Munchkin does Faerun

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Munchkin does Faerun

Post by mr friendly guy »

If it wasn’t obvious from the title, this is a parody.

Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the Gathering are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, which is in turn owned by Hasbro.

The First Layer of Hell

The entity sat on his misshapen throne, seemingly lost in thought. Here he was, the one the gods called the Munchkin, after a mythical being which even AO feared. He gave himself the name, the Ultimate Player, although as far as Talatha Vaerovree was concerned, Munchkin sounded more regal.

“Has Mystra agreed to my terms Magister?” Strange that his voice didn’t sound godlike, yet this was the man who had single handedly destroyed Cyric, Bane, Malar the Beastlord and a whole host of evil deities.

Talatha Vaerovree knelt reverently, her action masking her true purpose. “She has Lord Munchkin. As a sign of her good faith she has sent me to scribe your history, what you have done since you appeared on Toril Abeir from… I am sorry,” she paused. “The gods of Cynosure still have not the faintlest inkling from whence you came.”

“Hardly surprising, I took great pains to hide my origins from my Nemesis.”

This was not good Talatha thought. Her lady had sent her here to find out as much as she could from the Lord Munchkin, the entity who had upset the balance. Determined to persist, Talatha continued, “Just as the mad god Cyric sought to write a false version of his history in his unholy tome, Mystra has commanded me to write your story in this tome as a sign of her willingness to ally with you.” With a rhetorical flourish Talatha produced her tome. One did not need to be a merchant to see the mastercraft construction of the book. A leather cover with the centre showing a circle divided into five parts, one showing a red flame, another a blue water drop, a black skull, white star and green tree. These signalled the five colours of mana, the strange power the Munchkin could tap, which even Mystra lady of mysteries knew nothing about. If AO the overlord knew of it, he did not mention.

“Yes, the Cyrinishad. I have to destroy that book when I find it. Cyric may be dead, but worshipping a dead god can still be problematic. Just look at the trouble with Myrkul.”

“How can you destroy a relic which even the gods cannot destroy. Even mordenkainen disjunction cast by our Lady could not destroy that accursed book.” Without realising Talatha had interrupted the Lord Munchkin. Silently cursing herself she resolved not to make him angry, lest he become suspicious.

Fortunately Munchkin seemed faintly amused. “Draw upon one white mana and one other mana of any other colour and disenchant it.”

Such powerful magics, Talatha thought. “I must learn all I can about it for Mystra.”

Opening the Tome she continued. “This shall be known as the Ultimate Player’s guide. Shall we begin?” Without waiting for Munchkin to reply she had ported her enchanted quill and prepared to write the first chapter, hoping that he would acquiesce.

For a moment time seemed frozen as the strange being considered her request. Then the floodgates opened as he told her what happened since he arrived in Toril Abeir.

20 years ago

The Planeswalker known as the Munchkin had just arrived, fleeing the threat of Eldrazi. So many threats the multiverse held. The New Phyrexian empire had conquered the plane of Mirrodin. Perhaps Ravnica could hold them off, or perhaps Avacyn and her horde of angels. But for now he had planeswalk to a place he had never seen before. He could still tap the mana from his home planes, but this land was different. There was energy here, but it wasn’t the same as the mana. He would later learn that it was magic regulated by what wizards here called the Weave, administered by Mystra the lady of mysteries.

“Stranger, what is your purpose at Candlekeep? Do you seek entrance to the library? Be warned to gain knowledge one must contribute to it. “

“This is a library?”

“Of course,” the Guardian replied, not a wit of humour in his voice. “The greatest in all the realms.”

“Does it have knowledge of planeswalking? What is this plane? I need to know its location to return to my plane. I have to warn them, I have to warn everyone about the Eldrazi threat.”

“This is Candlekeep, beyond yonder is the Sea of Swords. This is the prime material plane on the world of Abeir Toril.”

The stranger paused thoughtfully, considering his next move. “These names mean naught to me. But knowledge is useful. . I can contribute the knowledge of the library by telling you about the Eldrazi and of the planes I see in return for access to your library.”

For a moment the Guardian paused in thought. “How do we know that your claims of knowledge are legitimate? Will you submit to a spell which allows us to read your mind?”

“I started of a mind mage. I played with the power of the blue and the black and before branching out and learning spells from all the colours. I know what is like with mind reading. Of course I refuse.”

“Then we are at an impasse.”

“Please, I have gold.” So saying the Planeswalker opened up his purse, one of his few remaining possessions.

“Candlekeep prizes knowledge, not currency.”

“Damn you, I have come too far to stop now.” The stranger sensed the spell being cast against him, and instinctively drew two blue mana and countered the spell.

Surprised the Guardian prepared to cast more spells. Weakened and desperate the Planeswalker cast a Mind Funeral. This spell forced wizards to continuously discard spells from their mind until they discarded two land links, which allowed them to draw upon their mana. However the wizards here had no land as such, they manipulated magic from the weave. The Guardian of Candlekeep could only scream impotently as all his carefully learnt spells simply faded from memory.

Present

“That was how I defeated the Guardian of Candlekeep.”

This Mind Funeral spell is powerful, Talatha thought. Fortunately, even if stripped of all my spells, Mystra’s plan would still succeed. Mystra had blanked her mind from detection, and her mastery of the Weave was such that even the Lord Munchkin would not be able to detect magic. Nevertheless he could read facial expressions, and she took great pains to disguise her nervousness.

“You must have gleaned great knowledge from Candlekeep. But surely no mortal knowledge was enough to help you defeat a god, yet alone so many.” She spoke deferentially.

“The answer to your second point, is you need to study history. I believe Karsus stole power of Mystrl who then had to reincarnate herself as Mystra. As to the first point, oh yes, there was knowledge.” For a moment he paused letting the memory float, savouring the taste. Suddenly he seemed to have changed tack.

“Do you know Talatha Vaerovree that in the Duelling among planeswalkers, we seek the right combination of spells to break the conflict right open.”

“Your words are strange to me, but the meaning is clear. You seek an advantage. Forgive me, but doesn’t everyone from the weakest halflings to the strongest demon lords also do the same.”

He shook his head. “But not in the same way. There are combinations of spells, which if used right can boost your life to truly immense, maybe almost infinite times. The same can be done with damage. The level of destruction of our spells are immense.”

“Then whoever originated those spells must have been great wizards,” Talatha spoke thoughtfully.

“That’s just it. They were not. The spells were likely simple spells, but it was the wizard who had the innate genius, the one who saw that these combination of spells could create such power, it was they were reached the height of power undreamt of.” Now clearly excited Lord Munchkin continued on. “Over here if you need a powerful ability, you just create an epic spell, or apply a metamagic feat to it.”

“Perhaps it is your imagination which gave you advantage over all the Gods.”

“It is not just that. Your magical system lacks the ability to combine spells the way ours does. Because you never saw the way simple things can combine to form powerful things, its no surprise you couldn’t have imagine what I did.”

“And what did you do?”

“I found a Sarruhk”
15 years ago

The lizard creature barely stirred, a testament to the beating the adventurers had dealt it. Not that it mattered, as chains prevented it escaping.

“I am sorry it came to this Pil'it'ith.”

“Nooo, youuuu arrrreee noooot,” The Sarruhk, no former Sarruhk prince hissed.”

“You are right about that. There was a bounty on your head placed by your own people. Betraying your deity and helping another deity bind him to slumber is a crime. However before I hand you over there is one thing I need you for.”

“No ssssecrets willll you heaarrr frooom mmmy liiips.”

“Fortunately that won’t be needed. You see I have learnt about your race from the Candlekeep archives. I know your race bred others, including the Nagas, Yuan-Ti and many other so called scaled ones. You have the ability to manipulate the forms of the scaled ones, giving them supernatural abilities. An ability I want. Now sleep.”

The Planeswalker had grown in power since his arrival in Abeir Toril. Even now his feats had become legendary. He had defeated a Tarrasque. A creature which was the bane of many adventurers, which could not be killed. Undone with a simple one mana swords to plowshares spell. As a result of his adventures he had gained experience, which he poured into learning new skills. One which was about to pay off in spades.

He had studied the Master of Many forms prestige class and learnt enough to shape shift into a scaled one. Before handing Pil'it'ith back to his people for punishment, the Planeswalker needed his form for one purpose. To grant himself the ability to manipulate forms.

Drawing upon 4 mana, he cast a clone duplicating the former Sarrukh prince. The next step he shapeshifted into a scaled form using his abilities as a Master of Many forms. The clone would now be able to grant him supernatural abilities now that he was also in the form of a scaled one. This was only the beginning.

Present

“This was only the beginning of course. I then trained a familiar, a reptilian one of course. Using the power the former Prince Pil'it'ith granted me, I gave it the same ability to manipulate the form of a scaled one. Using the power of green mana I used a giant growth on it, and then commanded my viper familiar to give me the same strength through the ability to manipulate form. Naturally I had shapeshifted into the form of a scaled one. Next I dismissed the giant growth and then granted my new enchanced strength to my familiar, so that even if its normal size it now has the same strength when it was giant size. Then I repeat the process until before too long, I can catch the hammer of Tempus with one hand.”

Talatha was shocked at how simple it seemed. Especially since the Lord Munchkin did catch the hammer of Tempus in a great battle, before killing the God of war because Tempus would war for its own sake, rather than for the Lord Munchkin’s purpose. It was so simple, she wondered why no one in Faerun had thought to doing it before.

“Eventually I realised there was an easier way. I just gave myself the supernatural ability to cause a giant growth, the same ability the Wu Jen has.”

Talatha nodded. She had heard of such mystical wizards from far away lands. She nodded silently for the Lord Munchkin to continue one.

“But why stop with strength? Why not my dexterity, intelligent and constitution? For that I acquired the Bellflower Tattoo of the Tattooed Monk and the Void Release ability of the Void Disciple. With the same trick I increased all my other abilities.”

This is it, Talatha thought. Even if we never learn how he taps the five colours of magic, with this insight, Mystra could become more powerful than ever, preventing another Cyric from challenging her. So engrossed in her own thoughts she almost failed to note Lord Munchkin had resumed telling his story.

“Soon using the manipulate form ability I gave myself vast speed, temporal acceleration, and with the aid of an ice clone spell gave myself divine ranks. With the godly powers I had alter reality to further give myself more abilities. Then I sought to challenge the demons, devils and eventually the Gods themselves.”

“But I thought you wanted to warn this world about the threat of the Eldrazi.”

“I did. Which is why at first I had to return to my plane of origin.”

“I imagine your return would fill volumes. No doubt the people there would be interested in your heroic exploits.”

“Alas no,” Munchkin sighed. “When I finally found a way back, I discovered too late that the reborn Phrexian empire had already corrupted it. Even with my vast powers there was nothing I could do.”

The epiphany struck Talatha with the force of many magic missiles. “Was that when you went on your crusade my Lord?”

“Yes. I had already witnessed two planes fall to evil, I swore Abeir Toril and the surrounding planes would not share the same fate?”

10 years ago

Asmodeus readied his defences. This upstart usurper had already conquered all 666 levels of the Abyss including slaying the demon lords there and reconsecrating each level. Already the first 8 levels of hell had fallen, but he would not allow this one to fall. No, the Devils of Hell would not share the same fate as the Demons of the Abyss. Ever the consummate planner Asmodeus had studied how the man who was now known as the Lord Munchkin worked.

Munchkin would open up the battle with a Supreme Verdict which destroyed entire armies. Normally it would destroy Munckin’s own armies, which was why he tended to fight alone initially. Eventually he mastered the Archmage’s ability to alter the shape of any spell, so that the Supreme Verdict only targeted his enemies armies. This he did to leave the Demon Lord isolated. Then he would personally slay the demon lord. To prevent the Abyss manifesting more demons, he then followed up with either a Conquer or Annex enchantments and gained control of the target land. To in turn protect those enchantments, he utilised a strange artifact known as “That which was taken.”

Always the same strategy, the same opening hand, but this time it would be different.

As Munchkin cast Supreme Verdict Asmodeus’s minions cast the epic counterspell. For a moment the two different magics warred with each other struggling for supremacy. The sky above the first layer of Hell tore open before finally a giant explosion racked both sides forcing Munchkin back, leaving death and destruction in its wake.

Hmm. Asmodeus frowned. That was unexpected. The spell had hurt both armies. Unfortunately Munchkin’s were not native to this plane, so they would not be slain permanently, only forced to be reborn back on their native plane. If Asmodeus was slain, he would be consigned to oblivion. No rebirth, no undead forms, no life after death. Final. Although there were rumours that the Munchkin had a spell known as the Living Wish which could bring even those who had passed into oblivion back to life.

The situation was almost as severe on the opposing army. Munchkin was shocked that Asmodeus had managed to disrupt, albeit not completely successfully a spell which was supposedly could not be countered. However Munchkin had more tricks up his sleeve. There were literally many ways he could still win. He could rush Asmodeus and kill him, he could summon Avacyn the Archangel from the planes of Innistrad and make his creatures almost indestructible, but in the end he chose the easier way out. He cast Day of Judgment and gambled that Asmodeus would not have another counter spell. He guessed incorrectly. Fortunately Munchkin countered Asmodeus epic counterspell with a Force of Will.

The Day of Judgment ripped through the Devil’s ranks until only Asmodeus remained. He did not last long against Munckin’s horde of demons, demons the Abyss created which were now loyal to him. Thus ends the Blood War. With neither demon nor devils the victor, but an upstart from another multiverse.

Present

Talatha scribbled diligently as Munchkin recounted his story. How he killed the Gods of evil, or those he considered evil. He burnt Cyric with spellfire, an ability he had granted himself using the manipulate form ability he copied from Pil'it'ith all those years ago, but supplemented with his ability to draw upon by the many colours of mana.

He broke Tempus’s own skull with the War God’s own hammer. He had a weak mortal minion exchange his lifeforce with Bane’s using the Mirror Universe artifact, before he proceeded to slay the God of Strife. Gond the wonderbringer was destroyed after a Nevinryl’s disc had ripped through his precious machines.

Not all the God’s were slain. Munchkin still hoped to rally Mystra and some of the God’s of good to his side. He spoke of his grand plans including a one world government to protect Abeir Toril against the threat from extraplanar forces. He declined worshippers, saying that he would make a poor god.

When the tome was finished Talatha dutifully handed him the book. “A gift my lord Munchkin, from the lady of Mysteries.”
“I too have a gift for Mystra.” At first it was imperceptible, like insects at the edge of her hearing. But then it grew louder and then Talatha saw it. A giant golem, a Colossus. But that was not what shocked her the most. It was what the golem held. In its hand bound was the goddess Shar.

“From the Sardian moutains wakes ancient doom : Warrior born from a rocky womb.” Munchkin theatrically pointed to the Colossus. “The Colossus of Sardia and Shar, she who tried to usurp Mystra’s power by creating the shadow weave.”

“How did you imprison a goddess?” Talatha tried to keep her composure.

“She can’t cast spells if she doesn’t remember them? A sword of mind and body continuously strips her of knowledge of her spells. The chains were forged by Gond. I looted them after I killed him.”

“How can AO let you do this,” Talatha whispered.

“Oh but he doesn’t. That’s why you’re here.”

I’ve been found out Talatha thought, but strangely Munchkin made no move to act.

“You see, AO himself has a master. After pouring through dusty old scrolls I have elucidated his name, and after fighting him for ages I have an understanding of his motivation. AO’s master is known as the Dungeon Master. He, she , it has always opposed me. The Dungeon Master is my nemesis. Every time I advance, more powerful foes would be arraigned against me. Never ending like the suffering of the False and the Faithless under the rule of Cyric. This is now the final gambit isn’t it. Once AO is defeated the Dungeon Master will appear. In this regard, the Dungeon Master is quite predictable”

He is mad, Talatha thought. There is none more superior than AO, the overlord of the Gods. I must act now. Drawing upon the power of the Annulus she activated it, and an explosion of force enveloped them, a force which will only destroy psionic beings. Psionic beings like the Lord Munchkin.

The first thing Talatha noted was Shar her face twisted with hatred against all servants of Mystra. Fortunately the goddess was still bound by the Colossus of Sardia. Of the Lord Munchkin there was no sign. I did it, Talatha let out a wail of triumph.

“Amazing. That actually hurt me.”

No, it couldn’t be. Talatha turned around and there was the Lord Munchkin. He was bleeding, but already his wounds were starting to heal. He must have given himself some regenerative ability using the manipulate form and alter reality abilities.

“What was that? The Annulus? I could never find it. How did … of course. Mystra can manipulate the weave so even a deity cannot detect magic. No doubt it allowed you to hide the artifact masking it among all the other artifacts you carry. I will..”

“Do not be so confident Lord Munchkin. My Lady can also deny you the use of the weave and has many spells which even your mana manipulators don’t know about.”

Amused Lord Munchkin actually paused. That’s it, Talatha thought. He doesn’t know about the other one.

