Another scene of my B5/ SW fan fic.

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

DodoBrd16
Padawan Learner

Another scene of my B5/ SW fan fic.

Post by DodoBrd16 »

I appologize for the long wait to all those that were interested in this fan fic and I have to say that I will, most likely, not have this fan fic done for a few more weeks. However here is a small scene from the final part of the fan fiction. I hope you enjoy and I hope its coherent.

Chuck and his new Minbari buddy Pelen walked behind the Thor main battle tank, using it for protection as it approached the Imperial lines, they and numerous others. They had yet to actually reach the range of the Imperial infantry weapons but god only knew what kind of heavy weapons they had he thought to himself. Just then the area around the tank was torn apart in a storm of red energy from the enemy heavy rapid fire weaponry. The tanks main armament responded by obliterating as many of the guns as they could. Quickly, too quickly, the fire cut off. Chuck scoffed, well they sure as hell were not stupid. Now they'd probably shoot and scoot. And then, just on cue, a few of the guns started up again and then quickly silenced. The big guns of the Thor battle tanks and smaller, rapid fire guns of the APCs responded. Chuck hoped they got a few of the bastards. A whistle ripped through the air, followed by a clap of thunder. Chuck could see a fountain of dirt fly up from in front of the tank. Too damn close. Explosions began to rip into the Human and Minbari force, Chuck looked to Pelen.

"Never thought I'd have to go through this shit again."

The Minbari gripped his rifle closer," Neither did I."

A VTOL screamed through the sky, missiles leaping off its rails and its chain gun firing plasma bursts into the Imperial trenches, it banked to the left, a moment later a laser pulse flew through the area that the air craft had been occupying. And as usually happened, the VTOL stayed for a moment longer putting rounds into the imperial lines, then made its way back to its launch site to reload. They never stayed around long enough. Pelen tapped chucks shoulder.

"I never believed I would see one of those again." He shouted above the battle, a smile stretching across his face. Chuck let out a laugh. Chuck, Pelen, the column of men behind them and the rest of the force kept advancing on

Chuck looked to his right, at that moment the world seemed to slow to a crawl. He watched as another Thor battle tank a distance away, rolled along just as his was. A moment later, the tank exploded in a huge fire ball, he watched as the shock wave ripped apart the men that were following the tank . Then the world snapped back into real time and he felt the blast wave slam into him. His entire column of soldiers were knocked down. Chuck lay on the ground, his ears ringing, his eyes looking up into the sky. A moment later he was hauled up onto his feet and thrown behind the tank by Pelen. The Minbari grabbed another soldier and put her on her feet. Chuck shook his head then shouted for the rest to get to their feet. Quickly the soldiers jumped to their feet to get behind the tank, one was half a second to slow and caught a laser bolt right into his face. The rest got behind the now still tank and were using it for cover. Chuck looked back towards the right, looking for signs of the Thor, there was nothing left except for flaming bits of debris, of the column of soldiers behind it,only a gory red landscape. The blast had been so strong that it knocked a APC that had been near the tank on its side. Chuck watched as the crew began to get out of the top hatches, he watched as one of the Imperial automatic heavy weapons ripped into the crew and the soldiers that had been inside of her. The Imps wouldn't get away with it though, they kept firing till the tank he was behind put a beam from its cannon dead into their position.

Chuck activated his com and linked to the tank commander. "Commander, I think we've rolled into a mine field."

The com crackled back, " We sure as hell have, I need you to get some of your anti mine units to clear our path, were contacting the rest of the tank and APC units and telling them to do the same, out."

Chuck looked around for the two soldiers with the large square back packs. "Smith, Simmons I need you two clear our tank a path to the trench."He hollered over the noise.

The faces of both men went white. "But sir, it's a slaughter house out there!" Smith hollered back.

Chuck grabbed his body armor and hauled him closer. "If you don't do it, this tank wont move and the Imps will get an exact fix on us and land a mortar on our heads, now move!" he screamed the last two words into the young mans face and shoved him around the side of the tank, Simmons quickly followed. Chuck and Pelen gave cover fire as they did. As the two men went in front of the tank, he could hear the machine guns of the tank opening up to give the two young men cover as well. A few second later the roar of a small rocket filled the air and the men watched as it flew into the air, a white rope trailing it. It wasn't the only one, numerous others filled the air. The Smith and Simmons tore around the tank and practically jumped into the group of soldiers behind it. Numerous loud blasts came a second later and his com chirped. Chuck activated it.

"That did the job Lieutenant, we've got a path." It clicked off and the tank began to move again.

Chuck slapped the two young men on the back and the unit began moving with the tank. The rest of the force did as well, though there were not enough mine clearing teams to create enough corridors for all the armor, so some had to follow other tanks or APCs.

They were getting close to the imperial lines, Chuck peeked out from behind the tank and could actually see white armored figured scurrying about the trenches. As they neared, the fire power being directed at them intensified as the Imperials were able to bring to bear all their weapons, not just the longer ranged heavy weapons. A Minbari hover tank flew past the Thor they were following, its main gun firing into the trenches. It pulled a tight left turn and flew parallel to the trenches, its beam cannon ripping into the Imps. Chuck watched as a Imp with a long cylindrical object, which reminded him a great deal of an anti tank weapon, jumped up and started tracking the Minbari hover tank. Chuck slapped Pelen up the back side of his bony head to get his attention and pointed at the man with the launcher. Both men brought their rifles up and fired around the tank at the Imperial, they were to late though. A bright red pulse leapt from the barrel and slammed into the left aft section of the hover tank. The tank spun counter clock wise, its side dipping down towards the deck and then catching on it. The tank flipped through the air numerous times and then slammed against the ground and rolled along it. It finally came to a stop on its turret and to the credit of the Minbari worker caste, the tank didn't catch fire or explode. Pelen swore in Minbari at the site.

Directly in front of the tank, where no one but the crew could see, another Imperial jumped up with an anti tank launcher on its shoulder. The gunner let loose with his machine guns and the Imperial began to duck to get cover, but he still triggered the weapon. The red pulse streaked towards the tank and impacted with the skirt protecting the front of the treads, it vaporized the armor in a millisecond and then hit the front of the tanks tread. The driver slammed on the break and the tank came to a halt.

Chuck came to a stop with the rest of his men and then got on his com. "What the hell is going on commander?"

"We got hit in our tread, were not going to be able to go much farther, what do you want to do?" the com crackled back.

Chucks shoulders slouched, he'd been hoping to follow the tank all the way to the trench lines, but that just wasn't going to happen. He got back on the com. "Can you keep moving?" he asked the commander.

A moment later the response came. " yeah, we wont be able to go much farther before the tread comes off, but we can get you a little closer."

"That'll have to do commander, go till it comes off and then we'll make a run for it."Chuck cut the com and looked at his men.

"Well,what can I say, life's a bitch, once this girl cuts out, were gonna have to make a run to get to the trench line, understood?" He looked around, the men looked worst then they had when the battle had started, but they accepted this new turn of events, they all nodded in response.

Chuck got back on the com, "Move it out commander."

The tank began to roll closer and closer to the trench line, all the men watched as the tread began to stretch out along their column, it was not something one excepted to see in their life time. And then the time came, the tread ran out and the tank came to a complete stop. Chucks com came to life, "Well thats it Lieutenant, we'll try to tear that trench up some and clear the enemy out some before you make your run, good luck."

Chuck listened to the man who's voice was that of a man who was sitting behind inches thick metal platting. "Yeah, thanks commander." He said in response and killed the link. Sometimes he thought it might be better to be a tanker, a much safer job. Just then a near by Thor was struck by a green bolt of energy that blew through the frontal armor of the tank, a moment later its turret was blasted away from the now dead vehicle. With that Chuck began to re think his earlier opinion, he realized now that he didn't like the idea of being the target for every heavy weapon in the area. Chuck looked at all his troopers.

"Check your weapons, make sure they are ready for action." The Minbari and human soldiers all looked their guns over and once they were done looked back at Chuck.

"Alright, right after the tank tears up that line, were gonna run like bats out of hell from both sides of the tank, all those on the right, take the right, all those on the left, take the left, got it?"

"Yes sir." they chorused.

Chuck nodded, "Alright, lets get this over with." he activated his com one more time.

"Commander, fire!" He hollered into the com. A second later the tank let loose a beam at the imperial trench, its turret sliding the beam from left to right. And then it cut off.

"Move!" Chuck hollered at the troops and they shot around the sides of the tank.

Chuck was the first from out behind the tank, Pelen right behind him, a string of other troopers behind them, all the soldiers running like mad for the trench. Chuck was so focused on getting to the trench, that he didn't register the Imperial automatic heavy weapon being set up by its crew who had been hiding in the trench to avoid the beam from the Thor. Pelen did however, he made a tackle on the human that would make any foot ball player proud, bringing both men to the ground just in time. The weapons crew opened up on full auto at the string of troopers coming around the right side. It shredded the three soldiers behind Chuck and Pelen with laser fire, the bodies slamming against the side of the tank. Pelen rolled off him and Chuck brought his rifle up to his shoulder and fired off a burst in the prone position into the gun crew. The bullets smashed through their white body armor and the crew fell away dead. Chuck looked over to Pelen, " I owe you one!" he shouted.

"You owe me two." The Minbari shouted back.

Chuck laughed, "Well if we live through this I'll pay ya back!" The Minbari laughed in response and both men looked at the trench. They looked back at one another and nodded to each other. Both jumped to their feet and made dead run for the trench. Chuck fired from the hip, taking down a Imp who was lining up for a shot. And then they were there. Both men jumped down into the trench and now the real fighting would begin.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Well, for starters, did you *have* to post it four times? I've deleted the other three posts, but try not to do that again.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
DodoBrd16
Padawan Learner

No I did not, nor did I intend to.

Post by DodoBrd16 »

The board was acting screwy last night, every time I hit submit, it would tell that the site was not responding. As far as I knew, the bloody thing hadnt even made it onto the board.

I appologize for any inconvienence(sp).
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Man you write very well! I love the way you depict action sequences, but one question; where are the AT-AT's? When are you gonna post more, continues stuff though rather than snippets...
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
DodoBrd16
Padawan Learner

Oh they're there.

Post by DodoBrd16 »

The imperial heavy armor is one of the reasons why the Human/Minbari force is going up against a fully prepared Imperial defense and why a good chunk of the infantry is walking to their lines instead of riding into them inside some APCs.

I am starting to get some strings done, but I'm primarily concentrating on the major moments.

Its going slowly, I appologize. I will try to get it out by the end of sept. but no promises. I will try to get a pretty good string out for you if ya want though. So you know I'm still working on it :)

Night. Or morning...depending on where your from.
Coalition
Jedi Master

Rest of story?

Post by Coalition »

May we have the next chapter please?