ron and Blood: A Star Wars/Warhammer 40k Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

DarthVectivus
Redshirt

Post by DarthVectivus »

I do not write this work for profit.

Star Wars is owned by the Walt Disney Company, as are any settings, characters, plots, etc. associated with Star Wars.

Warhammer and Warhammer 40k is owned by Games Workshop, as are any settings, characters, plots, etc. associated with Warhammer or Warhammer 40k.

Chapter One

"Five years". Hsiano Seiei, Admiral of the Fel Empire and heavy drinker, sighed in exasperation and dropped the datapad onto his desk. His almond shaped eyes seemed to grow a few extra wrinkles around them as he ran a hand through his graying and thinning hair." Five years we must spend in this forsaken wasteland of space and for what? Al long lost signal from a scout from the old Remnant days?"

Across from him stood, in crisp military uniform, a youngish officer, a captains insignia on his chest. A fresh pink scar ran down from his left eyebrow, down across his nose and across his cheek. This gave his face hard look, aided by the short military hair cut and the crispness of his dark green uniform. The only bright side to this boy was his eyes. They were golden, like a Sabre-Cat and contrasted against the darkness of his skin. Those eyes were hungry. Seiei wondered if this would be problem or an asset.

"So, son...how do you feel about this assignment to the Unknown Regions?"

"Sir". He spoke slowly and deliberately ,softly, yet loud enough to be heard. "I am happy to do my duty to the Empire and assist in any way I can, my lord Admiral."

In other words, I'm stuck here and there isn't frak I can do about it, so I might as well suck it up, Seiei thought. "You've been captain of the Assertor -class Imperial Star Destroyer Pellaeons Peace for two years, after only one as commander before, under the former captain. Your father." Seiei stood, moving from behind his desk. "You fought during the Rebellion of Sothor. Your home planet."

"Yes sir." No reaction. "Your father attempted to convince his men to treason. And you-"

"Executed him. Per Imperial Directive 10045/c, in regards to treason and mutiny during a a severe combat operation.. I was in accordance with Imperial Military Law and was proven right and correct by military tribunal." He looked Seiei in the eyes. "If I may ask sir, what importance-"

"Why does this matter? We are heading deep into unknown space. Far from the Empire, far from any type of support, and soon enough we will be far from the galaxy itself. We are here docked at Farpoint station, gathering the twenty-seven ships needed, but we will not be here forever. Soon we will head deeper into the unknown, heading to another galaxy. Yet we have no knowledge of it, aside from what the Chiss have deigned to tell us. We have few hyperspace routes and no outposts, bases colonies, nothing. Yet we are expected to create all of this and more within five years. I have enough ignorance of this new…world. I cannot be ignorant of those under my command." He approached the boy, and place a hand on his shoulder. "You proved your loyalty at Sothor, boy, and that you are willing and able to do what is necessary, for the good of the Empire. And for that, I am appointing you Vice Admiral of this flotilla."

For the first time, emotion touched the boys face. Confusion and hesitation clouded his face and he opened his mouth to speak. Seiei raised a hand. "You may be rather inexperienced, but you are the youngest out of the Academy of New Carida, top of your class, five commendation, two medals. No one is more fit to be by my side. I expect you to do your duty, Vice Admiral Asa Soto, son of deceased captain Atvar Soto, brother to deceased King Asmar Sotoof Sothor. You did your duty then. You will do it again." Seiei moved to return to his desk, and sat in his chair slowly, wincing slightly. He was too old for this. "Report to your ship and alert those under you of your new position. And send someone to captain the new Imperator. The old captain is too stupid, the commander too foolish. Dismissed."
"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a stormtrooper or hearing a TIE fighter scream overhead."
―Captain Thrawn, to Tash Arranda