“Really? Your magics are powerful I grant, but unless it’s a spell of the tenth level or an epic spell, its generally no match for us mana manipulators as you call us.”

“On the world of Krynn the archmage Raistlin had a spell to time travel. When one does that one can see many worlds, many possibilities.”

“Impressive, I must learn this time travel spell. However if you had such a spell you would use it against me already.”

“True, however I said there are many possibilities. Many timelines, and Mystra has a spell to visit these. Including one where the Annulus also exists, and another one after that, and another one, and another.” So saying she activated her second Annulus.

Nothing. Desperate she tried again.

“Not this time I am afraid.” Already most of the wounds on Lord Munchkin was healing. She could sense spellfire being wielded. Munchkin had drawn upon mana and converted it to spellfire and in turn was using it to heal himself faster.

“How?”

“How what? How can I sense your three other Annulus when I failed to the first time. How did I counter it? The answer to the first question is that when you activated the first annulus, it shattered the enchantment hiding the others. The answer to the second question is that within the plane of Mirrodin there is an introduced pest, known as the Ouphe Brownie which has the innate ability to counteract artifacts as they are being activated. Naturally I gave myself that ability.”

Before Talatha could react all three artifacts broke into a thousand pieces. The Lord Munchkin had drawn upon red mana for a shatter spell, along with white mana for a disenchant.

“AO show yourself. Lets end this farce.”

“As you insist foolish one.”

Talatha gasped in awe. She had borne witness to the meetings of the gods as Azuth and Mystra wanted. However she had never seen AO. Standing a full two feet taller than even Helm, the lord of the Gods was an opposing sight. Accompanying him were the other gods who had not fallen to Munchkin’s crusade. Mystra, Sune Firehair, members of the Elven Pantheon.

“You seem to be missing the Dwarven gods. And I don’t see Kelemvor anywhere. Couldn’t muster up enough support AO?”

“Just as Angharradh, is the personification of the three goddesses, Aerdrie Faenya, Hanali Celanil and Sehanine Moonbow, thus shall I create a gestalt deity to oppose you.”

The shock on the god’s face barely registered before their forms convulsed and turned into a mist which congealed together. From that mist a male and a female form emerged.

“That’s your master plan Dungeon Master. Not very original is it,” Munchkin sneered. “Yes Dungeon Master, I know about the others. The Players of Games. I have studied knowledge of the greatest libraries in the multiverse. I know your purpose Dungeon Master. I know of other universes which used this trick.”

The Male Gestalt Deity attacked first. Munchkin casually dodged the attack. Almost leisurely he struck up a conversation while at the same time effortlessly avoiding or blocking the attack. “You know what’s wrong with you gods. You can bring back the dead under normal circumstances, but not in some situations. In my adventures I have encountered the guild Mother of the Garrottes, Anifer Unglum whose magic cloak can send the dead into a place even the greater gods cannot reach. Do you know what I notice about the cloak. It appears to do the same thing many spells us mana manipulators use. Like this one.”

Munchkin cast a path of exile and his opponent disappeared. “I have no idea where he went, maybe we should ask a philosopher. But for all intents and purposes he is no longer a threat.”

Suddenly Munchkin found himself grappled by hands. Instinctively he sensed they were trying to drag him back to the Prime Material Plane. “AO.” For the first time in the fight Munchkin was challenged. The overlord of the Gods was trying to banish him, the same way he exiled the Gods to the material plane during the Time of Troubles. Once back down there, he had no doubt AO with the power of Mystra would keep him out the planes. Munchkin tapped into the power of his spark, supplementing his godly powers with his natural planeswalker ability, but all he did was keep himself in the same spot. If this kept up he would burn out his spark. Munchkin had heard of planeswalkers which did just that.

“Destroy him, while I hold him down.” AO commanded the female gestalt deity to attack.

“Wait,” Munchkin implored. “You don’t have to obey AO.”

The Gestalt Goddess paused. “Why?”

“Destroy him,” AO commanded. “I cannot hold him down indefinitely.”

“Search Mystra’s memory. “

“Mystra chose to side with AO. Mystra is part of me.”

“Correct. But AO let her human perception remain. The Gods are created so powerful, yet so limited, unable to see beyond the strictest confines of their portfolio. Mystra, Kelemvor and Cyric were allowed to see as humans do, to see outside the metaphorical crate.”

“Ignore him,” AO commanded.

