The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Forty One Up

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Baughn
Padawan Learner

Re: The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Forty One Up

Post by Baughn »

The inversion would be appropriate.

Someone should smuggle the angels a copy of 'A Very Scary Solstice'...
JN1
Padawan Learner

Post by JN1 »

JBG,
I'm in the shoot him on sight, then shoot him again and again, then again just to make sure. Before of course shooting him a few more times. :wink:
'Fire up the Quattro!'
'I'm arresting you for murdering my car, you dyke-digging tosspot! - Gene Hunt.
JBG
Padawan Learner

Post by JBG »

JN1 wrote:JBG,
I'm in the shoot him on sight, then shoot him again and again, then again just to make sure. Before of course shooting him a few more times. :wink:
Have you seen that photo of the tripod mounted triple rifle calibre miniguns?

:twisted:

After that, lend Stuart and Shep et al some bombers and nuclear devices with the explicit instructions that they are to enjoy themselves!
Valiran
Redshirt

Post by Valiran »

JBG wrote:

After that, lend Stuart and Shep et al some bombers and nuclear devices with the explicit instructions that they are to enjoy themselves!
You mean this thing?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just open the portal on Earth and start tossing nuclear-tipped Tomahawks through? Besides, Heaven is nice real estate, and it's a shame to damage nice real estate more than you have to to win the war.
Yes, but it wouldn't be as awesome as punching God with the Sun.
Peptuck, responding to Simon_Jester on the best ways to attack heaven.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Valiran wrote:
JBG wrote:

You mean this thing?

http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/RKB ... inigun.jpg
What military use does that thing even have, beyond "Oh look, a horde of Zulu's. Let's kill them all!"
Emerson33260
Youngling

Post by Emerson33260 »

Singular Quartet wrote:
Valiran wrote:

You mean this thing?

http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/RKB ... inigun.jpg
What military use does that thing even have, beyond "Oh look, a horde of Zulu's. Let's kill them all!"
I do not think the military has any of them; they are used by some exhibitors to wind up the attendees at gun shows and military equipment expositions.
"I have never had anything to do with duels since. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me now I would go to that man and take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet spot and kill him" -Mark Twain
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Most of the triple miniguns floating around are mere mockups, though at least one is real. Totally pointless for any military purpose. An automatic grenade launcher would be much more effective at killing people in the open at long range, and a single minigun is already overkill at short range. Galting guns in general only make sense when firing from or at aircraft, as you need volume of fire to make up for the high speeds involved. But even in those roles other solutions exist.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Ionic
Redshirt

Post by Ionic »

Whenever I saw them I always thought that they were some kind of point defence weapon for ships. Thats the only thing that I can think of that would want that amount of fire :-?
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Ionic wrote:Whenever I saw them I always thought that they were some kind of point defence weapon for ships. Thats the only thing that I can think of that would want that amount of fire :-?
A regular gatling gun already puts out practically a laser beam of steel/tungeston/depleted uranium/whatever that can cut inhalf anything that flies. Gatling guns are what people turn to when they want MORE DAKKA. Adding more just wastes ammunition.
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

WE NEED MOAR DAKKA BOYZ!

:)

Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

I want that gun hooked up to my car. Or a airsoft version.
Land Phish
Redshirt

Post by Land Phish »

How strong are the Hell-Orcs? If possible we need to recruit them into the army, give each one of them a GAU-8 Avenger and have them on the front lines as we invade Heaven screaming "MORE DAKKA!"

They would most likely turn on us after they realize that they're literally holding the big guns now but it would be SO COOL.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Land Phish wrote:How strong are the Hell-Orcs? If possible we need to recruit them into the army, give each one of them a GAU-8 Avenger and have them on the front lines as we invade Heaven screaming "MORE DAKKA!"

They would most likely turn on us after they realize that they're literally holding the big guns now but it would be SO COOL.
I imagine it won't be long before someone (maybe Caesar, maybe the French) starts fielding orc conscripts. I think I said it earlier, but I think that orcs could definitely find a place in Hollywood, if they can survive on earth. I'm sure someone is looking for a muscular orc to play the part of Thrall in a World of Warcraft movie.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
JBG
Padawan Learner

Post by JBG »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Most of the triple miniguns floating around are mere mockups, though at least one is real. Totally pointless for any military purpose. An automatic grenade launcher would be much more effective at killing people in the open at long range, and a single minigun is already overkill at short range. Galting guns in general only make sense when firing from or at aircraft, as you need volume of fire to make up for the high speeds involved. But even in those roles other solutions exist.
The picture I was thinking of was a "military motivator" picture but that one is better.

Of course it is over the top and impracticable on any number of fronts. But it was more of "in-your-face" imagery to make the point!

Blayne - 40K Space Orks would go for this. I spent enough time battling them with tooled up Space Wolves.
Valiran
Redshirt

Post by Valiran »

JBG wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:Most of the triple miniguns floating around are mere mockups, though at least one is real. Totally pointless for any military purpose. An automatic grenade launcher would be much more effective at killing people in the open at long range, and a single minigun is already overkill at short range. Galting guns in general only make sense when firing from or at aircraft, as you need volume of fire to make up for the high speeds involved. But even in those roles other solutions exist.
The picture I was thinking of was a "military motivator" picture but that one is better.

Of course it is over the top and impracticable on any number of fronts. But it was more of "in-your-face" imagery to make the point!
One of these then?

Blayne - 40K Space Orks would go for this. I spent enough time battling them with tooled up Space Wolves.
For those of you who are not aware, this picture pretty much sums up the Ork mindset.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just open the portal on Earth and start tossing nuclear-tipped Tomahawks through? Besides, Heaven is nice real estate, and it's a shame to damage nice real estate more than you have to to win the war.
Yes, but it wouldn't be as awesome as punching God with the Sun.
Peptuck, responding to Simon_Jester on the best ways to attack heaven.
GrayAnderson
Padawan Learner

Post by GrayAnderson »

More Dakka!
Heatherine
Redshirt

Post by Heatherine »

Is Stuart ok? I haven't seen him post in here in a long time, not even to answer questions or anything...
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

i pmed him a month ago. He said he had lost enthusiasm, but that he might come back.
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

Oh no! I hope hes alright, this is a very good story and I hope he continues writing it.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

You know, it's true. This thread has really more than run its course. I'd like to be an easygoing person, but 145 pages is plenty. We'll start another when Stuart feels like writing another chapter. And so, locky lock.

I will leave the criticism thread open for now if anyone has anything of importance they really want to say within the next week or so, but I'll be watching it closely. If any spam migrates there, I will crush it like my hometown the moment I get any power lock it too.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.