Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

al103
Youngling

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (New Mission CONTINUES!)

Post by al103 »

SAMAS wrote: If it looks like a duck, it may not necessarily be a duck, but can still be mistaken for one. If Mana's encountered TSAB mages before, they'll probably be the first thing she thinks of upon seeing their devices.

But, it seems she was referring to Nanoha an co, anyway.
No, she was about 'ritters. Thing is - even with changes it's either she shouldn't know who the hell TSAB are or should know that they are just ONE of MANY fishes in pond, while biggest.
Proud Nanoha/Yuuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

PS. Also support canon Nanoha/job, Honor/job and semicanon Rein/Agito.
PPS. In process of considering reborn Sankt Kaizer/reborn GEoM.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

al103 wrote:No, she was about 'ritters. Thing is - even with changes it's either she shouldn't know who the hell TSAB are or should know that they are just ONE of MANY fishes in pond, while biggest.
And your justification for this declarative statement is...?
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote: And your justification for this declarative statement is...?
Catgirl killing? I mean logic. Or at least my mind shatters when i attempt to imagine how she would know about TSAB but not about what TSAB is...

PS. On unrelated note i so want to see Chibi-Karim, Chibi-Acous and Chibi-Shach drop on Chrono head to say "Hi!!!" with pissing contest of Acous vs Kotaro on Infinite Hunt vs Inugami-tsukai afterwards...
Proud Nanoha/Yuuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

al103 wrote:Catgirl killing?
The Perefect Excuse!
I mean logic. Or at least my mind shatters when i attempt to imagine how she would know about TSAB but not about what TSAB is...
Now I'm confused, I thought I covered that with the following:
Story As It Stands Currently wrote:“Their weapons appear to be similar to those used by the Time-Space Administration Bureau,” The tall, long haired girl, Mana, answered, “Though the catridges are quite distinct.”

"Time-Space Administration Bureau?" Negi gasped.

"I've only ever seen them once before," Mana explained, "But they're mages from outside the solar system at the very least. The figures inside the pillar may be proper TSAB mages."
Suggested changes?
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

To think of it it's already better enough, just last week or so i'm in rant mode and can't snap out of it...

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

I have to agree that Mana's mysterious past is not carte blanc to do anything with her. Given how remote and unimportant Earth is to the TSAB and their rivals, it leads to serious and interesting questions about how she found out about this. Although not as interesting as why nobody on the Asura ever notices what's up with Mars.

Also, I note that the synch rate of Nanoha and Negi at this point is a measly 2%. Preforming combo magic with them right now would take about... 100 turns of standing next to each other doing NOTHING ELSE. For reference, I believe that Fate and Nanoha currently have a 40% rate and would only take five turns to be ready to pull off some combo magic...if they have any.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Vehrec wrote:I have to agree that Mana's mysterious past is not carte blanc to do anything with her. Given how remote and unimportant Earth is to the TSAB and their rivals, it leads to serious and interesting questions about how she found out about this. Although not as interesting as why nobody on the Asura ever notices what's up with Mars.
It ties into one of the true reasons the Sol System is such a backwater, actually.

No, Backwater is the wrong word. More like, "Radioactive Dumping Site: Do Not Disturb for 10,000 Years."
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Vehrec wrote:Although not as interesting as why nobody on the Asura ever notices what's up with Mars.
And what is with Mars? It was used as template, possibly anchor but certainly not a base for MW. MW is in different dimension and have whole set of different properties like for example Earth gravity...

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Well, that confirms it.

Chao's reveal at the end of the tournament will have people shitting bricks.
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote:Well, that confirms it.

Chao's reveal at the end of the tournament will have people shitting bricks.
Which doesn't say it will be good.

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Vehrec wrote:I have to agree that Mana's mysterious past is not carte blanc to do anything with her. Given how remote and unimportant Earth is to the TSAB and their rivals, it leads to serious and interesting questions about how she found out about this.
The first reason that comes to mind is that she and her Magister ran into a TSAB case during her NGO days and helped out. It's not that much of a stretch.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
HasegawaRayven
Redshirt

Post by HasegawaRayven »

I think I have to agree with vehrec on this one, Sure her mysterious past covers a lot, but TSAB on earth is the equivilent of deep cover(IE: In the "Prime Directive" way...), just like Mundus Magicus, and given that both are trying their damnedest to remain invisible to normals, it seems unlikely that the two would just stumble across each other without both groups finding out about the other.

If Mana could have run into them, then others from MM could have encountered TSAB or vice versa. Rumors spread, and things come out.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

The chapter after this one explains the apparent discrepency in full.

The only other clue I'll give regarding it is simply this: There's a lot more magic and magic-capable humans on this earth than in the regular Nanoha Universe. One of the big reasons why they did not stop by earth that often in the original was due to Magic's rarity. Here, because of the crossovers, we have a near magical overabundance.

To say more would spoil things. Not that I believe in spoilers, but I bet some of my readers do.
Browncoat

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

To clarify: I'm of the opinion that a Megacrossover to begin with is a delicate and temperamental work. One misplaced addition can bring the whole assembly to it's knees. I'm also aware that some pretty drastic alterations can be made in the name of unifying the whole. What begins to be a problem here isn't specifically that the TSAB might be aware of the manifold traditions of Earth's magicians or vice versa, but the number of such traditions, the variety of powers they exhibit and why there haven't been major unification or absorptions of some of these. Then I get to wondering why with Kaiju all over the place there's a building left standing anywhere in Japan. :P These kinds of things need a damn good explanation, and even if you have it, I simply reserve the right to be skeptical even after I hear it.

Also, the Sol system is nothing special in Lovecraft terms. Or at least, I don't recall it being anything special, although it handily answers a certain paradox about where everyone is. Your Lovecraft may vary, but it's in my opinion a bad move to make.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Vehrec wrote:To clarify: I'm of the opinion that a Megacrossover to begin with is a delicate and temperamental work. One misplaced addition can bring the whole assembly to it's knees.
Thank god I'm largely going with crossovers that have already been established in other media to a degree or six (to Kevin Bacon).
I'm also aware that some pretty drastic alterations can be made in the name of unifying the whole. What begins to be a problem here isn't specifically that the TSAB might be aware of the manifold traditions of Earth's magicians or vice versa, but the number of such traditions, the variety of powers they exhibit and why there haven't been major unification or absorptions of some of these.
Spoiler
I am fully aware of this and plan to fully exploit it to its fullest potentials because there has been unification and absorption. That said, Magical Philosophies tend to splinter appart like Religions due to the fact that Magic is Psychoreactive.
Then I get to wondering why with Kaiju all over the place there's a building left standing anywhere in Japan. :P
That one has an easy explination: Most appear first heading towards cities and are stopped well before then. Think of "Japanese City being leveled by Monsters" as the Jeffries Tubes of the ST:TOS. Rarely used, but it somehow became ingrained in our minds.

It still happened often enough for there to be reprocussions.
These kinds of things need a damn good explanation, and even if you have it, I simply reserve the right to be skeptical even after I hear it.
I don't begrudge you it either.

It's just that I can't explain things fully without dropping spoilery type answers. I mean, I could sum up the TSAB problem with a single, spoilery, sentance.
Spoiler
Mikuru Asahina and Captain Jack Harkness are and were TSAB Agents, repectivly.

It's not just magical traditions that become unified in this. But events, organizations and even people.
So, it's a little frustrating. Hell, that spoilery answer may just make things worse in your head until the pieces are all put together. The full explination IS forthcoming, and is actually an importnat plot point.
Also, the Sol system is nothing special in Lovecraft terms. Or at least, I don't recall it being anything special, although it handily answers a certain paradox about where everyone is. Your Lovecraft may vary, but it's in my opinion a bad move to make.
Just making a comment of how damn many Old Ones seem to be burried here. Hell, the Mi-Go use that as a resource last I checked.
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Vehrec wrote:Also, the Sol system is nothing special in Lovecraft terms. Or at least, I don't recall it being anything special, although it handily answers a certain paradox about where everyone is. Your Lovecraft may vary, but it's in my opinion a bad move to make.
I say look at it this way:

A cave where a bear hibernates doesn't mean much to the forest as a whole, or even to the bear, but it takes great importance to everyone in or near the cave because a bear is sleeping in it now.

Now, imagine two towns. One town is by the sea, and the other is in the mountains. Mid-Chlidia is the seaside town, while Earth is the mountain town the year every bear in the forest decided to hibernate in the nearby caves.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Well, it was bound to happen. After discovering the "Troper Works" section of TV Tropes, I can now painfully say: "Supernatural Taisen has it's own TV Tropes Page."

I want to do as little editing of that thing as possible. So, dear readers, feel free to go nuts while I block the fights out in more detail.

Because It don't feel right for an author to doing their own TV tropes page.
Browncoat

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (New Mission CONTINU

Post by Majin Gojira »

Chaos erupted across the battlefield as the Gadgets let loose volleys of blue beams from their central masses. The drones themselves proved to be little more than cannon fodder against the Mahora student body’s skills and weaponry.

Wodan was another matter entirely.

One of the tall students, Kaede, raised an eyebrow slightly as she watched her kunai and shuriken bounce off of Wodan’s armor or his blade.

So she changed plans, as he engaged Signum, Vita, Fate and Setsuna in melee combat, she aimed for the gaps in his armor and defense.

There were few, but her eyes caught them and she flung her blades towards them—one striking underneath his armpit. It appeared to stick, but Kaede realized that it had only penetrated the fabric and not his skin before the blade fell loose from its position. The same fate befell the multitude of blades Chrono sent towards Wodan—deflected or even bouncing off his armor. A few stuck in soft spots, but none deep enough to be considered damaging.

With one mighty swing of his colossal blade, Wodan then threw back his four close-range attackers several yards back. They landed soundly, but Wodan still sneered.

But others were waiting for just that opportunity.

From all around him, cries of various attacks went out—be it from the force of the attacks themselves or the throats of his attackers.

Wodan had underestimated them, and now he was surrounded—and out in the open.

Mana, seemingly from nowhere, pulled out a six-chambered grenade launcher and let loose several shells towards Wodan, only to see him use his blade to block each one. He did not even flinch as the shells detonated.

“As expected from a top Millennium Agent,” Mana said, as she readied a second volley. Over the din of battle, however, none of her allies hear her utterance.

“Your attacks are meaningless against Wodan Ymir!” he shouted before he charged towards the group—but in the next instant, he was completely enveloped in pink light to the cry of “Divine Buster!” from Nanoha.

When the light dispersed, he stood firm, his sword raised to block the bolt, smoke rising from his entire body.

“That...actually hurt,” He snorted and changed targets—to Nanoha, who was floating mid-air. Throwing his sword directly at her.

“Flash Move!” Raising Heart announced as Nanoha sped out of the way.

Wodan grinned.

The next thing Nanoha knew, there was an explosion and she was staring at Wodan’s face, with a great pain in her chest, with the pink lights of her shielding scattering and falling around Wodan’s large fist.

Wodan scoffed as he landed, “Set up so easily.”

Fate screamed as Nanoha began to fall, her barrier jacket’s primary defensive layer disintegrated.

Nanoha fell into unexpected arms—those of the field commander of the Wolkenwritter: Signum. Fate having just missed the interception.

A tense stare shot between them.

“My master,” Signum began, “would want no one to die under our watch.”

Fate blinked.

“We have two dedicated healers here,” Signum continued, “Keep Wodan from harming anyone else. I’ll back you up shortly.”

Fate had little choice but to trust her. She turned, to face Wodan as he knocked aside Kaede—or, what she thought was Kaede, as the one Wodan hit exploded in a puff of smoke.

Kaede appeared again, her fist holding a sphere of glowing energy, which she slammed against Wodan’s back.

Lighting coursed through his body and he shook uncontrollably. But when the seizure stopped, Wodan swung around with his fist towards Kaede.

She dodged, but only just. Wodan’s fist tore so close to Kaede that her clothes and even her skin were torn as his fist brushed against her stomach.

Releasing powder from her palm, He put as much distance between herself and Wodan as she could.

Wodan moved to press his attack through the smoke—only to be struck from behind.

Fate’s scythe slashed against Wodan’s back, and as he spun, she darted out of the way to slash from another side. Wodan growled expecting a third strike from her scythe, only to be struck by a powerful fist so hard that he stumbled—and the armor around the area she struck cracked and split apart from the force.

“Eeeeiiii---yow!” a female voice said as Wodan turned to face his attacker—the Chinese girl.

“You bypassed my armor!” Wodan yelled.

“I think I broke my hand!” The girl answered in Chinese.

Wodan moved to kick her, but she back flipped out of the way as his foot rose—but the force of it created a mild shockwave that caused her to stumble.

"Schlangenform!" Signum's sword announced as it seperated into a long, chain whip that was quickly surrounded by flames.

"Hyriu Issen!" Signum shouted as she wrapped Wodan in her whip-like blade and pulled it off him, causing him to spin and raking the blades across his form. Wodan actually let out a pained roar as she did so, but did not fall.

“Who this guy?” Ku-Fei asked aloud in Japanese to the others as Signum attacked.

