A New Path (Star Trek vs. Star Wars).

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: A New Path (Star Trek vs. Star Wars).

Postby The Romulan Republic » 2017-03-22 04:27pm

That is a very generous offer, thank you. I will take you up on that.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - Lincoln.

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Postby Eternal_Freedom » 2017-03-22 05:21pm

No problem, PM me when you have something that needs checking.
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams" - Hamlet

“I’ve always thought the Yankees had something to do with it.” - Confederate General George Pickett, on being asked why his charge at Ghettysburg failed

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Postby The Romulan Republic » 2017-03-23 01:16am

Well, might be a little while. I lost my draft for the next chapter, so had to start over, and that's always a pain in the ass. Still, its slowly but steadily coming alone.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - Lincoln.

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Postby Eternal_Freedom » 2017-03-23 08:24am

I know that feeling. Hit me up when you're ready.
"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams" - Hamlet

“I’ve always thought the Yankees had something to do with it.” - Confederate General George Pickett, on being asked why his charge at Ghettysburg failed

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.

cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Postby cadbrowser » 2017-05-08 11:52am

I am really digging the trolling of Vader. This is really good. Of all the back n forth with regard to various ST vs SW scenarios on this website and where there would be no contest that SW should win 99.9 times out of 100. The way you opened up this first contact scenario is pretty genius. They don't automatically run into the Federation; but something that can fling VADER (of all people) around like a rag doll for a bit.

Superb. Can't wait for more.
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Postby The Romulan Republic » 2017-05-08 01:14pm

Yeah. Really, the Federation is near the bottom of the power scale in Star Trek, and has had remarkable luck to survive what it has.

Though sadly, I cannot take credit for the original premise- its based off of a thread FaxModem1 posted, as previously noted.

cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Postby cadbrowser » 2017-05-08 01:41pm

I didn't get a chance to read that thread...I felt like it might spoil things. Kudos to FaxModem1 for the initial idea, and kudos to you for fleshing it out so nicely...so far. :)
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada

Return to “User Fiction”