Full Analysis of Empire versus Babylon5 Universe

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Lord_Kosh
Redshirt

Full Analysis of Empire versus Babylon5 Universe

Post by Lord_Kosh »

Much in the spirit of the main pages at StarDestroyer.net, I will outline a full war campaign using Babylon5 in place of the StarTrek universe. Full universe from both sides. Using the Empire from the same point, post-New Republic era, and B5 through A Call to Arms (excluding Crusade for now). Michael Wong already gave the Imperial side, and nothing would have changed on that side. I will use this first post as the overview and then add to the thread as time permits. Each post will analyze both sides as objective as possible. (And before I'm asked, I am a big fan of both Star Wars and Babylon 5.)

Overview: The Empire is aware a a wormhole that acts as passage to a new universe and plans are being made to explore and expand, spreading the order of the new order of Emperor Solo. Babylon 5 station, in conjunction with the Inter-Stellar Alliance President John Sheridan are coordinating the efforts to protect Earth, Membar, and the rest of the known universe. Sheridan has dispatched a Whitestar to track down the First Ones in hopes of evening the playing field, but it does not look good. All posts should be in the form of a report (for any side, or faction).
"Knowledge is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth."
"Don't underestimate the power of the force"
"We live for the one, we die for the one"
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
SeaTrooper
Youngling

Re: Full Analysis of Empire versus Babylon5 Universe

Post by SeaTrooper »

Yes, please! Where are you putting this?
"Know Enough To Be Afraid" - Transylvania Polygnostic

The Royal Navy has not survived for so long by setting an example for others,
but by making an example of those others...
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

One thing, the First Ones all left the Milky Way Galaxy before the Interstellar Alliance was founded, an event that Sheridan himself made happen, so there'd be no point for him to look out for them.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Lord_Kosh wrote:Babylon 5 station, in conjunction with the Inter-Stellar Alliance President John Sheridan are coordinating the efforts to protect Earth, Membar, and the rest of the known universe.
Sigh. :cry: Minbar!
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Lord_Kosh
Redshirt

Post by Lord_Kosh »

ISA
EA Babylon 5 Station to Minbar:
President John Sheridan
Subject: Ranger Report from near worm hole near Sector 14.
Message to follow:
Mr President,
With the assistance Planet Epsilon below, Captain Lockley and I have been monitoring an area of space close to Sector 14, adjacent to where Babylon 4 disappeared (and reappeared) almost five years ago. Zathras has confirmed that a fleet of unknown ships has been spotted emerging from a wormhole, and that is not a time distortion similar to B-4's disappearance. The WhiteStar87 was sent to investigate them further, but ordered not to engage.
The report from WhiteStar 87 informs us that there are several 1.6KM vessels and hundreds of smaller ships, presumably warships. The captain is not aware if they were spotted or not and that there was no effort taken by this fleet to engage them either. They were either not seen, or not seen as a concern. Several dozen star-fury sized ships were also spotted and observed in what looks like patrol maneuvers. Communication chatter did not conform to any known language or encryption, including Inter-lac. No open communications were detected. More vessels are emerging at semi-regular intervals, but at the current rate, we expect over 100 heavy cruisers and hundreds of support vessels to be in this sector of space within the hour. If this continues, we estimate that within the next standard week, there will be more than 16,800 of these cruisers massing the largest single fleet we have ever seen including the Shadow War on any one side. Many of the support vessels are similar in mass to the Earth Force main-line Omega-class Destroyers, to say nothing of the larger ships. If these are indeed warships, it is recommended that all Inter-Stellar Aliiance member worlds prepare themselves for war.
Awaiting further instructions, WhiteStar 87 out.
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Uh, what's the point of this thread? At the moment, all I'm seeing is the OP playing a roleplaying game . . . with himself. That, or the start of a terrible fanfic. If you've got some analysis to post, then just post the damned analysis already and dispense with this RP garbage.

Or, I could save you the trouble. Star Destroyers are canonically defined as having gigaton level firepower. The ships of B5's Younger Races get blown to bits by mere megatons. A single ISD could go on an unstoppable rampage in the B5 Milky Way, limited only by onboard fuel reserves, quality of the Imperials' charts, and boredom on the part of the ship's command staff.
Lord_Kosh
Redshirt

Post by Lord_Kosh »

GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:Uh, what's the point of this thread? At the moment, all I'm seeing is the OP playing a roleplaying game . . . with himself. That, or the start of a terrible fanfic. If you've got some analysis to post, then just post the damned analysis already and dispense with this RP garbage.

Or, I could save you the trouble. Star Destroyers are canonically defined as having gigaton level firepower. The ships of B5's Younger Races get blown to bits by mere megatons. A single ISD could go on an unstoppable rampage in the B5 Milky Way, limited only by onboard fuel reserves, quality of the Imperials' charts, and boredom on the part of the ship's command staff.
Well, feel free to post your proof. What is the point? What is the point of StarDestroyer.net? If you read the pages of the site, you'd understand. Star Trek ships are not any better, yet Wong found it interesting to set up a back-story involving Star Wars and Star Trek. The canonical specs were equally one sided. But he did it any way. Why, to highlight many of the differences between the universes of both. This is the same thing with B5 substituted for ST, and not exactly as Wong wrote his.

Unlike Star Trek, B5 actually does take ground combat more seriously (at least when showing certain EA conflicts) and has more defined classes of ships instead of having one Swiss-Army-style ship that is supposed to fit all areas of combat as it is shown in most of ST. To avoid a time-out on long posts, or to avoid hijacking someone else's thread, I posted my own. If you do not like this thread and do not wish to play along, simply do not read it. It should be a very simple solution for you. In fact, based on the canonical specs, why are you here at all if not to discuss fairly obvious outcomes of fictional battles?
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

So, you're writing a crappy fanfic? Someone please move it to UF, or to save time, to the HOS, because the only place this thread is going is down.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Moved.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Juubi Karakuchi
Jedi Knight

Post by Juubi Karakuchi »

A question. Is this to be entirely your own work, or will you accept other input? I ask because this thread caused me to dream up something that might entertain. If it pleases you, I will post it.