Night's Terminator (ME/T)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Coalition
Jedi Master

Re: Night's Terminator (ME/T)

Post by Coalition »

T-X style exterior? Good way to dump extra heat when necessary, or minimize profile from whichever angle the enemy is. Have the exterior form lots of surface when you need to dump heat, then shrink down when you need to engage the enemy.

And with Wrex there, the team is getting put together.
MondoMage
Padawan Learner

Post by MondoMage »

It does indeed look like the team is getting back together. I was always a big fan of Tali, so I'm hoping she makes an appearance - although from comments made in-story by Legion, it doesn't look like the Quarians as a whole stood much of a chance against the Reapers when they appeared.

And it's great to see the Normandy kicking ass. Although it was from a concealed position, it was still satisfying. However, I don't think they'll have quite so easy a time of it when they finally have to face someone on more equal terms.

Excellent work so far. I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment!
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is set something like 100 years after Sovereign uses Saren to reactivate the Citadel. Wrex can be around still since Krogan have absurdly long natural lives, and Legion is a damn robot, but everyone excpet the Asari characters will have died of old age (if nothing more violent) by now. So no Tali or Garrus, unfortunately. And definitely no Mordin. :(
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is set something like 100 years after Sovereign uses Saren to reactivate the Citadel. Wrex can be around still since Krogan have absurdly long natural lives, and Legion is a damn robot, but everyone excpet the Asari characters will have died of old age (if nothing more violent) by now. So no Tali or Garrus, unfortunately. And definitely no Mordin. :(
With no Sheppard, Liara would have been caught on Therum and indoctrinated or killed. Okeer might have still created Grunt*, but after 100 years of fighting the Reapers I can't see Grunt being much different to any other Krogan.

So the only non-humans that could be possible are Samara and Morinth.

*Though, since Okeer did make deals with the collectors, I'd expect them to know where he was based.
Atlan
Jedi Knight

Post by Atlan »

Well, the Geth DID go through the trouble of saving a buttload of Quarians, so it's entirely possible that Tali is a popsicle somewhere in a Geth storage area.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects."
R.A. Heinlein.
edaw1982
Padawan Learner

Post by edaw1982 »

I'm loving the hell out of this story. And the neat little touches in the gaps in technology.
Sure the eezo users have 'shields', and inertial dampners and artifical gravity, whilst the Union has to make do with accellerator couches, but they've got displacement, time-buggering and judicious use of nanites.

Oh yes, I eagerly await more chapters.
"Put book front and center. He's our friend, we should honour him. Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt-nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornment. Jayne! Try not to steal too much of their sh*t!"