Looking for Authors

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: Looking for Authors

Post by Zaune »

Well, it's one month to the day since my publishing debut. Did anyone here actually buy it? :P
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

So Kindle was giving $5 for those who register with their Kindle App and this thread was the first result that popped up, so there you go. I own a copy. :P
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Well, that's something.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

I Have A Blog
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

Hey guys have there been any changes in the way to contact GP as of recent?
My brother is (or was) working through them to publish something, but he has been unable to contact them for some time.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Far as I can make out the entire project's been wound up as a failed experiment.

-- fgalkin

I Have A Blog
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Books, short story magazines, etc need publicity so it is not necessarily surprising. Unless he put up a campaign, I will bet it was only circulated by word of mouth by him and the authors and those of us who read it here and that kind of reach would be abysmal.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."