So I wrote a script.

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

VX-145
Padawan Learner

So I wrote a script.

Post by VX-145 »

A few months back (Juneish), I wrote and sent in a script to the BBC as part of their writer's room thing. It was rejected in the first stage, so I didn't get anything in the way of feedback about it. So, I figured sometime late last night, why not post it here and let the ladies and gentlemen (and the single Q who apparently likes to mess with you) here read it?

Some additional context: This is supposed to be for a children's TV drama, so I decided to write about shooting robots with lasers instead.

Probably one of the reasons it got rejected, on hindsight.

I've uploaded it as a .pdf to mediafire (mostly because that was the first result that came up when searching for file hosting), but I can post it as a text file or just c&p it if needed (there's no chance of it ever getting made, so as far as I know there's no issues with sharing it publicly). I can also give a link to a quick overview of the series in general, if people want that.

Link to download - back up after a rather stupid mistake: http://www.mediafire.com/view/z7e85zcrx ... cript2.pdf

Let me know if there's any issues with the download (aside from me nearly telling everyone my full name and contact details :oops: ), and thanks in advance for any criticism :)
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Re: So I wrote a script.

Post by Imperial528 »

VX-145 wrote:Some additional context: This is supposed to be for a children's TV drama, so I decided to write about shooting robots with lasers instead.
Haven't read it yet due to school internet not being practical for downloading anything, but child me would've loved that. Loved it to the same extent he loved star wars. That is to say, enough that current me is still a hopeless nerd.

I'll read it tonight and offer some thoughts about the actual writing. Should be good, though, I enjoyed one of your previous works.
kilopi505
Padawan Learner

Post by kilopi505 »

...how long is it that you can't copy paste the whole thing in here instead?
VX-145
Padawan Learner

Post by VX-145 »

30 or so pages, for about 9k words (yay for formatting which wastes 50% of the space on a page). I can copy it here - it's certainly short enough to fit in one post - but it'd either be a wall of text or 50 posts from me in quick succession. That's without the formatting messing up yet again.

About that - I wrote the first two scenes in a word document, then switched over to an online script writer tool, then tried to put that into .pdf format... which somehow meant that every single bit of punctuation became a string of unintelligible characters. That was not fun to find out about the day before the deadline.

So, this way you get to see my laughable attempt at making it look professional, and I don't have to try to fix every single line to look the way it should :P