pretoria - Akira class Starship
USS Kanji - Nebula class Starship
USS Petersburg - Nebula class Starship
USS Manticore - Galaxy class Starship (war retrofit)
USS Samhain - Norway class Starship
Second of all, I need the names of a few Starfleet Admirals and their histories.
Made-up or Trek canon?
Thanks in advance.

And if anyone wants there name in it I'll try to accomdate you. Just let me know what name and the rough role you want.
I think I'd like to be a second in command to some cool Manticoran navy captain. I loved On Basilisk Station, so... :)
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Eleas wrote:Made-up or Trek canon?
Trek Canon or at least some one from the trek novels.
Eleas wrote:I think I'd like to be a second in command to some cool Manticoran navy captain. I loved On Basilisk Station, so...
Sure, what name do you want me to use for you?

And thanks for the ship names. They'll be a big help.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Stormbringer wrote:
Eleas wrote:Made-up or Trek canon?
Trek Canon or at least some one from the trek novels.
Admiral Elena Nechayev
A harsh attitude and a willingness to get things done. She's something of a bureaucrat, and rather inflexible. Thus, she doesn't get on well with Picard or Sisko, if at all. She has a lot of pull, though.

Admiral Hayes
Might be dead. His ship was destroyed in the defense of Earth by First Contact. In any event, it appears he is or was a friend of Picard. Rated to lead the defense of Earth, which in any sane organisation would imply significant tactical ability.

Admiral Edward Jellico
Authoritarian, disciplined. Jellico is less hostile than Nechayev, and did manage to win the respect of the E-d's crew. A hard man, and likely a formidable enemy.

Admiral Marcus Holt
I don't know much about this guy, except, well, he's an admiral.

Admiral Owen Paris
Father of Tom Paris, reckless helmboy of Voyager. Took a dim view of his son being a criminal. Pretty strict.

Admiral Satie
I haven't seen the episode where she was featured, but in transcripts, this woman seemed a right bitch.

Admiral Haden
Very little is known to me about this person.

Admiral Janeway
Horror and woe. Terror and defilement. Death be a mercy.
Eleas wrote:I think I'd like to be a second in command to some cool Manticoran navy captain. I loved On Basilisk Station, so...
Sure, what name do you want me to use for you?
Why not? Does Björn Paulsen work? 8)
And thanks for the ship names. They'll be a big help.

No prob. Though I realize USS Manticore perhaps doesn't work for this story. If that's so, I have another name: the USS Fulcrum.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Eleas wrote:Why not? Does Björn Paulsen work?
It works just fine. Instead of an XO, I think I'm going to make you a flag captain. I've been in need of one and that'll do nicely.

Eleas wrote:]No prob. Though I realize USS Manticore perhaps doesn't work for this story. If that's so, I have another name: the USS Fulcrum.
No, Manticore wouldn't. But the rest will work just fine. Feel free to send anymore that you think of. I'll need quite a few of them.

Thanks for the admirals list. That'll be a real big help too.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Stormbringer wrote:
Eleas wrote:Why not? Does Björn Paulsen work?
It works just fine. Instead of an XO, I think I'm going to make you a flag captain. I've been in need of one and that'll do nicely.
W00T! Thank you most humbly.
Eleas wrote:]No prob. Though I realize USS Manticore perhaps doesn't work for this story. If that's so, I have another name: the USS Fulcrum.
No, Manticore wouldn't. But the rest will work just fine. Feel free to send anymore that you think of. I'll need quite a few of them.[/quote]

I will.
Thanks for the admirals list. That'll be a real big help too.
That was the hard part. :) Just enter the names into Google and you'll get everything from info to pictures.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Coalition
Jedi Master

Manticore/Peep Ships

Post by Coalition »

About when will the crossover occur? Before the first Manty/Peep war, during the first war, in the 3 year truce between, the second war, or the afterwards?

Hope its during the last part of the first war, or afterwards. Love to see a Fed Captain face a Medusa class SD in combat. Medusa class rolls popds out the back hatch, and fires a 100 missile volley at the Enterprise from over a light minute away. Missiles are accelerating at 48,000 Gs the entire time.

The Medusa SD repeats the missile launch 30 seconds later.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

In a bit of an alternate universe at about the time of War of Honor. Call it about 5 years after Ashes of Victory.

And wait till the Feddies meet the Invictus-class. :twisted:

Any contributions for fed shipnames? I need as many as i can if only for cannon fodder ships.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Stormbringer wrote:In a bit of an alternate universe at about the time of War of Honor. Call it about 5 years after Ashes of Victory.

And wait till the Feddies meet the Invictus-class. :twisted:

Any contributions for fed shipnames? I need as many as i can if only for cannon fodder ships.
USS Pale Rider
USS Bennington
USS Destiny
USS Egan
USS Wildfire
USS Kastellian
USS Fortitude
USS Tyrfing
USS daVinci
USS Matterhorn
USS Tantalus
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

USS Explodes-when-bumped
USS Please-don't-sneeze-on-the-warp-core
USS Target Drone
USS Exploding-Consoles

(G)

Invictus class - The new design used by the Manties? What are their capabilities? I assume they are a SD(P), but how is their throw weight?
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Invictus class - The new design used by the Manties? What are their capabilities? I assume they are a SD(P), but how is their throw weight?
SD(p), Essentially the same throw weight as a Medsu/Harrington using only pods. The Invictus-class doesn't have any broadside missile tubes, instead it has been replace with more energy batteries and point defense. Since Trek ship will have to close 700,000 km under fire from the energy weapons before they can even reply.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Be aware of legal reprecussions:

Post by phongn »

If you decide to go ahead with this, do be aware that David Weber prefers not to have to deal with fanfics. In short, make sure that he doesn't stumble upon it. It's more for his legal protection (someone might accuse him of ripping off a fanfic).

Should he find this fanfic somehow, you may have to sign some sort of legal document.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Stormbringer wrote:In a bit of an alternate universe at about the time of War of Honor. Call it about 5 years after Ashes of Victory.
So you have the idiot High Ridge government in charge? Ouch.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I assume that the IAN will have their fun toys, the RHN will have their even more fun toys, the Graysons their toys and the RMN will be sorely lacking in toys, yes?
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

If you decide to go ahead with this, do be aware that David Weber prefers not to have to deal with fanfics. In short, make sure that he doesn't stumble upon it. It's more for his legal protection (someone might accuse him of ripping off a fanfic).
I already knew that. At most I was thinking of posting it here and spacebattles.
So you have the idiot High Ridge government in charge? Ouch.
Not to give too much away but HELL NO!!!
I assume that the IAN will have their fun toys, the RHN will have their even more fun toys, the Graysons their toys and the RMN will be sorely lacking in toys, yes?
Seeing as how it'll mostly be the Manties against the Federation, the RMN gets it's toys.

And if you have any suggestion for Federation ship names I'd appreciate them. Enough to give you a role if you want.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

USS Intrepid
USS Pioneer
USS Clementine
USS Maine
USS Clay Pigeon :twisted:
USS San Fransisco
USS Hood
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Beowulf wrote:USS Intrepid
USS Pioneer
USS Clementine
USS Maine
USS Clay Pigeon :twisted:
USS San Fransisco
USS Hood
USS Silence
USS Verity
USS Falklands
USS Wulfgeir
USS Circe
USS Feynmann
USS Parity
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thanks both of you.

And Beowulf, you want to get stuck in the fic? Just give me a name and I'll find something for you.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Sure, call me Beowulf Schaeffer... I'd prefer it if I don't end up a dead TIE pilot though
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Beowulf wrote:Sure, call me Beowulf Schaeffer... I'd prefer it if I don't end up a dead TIE pilot though
Seeing as how this is an Honorverse vs Star Trek fanfic, I wouldn't worry that much...
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Or a dead LAC pilot, for that matter...
Or on a ST ship...
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Beowulf wrote:Or a dead LAC pilot, for that matter...
Or on a ST ship...
I'll do my best to accomodate you. Thanks for the help.