The Merging (Star Trek, Star Wars crossover) last chapter up

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Re: The Merging (Star Trek, Star Wars crossover) Ch. 8 is up

Post by Star Empire »

Thank you guys for the replies.
FaxModem1 wrote: Also, Anakin and Sisko sharing their situations, hopefully this will help mellow Anakin out. Then again, maybe not.
Without getting into many details, Anakin and Sisko are definitely not sharing a shuttle by chance.
FaxModem1 wrote: The Borg are going to be a big problem. I can understand Palpatine seeing them as a useful tool, but I really worry that's going to bite everyone in the butt. I'm also impressed that Palpatine is able to bounce back from this chaos so quickly with a new plan to conquer
the galaxy.
DKeith2011 wrote: I'm surprised the Borg haven't adapted to Republic weapons already. Several major battles should be more than enough data for the Collective.
The Borg are adapting (and trust me, you'll see a lot of adapting in the next story :evil: ), but I'm going with the logic that there is a limit to how far they can go to adapt to weapons. They can adjust the ship to take weapons fire more effectively, but throw enough energy at them and its still going to get through. I'm assuming the Republic ships are generally a lot bigger and stronger than most Federation ships (not even getting into fighters) so it's not as overwhelming a battle as the Federation vs. the Borg would be (where 1 cube might beat 100 Federation ships). All the same, the Republic is doing badly so far, basically winning a lot of small battles, but nothing substantial. I'll admit, I've been kind of back and forth on just how effective to make the Borg vs. the Republic though which is why I've made most the battles overwhelming one way or the other until this point.

As for Palpatine, he doesn't have all the details worked out (and those can cause problems), but the overall logic and path is straightforward enough for him and not all that different than it was originally. Use fear and war to obtain more power and bleed the Jedi.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

It would be funny if due to his "short-sightedness" that when Palpy whips out the DS on the Borg, that after a few victories the DS ends up assimilated. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

DKeith2011 wrote:I'm surprised the Borg haven't adapted to Republic weapons already. Several major battles should be more than enough data for the Collective.
The Borg ability to adapt is severely overrated. There is no way a magical remodulation of the shields can simply shrug off a turbolaser blast rated in the gigaton range. Look at Species 8472 as an a parallel example. They owned the Borg in every single engagement. The Borg couldn't even begin to adapt to that. They were relegated to suicide ramming attacks with the cubes.

More than likely the Borg did change their tactics somewhat and their adaptations had something of an effect...hence the "disaster" with the 5th fleet that was briefly mentioned. The Borg got better to be sure but they will never be invincible.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Borgholio wrote:
DKeith2011 wrote:I'm surprised the Borg haven't adapted to Republic weapons already. Several major battles should be more than enough data for the Collective.
The Borg ability to adapt is severely overrated. There is no way a magical remodulation of the shields can simply shrug off a turbolaser blast rated in the gigaton range. Look at Species 8472 as an a parallel example. They owned the Borg in every single engagement. The Borg couldn't even begin to adapt to that. They were relegated to suicide ramming attacks with the cubes.

More than likely the Borg did change their tactics somewhat and their adaptations had something of an effect...hence the "disaster" with the 5th fleet that was briefly mentioned. The Borg got better to be sure but they will never be invincible.
Who knows? The Borg here have hyperdrive so who knows what else they are capable of besides the author. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

Didn't read through this one as many times as I usually do, but will be gone much of the next couple of days and wanted to get another chapter out.

Chapter 9: A Tale of Two Worlds

There is often not a lot that separates a trading center from an isolated location. In late 20th century Earth, there were few inherent reasons New York was still a better location for major financial markets than Chicago or Los Angles, but once established, economic centers tend to build momentum. Coruscant had always been the center of economic activity, but the Merging had pushed everything up a few notches.

It had started with Republic merchant ships. In the fear and confusion following the Merging, many had sought out safety. For those in the vicinity, there was no place perceived safer than Coruscant. After many had taken refuge behind the naval capital ships of the Republic, a new bunch had started heading toward the system. Local Milky Way governments had decided to send representatives to the Republic capital and even more local Milky Way merchants headed there to see if there was a chance for some business and to get a jump on the competition. As hyperdrive spread, Milky Way groups from much further started sending ships to Coruscant. Hearing of all the commotion, even more Republic merchant ships came to the system to deal with the newcomers.

In short, Coruscant, even by its standards, had attracted an incredibly large fleet of outside ships. As the days went by, the Republic navy had gradually pushed most outside the system, but still ships were arriving. The last one to enter the system, being tractored by a larger Republic merchant ship, would have preferred to keep going.

Looking at the world, Chakotay said, “It is an amazing sight,”

“I’ll say,” said Harry Kim. “I hope they are on our side.”

Janeway said, “Their chancellor has seemed very reasonable so far. Actually, he has seemed nothing but kind, and he has to be under a great deal of strain.”

Kim knew better than to protest. Janeway turned to Tuvok. “Any familiar ships out there?”

Tuvok hit a few buttons. “Many. I’m detecting known ships from all four quadrants. There are three Dominion ships, 2 Klingon ships, a Romulan ship, a Trabe ship, 35 Ferengi ships, one Federation ship, two…”

Janeway hearts skipped a beat and she cut him off. “Which Federation ship?”

“The Enterprise.”

Janeway nodded to herself. They were no longer the furthest ship from home.

Chakotay sat down; as anxious as he was to get home, this next part was going to be harder on the Maqui.

Janeway turned to Tuvok with a smile. “Hail them.”

-----

A large 3d hologram of the galaxy had been set up in the military command center. A light red hue covered most of the galaxy and represented the presence of the Republic. Various other colors represented the major Milky Way empires. Updates were still occurring and disputed areas weren’t all properly in yet, but the picture was much clearer than it had been even a few days ago.

Palpatine analyzed the hologram. Since the crisis had begun, he had spent most of his time here. His office had been equipped to more accurately and quickly show vital information, but still he spent most of his time closer to the military leaders of the Republic.

Admiral Robinson, General Greece, and Master Yoda sat in conference as Palpatine walked up.

Greece said, “Chancellor, we have compiled the reports on the Borg and are ready to make further recommendations.”

“Have you figured out why our weapons have become less effective against them?”

“Yes,” said Robinson bringing up a hologram of a Borg cube. “The Federation calls it adaptation. The Borg study our weapons and make rather extreme modifications to make their ships more resistant. They adjust shield strength, frequency, layers, and shield distance from the ship based on the weapon being thrown at them. The ship armor even adjusts in some ways to better take impacts. All of this is done in extremely short periods of time before weapons hit and then adjusted for the next impact”

“Could we make these modifications ourselves, improve the designs of our own ships?”

“No,” said Greece. “Not most anyway. These require an extreme amount of quick precision which is only possible given…the nature of the Borg.”

Palpatine sighed. “How are the campaigns going?”

“Badly,” said Yoda.

Robinson spoke up. “It’s not that we haven’t had success. Assimilation of new planets has slowed considerably, and we have destroyed a large number of Borg ships.”

Yoda said, “Causalities, too high they are. Built up the Borg are well beyond their space would suggest. Support from all Republic worlds will we need if victory in Delta Quadrant we seek.”

Robinson grudgingly conceded, “If they had seriously pushed for it, I imagine the Borg could have assimilated the entire section of the galaxy, Delta Quadrant for the lack of a better term, in a matter of years.”

Greece took over, “What’s left of the 5th fleet has been combined with the 6th. Admiral Johnston has had the 8th fleet engage almost no one and Jedi Master Koth has quietly recommended that he be removed.”

Palpatine sighed again. “Too many admirals who are too reluctant or too eager to engage.” He turned to the small Jedi, “Master Yoda. I am going to give greater authority to the Jedi to conduct the missions, but I still want the Jedi focused primarily on securing the peace around the galaxy.”

“Peace we will attempt to secure. Not all wish it. For Borg though, full galactic mobilization will this threat require. Nothing less, will Borg defeat.”

“I understand Master Jedi and the factories are moving in that direction, but I’d have half the Republic in revolt if I tried to move much more now.”

-----

“That is completely unacceptable,” said Janeway standing and speaking firmly. “You are talking about three of my senior officers. Voyager would not be here today if not for actions by all three of them.”

Janeway was in the Enterprise’s conference room with Captain Picard and Commander Chakotay. On the room’s viewscreen Admiral Ross remained calm.

“Be that as it may,” said the admiral, “it’s Starfleet’s policy that no officer who broke their oath and joined with enemies of the Federation ever be readmitted as an officer. Even in the darkest hours of the Dominion War that policy was never reversed. We will look at all the Maqui on a case by case basis when you return, but I’m afraid at the very least the officers who served in Starfleet are not going to be retained.”

“They are members of my crew,” said Janeway.

“Complete a full report, captain. We’ll talk more when you return to the Alpha Quadrant.”

The screen went blank.

The three sat in silence for a moment. “If you’ll excuse me,” said Captain Picard rubbing his head and standing up. He had no desire to be with Janeway anymore until she calmed down. “I have matters I need to attend to. You are free to use the conference room and contact others if you wish.”

“Thank you captain,” said Chakotay.

“My pleasure,” said Picard, still rubbing his head. He really needed to go lie down.

As Picard left, Janeway turned to Chakotay. “You’ve done more in the past 4 years than most first officers do in 20. I’ll make sure Starfleet knows that.”

Chakotay looked down and then finally forced himself to look at her. “No captain.”

Janeway would have none of that. “You are a member of crew, and I won’t stop standing up for you just because of Starfleet arrogance.”

Chakotay spoke calmly and firmly. “Katherine, they aren’t going to reverse the decision and there are others you should focus your energy on. Seven is only beginning to get her humanity back and should stay here. Starfleet is also not going to want to keep the doctor as chief medical officer. There will a number of opportunities in the new galaxy for Tom, B’Elana, and me, but Seven and the doctor very much need your help. Besides, I don’t think a lot of the Maquii will want to serve once we get back.”

“They’ve been part of the crew for four years.”

Chakotay said, “Yes and and some will want to stay, but most still remember the Federation abandoning us. Once we tell them about the Dominion, they are going to want to go and see what’s left of their families.”

Janeway sat in silence. A promising day had turned depressing.

----

Anakin stared at the lines of hyperspace as his mind drifted to the future. Could he really keep his relationship with Padme a secret? Sisko had seen through him, and he was just a man. Could he really hide this from the Jedi, from Obi-Wan or Master Yoda? “Do you ever think about giving up the title of emissary and…and just leaving Bajor, leaving your Federation?”

Sisko looked at Anakin oddly. “No,” he answered. “Well not really. There have been times I’ve wanted to give up the title of Emissary. I believe in the Federation though. It has warts, but it’s worth defending, worth dying for. As for Bajor, I’ve come to appreciate it as one of jewels of the quadrant. It’s not a power in any way, but its people have a fire and a faith I haven’t seen matched.”

Anakin just nodded. He should have guessed as much.

“What about you? Are you thinking of leaving the Jedi?”

“I don’t know,” said Anakin. “Being a Jedi was all I ever wanted to be, but… there are more important things.”

“Yes there are.” After thinking for a few minutes, Sisko asked, “This girl, the one you aren’t seeing, what would you give up for her?”

“Anything,” said Anakin without hesitation.

“Yes,” said Sisko slowly to himself. “I guess that is the right answer.”

----

Destiny (Bajor), Constanian Space 13,451 BC

The planet’s Constanians resident population had swirled from just under 60,000 to 1.8 million almost overnight. The change had been stark. While the crew of the Salvation tended to be extremely religious and optimistic, most of the newer residents came from a very different background. They were mostly members of what had been the political class on the Constanians, were much less religious, and given life experiences, much less optimistic in attitude. Unlike the Salvation’s crew, they had seen their people’s vast confederation destroyed piece by piece and most of their people murdered outright.

In the presidential “palace” President Monroe sat next to Raje Adams. The raje was the official head of the Constanian church, but Adams had nowhere near the power of his predecessors. Given the collapse of the Confederation, the president had appointed him directly. The former crew of the Salvation had little respect for this man whom they viewed as a politician pretending to be the raje. The 1.8 million refugees meanwhile were far less religious than the average Constanian. Still Adams did his duties and would try to bring prestige back to his role.

The lights blinked and President Monroe called in his visitor. Admiral Rachelas walked into the room. He sat and the president began by asking for a report.

“Mr. President. I have talked extensively with the Malkans and given almost 5 years of dealing with them, I think I get a pretty good impression of their thoughts.”

“And what are your conclusions?”

“Mr. President we must leave Destiny. They consider the arrival of a fleet and so many new colonists as a violation of their space.”

“That’s ridiculous,” said Raje Adams.

Rachelas said, “I agree, but it doesn’t change the fact that we aren’t a match for them. We just don’t have the strength.”

The president shook his head. “I’ve spent the last 10 years fleeing from one world to the next. I watched our fleets take on the full might of an empire a heck of a lot stronger than the Malkans. We are not running from them.”

Rachelas nodded. “Mr. President, our numbers are just too small here. If they come, and I think they will, we can’t stop them.”

The president wasn’t moved. “Not again. We aren’t moving again. No more jumping from planet to planet. This is either our new home or we will go down fighting. No more running.”

“I have an idea,” said the Raje Adams. The two men turned to him. “When the wormhole originally opened, Captain Strung reported meeting with a man from a higher realm. He was of no help, but the gods must be there as well. Even if they aren’t, we can find someone who will help us. I’ve talked to our scientists on Device B and they report they can still change the frequency of the wormhole.”

Rachelas injected, “Absolutely not. Raje, I understand the desire to try the wormhole again. I spent most of my life trying for that moment. We can’t risk the whole universe for our selfish needs though.”

Adams turned to the president. “Please Mr. President. It might be the only way.”

President Monroe bit his lip hard. He wanted to say yes to Adams so bad. “No. Reachelas is right. We can’t risk it. We’ll make our stand here on our own.”

After the meeting concluded, Raje Adams walked to one of his friends in the science department. He’d made friends with several. “We are going to have to do it without the president’s blessing.”

----

Nu glanced over at the forbidden book again. As a researcher and naturally curious, it was difficult for her to avoid taking the book and seeing what was inside. She resisted the urge in the name of diplomacy, but kept looking none the less. The book evoked a powerful Force response and there was definitely something to it.

She picked up a book and flipped the page. Halcyon was off exploring some Bajoran ruins which left her alone, but it was for the best. She was quicker this way.

Nu dropped the book suddenly sensing a disturbance in the Force. Something was very wrong. She walked to the door just as Kai Winn entered. “Master Nu, have you found everything you were looking for?”

Winn saw the old book Nu had dropped lying on the floor, and gave Nu a distasteful look.

“Kai Winn, is there any problems in the archives?”

Suspicious that Nu was doing something she shouldn’t, Winn said, “Not that I’m aware of. Why?”

“I sense something,” said Nu just as an alarm went off.

Four Bajoran security personal rushed to the Kai. “Eminence, there is an intruder who has broken past the outer security. We need to get you out of here now.”

“What intruder?” said Winn, resisting their efforts to push her away. “Who would break in here?”

In answer to her question she heard Bajorans phasers down the hall. Whoever was coming apparently wasn’t being stopped.

Nu said, “They are right. You need to leave immediately. This is a grave threat.”

“Alright,” said the kai. To the security members she said, “Lead the way.”

The interior archive was a bad place to get caught. Because of the importance of the documents in the area, transporters inhibitors protected the entire library which made a direct beam out impossible. There was also only one way in and one way out, which meant any escape would require running down a hall and getting to the end before the intruder got to the corridor intersection. The kai and Bajoran security forces started running. After watching the direction they were going, Nu quickly sped up trying to get in front. She was a Jedi, but not the youngest of them.

In front of them, the sounds of phasers died down and then disappeared completely. Just before the group made it to the end of the hall, a lone man with a red blade turned the corner and faced the oncoming group. The security team pushed the kai to the side and turned their phasers to the intruder. His lightsaber easy deflected the bolts back at each one of them.

Nu activated her own lightsaber and jumped in front of the kai.

“Master Nu,” said Dooku, “You weren’t who I’d guess the Jedi would send all the way out here.”

“They wished for a researcher to come. Why are you here Dooku?”

“I too wish to study the mystery of the Prophets.”

“Then why the weapon?” said Kai Winn.

“I don’t believe you would have allowed me to view the book I wish to see.”

Winn knew instantly what he was seeking. “The Book of the Kosst Amojan can only be viewed by one person.”

“So it’s said. Perhaps I should take you with me.”

“Dooku,” said Nu. “Is this the way to a better galaxy? You always believed in that, believed that the Jedi could be doing so much more. I always thought you were right. Why have you turned in this direction?”

Dooku said, “I still wish for a better a galaxy. The Jedi are hopelessly outdated though and the Republic even more hopelessly corrupt. Change must occur from the outside and the Pah-wraiths can be a great service to the cause. You should join me.”

Nu shook her head. “Your views have been distorted. You just killed dozens of Bajorans so that you could rob from them and you speak of a greater galaxy. This is not the Dooku I knew.”

“I suppose not,” said Dooku. Never losing his demeanor he said, “I always liked your work. I’m sorry you will have to be the first Jedi I kill.”

He jumped at Nu and her blade went up to stop his. The blades danced quickly back and forth.

Winn saw an opportunity and darted past both of them back toward the interior archive. Nu felt Dooku’s concentration drop for just a moment. She went on the offensive swinging at his feet. Dooku’s blade caught Nu’s and with a Force push he threw her half way down the hall, narrowing missing the kai.

Dooku looked momentarily at the vulnerable kai rushing ahead. He decided he didn’t want the extra baggage of having to bring her with him and let out Force lightning as she screamed in agony. Nu jumped up and stopped it with her lightsaber as Winn fell to the floor.

Dooku said, “Too late for her I believe.”

This time Dooku fought faster and Nu was completely on the defensive. Slowly she was pushed back into the interior archive. The remaining Bajoran security rushed forward at this point and targeted their phasers on Dooku.

As Dooku went to block the blasts, Nu knew this was her last chance and did a half jump, half roll toward Dooku’s back. She swung up hoping to get him before he could respond. She took off half his cloak, but his lightsaber made it back to stop her. Again he Force pushed her, this time into a shelf of books. She hit it hard.

As she landed, she fought for consciousness. Dooku decided to end it and the book shelf fell on top of her. Nu blacked out.

Dooku walked to the end of the room, past the Bajoran security. “The Book of the Kosst Amojan, only supposed to be read the kai of the Bajorans. We’ll see what the dark side says about that.”

----

Picard sprang up quickly from his bed. He was panting. His connection had been mostly been lost years ago, but one very small receiver remained and had been discovered by Starfleet after the last attack. It wasn’t anything that could be used against him, but let him see a few things when they were in the neighborhood.

Picard got out of his bed quickly, bumping his foot against the side of a chair.

He reached for his communicator and hit the button, “Picard to bridge.”

“Riker here. How can I help you captain?”

“Yellow alert. Assemble the senior officers and prepare to contact Coruscant. The Borg are coming.”
Last edited by Star Empire on 2012-02-03 06:27pm, edited 2 times in total.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: The Merging (Star Trek, Star Wars crossover) Ch. 9 is up

Post by FaxModem1 »

Gah, when I suggested Jocasta Nu, I didn't want you to kill her. Good chapter though.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Who says she's dead? It only said she blacked out.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I just realized, this is the book that is blank until blood is spilled on it. Dooku might get even more pissed if he doesn't know that.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

Nope she's not dead. Yet? :twisted:

I going to try to take down character shields in this story, so there is no telling.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, with Nu, she's always been a tertiary character, so her dying wouldn't be that big a deal. But someone like Anakin or Picard. Now that would be a flip.
Luke Skywalker
Padawan Learner

Post by Luke Skywalker »

I am on chapter 6, and so far it's a very good read. Some nitpicks:

Why has no hassle of both galaxies having humans and speaking English been made?
Why are both sides so eager to trade away potentially dangerous techology?
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liberals opposed slavery, supported labor protection laws, supported civil rights, supported Womens' right, opposed the spoils system, supported Scientific advancement and research and support gay marriage. Conservatives did the opposite. Guess which side has the intellectual, forward thinking progressives, and which side has rich fundamentalist anti-gay white slave owners?
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Darn you, you made me think a new chapter was up.

Consider that both in Star Wars and Star Trek, there are plenty of both humanoid aliens and what they call Near Humans in Star Wars, enough that finding more humans isn't that perplexing. Heck, they found plenty of other humans in the original Star Trek.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

Sorry for the really long delay between chapters. I had a ton of time, but didn’t write and then got really busy. The rest of this story is written (just needs to be edited) and my goal is to release the next chapter on Friday and the remaining 2 chapters the Fridays after that. Also for fun, I’ll put a chapter with the original story written back in high school. I’ve come a long way in writing since then.

Note: I should have made this note a long time ago, but if you don’t want to read the backstory on the Prophets/Pah’Wraiths feel free to skip it. I wanted something to explain some of thing and really like it, but I know it got kind of long and is probably not that interesting to some people. This will be the last chapter of it, but it is longer than before.

Chapter 10: Dark Clouds Growing

Prophesies have been told throughout the ages. When they turn out to be true, they can become the centerpieces for whole religions. Rare was it in history however to have two men together who are central figures in two seemingly unrelated prophesies from completely different cultures.

In a ship traveling through the new galaxy from Coruscant to Bajor, Ben Sisko and Anakin Skywalker sat each caught up in their own fears. Anakin, exhausted, was finally in an uneasy sleep as the ship approached its destination.

Sisko meanwhile needed to make a decision on something he wasn’t even sure he knew the question to. He finally let his mind drift. He knew who would have an answer to this. He used to ask her everything. Could he still truly see her as she was? He closed his eyes.

Sisko pictured his quarters as they originally were on the Saratoga. There was a cradle for Jake to the side of their bed. Pictures of their wedding hung on the wall along with holographic image from the last World Series. He looked to the side and he could see Jennifer. He remembered her as she had been as best he could. The image wasn’t perfect, but as he concentrated harder the image seemed to clear. She was gorgeous as ever.

Jennifer stared right at him, “What do they want you to do?”

As Anakin slept, he could see Coruscant.

Padme, confident and in charge as always, turned to the security chief as he rushed to the door initiating several locking sequences. Padme asked him, “What is it now?”

“Borg have entered the building. We need to lock down this room.”

“Here. How?”

“I don’t know, but they are on the floor above us.”

A half dozen guards surrounded the door as two others pushed Padme back to the corner of the room. Outside, the sounds of automated blasters could clearly be heard.

Jennifer repeated the question. “What do they want you to do?”

Sisko shook his head in frustration. “I don’t know! I don’t even really know what the question is, but if I say no I’m not sure what will happen.”

Jennifer smiled. “What will happen if you say no?”

The security locks only lasted a moment. The door opened and the guards started firing their blasters as the drones poured in. The blasts accomplished nothing, bouncing off personal shields of each drone.

From the corner, Padme watched as the drones overpowered the guards and injected them with something. She reached for her own blaster and started hitting a few buttons. Let’s see if what they can handle a lot more powerful blast.

Sisko rubbed his head. “I think the stakes are high. We have two universes combined together for whatever the Prophets have in mind. If I say no, there is no telling what could happen.”

“Do you trust them?”

Sisko thought about the Prophets; he hadn’t been thrilled to be named Emissary or to have his life intertwined with them. Time had changed a lot though. Bajor had become his home. When he retired, he imagined he’d buy a house on Bajor and grow old there. Grown too had his sense that the Prophets would do whatever they had to defend Bajor. Sisko shook his head, “Yes.”

Jennifer put her arm around him. “But you are worried to say yes. Worried about what they’ll do to you.”

Sisko looked into her eyes. “They don’t even want me to be a father.”

The Borg started toward the back of the room. The 2 remaining guards rushed forward to confront the drones hand to hand. They didn’t last long.

Padme looked at the blaster. The safeties were off and it was about to overload. It was now or never. She threw the blaster toward the Borg and the explosion knocked her to the ground.

“Do you think they will take away your free will?”

“What?”

“Your free will. If you say yes, are you going to become a mindless drone?”

Sisko shook his head. That wasn’t how they operated. “No.”

Jennifer hugged him. “Then this choice isn’t a final one. You might have to leave us behind for a while, maybe even longer that that,” She glanced back at Jake in the crib, “but agreeing to join them now isn’t going to mean you stop loving us or mean you won’t protect us if you get the chance.”

A tear dropped down Sisko’s cheek. “I miss you.”

She touched his cheek. “We’ll be together again someday.”

Three Borg were down on the ground severely injured, maybe dead, but others slipped past them. Padme fought as they grabbed her. She resisted as one picked her up, but resistance was futile. The Borg put his assimilation tubes into her neck. She screamed, “Anakin!”

Sisko came back from his daydream knowing his decision was made. Whatever it was the Prophets wanted, he was going to have to go along.

Anakin snapped back awake. It had been exactly like his dreams about his mother. The agony, the feeling that his time was slipping. He wasn’t going to let it happen again.

Sisko didn’t notice what Anakin was doing with the controls until the lines of hyperspace disappeared. “What are you doing? We won’t be there for a half hour.”

“We’re turning around,” said Anakin.

“Turning around?” said Sisko. “You can’t turn around.”

“Watch me,” Anakin said. “Sorry, but I’ve got to get back.”

“Surely whatever it is can wait.”

“I’m not adding an extra hour!” said Anakin yelling. He hit a few buttons and the ship started to turn.

“I have to get back now. Bajor is in trouble.”

“So is Padme and I’m not abandoning her.”

Sisko desperately tried to find an alternative. He would overpower Anakin if he had to. He could feel the time slipping away. He looked at the computer starcharts Anakin had pulled up. Then it hit him. How had he missed it before? “The wormhole!”

“What?” said Anakin as he instructed the computer to make the calculations to return to Coruscant.

“It leads to the Gamma Quadrant and is closer to Coruscant than this location. You can save time by going through the wormhole.”

Anakin would have ignored Sisko, but he could sense he was telling the truth. “Alright, but I’m not slowing down when I get there.”

“That won’t be necessary.”

---

Dooku made himself put down the book. The Pah-wraiths were connected to the Dark side and they wanted him to read the book regardless of any protections it had. He could feel them calling him through the book. He had been successful. He had broken through all of its safeguards; all it was costing him was his mind.

Dooku looked at the book, wanting to read it, knowing he could read it, he could see the Force signature of the Pah-wraiths all over it. Was this really what he wanted though? He knew what he wanted for the galaxy. He wanted a more ordered, more civilized galaxy. One were the Sith would maintain a peace and order that the Jedi had never been able to accomplish. Was that still what he would want with the Pah-wraiths? Was this power worth the cost?

Dooku resisted picking up the book for another moment and then felt powerless to avoid giving in.

-----

A sense of calmness and acceptance had come to Sisko. He could see that the same feeling was not shared by the young Jedi. “What’s wrong with Padme?” Sisko asked.

Anakin didn’t reply at first and Sisko didn’t think he was going to at all. “I had dream,” Anakin said finally, as if that explained everything.

“Of the future?” Sisko asked confused.

“Not if I can help it,” said Anakin.

Sisko gave a short almost pained laugh. “I would have done the same for Jennifer.”

Anakin didn’t say anything. Sisko thought of the Saratoga again. This time he thought of leaving Jennifer’s body there as he was dragged off. “Get back to her quickly. I’m sorry I took you away.”

Anakin finally turned to him. He gave a weak forced smile. “Good luck to you too. I hope these Prophets don’t have too much they want you to do.”

Sisko nodded. Anakin turned back around and hit a few buttons. “Are you going to help them like they want?”

The ship exited hyperspace. Sisko didn’t answer Anakin’s question. He clicked his combadge, “Sisko to Deep Space 9.”

After a few moments he heard Kira. “Captain, it’s good to hear your voice.”

“What’s going on?”

“The kai is dead. Someone broke into the interior archives and stole the Book of the Kosst Amojan. It’s said the book holds the secret to releasing the Pah-wraiths. There is panic all over Bajor and we’ve had at least 10,000 Bajorans asking where you are.”

“Prepare to beam me back.”

“Understood.”

Sisko saw Deep Space 9 approaching and he looked to Bajor. If he wanted to protect this, he was going to have to be prepared to make a sacrifice, to finally completely embrace his role as emissary.

“Are you ready Captain?”

“Belay the order,” said Sisko, slowly realizing the station wasn’t where he needed to head.

“Captain?”

“The Forest is still on the other side of the wormhole negotiating with the Dominion?”

“Yes.”

“Just in case, tell them to be prepared to beam me up.”

“Just in case…Ben what’s going on?”

“I’m not sure.” He paused for a minute. “Major, take care of the station. Sisko out.”

Anakin looked at Sisko, but didn’t question what had just gone on. The ship went past the station and the wormhole opened.

Anakin couldn’t help starring at the bright blue colors. The Force felt different here, as though its will was quite different here for some reason. The feeling didn’t disappear until he left the wormhole.

As the ship entered the Gamma Quadrant and the blue disappeared, Anakin turned around. Sisko was gone. Anakin didn’t dwell on it. Now wasn’t the time. Anakin calculated the jump to hyperdrive.
He was the last person ever to go through the wormhole.

----

Tebor 5 Research Center, Cardassia Prime, Dominion Space

Janice had been the lead scientist for this center for more than 20 years. Of all the things that had come here to be studied, nothing had ever fascinated her as much as the orbs from Bajor. She walked up to one now.

Years of study on the orbs or not, they really had discovered very little. Whatever secrets the Prophets kept, they hadn’t been revealed yet. “When did the spike in energy readings start?”

An aide spoke up, “About an hour ago…”

Both Janice and aide were cut off as the orb lifted itself up and burst through the air and through the roof. Ten minutes later, Cardassian ships detected it moving quickly away from the system on a course toward Bajor.

----

“Say that again,” said Kira to Odo over the comm.

“The orb is gone. Its case is still here, but it flew through the wall.”

Worf spoke up from behind his station. “I’ve detected the orb approaching a location on Bajor. It appears other orbs are joining it.”

“OK,” said Kira to herself. “Why?”

“Major!” said Worf. “I’m detecting major distortions in the wormhole.”

“On screen.”

The wormhole opened, and for a moment, Kira saw it bright and powerful. The blue was beautiful as it had always been.

Then it stared to fade. The wormhole remained opened, but its light seemed to dim. After a few seconds Kira couldn’t see it anymore.

“Report!”

Worf hit several buttons and looked at Kira in disbelief. “I’m not detecting any signs of the wormhole.”

----

Raje Adams walked along the bridge of Device B. The reports were coming in that the Malkans’ fleet would be here within the hour. President Monroe, is spite of many pleas from Admiral Rachelas refused to withdraw. Adams knew this meant the end of Destiny was approaching. Now was the time for him to make the raje title worth something again.

Adams ducked down as blaster fire went off all around the bridge. Half the command crew was knocked out before they knew what hit them. Adams looked up and nodded with satisfaction. So far, so good.

He spoke to one of the men still standing. “Do it quickly. I’ll be in the shuttle.”

Ten minutes later, Raje Adams was in a shuttle approaching the wormhole. It opened with the light grey color he had seen when it first appeared. Within 10 seconds though, the grey was replaced with a bright fire red. He entered the wormhole and slowed down.

“Who are you?” said someone behind him.

The raje turned around and gulped. This is what he wanted, but it was still startling to have someone appear like that with no warning. Even more startling was the man before him. He was glowing red; he almost seemed to be on fire.

“I am Raje Adams. I am the spiritual leader of the Constanians who live on the nearby planet. I am trying to make contact with the gods, or else someone else who can help us.”

The man looked at Adams for a good twenty seconds before responding. He smiled. “You wish to destroy your enemies.”

“Yes,” said the raje. “They threaten us unjustly. “Who are you?”

The man’s smile widened. As he did, Adams got the chills and goose bumps formed. “We are the Pah-wraiths. We will destroy your enemies, but we need to form a more permanent connection with your world outside of just this temple.”

“Temple? You mean the wormhole?”

“Yes, wormhole,” the being said absently. The man looked at Adams again, seemed to be reading him in some way the raje couldn’t see. “There is a place on your planet which should do nicely.”

“Good,” Adams said.

“If you want our help though, you’ll have to swear allegiance to us.”

Adams gulped, but didn’t back down. This is what he wanted. “I swear.”

----

On board the Salvation, Admiral Reachelas looked over the readings. The Malkans would be here soon and he had no doubt that his life would end then.

“Admiral! Device B has started sending signals toward the wormhole and it has affected the wormhole’s energy output. A shuttle has also entered the wormhole.”

Reachelas could see the whole thing in his head instantly. Adams had been spending too much time over there. He had never dreamed Adams would go this far, but he didn’t have a question who had done this. “Dam that fake raje. Transport troops onboard the station. Adjust the wormhole’s energy outputs back immediately.”

Reachelas went to a station and hit a few buttons. “Captain Strung. There is a shuttle in the wormhole. Destroy it!”

Several minutes passed and Rachelas received reports the bridge of Device B was secure. The crew was having difficulty switching the energy levels back though. Precise control of the wormhole had only been possible when both Device A and B had both been available. Still they tried and the wormhole started alternating between the fire red color and a new bright blue color.

-----

The man’s smiled faded. “We are losing our connection to your realm.”

Raje Adams looked panicked at his controls. The navy had responded quicker than expected.

The Pah-wraith started fading in and out. He grabbed Adams hands. Adams hands burned badly as something appeared in them. “Take this!” said the being. “It can only be read by you, the religious leader of your people. On the nearby planet, there is a cave which has the right composition to give us a full connection to your realm. Use blood to see these instructions. Once we have returned, we will destroy all of your enemies.”

The being started to fade completely and Adams hit the navigation buttons on his control panel.

As Adams exited the wormhole he was fired on. He dodged the next couple of blasts and took his shuttle into Destiny’s atmosphere.

---

“Admiral, the shuttle has left the wormhole. We still can’t get the energy level right.”

Rachelas shook his head. “No time for that now. Stop messing with it. I don’t want to draw the Malkans attention to the wormhole. Tell the crew of Device B to not let the station fall intact. Last thing we want is for the Malkans to have the ability to change the wormhole themselves. Once the current link is severed the wormhole should be independent right?”

“In theory yes,” said a scientist.

“Good. Now…”

Rachelas was stopped in mid-sentence as the screen switched to show a massive Malkan fleet entering the system.

“All hands prepare for battle.”

---

Captain Strung hit the shuttle again with a torpedo, but its shields were strong. It looked like it was trying to land, but Strung wasn’t going to let that happen. He fired again.

His communicator blinked and he listened to the raje’s message.

“I can save our people. Please just let me finish what I’ve started. The navy doesn’t need to be involved at all.”

Strung didn’t respond. His next shot hit perfectly and he saw the shields phase out for a moment. Good. Just one more blast should do it.

Strung got the ship in sight and paused for just a moment. Could the raje really save them? He shook his head. The gods had chosen not to reveal themselves and he would live with that decision even if it ended his people’s existence. He fired a perfect shot that penetrated the shields and hit the raje’s engine. The ship exploded and its lone occupant, the last raje of the Constanians died. The explosion left no piece of the ship bigger than a nickel with the exception of one lone book which fell to the ground seemingly undamaged.

Captain Strung took his shuttle back out of the atmosphere to engage in the main battle. As he came up, he saw thousands of enemy ships. They were inferior in design, but their numbers easily made up for their short-comings. He looked in another direction just in time to get one last look at the Salvation. They had travelled for 60 years to get here and succeeded in creating the wormhole, if not in contacting the gods. He personally had spent his entire life on that ship. Nothing of this world last forever though and the Salvation exploded.

---

Dooku laughed hard as he set the book down. All of this time with planning and sneaking around and tricking the Jedi was pointless. He would overpower them directly.

Dooku’s heard his communicator and picked it up annoyed. Palpatine appeared on the other side. Dooku dispensed with the normal signs of respect. “What do you want?”

“Darth Tyrannous, your mission has been a success. The Prophet’s connection to this universe has been severed. They have left behind toys which we must deal with, but no more.”

Successful? They hadn’t unlocked the true power here yet. “The Pah-wraiths have yet to be released. With them, we will be unstoppable.”

“I foresee no future for the Pah-wraiths in this universe.”

“Maste…” Dooku laughed. “Did you ever have any intention of keeping the promises you made to me, any of them?”

Sidious didn’t even attempt to hide his deceit. “No.”

“You would have killed me in the end.”

“Yes.”

Dooku smiled. “You will be my servant before this is over.”

Sidious didn’t smile. “You were a valuable pawn. You will be difficult to replace.”

Dooku crushed the communicator and Sidious disappeared. It was time to see who was the real master of the Dark Side. Dooku started walking to the fire caves.

---

It had taken hours, precious hours for Picard to work his way through the Republic’s chain of command and finally get to talk to someone who could actually do something. He had finished talking to a Jedi a few minutes ago and was now talking to Palpatine himself. “Yes, I am completely confident that the Borg are coming here in force.”

“How strong do you think they’ll be?”

“I don’t know, but the Borg wouldn’t send any fewer ships than they calculate will be needed.”

“Your Federation’s information so far has been extremely detailed and useful. I’m going to assume you are correct. Thank you Captain.”

----

“Padawan Nu, you undervalue your own skills. The Jedi need people with your skills more than they’ll ever need another expert with a lightsaber.”

Nu could see a burning camp fire.

“Master Nu, you will assume duties as the Chief Librarian of the Jedi Achieves.”

Nu saw a city burning.

“Master Nu,” said Dooku, “You are one of the few that really understand the problems the Jedi have.”
Nu could see a whole planet burning.

Nu pushed herself back into consciousness. She saw Bajoran doctors standing to the side. Halcyon was over her trying to use his healing techniques to help her recover.

She felt extremely weak, but pushed herself to sit-up anyway. She was in a hospital somewhere.

“You need to rest,” said one of the Bajoran doctors. “You’re lucky to be alive.”

Halcyon said, “She’s right. Even with the Force, you’ll need time here.”

Nu, in spite of a pounding headache ignored him. “We must get to the Fire Caves.”

The Bajorans seemed to take a jump back. Halcyon just said, “The Fire Caves?”

Nu moved her legs of the bed and concentrating with the Force tried to put weight on them. She could, but this wasn’t going to be a fun trip. “Dooku is going to try to release something the Bajorans call the Pah-wraiths. If he went to all this trouble, they must be real and of the Dark Side.”

Halcyon wanted to protest, but he knew no one would know better than the women in front of him. “All right, but I lead.”

----

Picard felt himself rematerializing on the Enterprises transporter pad. He was utterly exhausted, but he’d sleep in his ready room if he slept at all. He had spent the last couple of hours going over information about the Borg with Republic commanders. While he didn’t add much that hadn’t filtered back through the Republic forces in the Delta Quadrant, far from all were up to date on many of the strategies for effectively fighting the Borg.

Picard slept on the turbolift until he heard the door hiss open and walked onto the bridge. “Report.”

Data spoke up. “While we have difficulty differentiating all Republic military ships from their civilian counterparts and ships from other civilizations, I estimate that the Republic currently has almost 1200 capital ships, with the average mass about the same as the Enterprise. This is supplemented by tens of thousands of fighters which have left hanger bays.”

“Ships are continuing to arrive,” said Riker. “We’re also pretty sure the Republic has gotten a few allies who are supplying additional ships. There are better than 500 warp drive ships that have entered formation with the Republic ships.”

The red alert siren blared. Everyone looked to Data. “I am detecting a large mass of ships exiting hyperspace. It is the Borg.”

“On screen.”

The viewscreen was completely full of Borg ships. None of them had ever seen anything like this. “My God,” said Riker. “How many?”

“201 cubes sir.”
Last edited by Star Empire on 2012-02-03 07:08pm, edited 3 times in total.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

Luke Skywalker wrote:I am on chapter 6, and so far it's a very good read. Some nitpicks:

Why has no hassle of both galaxies having humans and speaking English been made?
Why are both sides so eager to trade away potentially dangerous techology?
The trading question is the simpler to answer. It basically that there are just too many moving part to be controlled. Not everything gets in the hands of everyone else, but if someone has never seen something like transporter technology or hyperdrive, and they are given a chance to get it, many would be willing to trade a lot for it if thinking it was something incredibly advanced. Both those technologies are common and would be easy to get later, but in the confusion and fear with the merging, that's not entirely clear to everyone and all it takes is a few people getting a hold of new technology and selling it for it to spread quickly. Again not everything gets out, but anything remotely common does and somethings less common. Edit: On top of that, this would be a golden age for pirates. Some from both galaxies are now in the middle of rich areas to steal things/technology.

As for humans and English. I'm assuming humans in Star Wars don't actually speak English just like I assume not all humans in Star Trek do. FaxModem1 said it best for Star Trek in that human like species are just so common there that it's not even noteworthy anymore. In Star Wars, I suppose it would be, but they are so concentrated on other things that it's not at the top of the list to investigate. Long term, the guess will probably be that's why the galaxies were paired. It's something I probably should have paid a bit more attention to already.
Last edited by Star Empire on 2012-01-15 04:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

English is common via Guideance of the Force.

Problem solved.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
DKeith2011
Padawan Learner

Post by DKeith2011 »

Let not forget that just about everyone in Trek has easy access to Universal Translator tech.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Re: The Merging (Star Trek, Star Wars crossover) Ch. 10 is u

Post by Star Empire »

Sorry, I'm a couple of days late on this. You can mostly blame the Hunger Game for that, as I just couldn't stop reading.

Chapter 11: Does the Center Hold?

Their Bajoran escorts had been left at the cave entrance. The Jedi knew there was nothing the Bajorans could do. Halcyon wonders if Nu will be any more help in the battle that is sure to come and would have preferred she stay behind too, but of course she refused.

The two are silent walking through the caves. Dooku hasn’t set any traps, but their guard can’t let up for a second. It took hours getting this far, but Halcyon feels the end approaching. He doesn’t dare say anything out loud, but he sends a message with the Force, “Master Nu, it has been a true honor working with you on this mission.” He means every word of it. Watching Nu is watching a true master at work, the likes of which he doesn’t expect to see again.

“The pleasure has been all mine,” she thinks back. Halcyon can feel her pain even as she thinks the words. Jedi or no, she is old and her body has taken a lot in the last day.

They turn a corner and see a wide opening. Dooku is pouring something over the edge. He turns to them. “Look what fate has sent me. Two Jedi to be the final sacrifice.”

----

We are the Borg.” A simple statement of who they are and why you should listen. “Lower your shields and surrender your vessels.” The logical next step of an encounter with the Borg. “Your culture will adapt to service us.” The promise for the future; heartless to everyone else, but to the Borg a promise that your culture will be put into something larger and more important. “Resistance is Futile.” The statement that the Borg will win and trying to avoid that outcome is pointless.

As the cubes approach Coruscant, the Republic ships break into groups. Each group is assigned a group of cubes. As had been recommended by Picard, each group is instructed to concentrate their fire on a single cube and eliminate it before concentrating on another. Behind the Republic ships, hundreds of Corta ships and a handful of other recent allies of the Republic set up position preparing to join in the next wave.

The Republic ships fire as soon as they are within range and the Borg do the same. The ships do not stop and soon the ships are intermixed. The first Republic ships to enter the fray quickly start to disappear, but the first line of Borg ships also start to look beaten up. Regeneration begins at remarkable speeds, but the Republic ships don’t let up and the Milky Way allies pull in and start their own assaults.

-----

Halcyon and Nu activate their lightsabers. Dooku laughs. “Master Nu, I spared you before. Are you sure you are ready for another round?”

Nu looks at Dooku. There was nothing odd about the words themselves, but the way he said them sounds so unlike himself. His natural charm is gone she realizes. In the Force, he feels like a completely changed person. What had happened to him? “You have gone mad Dooku. The Pah-wraiths will bring nothing but destruction. This is not what you said you wanted for the galaxy.”

Dooku laughs. “My imagination was too limited. Now I understand true power.” He pulls his lightsaber out and the red blade activates.

----

As the ships of the Republic and Borg fight, more than a hundred thousand commercial, government, and military vessels from thousands of worlds sit in another part of the solar system unsure of what to do. Some head to Coruscant trying to transport representatives back to their ships. Others are already setting course away from the system. Most are still watching, not sure how to respond. On the Enterprise, Picard looks at the numbers. “Estimation of the Republic’s odds?”

Data responds quickly with his calculations. “Difficult to say with available data and known Borg adaptation. Given the large number of Republic encounters with the Borg, I cannot estimate how quickly the Borg can continue to adapt or if they have already fully adapted to Republic weapons. I estimate the Republic stands somewhere between a 39.2% and a 48.3% change of repelling the invasion with its current force. If Republic reinforcements continue arriving at the rate they are now, the percent rises to between 49.9% and 60.7%.”

Picard shook his head. If Coruscant fell now, their best hope of a force cable of fighting the Borg would be greatly diminished. The Republic had a galaxy worth of resources to call on, but so many of its forces had been sent to the Delta Quadrant or elsewhere in the galaxy. It had only been hours between his warnings getting through and now and…and a loss here could send them into complete disarray.

“Data prepare to coordinate the movement of thousands of ships.”

“Sir?”

“Just do it.”

Data moved to a side station and started hitting a number of buttons.

“Lt. Slaughter, open a channel to all non-engaged ships.”

“Yes sir,” said the tactical offer. It took a few moments before saying, “Ready sir.”

“This is Captain Picard of the Federation Starship Enterprise. The Republic is currently fighting the Borg. They are a cybernetic race who control a substantial portion of the Delta Quadrant. The goal of the Borg is to assimilate the entire galaxy, to take all intelligent life in the galaxy and turn it into Borg.”

Picard pauses for just a moment and speaks slower. “I know most of you know little or nothing of the Borg. I know getting involved in a battle of this kind violates orders you have and would risk your life.”

“I also know though that the Borg are enemies to all life. Their message wasn’t just sent to Republic ships; it was sent to everyone here. It has been sent to thousands of worlds who have never done anything except provide the Borg with a target they deem worthy of assimilation. If you leave, they will not stop here. If you leave, the most organized force ever to oppose them might be eliminated and we will regret this day for the rest of our lives. Today we have the chance to stand up and stop the Borg.”

“If you are willing to fight the Borg with us, send a message to the Enterprise. We are organizing a fleet to support the Republic and will be leaving momentarily.”

Picard waits about 30 seconds and turns to Data, who is quickly clicking through the controls. “Sir, we have already received word from almost a 1000 ships asking to help.”

Picard turns to the screen. He knows many of those 1000 will do little more than provide cannon fodder, but maybe they could make a difference. “Give them and any additional ships patterns to follow and ships to target.”

“Helm, set a course for the battle.”

------

Halcyon and Nu charge forward together, lightsabers held high. Dooku slides to his left giving him a chance to focus on Nu alone for a few strokes. She blocks the first one fine, but the strength behind the 2nd one knocks her back. Dooku’s lightsaber drives toward her.

Halcyon dives forward and put his lightsaber between Dooku and Nu. The blade saves Nu by inches. Dooku withdraws and Halcyon attacks back.

Dooku lets himself be driven back some. Halcyon is younger and more powerful. Dooku is patient, deflecting each attacked.

----

The Enterprise led the next wave against the Borg. More than 4000 ships, some tagging behind a little, approached the battle. Among the ships were some small ones with minimal fire-power, but they were accompanied by powerful Milky Way ships wanting to make a good impression on the Republic, Delta Quadrant civilization ships who wanted nothing more than to be part of this fight, Republic merchant ships worried about those they cared about on Coruscant or in the Delta Quadrant, and some who simply deduced that the Borg were what they had been claimed and worth fighting.

Picard looked over a console. “Data, focus our efforts on the cubes in grid 7. That will give the Republic some relief without us overcrowding them.”

Phasers, torpedoes, distributors, turbolasers, and ion cannons from the new fleet hit the cubes. As they do, Republic and allied ships successfully finished off the rest of the front line cubes. The odds have turned completely against the Borg.

-----

Dooku had been allowing himself to circle, waiting for an attack from Halcyon that was just slightly too powerful. He feels it finally come and Dooku counters it and takes a small step to the right. His swing almost hits Halcyon.

Nu reenters the fight at that time though coming at Dooku from the side. Dooku gives a Force push to Halcyon just as Nu’s blade comes at him. He doesn’t try to block it.

Dooku drops to the ground and swings his lightsaber at Nu’s legs, cutting clean through them midway between her knees and ankle. Nu falls to the ground hard with her eyes closing in pain.

Halcyon comes at Dooku, but the Sith is ready for him with his lightsaber up. Dooku mockingly says, “It was so nice working with her wasn’t it?”

-----

Picard asks, “How many cubes are left?”

“32 cubes are still functional enough to attack. Most have suffered severe damage and lost substantial mass.”

“Don’t let ships be ignored just because they can’t fire right now, even if they are just a small section of the original cube.”

-----

Halcyon pushes aside his feelings of hurt and anger. They will do him no good. Nu fought well given her state, and he might still be able to save her later.

Halcyon knows Dooku will win this if it is a long drawn out fight. Dooku is the more experienced one and less likely to make a mistake over an extended period. A quick fight though might be different. Halcyon knows he needs to be quick and over-power Dooku. He swings again and again, not giving Dooku a chance to attack back or rest. Dooku blocks each blow.

Halcyon decides to take a new approach. He starts forcing Dooku toward the edge of the cliff edge. He does a quick jab to the left and then a swing to the right. Dooku anticipated the 2nd attempt and does a summer salt to the other side of Halcyon.

Halcyon turns around quick. He would have blocked a lightsaber attack easily. Dooku, still on the ground, uses Force lightning though hitting Halcyon a split second before he can get his lightsaber up. Halcyon is stunned by the lighting, pushed over the side, and falls to his death.

-----

Picard watched on the viewscreen as pieces of the last cube disintegrated. Clapping could be heard around the bridge and he couldn’t help smiling.

“Remind the Republic flagship that all ships need to be checked for Borg.”

Picard walked over to Data.

He saw thousands of dots on the screen. He noticed a few by Coruscant. “What are those ships?”

“Republic ships mostly sir.” Data hit a few buttons. “They were severely damaged in battle and sought safety behind the planet’s shields.” Data’s voice dropped a note on that last part.

Picard had warned them to keep them away from the planet. There had been so much though; it must have slipped their minds. “Contact the planet. Tell them we may have a problem.”

----

Nu watched Halcyon fall and could feel the triumph Dooku felt. Now was the only chance she would have. She concentrated on her still lit lightsaber sitting on the ground and used the Force to push it toward Dooku. Normally he would have easily blocked it, but he had been too focused on his triumph and only responded at the last minute. The lightsaber went through part of his side and he dropped to the ground, unable to believe what had just happened. He was going to die.

----

Drones continued to arrive in the secure building. The planet’s shields and control of all emergency systems could be controlled from this location if necessary. Their immediate goal was to assimilate all systems here.

-----

Nu saw Dooku collapse to the ground and felt his life draining. She wouldn’t survive long enough to escape here in all likelihood either, but her life was a small sacrifice to stop Dooku now. She thought of the Achieves. This would be a story all the younglings would go look up. She smiled.

Nu looked back at Dooku. All of a sudden the life came back into him. No, more than just his life had returned to him.

He stared at her for a second. “You thought you won.”

Nu burst into flames, killed instantly.
Last edited by Star Empire on 2012-02-03 07:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Re: The Merging (Star Trek, Star Wars crossover) Ch. 11 is u

Post by Star Empire »

By the way, I really did hate to kill those two. I didn't know much about them before I started writing and it really felt like I got to breathe life into them.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, that we a nice climax. I really enjoyed how it seemed that both battles were the exact same in style, until the end, when Nu died. And while I liked Nu, her and Halcyon's death show the danger that Dooku now represents. And Nu got a nice moment at the end there.

Picard is the perfect choice for rallying everyone to fight the Borg. And both battles seemed to have been false victories for the good guys. I await the next chapter.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

FaxModem1 wrote:Well, that we a nice climax. I really enjoyed how it seemed that both battles were the exact same in style, until the end, when Nu died. And while I liked Nu, her and Halcyon's death show the danger that Dooku now represents. And Nu got a nice moment at the end there.

Picard is the perfect choice for rallying everyone to fight the Borg. And both battles seemed to have been false victories for the good guys. I await the next chapter.
Picard is definitely setting himself up as someone people will be watching. I couldn't give to Halcyon too, but I wanted Nu to have one last happy monument.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

Since I was a little late on the last chapter, I figured I’d be a little early on this one. Of the two climax chapters, I think this one is definitely the stronger. Enjoy.

Chapter 12: To Steal a Soul

Over a period of thousands of years, the orbs had left the wormhole and landed on Bajor. While the orbs were the most important artifacts in the Bajoran religion and while the Prophets had revealed much to the Bajorans (and learned much themselves), the full purpose of them had never been revealed. As the last orb took its place, no real answers were provided to the Bajorans, but more questions would arise to be studied in the coming years.

All nine known orbs were now in a circle around a mile of uninhabited Bajoran dessert. In the center of the nine, a 10th previously unknown of orb sat, the Orb of the Emissary.

The center orb started to disappear and as it did, a figure started to appear. Benjamin Sisko looked around at the dessert around him. He reached down and picked up some sand and let it fall between his fingers. He laughed. It felt good to be back.

----

Coruscant had fewer Jedi on it than at any time in the last 1000 years. Jedi had been sent all over the galaxy, negotiating peace treaties and dealing with the many issues that threatened the peace, justice, and order of the galaxy. In spite of this, the planet had not been deprived of its greatest defenders. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda were in a ship travelling to one of the core building of the Republic.

“The building was designed not to be able to be scanned,” said Obi-Wan to assembled Jedi.

Yoda reached out with the Force. “Thousand, more Borg there are.”

“Timing is of the essence,” said Obi-Wan. “Most of the building in well underground and extends a long way in all directions. We can’t take it out from the air without causing several millions deaths. If we don’t act quickly though, they won’t have a choice. We also don’t know if they have penetrated other areas of the planet and we may be called on elsewhere.”

The assembled Jedi nodded.

---

It was agony for Anakin. He knew time was slipping. He could feel it was almost gone somehow, but he still had 10 minutes of hyperdrive before even entering the system. He hit a few buttons and adjusted his coordinates. He would cut this as close as possible, danger or no.

----

The ships descended and almost the entire complement of Coruscant’s remaining Jedi and older Padawan’s rushed out. Yoda led one group through a passage that would more quickly lead to the lower more secure levels. Obi-Wan led a group in a more direct route straight into the facility.

That is when Obi-Wan got his first up close look at the Borg. He had sensed them before, but now was able to see the people who had lost everything to the collective in more personal way. The feeling of the Force was strange; two conflicting presences in the same person. “Our primary objective is to eliminate the building of Borg. If you see a way to save someone do it, but we can’t slow down.”

----

Picard looked at the tactical display and noticed weapons fire. “Put that on screen.”

The viewscreen showed a Republic ship in orbit of Coruscant. It was being fired at by half a dozen other Republic ships and from the ground. It had to be causing damage on the ground and killing a number of people, but still the Republic was fighting back. The screen shifted to another ship being fired at, and then another.

“Captain,” said Lt. Slaughter. “Almost a dozen Republic ships within the planets shields are being targeted.”

Picard nodded. Destroying them had to have been a difficult choice, but he couldn’t argue with it, not with the danger the Borg posed. He would have done the same.

Picard had already sent them all known suggestions on battling Borg close up. “No reports of other locations the Borg have beamed to?”

Data said, “Not at present sir.”

Good. One spot would be easier to contain the Borg than multiple.

“Incoming transmission from Ambassador Spock.”

“On screen.”

“Captain Picard,” said Spock. “I am aware that Borg are on Coruscant.”

“That is correct, but try not to spread the word. A panic will do us no good.”

“A logical choice. Captain, might I suggest another action.”

Anything that would let them do more than sit on their hands was a welcome suggestion for Picard. “I would love to hear it.”

“The USS Voyager is in the system and has both an ex-drone and doctor who has removed Borg equipment. Your own doctor has done the same. I suggest setting up secure areas to remove parts from assimilated drones. We would be unable to do a large number, but even unassimiliating a small number will be received very well by the Republic.”

Picard nodded. The security procedures would have to be very tight. “Thank you Mr. Spock. We will do so.”

“Mr. Slaughter transmit the plan to Voyager and ask if they believe their security measures are up to the task and then hail the planet. Number 1, Data, Slaughter, after that get down with Doctor Crusher and make preparations.”

-----

Anakin felt his ship dropping out of hyperspace. He had to do a quick spin to avoid a piece of a ship. He had cut it as close as he could and was almost on top of Coruscant’s shields. He hit an activation code to let him pass through a portion of shield, but the code was rejected.

----

The Republic had destroyed every ship which it had detected any Borg presence on within the shields. If they had acted a minute earlier, the 2nd location the Borg targeted wouldn’t have been hit at all. If they had acted 30 seconds sooner, many fewer drones would have made it to the location. As things stood though, the Borg had succeeded in installing transporters on two of their partially assimilated ships. They sent this next wave of drones to a part of the planet they calculated the Republic would be unlikely to hit with an attack from space. They sent a large number of drones to the office buildings of the Galactic Senate.

-----

Dooku looked at the almost disappeared corpse of Nu and laughed. The caves erupted into a massive fire and collapsed. The rubble avoided Dooku though, simply pushed him up toward the surface. He saw the blue sky and a Bajoran city in the distance.

Now was going to be the time to unleash the full furry of the Pah-wraiths.

“Hello Count Dooku.”

Dooku turned. Understanding struck his face. “Yes, of course. The Emissary of the Prophets. They left you to complete their work.”

“You could say that.”

With a smile, Dooku said, “And what is the first thing they’ll have you do?”

“They didn’t exactly give me a list, but I think the first thing I’m going to do is remove the Pah-wraiths from this universe.”

Dooku shook his head. “You may be my last real challenge. This will be enjoyable.”

----

Padme looked through the last details flowing in. Captain Panaka turned to her with a half-smile. “The Jedi just arrived and are fighting the Borg. The reports don’t make it sound like the Borg advance has been quick enough for them to infiltrate the deeper areas.”

Padme nodded. “Good.” She turned to her other aides. “We need to start anticipating the Senate’s reaction to this attack. Obviously a strong effort against the Borg is going to be needed, but there is probably going to be suggestions…”

Alarms went off. Security from outside rushed inside and Captain Panaka rushed to the door, initiating several locking sequences.

“What is it now?”

“Borg have entered the building. We need to lock down this room.”

“Here? How?”

“I don’t know, but they are on the floor above us.”

“Please head to the back of the room Senator.” Two of her handmaidens almost forced her back. Padme could hear automatic blaster fire in the background.

---

“Let me through right now, or you are going to have a seriously pissed off Jedi.”

The shield officer wasn’t comfortable in this spot at all. “I can’t sir. Everything has been overridden to block any drop in the shields until the remaining ships have been thoroughly checked for presence of Borg.”

Anakin could feel the anger boiling over. His time was almost gone.

The officer on the other end hit several buttons. “Wait.”

“What?” said Anakin, not sounding like a Jedi at all.

“The shields have been overridden to allow a few ships with Borg removal experience to pass through. I’ll send you the coordinates and report you are going through, but I don’t know they won’t fire on you.”

“It doesn’t matter,” said Anakin. He could avoid whatever they would throw at him.

----

Flames erupted around Sisko, but he just stood there. Sisko knew this wasn’t a battle to prolong long. The Pah-wraiths power would only grow and continue to overwhelm Dooku. Still he needed to let Dooku use up a little energy, to let his defenses drop a little.

Sisko talks to Dooku. “You choose the wrong side of this fight. The Prophets understood the Pah-wraiths better than the Pah-wraiths ever understood the Prophets.”

Mildly amused Dooku said, “The Prophets didn’t understand this universe. Even the concept of time escaped their grasp.” Flames erupted around Sisko again, 20 feet high closing in on him, but they did no damage.

“No. But the Prophets understood the Force.”

----

Anakin’s ship caught up to the Enterprise and Voyager just before they went through the shields. One thing actually went right for a change and he wasn’t fired on by anyone. The officer he had talked to had apparently been competent. Anakin brought his ship into a very steep dive toward the Senate.

-----

The drones broke through the door. Security fired everything they had at them, but the Borg had adapted to these weapons and the power was simply not high enough to overcome their personal shields.

Padme watched as a drone pushed some kind of needle into Captain Panaka. She grabbed her own blaster.

---

Some think that claims of adaptation to the contrary, the Borg try the same tactics over and over again. While those arguments aren’t entirely without merit, they mostly stem from the Borg being slow to adapt to specific situations rather than their general protocols being inefficient. Many adaptations also go unnoticed. For instance, the average Borg on Coruscant, like Borg on any planetary mission, was equipped with more than 200 times the standard complement of nanoprobes. Meanwhile drone shields had been specifically set up to deter all common Republic weapons (adding additional weapons would increase the needed power output to inefficient levels).

Once on the planet however, the Borg find it almost impossible to adapt to one element: the Jedi. The Borg tried concentrating fire, surrounding the Jedi and attacking physically, larger explosions, and variants of those attacks, but they find the Jedi impossible to stop. Nothing has been successful and no ability to adapt to the lightsaber is discovered in spite of multiple hits.

Obi-Wan slices through a drone and reaches for his communicator. “What is it?”

Yoda speaks. “Borg, in the Senate there are. Take group. Too, sending most of mine.”

“In the Senate,” says Obi-Wan horrified. “That won’t leave you with many to fight here.”

“Manage we will.”

Obi-Wan directs the Jedi out.

----

Anakin activates the landing gear and jumps out on the floor even before the ship is down. He rushes inside and sees his first drone. It is split in two in less than a second. Anakin rushes down the hall. Drone after drone try to engage him, but to say they are no match, would be an understatement. His lightsaber cuts through them and he dodges around them when that will save more time. At last he is to Padme’s office.

There is a large hole where an explosion had gone off. He sees scattered remains of drones. He also sees other drones installing new equipment. He sees Padme. He can feel the dual nature of her now. She is trapped inside, but her thoughts are of the Borg, the Borg control her.

Anakin’s anger snaps. He jumps towards the drones and decapitates the first one, the man who had once been Captain Panaka. The others come at him and in a spinning move he takes more of them out immediately. He slices through another and then grabs another with the Force, choking it, putting all of his anger into the drone. The drone drops to the ground dead.

Only one drone remains and comes at him. Padme doesn’t even fully have the Borg equipment installed, but she has most of it. As Padme pushes her assimilation tubes toward Anakin, he grabs her arms and holds them away. It takes the Force to withstand her new strength.

A tear drops down his cheek. “Padme. Padme.”

She keeps trying to free herself, to assimilate him.

The anger returns to Anakin. This is what the Borg do. They turn your loved ones against you. They had to be destroyed. He felt the Borg parts in Padme. He didn’t know the name, but he felt the nanoprobes and equipment connecting her to the collective. He turned his anger toward those pieces of technology. Padme started to shake and after a moment, she passed out.

---

Obi-Wan had been leading Jedi through the Senate as effectively as possible clearing out the Borg. All of a sudden he knows he needs to get to Padme. For some reason, he can feel Anakin there. He goes to an elevator. It’s off, but he uses the Force to push himself up a section at a time until he is on Padme’s floor. He rushes down the corridor.

---

Anakin looks at Padme. They had done this to her. The Borg had done this and they needed to pay. There was more Borg down the hall. He looked toward them anger boiling. He started to stand up when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He turned and saw Obi-Wan. “Look what they did to her! Those things!”

“I know,” said Obi-Wan understandingly. “Right now you need to take care of Padme though. If we don’t help her now then they win.”

Anakin looked back at Padme. The nanoprobes were gone, but the layers of technology were still on her. She also felt very weak. Whatever he had done to her may have consequences.

Anakin forced his anger down. He had to save Padme. Everything else, even justice, was secondary.

Obi-Wan sensed Anakin’s anger calming and said, “I am going to send you to a ship which can get that stuff off of her. Are you ready?”

Anakin doesn’t make any movement at all, but Obi-Wan hit his communicator. “Two to take up. One assimilated, but has been disabled. She requires immediate medical help and is a very important Senator. A Jedi is accompanying her.”

