C & C Suggestion AND COMMENTARY Thread

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

ViciousMink
Youngling

Re: C & C Suggestion AND COMMENTARY Thread

Post by ViciousMink »

Sso of course I forget to ask myquestion HERE where you said it should go. ><

Ahem. So. I remember that Stavro finished Starcrossed, but for some reason I cannot find the last chapters here. Did I miss something in the past few years? Or is there a database glitch or something like that?
The Jedi asked, "What is balance for me as a servant of the Light?" The Master replied,"Balance is not what you seek. For you it is accepting that destruction is a part of the universe."
-- from Koans of the Silver Master
Founder, the Cult of Wilhelm. "Praise be to Wilhelm. AAAAIIIIUH!"
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

No he didn't. It's incomplete. What's posted is where he just stopped and walked away.

Also, if you've been gone a while, reread the rules. Especially the one about not posting in old threads unless you have a really, really good reason for it.

Also also, waiting for Imperial Overlord's permission for the previous story and whatever else he wants reposted.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
ViciousMink
Youngling

Post by ViciousMink »

Huh, odd. I must have misinterpreted and misremembered some elements of what he had written. That's a real shame, it was going very well. Thank you for the information.

Again, I apologize for the gaffe; it will not happen again. I have been away for several years, and will reread the rules.
The Jedi asked, "What is balance for me as a servant of the Light?" The Master replied,"Balance is not what you seek. For you it is accepting that destruction is a part of the universe."
-- from Koans of the Silver Master
Founder, the Cult of Wilhelm. "Praise be to Wilhelm. AAAAIIIIUH!"
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

I was looking through the ToC and I noticed that it might be useful to add at least short descriptions of the stories therein, since it's not completely clear what each story is about just looking at the title.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Seen this thread?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

I was thinking, "Hey, maybe I should have links to the other announcement in both the story listing and chapter listing," but then I thought, "Oh come on; they're right beside each other. I know I want to make this user-friendly but that's just patronizing. Anyone should be able to figure it out." *sigh* No, I'm not doing it. They're right beside each other at the very top of the announcements.

So, anybody have any comments about the chapterization in progress, remember any other completed stories, etc? I'm thinking I won't bother with the shorter fics if they're small enough that the scrolling won't be too onerous.

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Chapterization is awesome and appreciated. I don't think there's much more to say, really.
XXXI
Darth Paxis
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Paxis »

Chapterization is incredibly useful when reading stories on the PSP, so thank you.
KAC-WG

Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Reposted Bladed_Crescent's "All the little lost boys and girls" in C & C. I'll be updating as needed. Chapterization will go up probably tomorrow.

Also I amended the rules for reposting. I'll put up cleaned incomplete stories if they have high readership. Feel free to add suggestions here as always.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The 'User' in 'User Fiction' is ungainly. Couldn't it just be 'Fiction'. plain and simple? So instead of UFFFFF we just get FIC?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

It's already in the Fiction section of the board, though, and it needs to clearly say, "this is where the story writing goes." But if you call it FIC for short, I'll call it FIC. Or maybe just Fics, unless something thinks of something catchier.

SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

I think Fics would be best. It is short sweet and to the point. User Fiction sounds awkward and as Shroom said ungainly. Fics is general enough to count for both fanfics and original works of fiction without infringing on the Fiction section name.
You will see the tears of time.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

I was thinking more as saying Fics as a short form/nickname, similarly as the mouthfuls of "Science, Logic, and Morality" and "Adult Relationships and Sex Education" go by SLAM and ARSE, respectfully. Having an official name of "Fics" won't be as clear as "User Fiction" to newbies or infrequent posters but we can unofficially call it whatever we want.

Manthor
Youngling

Post by Manthor »

Hi Mayabird could you consider adding Aeon Natum Engel and Aeon Entelechy Evangelion to the C & C?
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Added ANE. I'll be adding AEE shortly, as well as chapterizations of both. And yes, I'll update as needed.
[line 2]

aussiemuscle308
Padawan Learner

Post by aussiemuscle308 »

There's a lot of questions about fan fics and copyright, so i thought i'd repost this column here as it tackles that subject specifically in relation to fan-fiction

http://io9.com/5933976/are-fan-fiction- ... -art-legal
They also link to this website that claims to support fan-fiction and fan-works rights, which seems to be a useful resource.
http://transformativeworks.org/about/believe
========================================
If you believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand.