Q's Dilemma, War of the Whill

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Q's Dilemma, War of the Whill

Post by Darth Fanboy »

A hashed out version of the ultimate reasons the Empire and Federation are fighting, and the rile of the Q in this war. This conversation plays into the"Pride of Ferenginar" story as it forces Picard to lead the Federal Remnant. I also gives us a way to connect the galaxies without the generic wormhole argument and it also explains the presence of humanity in both galaxies.

Begin...

Q? Come to offer me some way of defeating the empire in exchange for me to deride my own race? i don't have time for your games."

"Stay calm Jean Luc, a much as i'd love to im afraid circumstances prevent me from taking an active role in your war. In fact, our conversation now is risking my life, and the existence of your galaxy."

*something in Q's voice disturbs Picard*

"You have but two minutes, beofre i start ignoring you..."

"I won't lie to you Jean Luc, i've admired your species. That's why i've taken such a personal interest in you especially. Even in these troubled times you are the epitome of what it means to be a human in this galaxy."

"What do you mean, "in this galaxy", Q?"

"You're getting ahead of me mon capitane. Just sit back in your imprtant Supreme Commander's chair and let me tell you a story."

*Picard sits down, further intruiged by the tone in Q's voice*

"A long time ago, when the universe was created, each of the races were given a galaxy to mold and shape as they saw fit. This galaxy you call the Milky Way was given to the Q. Who gave it to us and why is nothing you should worry about. Remember though, just as the Q see to this galaxy there are other galaxies whom are cared for by races just as powerful as we.

Recently, the Continuum has come into conflict with a race known as the Whills. The Whill and the Q have been rivals longer than there has been a human race. The source of this new conflict however, directly involves humanity. For some time now the Whill have been slowly increasing the powers of their subjects by giving them the ability to tap into the power that shapes the universe. In time their entire galaxy will know how to tap into this ability regardless of their intentions and a new race will ascend.

The Q, realizing the threat this new race would bring sabotaged their attempt by allowing a few of those individuals to tap into this power far beyond any other. One of these, the man now known as Emperor Palpatine, used his power to annhiliate all others like him but a miniscule few, which serve him unquestionably. The Whill somehow discovered our attempt at sabotages though and immediately confronted us. The two omnipotent civilizations were on the brink of war.

Your mind cannot fathom the damage tthat would be caused to both galaxies by such a war, and with the Q and the Whill so evenly matched there would be no end until both species were erased from existence. in order to settle our differences in a manner so that there would be a true victor we decided to connect the two galaxies via an interstellar corridor. The two galxies would eventually discover each other and vie for superiority. The scion of the losing galaxy shall be forever erased from existence. We never expected though, that the Empire we inadvertantly created would be the instrument of our destruction.

What we didn't realize though, is the Whill have given their galaxy an incredible advantage by using this incredible living energy. This "Force" hasn't necessairly manifested itself in the form of powerful warriors as we originally thought, but it has fueled the development of their civilization in ways so subtle it cannot be comprehended. As a result of this, their galaxy has a 25,000 year lead in terms of technology. It was our belief that humans needed to find their own destiny without any sort of help from the Q. The whill however, believe that humanity needs to have its potential shown to them in subtle ways so that each and every human, and not just a select few aspire to realize that potential.

Do you think you are unique because you are human? Well you would be mistaken. The interesting thing is that each and every galaxy has at least a small population of humans. Very few species are able to develop in multiple galaxies but humanity has somehow done it in every one. what is even more disturbing is that all human populations, despite setbacks such as war, are thriving.

A Galactic Scion such as the Q or the Whill is judged by how powerful their humans have become. Because the strongest humans will eventually become the new masters of time and space itself. All of the trials you have been given were stepping stones on the path to glory, I've been trying to get humanity over that last step for years and despite the best attempts of the Continuum I was succeeding! there was no point in stalling your species growth and now it has cost us everything!

By being here and telling you this I risk being discovered by the Whill, fortunately they are so far ahead in this conflict between you and the Empire it may not matter. Im telling you this because, well, I wanted to thank you Jean Luc. you showed me what it means to be human. I truly envy you, Imay have said things like that before in the past and taken it back, but on the verge of my obliteration I see the truth.

It is only a matter of time before the Empire wins though, as caretakers we have failed and the galaxy that is now ours shall belong to the Whill. The Q Continuum will be forever forgotten."

With a flash Q faded out of the room, Picard sat in his chair trying to absorb the words he had just head.

"One last thing,"

the disembodied voice of Q rang through his head

"Our little conversation was solely for my personal benefit, this really is my final goodbye, but you will have no memory of it."

The next thing Picard realized he was in his office alone, the only thing different being a greater sense of urgency to win this war. Picard, a man of high ideals would have to forego some of his personal beliefs regarding the merits of war in order to lead his people out of this darkness.

...End

Anyne who wishes to rewrite this so it is more legible feel free to do so. im ready for a snack and some sleep.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Rhoades
Youngling

Post by Rhoades »

I'll just say this...

Damn, this is a fine orginal explaination to the SW/ST cross-over. I like how it comes together, especially how you tied in the Whills reference.
Pastor Andy
Redshirt

Post by Pastor Andy »

It all makes so much sense now...

That is a very solid piece of back-story to any crossover. Motivation is key to any good piece of storytelling, and you've provided a reason/motive for the conjoining of the two galaxies. I doff my chapeau to you, sir!