A War of Gods

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

A War of Gods

Post by Lord_Of_Change 9 »

10 September 1940

Egypt

The sun rose over the Great Pyramid of Giza, shining brilliantly over the desert. The air in front of the mighty pyramid rippled, as if a gateway to another world was being made. That was somewhat true, as this would be the day the Gods returned. Suddenly, reality buckled and shifted, warping and twisting as some tremendous force strove to open a gateway between the world of myth and the world of reality. Them, with a sound like the crash of thunder, the gate opened, outlined by shimmering, crystallised space-time and rimmed by unnatural energies. The portal itself appeared glassy and distorted, like a window or mirage, distorting an image of empty (but perhaps not-so) desert.

Then, something appeared. It was a human figure, as tall as the pyramid, wearing a loincloth, its skin browned and tanned, with the head of a falcon, one eye shining with yellow light, the other one with silver. Then, there appeared a second being, as tall as the first, but with a more sinister air, with the head of a jackal and darker. A third burst into existence, a figure seemingly made of the desert's sands, with the head of an impossible canine animal.

Soon, the war already being fought was going to get bigger.

+++

Rome

Benito Mussolini watched the strange old man carefully, he bore Roman Armour and an eagle was upon his shoulders. His eyes shone with white light, and he had just appeared in his office, utterly bizarrely and without explanation. Mussolini was the first to break the long silence.

'Who are you?' he asked.

'I am Jupiter, King of the Roman Gods,' the figure replied.

Mussolini judged this figure carefully, if he was who he claimed he was, he could definitely help him. If not, he could still be an asset.

'Very well then,' Mussolini said. 'What do you want?'

'Our Egyptian Brethren have incarnated in the mortal realm, and thus we have decided to also do so. We will help you achieve your dreams, Mussolini, ' Jupiter stated.

'Good then,' Mussolini said. 'Let's get to work.'

+++

Far Underneath the Earth

He moved, recalling something. One last glorious charge for the memory of Rome, then unconsciousness and sleep for what had seemed like aeons. He looked around, the cavern was dim, and there were Roman Legionaries, medieval knights, soldiers of his empire from all the years it had endured before dying with him. He shuddered at the thought of what Mehmet could have done to his empire's last refuge, the city of his namesake.

The memories came rushing back, one by one, and he was stunned. Greece had fallen - Greece needed to be saved, needed to be rescued. He didn't care how long it had been, there was one thing he must never forget - Constantine. His name was Constantine.

+++

Egypt

Brigadier John Campbell stood before the old Gods of Egypt, feeling tiny, like an ant. The gods loomed over him, tall as the Great Pyramid, gigantic. They spoke, in a flash of images and word-concepts, making his head feel like it was exploding:

So long/in ancient times we stood/guardians
/Now the gods of old/we return/
To save/the black land/Khemet

'What are you here...for?' he asked.

It is time/to return/
The Romans/attack again/we must defend

'I see,' he said, dazed. 'But...what do you want?'

The black land/Khemet/must be/free
And also/worship/obeisance/
There are/new gods/we see/
But this is/our land

'Agreed,' he replied. 'You'll defend Egypt, and in return we'll try and leave Egypt after the war. This isn't binding, however, I'm not really in a position to make such promises.'

AGREED.

John Campbell had a feeling something very bad was going to happen soon.
spartasman
Padawan Learner
Location: Parachuting with murderers into the Hollywood Hills

Re: A War of Gods

Post by spartasman »

I like the concept, but it really, really, REALLY needs more depth.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Samuel Clemens
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Re: A War of Gods

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

As a teaser, it ROCKS. If there's nothing behind it, I'll be very sad.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage