NaNoWriMo

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Skgoa
Jedi Master

NaNoWriMo

Post by Skgoa »

So, who here is participating in NaNoWriMo? For me, it's going to be the fourth time. And this time I am going to win, goddamit! :lol:
We already had our first local meet-up and the kick-off on monday might have to be held in my flat. Starbucks, as it turns out, isn't the best place to hold conversations.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
drakensis
Padawan Learner

Re: NaNoWriMo

Post by drakensis »

Barring last minute derailing, I will be participating.

This will be my seventh time, with four successful years.
Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

Post by Lord_Of_Change 9 »

I am.

This will be my very first time...
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

Damn, my story went and changed it's genre behind my back. :lol: It's going to be outright fantasy, instead of altered history. Couldn't explain the dragons, otherwise. ;)

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

If I ever have a nice, clear November, I probably will. I've learned over the past year and a half that I can turn out prose at 1700 words a day or so, but only when the muses are kind and/or I don't have anything pressing to do.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

Yeah, my last three attempts were killed by my real life, too. But I am still trying. The social aspect is the most important part, for me.

Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

So, it's day 2 and I am at 6789 words. That's only a few short of November 4th word goal, I guess it's obvious why I am taking a break here. ;)

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I've never done National Novel Writing Month entirely, but I try to churn out a couple of chapters in my ongoing stories in honor of the occasion anyway.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

8534 reached, more than in any NaNo before. :D I think you guys would like my story. It has dragons. And airships. And pirates. They are airship pirates, too!

UCBooties
Jedi Master

Post by UCBooties »

I have started today, because I love a challenge. (Not true, I'm just lazy)

Where can I find the day to day word count goal so I can see how far behind I am falling?
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

look on your stats. if you are projected to finish after november 30th, you are behind. ;)

Silver Jedi
Padawan Learner

Post by Silver Jedi »

This year will be my third attempt, the first serious one. The previous two times I just kinda sat down and started vomiting words onto the page, which predictably didn't last 30 days.
Not a n00b, just a lurker

108th post on Wed Jun 28, 2006 A Whoop!

200th post on Fri Feb 3, 2012 Six months shy of a decade!
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

I reached 10k!

UCBooties
Jedi Master

Post by UCBooties »

Skgoa wrote:I reached 10k!
Congrats! I just hit 10k as well. Not bad for starting 2 days behind.
Number Theoretic
Padawan Learner

Post by Number Theoretic »

I have considered participating but backed off because of much work this semester. However, since English isn't my mother tounge: do you have to write in English or is it also possible to participate in another language? If so, i'll give it a shot next year.
drakensis
Padawan Learner

Post by drakensis »

As I'm back to work today, I suspect my rate of writing will drop off abruptly.
Still, 36k is a good start.
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

Number Theoretic wrote:I have considered participating but backed off because of much work this semester. However, since English isn't my mother tounge: do you have to write in English or is it also possible to participate in another language? If so, i'll give it a shot next year.
You don't have to do anything. It's supposed to be a fun way to get you to write. ;)

Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

I am at 20k, but it's getting harder. I have written the end, now I only have to to add in the second halve of the second act and the first halve of the third act. I am still 2 days ahead of the word goal, so no worries in that regard.

drakensis
Padawan Learner

Post by drakensis »

Very very close to 42k. Finished the first act.

...shit, this story is going to be longer than 50k. I guess that gives me more than a month to reach the end though.
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

congratz! I am at 22k. I didn't have the will to write yesterday, because my best friend was sad and I was very worried about what might have happened. As it turns out, she just had been treated badly by her boyfriend's best friend.

drakensis
Padawan Learner

Post by drakensis »

And that's 50k.

Sined, Seeled and Delivered.