What if the US President kidnapped your family?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Democracy Fanboy
Redshirt

What if the US President kidnapped your family?

Post by Democracy Fanboy »

I've been recently bitten by the following plot concept for a sci-fi/thriller-type story:

The hero is the Vice President of the United States of America. While they're discussing business as usual, the President tells the VP that he wants to launch a genocidal invasion against some Third World country to control its oil. The appalled VP alerts the mainstream media about his colleague's plans, therefore exposing them to the general public. To blackmail the VP into retracting his story, the President kidnaps his wife and child and hides them in a secret base. The police don't believe the VP when he calls them about the President's kidnapping, so he has to break his family out himself. Helping him is a vindictive ex-general who knows where, or rather when, the President's secret base is:

Spoiler
The Age of Dinosaurs

I really like this idea, but some other people I've shared it with say it's really stupid. Could it be done well?

EDIT: NM, it really is dumb.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: What if the US President kidnapped your family?

Post by LadyTevar »

Topic locked
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet