Return of the Exiles (SW/ Gundam SEED crossover)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Return of the Exiles (SW/ Gundam SEED crossover)

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I am just posting this here to see if anyone will read it. And fair warning, I gave the SEED weapons more power on SW ships than they actually would have, reason being it would be no fun if a half-destroyed Carrack could walk over the entire SEED navy. I am well aware that any SW ship would win against every SEED ship, but this is a crossover, not a Vs. so neither side will own the other. Plus this way the SEED people will actually have an effect of the Civil War, since otherwise Earth would just be a backwater planet with no worth to either side. So please no flames on how the SW ships are weaker than they should be. And I will answer any questions anyone has.

Chapter 1

Commander Yzak Joule was a man on a mission. Not an important mission, but a mission none the less. His team was the most elite one in ZAFT, but he still got some menial missions. Take for example this one; he was relegated to patrolling for pirates at L5. He could understand why, a lot of pirate groups had popped up following the Second Bloody Valentine War. But that didn’t mean he liked this. Yzak thrived on action and difficult missions.
So it was that he was actually happy when the Voltaire’s sensors picked up an old freighter of pre-Bloody Valentine vintage.

“Watch the bridge, I’m launching too.” Yzak told his Captain, who nodded in response.

Once Yzak launched in his Green Frame Astray, he was joined by the rest of his team. Dearka Elsman was in his Blast Buster; Nicol Amalfi was in the Gold Frame, Tanya Alexandrof was in her Blaze ZAKU Phantom, while Dmitry Smith was in his GUAIZ R, and finally Yuki Abarai was on loan from Orb with a custom Murasame.

The transport across from this formidable group had stopped and sent a code identifying itself as the Mary Rose.

“Transport Mary Rose this is Yzak Joule of ZAFT, stand by for boarding.” Yzak ordered.

The transport did stop, but something was off. That was proved correct soon enough.

“Hey Yzak, something’s wrong here, this ships hull looks off.” Nicol said, the Gold Frame being under Mirage Colloid.

“Yeah I noticed that t…” Yzak started. But before he could finish the hull of the Rose broke apart, revealing a dozen Windams! That marked this as a well off pirate group… most only had Daggers or GINNs. But Windams or not, they were still up against the best team ZAFT had.

Without even needing to be ordered, the Joule team split, each machine picking a target. Dearka locked onto two of the Windams, and used the Busters cannons to take them down. Nicol fired his riffle into the rose, the repeated shots taking out the ship. The mass produced suit pilots of the team formed a circle and shot anything that got close.
Yzak for his part, charged right at the Windams. His first two shots were incredibly accurate and took down two of the Windams. Once of the Mass Produced machines tried to get behind him, but Yzak pulled a one-eighty and threw a boomerang, the pink blade carving through the Windam destroying it.

Yzak then chased another Windam. The enemy machine copied Yzak’s move and pulled a sharp turn to shoot him, forcing Yzak to dodge. The silver haired pilot fired back, but the Windam just dodged. The two machines started to circle each other, both pilots looking for an opening. Yzak charged first, saber drawn. The Windam countered with its own blade. As the two machines clashed together over and over again, Yzak finally found an advantage to exploit. Faster than the eye could follow, the Windam was reduced to a floating torso, limbs scattered everywhere. When he looked around, Yzak saw two other Windams in similar shape, with only wreckage to mark the others.

“Damage reports?” Yzak asked.

“I’m okay, out of missiles though.” Dearka reported. “Same here.” Tanya said. “I took some hits, nothing serious though.” Dmitry said. “Okay here, no hits.” Nicol and Yuki reported.

“Okay then, Dmitry get you’re machine checked out, the rest of you get back to the Voltaire, and someone grab those Windams.” Yzak ordered. His team complied, though Dmitry grumbled at being singled out. After a while the Voltaire continued on its patrol.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cardooine System, 1BBY~
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Rebel Star Destroyer, Redemption was fleeing an attack. After picking up a group of Jedi refugees it was ambushed by a Victory class Star Destroyer, Mauler. This wouldn’t have been a threat if not for the fact that the Redemption was an old Venator that hadn’t had any upgrades since the Clone Wars. The Mauler was an up to date Victory II class ship, so it was much better off. So the Rebels had no choice but to flee. On the bridge it was a scene of chaos.

“Shields are down to 75%!” the tactical officer yelled.

“Engines are at 110%! If we push them any harder they’ll blow!” the engineering officer yelled.

“Are we losing them at all?!” Sunri Oceanrider the Captain asked.

“We are for now, but our shields can’t take this forever!” the tac officer yelled back over the din.

“What about our fighters?” Sunri asked.

The other officer shook his head. “No good, the first shot hit our hanger and wrecked the fighters.”

When he said that, a particularly violent tremor shook the Redemption.

“Shields down to 50%!” another officer yelled.

“Is our fire doing anything to them?” Sunri asked.

“Their shields are going down too, but we just don’t have enough weapons to properly fight back!” the tac officer replied.

“Why haven’t we gone to hyperspace yet?” a Jedi asked as he entered the bridge.

“General Skywalker, we can’t without a proper plot.” Sunri said.

“Well my droid has one.” Anakin Skywalker said.

“Why didn’t you tell us sooner?!” Sunri yelled as R2-D2 rolled up to plot a jump. As the droid was though, a tremor shook the ship.

“The Hyperdrive just took a hit!” an officer yelled.

“Can we jump?” Sunri asked.

“Yes but only once till we make repairs.” The engineer yelled.

“Then jump already!” Sunri ordered.

“Wait! R2 isn’t done yet!” Anakin yelled, but it was too late, the Redemption made a blind jump.

“Anything out of the ordinary?” he asked.

“No sir, scopes are cl… wait something just appeared.” The captain answered.

“What, but the scopes were clear? Maybe they have an MC cloak?” Yzak said.

“No idea sir, do you want to check it out?” the Captain asked.

“Of course, we can’t leave a Cloak in the wrong hands.” Yzak replied irritably. And with that that ZAFT team started on a meeting with destiny.

“Judging from the stars, somewhere in Wild Space.” Anakin answered after checking the Nav console, “And it looks like we stumbled on a new space race. There are satellites and ships all over the place, along with some sort of interference.”

“Did we lose the Imperials though?” Sunri asked.

“For now…” Anakin sighed, “but who knows for how long.”

“How are our shields and weapons?” the Captain asked.

“Not good, we only have 35% shields and a handful of Turbolasers.” Anakin answered.

“Any signs of another ship close by?” Sunri asked.

“Yeah, I’ll get a visual now.” Anakin answered.

On the viewscreen a blue vessel appeared, unlike any known design.

“It doesn’t carry any weapons we recognize but it appears to be the size of a small frigate.” Anakin said.

“Can we contact it?” Sunri asked.

“Not yet, our communication is still down.” Anakin answered.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Voltaire~
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“That is a big ship.” Dearka said.

That was an understatement to an extreme. This dagger ship was bigger than the Gondwana and dwarfed the Voltaire.

“Look how damaged it is though.” Yzak said.

The other ship had several massive rents in its hull, and there were fires everywhere.

“Are we able to hail it?” Nicol asked.

“We’re trying but there’s no response.” The Captain said.

Before they could try again, another dagger ship dropped into view, the slate grey vessel immediate firing what looked like beam weapons on the other vessel, which shot back.

“Where’d that ship come from?!” Yzak yelled.

“I don’t know!” Dearka replied form sensors.

“We need to launch and stop this!” Nicol said, and the others agreed with him.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Redemption~
_________________________________________________________________________________
“They tracked us!” Sunri yelled angrily.

“We’re firing back, but a good portion of our weapons are still down!” Anakin said.

“What about the other ship?” Sunri asked.

“Their not doing anything, fat lot of help they are.” Anakin said bitterly.

Just then the vessels communications came back up.

“This is Yzak Joule of ZAFT. Both vessels cease firing at once!” the voice said.

“What in the galaxy is ZAFT?” Sunri said.

“Don’t know, don’t care. Maybe now they’ll help us.” Anakin said.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mauler~
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Ha! That pitiful ship thinks they can tell us what to do! What fools.” The Imperial captain said.

“We need to teach them a lesson.” The Vice-Captain said.

“Very true. ZAFT vessel this is the Star Destroyer Mauler of the Galactic Empire! Stand down, and prepare to bow down to your new Emperor.” The Captain said.
“He wants ‘us’ to stand down?” Yzak said.

“And what’s the ‘Galactic Empire?” Are these guys’s crazy or something?” Dearka said.

“You would know that wouldn’t you Elsman.” Dmitry said.

“Cut the chatter!” Yzak said to his team, and then to the Mauler he said, “Mauler this is Yzak Joule. You stand down and prepare to be boarded. This is your final warning!”

“That brat thinks he can order me around?!” the Maulers Captain said angrily, “Launch the TIEs! That should be more than enough for that pitiful excuse for a ship!”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“That ships launching something! Looks like Mobile Armors!” Nicol reported, again under his cloak. It was hard to believe the things coming after the ZAFT ship were fighters though. They looked more like flying eyes.

“Everyone launch now!” Yzak ordered.

And launch they did, preparing to fight the Armors.
________________________________________________________________________________________
“Did that ship just launch giant droids?” Sunri asked, not believing his eyes.

“Looks like it.” Anakin said dryly.

Most of the ‘droids’ looked vaguely like images of ancient Jedi armored up for combat, even having eyes. But two of them had only a single eye, one of which was hanging back, apparently damaged.

“Are you sure all our fighters are gone?” Anakin asked.

“Your Eta made it, but we can’t afford for you to launch.” Sunri answered.

“They need help! Those droid’s are barely as fast as a Y-Wing!” Anakin yelled.

“I wouldn’t judge them so soon.” Sunri said.

And with good reason, too, for when Anakin looked he saw the first wave of TIEs fire. But the droids took the shots on their shields and returned fire with what looked like massive blaster rifles. And every time one of those blasts connected, a TIE died a fiery death. But that didn’t change the TIEs speed advantage.
Three of the Imp fighters chased the green machine, looked to be trying to make a run on the Mauler. But before the TIEs could fire, the droid pulled a one-eighty and threw a pink blade at them. It curved straight through two TIEs and clipped the third.

“That can’t be a droid. There must be someone in it!” Anakin said, years of fighting droids giving the Mobile Suit away for what it truly was.

“They are doing far better than we would.” Sunri said.

Anakin nodded (though he felt he could do better) and both men continued to watch the battle.

“Man these things are fast!!” Dearka yelled, since the Buster was moving at a crawl compared to the speedy TIEs.

“They may be fast but; their still just Mobile Armors!” Yzak said.

And that was painfully true for the Imperial pilots. Fast or not, the TIEs were still predictable to the Joule team, and nowhere near as maneuverable as a Mobile Suit.

“Dearka, Tanya, go for the gray ship!” Yzak ordered.

His team nodded and moved in on the Mauler. Dearka and Tanya fired first, but their shots dissipated before hitting the ship.

“What the?! It has a beam shield?!” Dearka yelled in surprise.

“Just keep shooting, it won’t last forever!” Yzak yelled back.

“Yes Sir!” his team yelled back.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Sir we just lost our last TIE! And that ship and its machines are starting to drain our shields!” the Vice-Captain yelled.

“Double our fire, we at least need to destroy the Rebels!” the Captain yelled.

But before any action could be taken, the Rebels broke into the communication lines.

“This is Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker! ZAFT vessel, the domes on the tower are their shield generators! Destroy them and that ship is defenseless.”(1)

The Maulers Captain looked absolutely horrified. “Cover the Generators!!!” he yelled.
But it was far too late, as a violent tremor testified. A gold machine appeared out of nowhere in front of the bridge, holding a pink blade. The Imperial Captains last thought was what the blade was.

‘Lightsaber.’
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As they watched the reduction of the Mauler from a proud man of war, to a floating hulk, Anakin and Sunri wondered what they had gotten themselves into, along with the rest of the crew. The green machine was hovering in front of the bridge, with a pink blade that Anakin immediately recognized, being as he had one on his hip. It was a lightsaber, right down to the hilt and emitter, just massively scaled up.

“This is Yzak Joule, stop operations and prepare for boarding, and maybe we can work something out.” The pilot of the machine said.

“We copy that, we’ll meet in the hanger.” Sunri replied.

“Well here’s where the fun begins.” Anakin said.
Meanwhile in separate corners of the galaxy, two Jedi Masters smiled, feeling a shift in the Force towards the light side. While on Coruscant two Sith Lords were angered by the change and immediately set out to find the source of the disturbance in the Force and destroy it.

1: Yes I realize those are actually sensor domes, but when I wrote this I didn't know that, and it is easier to keep it the way it is. As you can tell, in this Anakin never went darkside. The Jedi Purge still happened, but not because of him. I will introduce the new Apprentice later on. And as far as the Astray's go, this is a story based on my SEED story Archangel of ZAFT on FF.net. If anyone has questions just ask, but don't flame.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: Return of the Exiles (SW/ Gundam SEED crossover)

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Sorry about the double post, don't know how that happened. If any mod reads this, I didn't mean to do that, so just remove the second one (I don't even know how I did it to be honest here).
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well here is the second chapter. I hope everyone who reads this (assuming anyone wants to keep reading it after the first chapter) likes it. I have one more chapter already typed up, but after this one and Chap 3 I won't be able to post as fast.
Chapter 2:

“Of course I am! Anyone who can build a ship like that could be a powerful ally. And you know that Lacus and Terminal still need

the help.” Yzak replied.

“Lacus? Shouldn’t it be ‘Chairwoman Clyne.’ Right Dearka?” Nicol joked.

“Very funny Nicol.” Yzak said.

“Well you were asking for it.” The green haired pilot said.

“Whatever… Dearka are they ready yet?” Yzak asked.

“Yeah but we need to be careful, their hanger is still damaged.” Dearka answered.

“Okay then, lets get over there, and make sure you keep an eye on the other ship Dmitry.” Yzak said.

“Yes sir!!” the team said.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Redemption~
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
“I wonder what they’ll be like.” Sunri said.

“Just like us, they are human after all.” Anakin said.

“That’s not what I meant. They have been isolated from the galaxy for who knows how long after all.” Sunri said.

“Well I can tell you one thing, none of them are force users.” Anakin said.

“How can you tell that?” Sunri asked.

“I can’t sense anyone else with Force powers that’s how.” Anakin explained.

“Well here they come regardless.” Sunri said.

And indeed an ungainly looking shuttle approached. As soon as it crossed into the Redemption’s hanger, it crashed to the floor though. After some skidding it came to a stop.

I can’t believe they don’t have repulsorlifts! How long have these people been isolated? Anakin thought.

But then the door opened and a young man in a white uniform came out.
Yzak actually stumbled a little as he left the shuttle due to the gravity, but he recovered faster than a normal human eye could follow. Anakin noticed but he is far from normal though. It did seem odd to him that Yzak had silver hair, but that is not as rare as it would seem.

What was even more odd was that the second person had green hair, which while not unheard of was really, really, odd. He also had a nasty scar across his left cheek and nose. Before either Anakin or Sunri could say anything though, Yzak introduced himself.

“I’m Commander Yzak Joule of ZAFT, these are two of my pilots, Nicol Amalfi…” the green haired one nodded, “and Dearka Elsman.” At that the blonde pilot who had just left the shuttle waved.

“I’m Sunri Oceanrider the Captain, and this is Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker.” Sunri said.

Yzak raised an eyebrow at that, “Jedi, what is that?”

Anakin stepped forward and started to explain. When he was finished the ZAFT pilots were stunned.

“So the Jedi have been around for thousands of years?” Nicol asked.

Anakin nodded and unhooked his lightsaber. “And here’s our main power.”
And with that, the Jedi used the Force to levitate his weapon. That really got the ZAFT pilots attention.
But Yzak being Yzak, didn’t believe it, and made no attempt to hide that fact.

“So, how do we know you’re not using magnets or something like that.” The pilot said.

Anakin smiled at that, “How about levitating you?”

And the Jedi waited for no one. Yzak soon found himself floating upside down.

“Whoa!! Let me down now!!!” said pilot yelled. Dearka walked up and looked in Yzak’s face.

“You know, I think I like you better this way Commander.” Dearka said.

“Oh shut up Dearka.” Yzak said as Anakin lowered him to the floor.

“Ok we believe you now.” Nicol said.

“What is that thing you were levitating anyway?” Dearka asked, pointing at the lightsaber.

“Oh this is my lightsaber.” Anakin said, activating the blue blade.

“A beam saber!!” Nicol yelled, shocked at what he saw.

“So that’s what you call your blades? Well this is a lightsaber, not a beam saber.” Anakin said.

“How did you manage to get it so small?” Nicol asked.

“I’ll explain that later. For now we need to work out a truce of some sort.” Anakin said.

“We need to head to our government for that. How are your engines?” Yzak asked.

“Their only about 75% operational, but that should be enough.” Sunri said.

“Well, we will lead the way.” Nicol said.

“Okay then, let’s get going.” Anakin said. And they did just that, the Voltaire leading the battered Redemption to the moon, another newly arrived Nazca keeping an eye on the Mauler.

“I know what you mean, they have quite a military out there.” Anakin said.

There were hundreds of ships outside the view port, most were like the Voltaire in size, but a couple were almost half the Redemptions size.

“Well that means they could be a powerful ally.” A female voice said from the doorway.

“I was wondering where you were Padme.” Anakin said.

And indeed it was his wife walking up to the Captains chair. Like Anakin you could see the signs of her age. Her hair had some gray in it, and she had more worry lines. But nothing was wrong with her politicians mind.

“I wonder who their representative will be?” Padme thought aloud.

“We’re getting a communication signal from that red ship.” Sunri said, pointing at the Eternal.

“Answer them then.” Anakin said.

When they answered the message, a man with a prominent scar over on of his eyes answered.

“I’m Andrew Waltfeld, Captain of the Eternal. We’re your escort to Copernicus.” Waltfeld said.

“Well lead the way.” Anakin replied.

“Calm down Ani, they’ll be here soon.” Padme said soothingly.

And true to her word, the leaders of Earth entered the room. They were led by an older looking man, followed by a blonde woman, and a pink haired woman bringing up the rear, with a man in an obvious Admiral uniform escorting her.

The blonde woman spoke first.

“I’m Caglli Yula Athha, the leader of the Orb Union. With me are Henry Smith, the president of the Atlantic Federation,” a nod from the man, “and Lacus Clyne, the Chairwoman of the PLANTs.” Cagalli said.

“I’m Jedi Knight, Anakin Skywalker. With me is my wife, Padme Skywalker.” Anakin said.

“Now, do you care to tell us where you’re from?” Cagalli asked.

“I know this will be hard to believe, but we are from another part of the Galaxy.” Padme said.

“That is what Commander Joule said.” Lacus pointed out.

“Okay then, why did you come here, and how is it that you expect us to trust you?” Smith asked, with his nation being weaker he was less inclined to trust easily.

“We came here fleeing from the Empire. And if you need a reason to trust us, you should remember you have us at your mercy.” Padme said.

“That’s true, but we need more proof.” Lacus said.

And that led to several hours of talks. Eventually the groups worked out an agreement.

“Okay, we’ll fix you’re ship, but it will take a while.” Cagalli said.

“Well, we’ll head back there now.” Anakin said.

And the meeting room did start to empty. But before Anakin and Padme were able to leave they were waved down by Kira. Anakin had actually been keeping a close eye on Kira, since the younger pilot was as bright a light in the Force as Anakin himself.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” Kira asked.

“Sure, what do you need?” Padme asked.

“Cagalli, my sister, wants to talk to you in private.” Kira explained. He then led them to a private meeting room. In the room sat
Cagalli, with a terminal in front of her.

“Hello, you are probably wondering why I brought you here, aren’t you?” Cagalli asked.

“Yes actually, I thought you were done for today.” Anakin said.

“Mostly, but while we can’t overtly help you, your cause seems like one worth helping. So we are giving you some things.” Cagalli said.

When Anakin came over he saw a design on the screen

“Wait isn’t this one of you’re mobile suits?” he asked.

“Yes, this specific one is the M1 Astray. It’s an older design, but with your technology it should be easy to use. We will also give you the Strike Dagger, CGUE, and Strike Gundam designs.” Cagalli said.

“Why are you giving us these?” Padme asked.

“Like Cagalli said, we want to help you. We will also give you an example of each machine.” Kira said.

“Well, didn’t you want to give them a tour of Aprillius, Kira?” Cagalli asked with a smile.

"Oh that's right, come with me." Kira said with a smile of his own.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Well there is the chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and review it. Hopefully I should be able to have the next one up soon.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

A/N: Well here is chapter 3. Like I said, no way I can keep this type of update speed for much longer, I only have one more chapter ready after this one, and with no one reviewing over on FF.net my inspiration was sort of shot in the foot. At least here I know how many people are reading it. Without further ado, chapter 3 of Return of the Exiles.

"A couple hundred years. But it is only C.E. 75, so only 75 years living in colonies." Kira answered.

"CE? What does that mean, its been talked about a lot?" Padme asked.

"Cosmic Era. Before that we used the Anno Domini, or AD calendar." Kira said.

"Ok then how much longer till we see your home?" Anakin asked.

"We should be coming up on it soon. And it is called Aprillius 1 the capital of the PLANTS." Kira answered.

But the Skywalker's only gasped in shock seeing the PLANTS for the first time. They had seen large colonies before but never in so many numbers. There had to be at least 50 colonies hanging in front of them. But Anakin noticed a couple gaps in the group.

"Wait, where are the missing ones?" he asked.

Kira's answer was to point towards Earth. When the Skywalker's looked, they saw the wreckage of a PLANT.

"What happened to it?" Padme asked, her face a little pale.

"Requiem. A super-weapon created by Blue Cosmos. My team was able to destroy it, but not before we lost a PLANT." Kira answered, pain very evident in his features.

"How many people live in one?" Padme asked.

"About a quarter of a million Coordinators. So coupled with Junius 7 my people lost half a million souls." Kira answered.

Both Skywalker's couldn't believe their ears. They thought only the Empire would kill that many defenseless civilians.

"Why would they want to kill so many civilians?" Anakin asked.

In answer, Kira handed him a datapad. On it was the history of the CE. As they read it all color drained from the Skywalker's faces. The Reconstruction War's, Coordinators, Blue Cosmos, both Bloody Valentine War's, GENSIS, Requiem.

"A war over Genetics? I've never even heard of one before." Anakin said.

"Trust me, if it wasn't for extremists like Blue Cosmos, or people who profit from war like Logos, those wars wouldn't have happened." Kira said as he docked the shuttle.

"Actually, I've been meaning to ask you something Kira, what rank are you?" Anakin asked.

"I bet you think this is an Admiral's uniform because of the color and decorations right? Well actually I'm a Commodore, ZAFT and Terminal are more of Militia's and we don't have Admirals. " Kira answered.

Anakin raised an eyebrow at that, but he kept quiet because they had entered the main part of Aprillius. It was so much more…natural… than either Skywalker had expected. It even had a lake.

"Wow, it's so beautiful, you really put a lot of effort into this." Padme said, admiring the view.

"Well of course we did. It's not like this is a temporary home. We have plans to make bigger one's even, once we figure out our sterility problem." Kira said.

Seeing his quests odd looks, Kira explained, "For some reason, once a Coordinator is Second Generation or later, it becomes more and more difficult to find a match that will let him, or her, have a kid. I'm First Gen myself, but there are almost none below Third."

Anakin and Padme shared a look at that.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Anakin asked his wife.

"Yes, the Kaminoans we rescued." Padme answered.

Kira looked between the two, wondering what they were talking about. Seeing his confusion, Anakin explained, "Remember what we told you about the Clone Wars? Well the Kaminoan's were the ones who made the Clones. The Empire enslaved them, but we rescued some of their top researchers, and they are masters of Genetics."

Kira's eyes widened, and his face took on a thoughtful look, but the elevator had stopped and they couldn't talk more in the interest of security. So he just grabbed a car and gave the Skywalker's the grand tour.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
When they reached the whale stone, Anakin realized this wasn't native to Earth.

"Oh that? Until you showed up that was the only alien life we knew of." Kira said in answer to Anakin's question.

"Where is it from then?" Padme asked.

"Jupiter, the largest planet in our Solar System." Kira answered.

Padme nodded, "That makes sense, it looks like animal's from Bespin a gas giant."

Kira had just received a message though, "Sorry I have to cut the tour short. They just delivered the Mobile Suits to your ship."

Anakin's face lit up at that, the pilot in him wanting to fly one. Once they left the PLANT, Kira took the shuttle to a seemingly empty patch of space.

But after Kira transmitted a code, a shimmering effect revealed a monster of a space station. It was obviously an asteroid, but the front had been hollowed out and replaced by a massive shipyard. The entire thing was about ten miles long, and half as deep.

Seeing the stunned look on his quest's face's Kira smiled, "Impressive isn't it? We call it Jericho Base. It used to be a mining asteroid until Terminal took it over and turned it into a headquarters and shipyard."

After he recovered, Anakin noticed three ships in the main dock. One was an odd design with…legs…for lack of a better word, and the red and white paint of the Republic (in Anakin's mind). One of the others was an incomplete ship in Terminal dark blue, which oddly resembled a Victory class SD.

"Those are the Archangel and our newest design the Republic, which is about the size of your ship." Kira said, pointing out both ships.

Anakin was about to ask about the ships, but then he noticed the Redemption.

"What did you do to our ship!" he yelled.

Kira raised an eyebrow, "We said we can give you technology right? So Cagalli decided to put the Mjolnir Positron cannons, Katana beam cannons, and Thor MAC's from the Republic on your ship."

It was Anakin's turn to raise an eyebrow at that.

"So you took your most advanced weapon's and put them on our ship?" he asked.

"Yes we did, we have more than one set of these weapon's you know." Kira answered.

"Okay then, let's se those Mobile Suits." Anakin said, eager to try one out.

Kira nodded, and brought the shuttle into the still damaged hanger of the Redemption.

When they got out, Anakin saw several ARC-170's in various stages of repair. When he saw Sunri walking up Anakin asked, "I thought you said all our fighters were destroyed?"

Sunri shrugged, "They were, but we had enough spare parts and undamaged parts to build about a squadron's worth of 170's."

Anakin nodded, his eyes having been drawn to a part of the hanger full of Mobile Suits.

"I thought you were only giving us a handful of those?" Anakin asked Kira.

"Well, we told you these were old designs. In fact we're just trying to see how many you're hanger can hold." Kira said, his attention focused on the various non-humans working on the 170's, especially the couple of Wookies.

"Well that would take a lot of these. Even considering the size, we could easily hold a couple hundred of them." Anakin said.

Kira's eyes widened at that, "Well in that case, we will give you about fifty of them."

Anakin nodded, but he had a question, "Why is that one gray?"

"Oh that is the Strike Kai. It uses armor we call Phase-Shift, it is only active in combat, so that's why it has no color. Though it won't be much use to you since all it does is resist physical weapons." Kira answered.

For her part, Padme had noticed something off about the Mobile Suits.

"Those other ones… the Daggers' look different and only a couple are CGUEs." She said.

Kira looked a little guilty as he answered, "Well we don't want to give you 'Strike' Daggers, and very few CGUEs are left."

Anakin looked over the machines being repainted in Rebel/Republic white and red.

"Then what did you give us?" the Jedi Master asked.

"The Daggers are various models, mostly 105's, but also Duel, Buster, and L's. The others are M1's, First Gen GUAIZ's with a handful of CGUEs." Kira answered.

"Okay then, why didn't you give us Strike Daggers?" Anakin asked.

Kira shrugged, "Simple, unless they are heavily modified, those things are death traps, any good pilot in a newer model could take down dozen's of them."

Padme gave one of her rare glares on hearing that, "And you were going to push them on us?"

Kira stuck up his hands in mock surrender, "No we only gave you the design, its' a good way to learn how to manufacture Mobile Suits."

Padme backed down as Anakin started towards the Strike Kai.

"So is this ready to fly?" he asked, eager to try it out.

"Sure, but we need to show you another of our modifications first. Murdoch, mount the Aile on the Kai!" Kira yelled.

And with that, a red thruster pack was lowered onto the Strike from a recess in the roof.

"As you can tell, the Strike is designed to use different weapon packs. That carried over in the later Daggers' thanks to the Alliance copying our design. So we modified your hanger to mount the pack. Though we haven't finished that part yet." Kira explained.

Anakin nodded and used a Force-enhanced leap to reach the cockpit.

"Nice layout, I think I could get used to this." Anakin said, his adventurous pilot side taking over.

"Look over the controls and let us know when you're ready!" Kira said, moving back.

"Be careful Ani!" Padme yelled up to Anakin.

"I will be." Anakin replied.

Padme nodded, and followed Kira off to another part of the Hanger.

For his part, Anakin powered up the Strike Kai and walked the now red, white and blue machine to the center of the hanger. He powered up the Aile(T) pack and launched the machine.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
"YAHOOO!" Anakin whooped, enjoying how natural the machine moved. It may have been only as fast as a Y-wing, but the Strike was far more maneuverable, than anything the Jedi had flown before. He was enjoying this flight like nothing he had ever flown before too.

But then the Jedi noticed a machine that looked vaguely like the Strike, but with blue wings hovering in front of him.

"So how do you like the Strike Anakin?" Kira's voice came over the radio.

"Kira? I like it a lot actually, but what are you flying?" Anakin asked.

"The ZGMF-X20A, Strike Freedom. As you can tell by the name, the original Strike was my machine." Kira answered, drawing a beam saber. "How about a quick spar, these saber's are set on low power."

Anakin nodded, drawing his own saber. Kira brought the Freedom's down in a quick vertical slash, which Anakin blocked. The Jedi then pushed the Freedom back, using his skill with a lightsaber to offset his lack of Gundam experience. But that lack of experience came back to haunt him, because after a few more parry's Kira held his blade in front of the Strike's cockpit.

"That was good for a first timer." Kira said.

"Thank you. You're a good pilot Kira." Anakin said, bringing the Strike back to the Redemption.

"By the way, if you want to change the color scheme on the Kai you can." Kira said, explaining how to do so.

Anakin nodded and changed the Kai to the blue and white of his Eta. He then set out on a tour of the Redemption.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile~
Imperial Admiral, Kenneth Sunrider was not a happy man. The Mauler had gone and vanished. Thankfully its hyperspace route was easy to find, and after a few probe droids and shuttles confirmed it was safe, Sunrider gathered a fleet to find his missing ship. The fleet was made up of two Imperials, four Victory's, three Carracks and one Strike; along with a Lancer frigate. With this powerful task force the Imperials headed for an as yet unknown Sol.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Well there was chapter three. Hopefully the next chapter will be out soon, and I am going to put a tech sheet on the Strike Kai after this note. Also, in case you haven't noticed yet, I am a fan of the late Republic era SD's, so I am going to use the Venator/Victory designs a lot. The Venator more though, since its massive amount of hanger space makes it perfect to be modified to carry MS' and the Empire just left most of the hundreds the Republic built floating in empty space, where the Rebels could find them and put them back in action. Please review. Okay, I only put in the SK's tech sheet here so that people could get an idea of what to expect from it, once it is actually used in battle. As far as the next chapter goes, it won't be an Imperial walkover of everything in their way, exactly the opposite actually, though if I say any more it will spoil it. Just remember I am giving the SEED verse more advantages than they would actually have, only so that it won't be a boring story. I want to concentrate more on the story, and less on the battles (notice there has only been one so far).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
ZGMF-X05K: Strike Kai

Pilot: Anakin Skywalker

Powerplant: Nuclear Reactor

Sensors: Range Unknown

Height: 18.2 Meters

Weight: 72 tons

Armor: Variable Phase-Shift

Weaponry, fixed: 75 mm CIWS x2, Armor Schneider knives x2.

Optional:

Aile(T)

Launcher(T)

Sword(T)

Lighting(T)

IWSP(T)

Appearance: Blue torso, white limbs with blue trim same head and body as Strike.

Description: Originally built as the Strike Rouge, it was modified into the Strike Kai, after Athrun gave Cagalli the Aegis. The Kai was then put in storage until given to Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker as a good will gift. All the Striker Packs are more capable Terminal re-designs, which gives the Kai performance more on par with the Impulse.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Why is it a ZAFT model and why is it called 'Kai'? If it's a modified Strike Rouge the model number should still be MBF-02, all you'd do is append a new variant code. For example a nuclear powered strike would be MBF-02N. Unlike most prior series, SEED doesn't use 'Kai' to denote an improved model, going by Orbs naming pattern (Model Name+Color for variant) I'd suggest Strike Juane. I suggest this because the White, blue, red scheme are considered by ORB to be Kira Yamato custom colours and that's a little too close to his colours, Anakin likes the colour yellow for his starfighter and given Cagalli's fathers choice of colour for the Amatsuki I'd say yellow was supposed to be her colour anyhow, so it's a good coincidence to take advantage of.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Honestly I just chose 'Kai' off the top of my head. As far as why it is a ZAFT model, I probably should have mentioned this before...this story is based off of my SEED fanfic Archangel of ZAFT (over on FF.net). In that story the Archangel and its Gundam's are built by ZAFT and its the EA that steals them (though they had the Seirans make them their own ship the Remembrance). On second thought, I really should have mentioned that and I did, but not with enough emphasis I guess. Also, another reason for the ZAFT code... yes I know what the Rouge's code was. But if you look at Terminal machines, they all use ZAFT codes (aka ZGMF-X20A/X19A). The X05 number comes from the fact that in Archangel I didn't want the Strike to use the GAT number system, so I gave it ZGMF-X05A. So that's why I changed it from MBF-02, to signify that it is not the Rouge anymore. As far as the color scheme goes, I know what color the ROTS Eta was for Anakin, but I'm using the color scheme from his original fighter (the Clone Wars first (or was it second?) season), so that's why it is blue and white. That and I like blue (the Republic is blue, and so is the Remembrance), so that's why I chose that color. Though if you think it would be better to be yellow, I can change that here (though not in the chapter, but later on). Though if you read it over on FF.net I am going to keep it blue there, since I have had people who like the new color scheme. I hope that explains things, and if you still have questions feel free to ask.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Also, another reason for the ZAFT code... yes I know what the Rouge's code was. But if you look at Terminal machines, they all use ZAFT codes (aka ZGMF-X20A/X19A).
That's because the 'Terminal machines' you're talking about were built by ZAFT, not by Terminal. The only MS Terminal ever built was the DOM Trooper, and even then that was only after ZAFT had already done most of the work for them.
So that's why I changed it from MBF-02, to signify that it is not the Rouge anymore.
Except it is, it's not a brand new machine. It doesn't change it's model number if it's a development of an existing MS, only if it's a brand new model. This is why the Strike-E still carries the GAT-X105 designation. It would still be an MBF-02, the only time it would change to being a ZAFT machine is if ZAFT built the MS from the ground up. They didn't, unless in your alt-timeline ZAFT also built the Strike Rouge, though I haven't the faintest why you'd still use the ORB naming conventions for a ZAFT MS.
As far as the color scheme goes, I know what color the ROTS Eta was for Anakin, but I'm using the color scheme from his original fighter (the Clone Wars first (or was it second?) season), so that's why it is blue and white.
Fair enough.
That and I like blue (the Republic is blue, and so is the Remembrance), so that's why I chose that color.
Except it's not. Blue is only the colour of the Republic Senate and the Republic during peacetime, Red is the colour of the Republic military forces and the Republic in wartime.
Though if you think it would be better to be yellow, I can change that here (though not in the chapter, but later on). Though if you read it over on FF.net I am going to keep it blue there, since I have had people who like the new color scheme.
Eh, I'm not asking you to change the colour, though it would make more sense in a late war setting to do.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

That's because the 'Terminal machines' you're talking about were built by ZAFT, not by Terminal. The only MS Terminal ever built was the DOM Trooper, and even then that was only after ZAFT had already done most of the work for them.
Well the original Freedom and Justice were, it was never said that ZAFT built the Strike Freedom or Infinite Justice though. Its been awhile, but I'm fairly certain that it says in the DVD tech sheets that Terminal built them, even though the design is ZAFT. Like I said, its been a while though, I have to dig those out when I get home and see what is on them. The DOM I will readily admit is a special case. It is the only machine that was beyond a doubt built by Terminal, even if it was a ZAFT design.

Except it is, it's not a brand new machine. It doesn't change it's model number if it's a development of an existing MS, only if it's a brand new model. This is why the Strike-E still carries the GAT-X105 designation. It would still be an MBF-02, the only time it would change to being a ZAFT machine is if ZAFT built the MS from the ground up. They didn't, unless in your alt-timeline ZAFT also built the Strike Rouge, though I haven't the faintest why you'd still use the ORB naming conventions for a ZAFT MS.
My mistake... darn it I should have thought that through a little better. Probably a side effect of not having Archangel done yet. :oops: So I will change that later on. As for the Orb naming conventions...I'm guessing you mean using the Rouge name right? Or do you mean using Strike and co. overall? In any case, I concede the point on the model number, and will change it to MBF-02N, assuming you don't mind me using that, since you thought it up.

As for the Republic... maybe I should have italicized it, like I did here? I didn't mean the Republic. If you noticed the incomplete Terminal ship in the last chapter was dark blue and named Republic. That's what I meant. Any more questions? Any and all are welcome, I enjoy answering these things since it helps me improve my writing.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Well the original Freedom and Justice were, it was never said that ZAFT built the Strike Freedom or Infinite Justice though. Its been awhile, but I'm fairly certain that it says in the DVD tech sheets that Terminal built them, even though the design is ZAFT.
You may be right, according to MAHQ.net Terminal stole them, but according to Gundam Wiki Terminal built them.
My mistake... darn it I should have thought that through a little better. Probably a side effect of not having Archangel done yet. :oops: So I will change that later on. As for the Orb naming conventions...I'm guessing you mean using the Rouge name right? Or do you mean using Strike and co. overall?
I meant the Rouge part, only ORB uses the <Model Name> <Colour> convention.
In any case, I concede the point on the model number, and will change it to MBF-02N, assuming you don't mind me using that, since you thought it up.
I don't mind, though you may want to find a better name than Strike Kai, as the Orb Union is made up of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and other pacific islands. the 'Kai' descriptor would probably only be found on MS developed by the Republic of East Asia part of the Earth Alliance. Given it's Blue, you might go with Strike Bleu (Following the naming convention of French words for the colours; Strike Rouge, Strike Noir, etc.)
As for the Republic... maybe I should have italicized it, like I did here? I didn't mean the Republic. If you noticed the incomplete Terminal ship in the last chapter was dark blue and named Republic. That's what I meant. Any more questions? Any and all are welcome, I enjoy answering these things since it helps me improve my writing.
Ah, my apologies then, it's just when you say the Republic I think Star Wars in a SW/Gundam story.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

If MAHQ say's that, then its odd if it did say Terminal built them in the DVD's since generally speaking MAHQ uses those for their material. Oh well, like I said I'll check that later today. Thanks for clarifying on the name thing. Hmm...Strike Bleu eh? Well I could see that. And you're a little off on Orb, it doesn't include Australia or New Zealand. That's the Oceania Union (if it weren't for the Gundam wiki being blocked at my high school I would give you the link). It's never specific on just where Orb is though. I'd assume South/Mid Pacific being how it is an island nation, but it never says for sure. And as for why Kai made sense to me, it's because despite Japan being part of the Republic of East Asia, Orb uses Japanese names for their machines (Murasame, Akatsuki). Which is odd, considering they are most definitely not part of Japan. Maybe they were settled by the Japanese or something. No worries on the Republic, it's understandable that you could get mixed up on it, this is a SEED/SW story after all. I've also got a tech page on everything new I have put in my story so far over on FF.net, if you want I can put that up here, after I post the next chapter later today. Though I will have to put my flame shields up, considering that the rabid Warsies (even though I am one too, minus the 'rabid' part) will want blood over the outcome of the battle in it.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Yeah, you're right. I misread 'It based on New Zealand, Australia, and Papua New Guinea' as 'based in'. Still, I don't think Kai fits, one would think if they were going to do that the MBF-02 would have been the Strike Kai or their Astrays would have has a Kai.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

A/N: Well here is chapter 4. This is my first attempt at a major battle, so I don't know how well this will go over. In any case, please read and review.
Redemption~
"Ani… Anakin… Anakin Skywalker where are you!" Padme yelled.

"Over here dear!" Anakin yelled back, his arms buried in the Bleu's circuits.

Somehow Padme wasn't surprised, "You just got that and you're already playing with it?"

"Well I'm calibrating the thrusters, I think I can make it faster." Anakin replied.

Padme sighed, "Some things never change Ani."

"Of course dear." Anakin said with a smile.

But the couple was interrupted as Sunri came running into the hanger.

"We need you on the bridge General!" the harried looking officer said.

Anakin nodded and sealed up the Strike before following Sunri.

"So what's up?" Anakin asked.

"The ship they left to watch the Imperials lost contact with the base. But they sent this image first." Sunri said, the bridge viewscreen showed an image that neither Skywalker wanted to see. An Imperial task force was hovering in space, and it included two of the deadly Imperial-Class Destroyers.

"Are we able to launch yet?" Anakin asked.

"Sunri shook his head, "No our engines aren't repaired yet."

Anakin sighed on hearing that, "Then lets hope our new friends are up to the job."

Speaking of the Sol group, the Redemption received a message from the Eternal.

"I take it you saw the footage?" Kira asked, already in a flight suit.

"Yes we did, and that fleet is too strong to take on in a head on fight." Anakin answered.

Kira raised an eyebrow, "And why is that?"

"This is why, the Imperial Class Star Destroyer, what you fought before was a Victory. The only ship you have that can handle one is the Republic and it is not ready yet." Anakin said, bringing up a view of an Imp Star.

Kira shrugged, "We are trying to avoid a fight but we will fight if we have to."

Anakin could see the determination in Kira's eyes and knew arguing would be pointless, "Okay then, if it comes to a fight we will launch too. But before you go, we can give you the weakness of the ships you are about to fight. The Victory and Imperial class don't have very many ventral weapons, and if you take out the shield the bridge is very vulnerable. The Lancer has weak shields and very few large weapons. And the Carrack has an even more vulnerable bridge than the Star Destroyers."

Kira nodded and cut the link, spreading his new intel through the fleet.

For his part Anakin turned to Sunri, "Get those engines running, I won't go back on my word."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
An hour later~
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In the space in front of the PLANTs were two opposing fleets. The Earth Fleet was much larger, but the only ship it had even near the size of the Star Destroyers was the Gondwana, which had very few weapons.

By comparison the Imperial Fleet was bristling with weapons but it had much weaker fighter forces, thanks to the flaws of the TIE design. From the Flagship the Destroyer, the commander Admiral Sunrider looked at the motley collection of ships in front of his fleet.

"The Maulers captain must have been a moron to lose to such weak ships. Not a single one of these 'ships' is a match for a Carrack let alone a Star Destroyer, even a Victory." Sunrider said disdainfully.

"We're being hailed sir." The Comm. Officer said.

"Well patch it through." the Admiral said impatiently.

On the viewscreen appeared a young women with pink hair.

"Hello Admiral, I am Chairwoman Lacus Clyne, the chosen Representative to communicate with you." Lacus said.

Sunrider couldn't believe his eyes, and then he broke out laughing.

But this was something that Lacus was expecting… Start Flashback

"Well if the Imperials find you who will talk with them?" Padme asked.

"Who would you suggest?" Cagalli asked.

"Probably President Smith. The Imperials will be more likely to listen to a man of his stature. Since they don't think highly of women." Padme answered.

Hearing that, the AF's President stroked his chin in thought, "Well in that case we should have Lacus do it."

"What… that is exactly the opposite of what I just said." Padme said.

"Precisely, we need to show the Empire our true colors. If they won't play by our rules then they won't deserve our respect." Smith said.

"I will do it then." Lacus said.

Padme shook her head at the group, "I don't think this is a good idea, but I won't stop you, not that I could anyway. But he, and trust me it will be a man, won't listen to you and will probably laugh at you."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
End Flashback~
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Wow this is the best joke I have heard in years! Right men, it is isn't it? I mean no sane government would send a pink haired girl to negotiate." Sunrider said once he got his laughter under control, with the bridge crew staying silent.

But Lacus remained dead serious the whole time, "Are you done Admiral? That way we can get some actual work done?"

Sunrider's smile faded away, "You're serious aren't you?"

Lacus nodded, "Yes I am."

Sunrider became serious himself, "In that case bring in a real representative 'Chairwoman'."

"I was chosen by our governments and that choice is final." Lacus said shaking her head.

"Fine then, I have some simple demands. Hand over the Mauler, allow us to set up a base on the planet, and give us the Rebels." Sunrider said.

Lacus just shook her head again, "No Admiral threats don't work on us. And we are harboring no criminals."

"I warned you Chairwoman. I don't like it when people lie to me; we already have detected the Rebel ship near your moon. Your ships are no match for ours and I don't like beating down such weak forces, but you leave me with no choice." Sunrider said giving a signal to his tactical officer, who opened fire on the Eternal.

Luckily a reflector-equipped Drake took the bolts. Lacus sighed, pain evident on her kind face, "I truly wished this would end peacefully. Now you have forced our hand and left us no choice but to fight back Admiral."

And with that the fleets plunged into battle.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Sunri, those engines need to work!" Anakin said.

"Just a little more… there! We're ready, but we only have light shields and the Earth weapons." Sunri said from engineering.

"Don't worry about that." Yzak said coming onto the bridge.

"What are you doing here?" Anakin asked.

"Helping you." Yzak said dryly.

As he said that, the Redemption shook heavily. A Drake class escort, fully equipped with reflectors had landed on the bow.

"What the…" Anakin said dumbly.

"That is our shield, let it handle the Imperials." Yzak said.

Anakin nodded and gave the order for the Redemption to launch into the battle.
Meanwhile~
Kira and Athrun were in the thick of the battle. Kira was using a METEOR unit along with the Strike Freedom, since Anakin had told him the weakness of a Star Destroyer. Athrun was in his Infinite Justice. As a large group of TIEs flew at the Gundams Kira deployed his DRAGOONs and fired, clipping a dozen TIEs with Athrun taking out several more. But Kira was upset at how flimsy the TIEs were, shots that would just damage a Mobile Suit destroyed the shield-less fighters.

So be it then, if they are that weak then I will fight the Star Destroyers. Kira thought.

"Athrun can you handle these fighters?" Kira asked his old friend.

"Are you kidding? This is a piece of cake!" Athrun answered, playing football with a TIE, kicking it into the saber of a Windam.

Kira nodded, and boosted for the second Imp-Star. He fired the METEORs beam cannons and missiles, the two combining to take out the weakened shields. With the other Mobile Suits watching his back and holding off the annoying TIEs, Kira drove the METEORs beam blades through it. Like he had done with the Requiem relay station in the last war, Kira cleaved through the ship, its thick armor providing no resistance to the sabers. The young Commodore cut through the vessels whole length, thoroughly disabling it, without destroying anything vital, like the reactor.

With that done, he moved on to other targets.
With the loss of an ISD, the Carrack class cruiser, Bakura found itself in the thick of the battle. "Find a weakness in their line! They can't stop us forever!" The Captain yelled. While he yelled that, the TIE screen surrounding his ship was shot down. But it was odd that conventional fighters shot them down not the droid looking machines the natives seemed to favor.

"Sir those fighters are coming straight at us." The sensor operator yelled.

But even if they looked normal the weapons they fired were most certainly not normal, the red and white beams chipping away at the cruisers shield like a turbolaser. But all of a sudden the machines transformed into the droid like design that was destroying the Imperial fleet. As one united unit, the three machines drew green blades and started to chew through the already weakened shield. The Bakura's Captain echoed the Maulers, as his last thought was about what killed his ship, oversized lightsabers. With the Carrack disabled after a few more slashes, the three Streak Daggers moved off to find new targets. Luckily for the Imperial crew, the Carrack has an amazingly tough design.
Meanwhile Shinn was having a field day carving up a Victory. The young pilot had been carving up TIE's up to that point, the Destiny's Wings of Light were able to even the playing field on the speed front. But by nature Shinn wanted more of a challenge, and the TIEs were almost as easy to destroy as the Alliance machines he fought in the last war. So thus he was carving up a Star Destroyer like a Thanksgiving turkey.

"They call this a threat? Those Jedi are paranoid!" the young pilot said.

But he carved a little too deep, hitting the Vic's reactor. The resulting explosion through the Destiny back, destroying its sword, and nearly frying the Gundam itself, that disaster only being averted by sheer luck on Shinn's part.

"Darn it! Remembrance I'm coming back for a new sword!" Shinn yelled into his comm., shooting any TIE unlucky enough to get in his way.
If there was any one Gundam the TIEs were avoiding out of a genuine fear for their lives it was the Akatsuki. That machine, coupled with a newtype pilot of the caliber of Mu La Flaga was tearing huge wholes in TIE formations, its armor proving to be just as effective at deflecting turbolasers and blasters as it was with beam rifles. And since Mu had none of Kira's problems with killing, his DRAGOONs were wreaking havoc on the Imperials fighter strength.
But while Mu was having no real problems, Athrun wasn't so lucky. His machine was designed for close-quarters battle, beam saber against beam saber. So someone on the Imperial side had figured that out, and warned the pilots to stay far away from the 'Crimson Demon'. So thus Athrun was frustrated, the Justice may have been a Gundam and thus was able to take the TIEs out regardless, but he was upset about not being able to use his machines full potential. So he flew at the nearest Victory. The SD threw up a withering barrage of AA fire, but Athrun expertly weaved in and out of the fire, not taking a single hit. Once he was positioned over the bridge, he launched the Fatum-01 flight pack into the bridge, the newly activated beam blades carving right through the Destroyer from top to bottom. But while Athrun was recovering his pack, a TIE was moving in to fire. Before the Justice could turn around and fire, a blue and white fighter vaporized the TIE, followed by a yell of, "YAHOO!" over the radio. And the squadron of 170's followed the blue fighter from the newly arrived Redemption.

"Anakin?" Athrun asked, Kira having introduced him to the Jedi. "Yeah it's me, let's go get that Imp-Star!" Ankain said, pulling his Eta around and heading for the Destroyer.
Meanwhile~
Jericho Base was under attack by TIEs itself. Thankfully, Terminal had spared no expense fitting out their main base, and it showed. They had set up hundreds of point defense lasers, and CIWS. Between the two, and a small force of Mobile Suits, the base was soon clear of the annoying TIEs buzzing around the Earth Sphere.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Naturally the only Imperial vessel that was holding its own was the sole Lancer class Frigate. Since it was designed to fight starfighters, its 20 turbolasers were making it a real menace to the Mobile Suit forces, dozens having fallen to the vessels withering fire. But thankfully the newly arrived Redemption charged into the fray, letting the battered Mobile Suits move off to easier targets. Even though most of its weapons were still damaged, the Redemption was more than a match for the Lancer. And the Imperial Captain knew that, and turned his ship around in an attempt to escape. But the Redemption fired its new Positron Cannons, the antimatter blasts first wiping out the shields, and then bisecting the Lancer.

That proved just how effective the Venator had become, it was no longer a vessel to push around. With the Lancer down, the Redemption moved in on the remaining Imperial fleet.

But the running lights changed colors on most of the vessels.

"Move off, they activated their self-destruct!" Anakin yelled.

He didn't need to tell the Sol forces that twice. By the time the massive explosions were over, only the Bakura, a Victory, and the second Imp-Star were left, all either too damaged to self-destruct, or thanks to a mutiny among the crew who wanted to live. All in all, thousands of lives were lost that day, greatly saddening Kira, Lacus, and Padme.
*Set's Flame shields to full*
Well there was the battle, and before you start asking for me to be sacrificed or tossed to a Rancor, let me explain. First off, I am well aware that if Slave 1 could waltz over all of Starfleet, then a Imperial fleet would have no problems with a SEED fleet. The only reason I had them win, was so that Earth and its forces would make more of a difference than just being cannon fodder for the Rebels. That being said, if this fleet had a competent Admiral and were larger (can anyone say SSD?) then the SEED verse would have been walked over like they weren't even there and Earth would have been BDZ'ed. But since this is a crossover not a vs. I will keep it the way I have it.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

I tried to give your fic a fair shot and read the whole thing, but I can't even make it past the first chapter. I can not in anyway fathom how a starfighter which moves at thousands of Gs would be outperformed by a SEED MS.
kilopi505
Padawan Learner

Post by kilopi505 »

*Raises finger**Puts it down**Opens mouth**Closes it*

Umm...you do know that your first chapter is very, very similar to another one I have read on FF.net, right? The title is "Growth of a Seed"
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I tried to give your fic a fair shot and read the whole thing, but I can't even make it past the first chapter. I can not in anyway fathom how a starfighter which moves at thousands of Gs would be outperformed by a SEED MS.
You mean that whole thing we had over the Kai was a waste of time! :shock: But in all seriousness, I told you in the notes, I realize how outperformed everything in the SEED verse is. So if I made this realistic (or as realistic as giant robots vs TIE's can be) then the Empire could destroy everything in its way, and BDZ Earth by lunch. So I changed the things up on purpose, that way, however unrealistic it is, Earth has more use than as a parking lot for SD's after being glassed. After all, if I wanted to make this a story like that, then I wouldn't have even bothered having the Rebels find them. If you don't like that I'm sorry, but since I have readers on FF.net who do, I'll continue writing for them, and post it here, just to see how long I can go before I have less nice people review.
*Raises finger**Puts it down**Opens mouth**Closes it*

Umm...you do know that your first chapter is very, very similar to another one I have read on FF.net, right? The title is "Growth of a Seed"
I know how similar it is to Growth of a SEED. That's what this story is more or less based off of. I talked it over with the author (who intended for Growth to be a challenge anyway) and made my own version. I am not copying anything, or at least not copying without permission.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:You mean that whole thing we had over the Kai was a waste of time! :shock: But in all seriousness, I told you in the notes, I realize how outperformed everything in the SEED verse is. So if I made this realistic (or as realistic as giant robots vs TIE's can be) then the Empire could destroy everything in its way, and BDZ Earth by lunch. So I changed the things up on purpose, that way, however unrealistic it is, Earth has more use than as a parking lot for SD's after being glassed. After all, if I wanted to make this a story like that, then I wouldn't have even bothered having the Rebels find them. If you don't like that I'm sorry, but since I have readers on FF.net who do, I'll continue writing for them, and post it here, just to see how long I can go before I have less nice people review.
You know, there are other ways to do this without making the Star Wars side not-Star Wars? You could have the Imperials and Rebels blast each other with one last ditch ion cannon shot that burns out the capacitors in their weapons and burns out their shields. The Rebels you could justify as saying they don't have any resources left and the ISD they attempted to ambush was heading back for supplies after a year long patrol and is critically understocked. The entire premise of this seems to be to get Jedi into mobile suits and it makes sense that the capital-ships' point-defense weapons would take priority over the starfighters' weapons, forcing them to cannibalize the weapons on the starfighters to make sure their lightest weapons are operational. In this way the starfighters would be just vastly high performance one-man scouts or the like. What you'd be left with are still extremely large, amazingly fast warships with extremely high-power weapons in comparison to SEED, but it's infinitely more believable that 'Lol, Galaxy spanning civilization=civilization that hasn't even made it outside their own system'. I can't force you to change everything, it's your stories, but what I am saying is I tried to give your fic a fair shake and I can't stop rolling my eyes every other paragraph. If you're trying to write a story with Star Wars and SEED collide then you're not doing it, if your goal is to impress a bunch mouthbreathers on FF.net with a story about some group with a bunch Star Wars names slapped on )who only vaguely resemble things from that IP) meets SEED then I'll leave you to your devices.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

You know, there are other ways to do this without making the Star Wars side not-Star Wars? You could have the Imperials and Rebels blast each other with one last ditch ion cannon shot that burns out the capacitors in their weapons and burns out their shields. The Rebels you could justify as saying they don't have any resources left and the ISD they attempted to ambush was heading back for supplies after a year long patrol and is critically understocked. The entire premise of this seems to be to get Jedi into mobile suits and it makes sense that the capital-ships' point-defense weapons would take priority over the starfighters' weapons, forcing them to cannibalize the weapons on the starfighters to make sure their lightest weapons are operational. In this way the starfighters would be just vastly high performance one-man scouts or the like. What you'd be left with are still extremely large, amazingly fast warships with extremely high-power weapons in comparison to SEED, but it's infinitely more believable that 'Lol, Galaxy spanning civilization=civilization that hasn't even made it outside their own system'. I can't force you to change everything, it's your stories, but what I am saying is I tried to give your fic a fair shake and I can't stop rolling my eyes every other paragraph. If you're trying to write a story with Star Wars and SEED collide then you're not doing it, if your goal is to impress a bunch mouthbreathers on FF.net with a story about some group with a bunch Star Wars names slapped on )who only vaguely resemble things from that IP) meets SEED then I'll leave you to your devices.
Wow that's a long quote... but back on subject, I can see your points here. And no the premise is not just to get Jedi in Mobile Suits (at least not in my story, though I can't claim that is the case in the source material). The premise for me is to see how the story could be changed. To be completely honest, if I were more creative than I am (I will freely admit I am not the most...innovative... person in the world) I would have gone a different route and say... had a SW ship crash land on Earth, circa CE 69 and have them adapt their tech to make some sort of uber MS out of it. But, being as this is based off of Growth of a SEED I have to use the source material. If you don't like the idea, then maybe one of these day's I'll do the other one. Like I said above, most of that first chapter isn't my work (the Venator and Anakin are). I will admit you're idea makes more sense though, I could see them only having PD weapons being more believable. But being as I can't edit a post on here... I suppose I could re-write it. You know, make a SD.net approved version, in addition to the FF.net version. Though I can't figure out exactly how to make Earth worth anything there. Any ideas on that are welcome.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Though I can't figure out exactly how to make Earth worth anything there. Any ideas on that are welcome.
You don't, burnt out hyperdrive works just fine. They're stuck, they're completely beyond being resupplied, and Earth is the only habitable planet.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

You don't, burnt out hyperdrive works just fine. They're stuck, they're completely beyond being resupplied, and Earth is the only habitable planet.
Well I meant make Earth useful to the Rebellion as a whole. I know that as the only habitable planet nearby it will help them to go to it for resupply. Not much point in a crossover if the thing you're crossing over has no use aside from cannon-fodder. Though I could modify Gundam's with SW tech...*Has several interesting ideas*
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

No, I'm saying the Imperials and Rebels are stranded in the Milky Way. They can't go anywhere else and are forced to stay. There's really no other way to make Earth important to either the Rebels or the Imperials.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

No, I'm saying the Imperials and Rebels are stranded in the Milky Way. They can't go anywhere else and are forced to stay. There's really no other way to make Earth important to either the Rebels or the Imperials.
Hmm...well I guess I could do something like that, though I don't know how well it would turn out, or how fast I could do it. I have another story on FF.net to keep up too (not this, not even a crossover actually). Though if you just have one Imp ship and one Rebel ship it could become a thing where they both pick sides. Like the Imp's joining Earth and the Rebels ZAFT. Again though, no idea when I could do it, or even how I could do it.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

I'm not telling you you have to do this, I'm simply offering criticism and putting up answers to the questions you ask.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm not telling you you have to do this, I'm simply offering criticism and putting up answers to the questions you ask.
Well I didn't think you were telling me to do it. But all this discussion has got my ideas flowing. Though like I said, who knows when I could do it. I will do it eventually though, when I get an idea going it's hard to get it out of my head without writing it.