Anakin and Padme vanished.

---

Sisko walked toward Dooku. Flames 100 feet high tried to engulf him, and now Sisko starts to feel their effect in spite of his efforts. “Count Dooku, you can break out of this. Don’t let the Pah-wraiths control you. Is this really what you want?”

Dooku shook his head. “This whole universe will be for the Pah-wraiths and I will be its leader.”

It was too late then, far too late probably. Dooku, whatever kind of man he had been before this was gone. The Pah-wraiths had him twisted him into their puppet, just as Sisko had worried the Prophets might use him.

Sisko kept walking toward Dooku. The heat was melting rocks around him and as useless as it was Sisko started to sweat. “I told you the Prophets understood the Pah-wraiths. You can’t win this way.”

The flames were half a mile high and had to be causing damage to Bajor. They descended down onto Sisko and the rocks turned molten. Sisko was pushed back, but someone managed to keep standing. He walked up to Dooku, not 10 feet away now.

Dooku wasn’t laughing now. He tried to boil Sisko with the lava. Sisko grimaced and fell to a knee, but didn’t sink into the lava. The concentration in Sisko’s eyes didn’t disappear.

Sisko pushed aside the screaming pain urging him to leave. He focused on Dooku’s connection to the Pah-wraiths. A small, small part of Dooku still resisted, and that was all that stood against them being released in their full might.

Sisko concentrated on the connection between Dooku and Pah-wraiths. The book was useless now, it’s mission fulfilled, now all that connected them to this world was their connection to Dooku. Sisko felt that connection in his mind…and broke it.

Dooku’s face turned momentarily stunned and then the lava destroyed him.

----

At first Anakin had wanted to lash out at the thought of an ex-drone being here, at her being the one to be part of removing this from Padme. Then he had realized that was what Padme was now too. Fortunately the equipment hadn’t been as ingrained as in this women and Padme looked almost normal again. The medical issues had been serious, but the doctor, who didn’t even appear to exist in the Force, had been excellent.

Now Anakin watched Padme sleep, vowing to never let anything happen to her again.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Re: The Merging (Star Trek, Star Wars crossover) Ch. 13 is u

Post by Star Empire »

This is the last chapter for episode I. I've been thinking through it and finally feel like I'm happy with my ideas through the later episodes (it will be a 6 part story overall). I hope to post the first part of Episode II next Friday, but have a class I have to prepare to teach so might not make it. We'll see.

Below this chapter will be a preview of the next episode and then I'll post my original story below that in case anyone is interested.

---

Chapter 13: End of the Beginning

Padme protested loudly, “You’re not leaving the Jedi!” She was ordered to bed rest and still weak, but got up protesting.

“Yes I am,” said Anakin. “I couldn’t protect you today because I was a Jedi and I’m not going to let that happen again.”

“We are going to have a massive war. You know that?”

“Yes, but protecting you is more important.”

“Anakin, everything we love is at stake. I won’t walk away from the Senate knowing what needs to be done and you can’t do this either.”

“I’m going to the Temple to tell Obi-Wan now.”

With that Anakin walked out the door, ignoring Padme’s cries to turn around.

----

Palpatine was in front of thousands of Milky Way representatives and Republic officials and being broadcast all over the galaxy. While most were still recuperating in hospitals, among the audience were a few members of the Senate who had been unassimiliated and still showed scars from their battles. They were featured almost as prominently as Palpatine. “Ladies and gentlemen, two days ago, Coruscant faced what could have been the worst disaster in its long history. It could have been completely destroyed. Thanks to the brave actions and sacrifices of many, it continues to live.”

Applause can be heard around the room.

“Now we must look to the future. Republic, independent and Milky Way worlds in the Delta Quadrant continue to be seized and this assault here shows the Borg will not stop in the Delta Quadrant. We have sent details of the Borg, their actions, and their tactics to every civilization that we have encountered and by now all should know that the Borg are a threat to all life.”

The room was completely silent. “We have one chance to rid the galaxy of the threat of the Borg. Right now, the Republic is united and preparing for war. Planetary fleets are being organized into Republic fleets. Ships are being built, troops being trained. All of the resources of the Republic will be turned to defeating this threat to everyone.”

Palpatine looked around the audience, as if addressing everyone individually. “The Republic cannot do this alone though. We need help, and I am asking everyone to consider what you can do. Today, I am announcing the formation of the Grand Coalition. All Milky Way worlds are invited to join and asked to contribute as much as you can to this battle with the Borg.”

There were quiet murmurs, people talking about whether to get involved. Palpatine allowed it for a moment and then continued. “There are many to thank for the success in the Battle of Coruscant, far too many heroes for me to name now. There is one man who above any other though needs mentioned. One man who gave us advanced warning of the Borg coming, who gave us advice on how to prepare, who recognized a danger on the planet that had been overlooked, who organized a fleet of ships which tipped the scales in our favor, and who led an effort to save assimilated members of the Senate. This man is Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the United Federation of Planets.”

A spotlight went over Picard and a roar of applause could be heard all around the room. Picard had not been informed of this and not prepared. He stood and nodded his thanks.

The clapping continued until Palpatine started again. “Captain Picard, the Grand Coalition will need a leader. It will need someone who understands the Borg, who understands diplomacy, and who understands war. I can think of no better person in the entire galaxy to lead it than you. Will you accept this position?”

Picard was speechless for a second. He had expected a call for galactic unity, but he had assumed it would be led entirely by the Republic. Here he was though with a chance to lead an entire galaxy’s worth of forces against the Borg. He knew Starfleet wouldn’t approve of him just accepting this without consulting them. He didn’t care. If he had to resign his commission he would do so. This was more important than him, more important than Starfleet politics.

The room was silent, waiting for a response. “It would be an honor Chancellor.”

The room erupts into applause and Picard knows he’s just accepted a nightmare.

----

Anakin walked out of Padme’s apartment, but he wasn’t in the hallway. He felt the wind against his face and sand hitting him. He was on Tatooine.

Anakin saw the sun reflecting on the desert around him and Mos Eisley in the distance. He activated his lightsaber.

A familiar voice spoke, “You won’t need that.”

Anakin was surprised at who he saw. “Captain Sisko.”

“Just be Ben now please. Good job in saving Padme.”

“I wasn’t in time to stop what I saw.”

“No, but you were in time for the most important thing, for saving her life.”

“I’m done being a Jedi.”

“That is your choice and I won’t argue it. It will even make my job easier. If you want to remain being one though, I promise to keep an eye on her when you are gone.”

Anakin saw a speeder race across to the spaceport.

“You can do that?”

“Yes.”

“I thought you were just a Federation captain.”

“I’ve learned a lot since we last saw each other.”

Sisko looked to the city. “I can’t do everything you can. I have no precognition for instance.”

“But you transported me across the galaxy…And you can keep Padme safe?”

“I can keep my mind focused on a couple individuals and see the dangers around them.”

Anakin thought of the Borg. Maybe he could fight them after all.

“Anakin I do have to warn you, someone is trying to push you to the Dark Side. I don’t know who, but the dreams you’ve had have not been coincidences.”

“I gave in, in the Senate.”

Sisko nodded. “Your emotions, your love and determination are part of the reason you were chosen by the Force and why you are the one I need to help me.”

“Help you with what?”

“To finish the Merging.”

“How do I do that?”

“By bringing balance to the Force.”

----

To be continued in Star Trek and Star Wars Episode II: Necessary Wars
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Re: The Merging (Star Trek, Star Wars crossover) last chapte

Post by Star Empire »

Preview of Episode II. Warning: This contains small spoilers. It is also a teaser trailer so things will not happen exactly as they appear here. Skip if you want to.

Palpatine: The Borg are a threat to all life.

A small ship of refuges look out the window and sees a huge fleet of Republic and Milky Way ships.

Palpatine: They have attacked hundreds of innocent worlds in the last month and a half.

Borg fleet assimilates a Republic planet.

Palpatine: But now we will strike back.

Picard on the bridge of the Enterprise, obviously going on little rest and surrounded by various generals. “Give the fleet the order. It’s finally time. Engage.”

Dozens of fleets engage various Borg positions.

The founder looks at Nute Gunray. “You need us more than we need you. We might be willing to help though.”

Sisko throws a baseball to Anakin. “You need to start looking at the Force differently.”

Ships fire from orbit at the Jedi as drones approach him from every direction. “You will be assimilated.”

Padme stands in the Senate. “In the face of such obstacles we cannot lose focus or react in anger.”

Obi-Wan rushes to the front to engage the Borg himself.

The Borg Queen appears on the screen of the Enterprise to Picard’s shock. “Greetings galaxy…”

“What happened?” says Palpatine to Picard.

Picard answers, “They adapted.”

“I can’t give you much time,” says Palpatine. “The Grand Coalition is falling apart and we are running out of options.”
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

I'm trying to get the originals story on a separate page, so here are a few notes to close out this page.

1. My plan is for this to be a 6 part story and after a long time of not being happy with my ideas for the later episodes, I'm finally satisfied.

2. Official cannon for this story only includes the Star Wars movies, but I'll take a few elements I really like from the books.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

For the record,The Merging is very different from Chuch Sonnenburg's (SFDebris's) Unity. I won't say what that is in case you haven't read that story, but if you haven't I highly recommend it. It is one of the best stories I've read period anywhere.