Should I continue a Matrix story or start an Inception one?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Which fanfic should I work on?

Matrix: Film Noir Continued
17%
Animatrix: A Few Good Men
17%
untitled Inception project
67%

Total votes: 12

Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Should I continue a Matrix story or start an Inception one?

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

I'm in a fanfic mood right now, and there are two projects I can either restart, or a whole new one I can pursue. They are:

Film Noir Continued: A Matrix story, based around the "A Detective Story." It's an AU- if the detective Ash had survived the train at the end of the short, how would he have contributed to the Nebuchadnezzar and the formation of Neo? I've got the overall plot design in my mind (even though I haven't worked on it since like 2004), and it's not too hard considering it'll follow the film trilogy.

Animatrix: A Few Good Men: A Matrix story that's meant to be somewhat shorter, about the formation of a trio of most unique Agents (one is a Jet Li-lookalike human who was killed and turned into an Agent, one is a personality created through merging of several serial killers, one is an ex-programmer-type program who was a human sympathizer but later demoted to Agent), on their most thrilling mission yet! Unfortunately, I don't really have a clear mission for them to follow anymore, and in retrospect I'm not sure how good I'd be at character chemistry and depicting the interactions between three dysfunctional programs.

My third idea is an Inception fanfic. No clear plot yet, just a lot of juicy ideas. Like an explanation for why extraction/inception dreams aren't as crazy as "real" dreams. And a Clive Owen character. It may not be as difficult to write as the above two (or at least not as much as the second idea) since the canon I have to deal is fairly light, especially since I'm using all original characters. And I won't be dealing with Limbo (probably) and too many layers at once. I do like world-building, and Inception's canon is light enough for me to add in some more ideas. I may need to ask for help in fleshing out the mechanics, however, and watch the movie again...

So: which of these three story ideas should I work on?
Ugolino
Youngling

Re: Should I continue a Matrix story or start an Inception o

Post by Ugolino »

I'd love to see A Few Good Men continued. I was afraid it's author had died or something. :P
Karen Traviss IS a Kaminoan!
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Anyone else want to weigh in?
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Film Noir please. I as really interested in seeing where you'd go with it.
LionElJonson
Padawan Learner

Post by LionElJonson »

Why not an Inception/Matrix crossover fanfic? :lol: :wink:
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Voted for Film Noir because I remember liking that one. Also by your own admission its one you've got a plot and everything worked out for.
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Okay, I've just watched Dark City and am watching The Thirteenth Floor. So, in lieu of Inception being released on bootleg DVD anytime, soon, Film Noir Continued shall continue!

Sorry for ignoring poll results but it doesn't even seem to match the discussion in this thread anyways.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

That would be partially because I'm a silly person who didn't vote in the poll. :oops:
*rectifies*

After I finally see Inception I'd probably be interested in seeing what you'd do with it though.