I know I can convince her, Munchkin thought. My charisma is at a high level due to my manipulation of my abilities. “All the other goddesses are a part of you as well. Search their minds, now that they also have Mystra’s human perspective. Is there life beyond your portfolio, beyond being a slave to such dictates?”

“He has broken the balance, it must be restored,” AO intoned.

“But why,” Munchkin countered. “Do you know why the Dungeon Master craves a balance between good and evil, between law and chaos. Not because both sides are equally matched, but because its more entertaining for the Players of Games.

“Players of Games?”

“Yes, this is AO’s and his Master’s little secret. Your world with real people to them exists just for the entertainment of the Players. They would take the body of adventurer’s. When they die or they get bored with these mortals, they find other bodies to take over for their campaigns. It doesn’t suit them if there is an overbearing authority like mine. A world with less strife is boring to them. That is why AO is tasked with maintaining the balance. That is why Bane and Cyric were allowed to exist even though evil brought no benefits to society in general. But I say no more. The balance is not only useless, but harmful to the beings who live on Abeir Toril. These beings are not just toys for bored Players to roleplay, they have lives and value. Join me and we can banish the Dungeon Master and his ilk from Faerun and protect it from the threat of the Phrexians and Eldrazi.”

“I..”

“Don’t you understand. You Gods were created to maintain a balance, which in turn exists to entertain the Players of Games. But you can be so much more than that.”

The female Gestalt paused. “The part of us that is Mystra agrees with you. So do the others.” Turning she blasted AO with her divine power only to watch it splatter harmlessly away.

“Fool. I am the overlord of the Gods, none of your divine powers can hurt me.” AO spoke more forcefully now. He was clearly struggling against Munchkin’s power.

“Maybe not, but I am willing to bet my mana can harm you. No matter how much life you have AO, I can tap my mana for more. The lovely Goddess’s distraction allowed me to do this.”

So saying Munchkin tapped into his Grim Monolith which had been enchanted with a Power artifact. The Grim Monolith produced three mana before being tapped out, however the enchantment allowed it to be untapped for only two mana, thus one mana is produced for free. Repeat it enough times and Munchkin had “infinite” mana, which then fired with a Banefire spell. The blast struck AO splitting him in two. Immediately Munchkin felt a give, as AO no longer bound him with his power.

“The power of AO is now mine. Show yourself Dungeon Master.”

“Do you know what you have done?”

To Talatha the voice seemed to come from everywhere, yet nowhere at the same time.

“I have freed Abeir Toril from your tyranny.”

“Spare me your self aggrandizement. Looks like its time to negotiate.”

It seemed like time stood still as the two deities communicated telepathically.

Finally the Dungeon Master spoke. “Then its agreed. You will not enter the worlds of the Rifts, the world governed by a Wheel of Time and the world of the Pathfinder.”

“In return you will not enter the realms of Abeir Toril and the realms reachable by a Spelljammer ship.” Munchkin replied.

“All other worlds are fair game.”

With that the Dungeon Master left Abeir Toril for good.

“What happens now?” Talatha asked. “Will you destroy me?”

“You did try to assassinate me. However since I suspected the Dungeon Master might use such clandestine methods, I wasn’t exactly surprised. Hmmm. How would you like to be a diplomat to Krynnspace?”

THE END FOR NOW.

Talatha Vaerovree was the sample Magister given in Magic of Faerun

Mystra can manipulate the weave such that even a God casting detect magic would fail to detect it – in the novel the Crucible.

Pil'it'ith was the Sarruhk prince in Serpent Kingdoms
AO’s master was mentioned at the end of the Avatar trilogy. Behind the scenes he was supposed to be the Dungeon Master.

The Annulus was an artifact from the Psionics Handbook

Anifer Unglum is the head of the Garrotte organisation – Epic handbook
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Re: Munchkin does Faerun

Post by Starglider »

Are you familiar with The Intercontinental Union of Disgusting Characters? Stories also taking D&D munchkinism to its logical extreme, and ultimately with a similar 'DM is a jerk forcing misery on worlds' theme.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Munchkin does Faerun

Post by mr friendly guy »

Starglider wrote:Are you familiar with The Intercontinental Union of Disgusting Characters? Stories also taking D&D munchkinism to its logical extreme, and ultimately with a similar 'DM is a jerk forcing misery on worlds' theme.
I can't say that I am.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.