Wodan slammed his foot into the ground, creating a shockwave that knocked over the less athletic students, but caused the others to stumble, as well as knocking away Signum's segmented blade.

The eyes of the Chinese girl, Ku-Fei, widened as she realized what Wodan had done.

“You are not the only one well versed in Ki, mongrel.”

“Then--" Negi realized, “You haven’t been using Ki or Magic before in this entire battle!”

Wodan stood firm as he retrieved his sword.

“I will cut you all to ribbons!” Wodan shouted as he took a stance.

Negi drew several cards from his back pocket and brought them to his forehead. Several of the girls nodded and took action.

Asuna charged Wodan, slashing at him with her sword. He effortlessly and casually blocked it with his own sword.

He also casually back fisted Negi as he rushed against his side, but Negi rolled with the blow and rolled on the ground towards Wodan—placing a single hand on him.

White ropes of light entrapped the giant, to his surprise.

“Un-incanted?” He muttered, but knew they couldn’t hold him for very long.

“Everyone!” Negi shouted, rolling back to his feet, “Short out his armor!”

The group nodded those that could prepared to attack, and Wodan realized that he couldn’t break out fast enough.

With two swift motions, Chrono summoned a multitude of blades. “Control, Please” his device asked before he let them fly with the pronouncement of “Stinger Ray!” into the joints and mesh portions of Wodan’s armor—they stuck loosely, but they stuck nonetheless.

“Ougi!” Setsuna held her sword aloft, lighting channeling, “Raimeken!”

With a slash of her blade in the air, she sent a bolt of lightning towards Wodan that struck the knives sticking in his flesh and traveled through his body, burning his body as it went and leaving him convulsing uncontrollably.

With a wave of her hand, Fate called up a circle or runes. Electrical energy gathered in the center of the circle as Bardiche called out, “Plasma Smasher.”

With a swift strike, Fate send the beam forward, striking Wodan full in chest, Wodan fought the urge to fall with all his might, but it mattered little as he was held up and in place by the bonds.

Kaede gathered power once again into a sphere in the palm of her hand. She made a hand-sign in front of her face and created 3 shadow-clones of herself. Each one carrying a sphere of electrical power.

She and her clones took positions around Wodan. They rushed him with their electrical spheres with such force that they appeared to pass through him as their movements shaped a cross.

Kaede and the clones leapt away as four odd grenades from Mana’s arsenal landed at Wodan’s feet. They let out bursts of electricity as they detonated, cascading more energy over Wodan.

The joint motors with Wodan’s armor began to short out and even burst. Wodan just gritted his teeth and stood straining against the bonds and the power that held him in place.

“Ras tel Ma scir Magister,” Negi incanted, “Come forth from the void, O Thunder, and cut down my enemy! Axe of Lightning!"

At his command, a massive ax-shape lightning bolt followed the downward motion of his hands and struck Wodan with surprising force.

Wodan’s armor finally gave out and nearly shattered from the waist up as the magical restraints followed suit. Wodan fell to his hands and knees. When the dust settled, Wodan stood with only a few burns, frizzled hair and smoke rising from his frame. Small, shallow cuts covered his body, but they were almost completely obscured by the dust and smoke the area exuded.
{{Battle Mastery Earned}}
“NO WAY!” The small white Ermine hiding in the back with Nodoka said, “Is he even human?!”

“Not by miles” a voice boomed, gathering the group’s attention. Alucard and Evangeline stepped out of the darkness.

“You!” Wodan shouted.

“Oh, so you know of me,” Alucard smirked, “Should I be flattered?”

“All of Millennium knows of you, Alucard,” Wodan spat, “And I’ll gladly take your head to my master to show my strength.”

“Oh,” Evangeline scoffed, “Like that would kill him now.”

Evangeline lightly flicked her hand to the crowds, “Stand back, Children. You’re about to get a lesson in team combat. So, Negi—take notes.”

“Yes Master!” Negi answered, to Evangeline’s amusement.

“You’ll die by my hand before—“

A shot rang out, cutting off Wodan’s speech—a sphere enveloped him and held him in place. Negi recognized it as the same shell that held the ancient demon from Kyoto in place before Evangeline destroyed its physical body. The source of the shot was Chachamaru, whom Negi spotted as she put the large anti-tank rifle down: her mission complete.

“Are you sure you’re up to this?” Alucard asked Evangeline quietly.

“It’s going to be a stretch, but I’ll manage,” she answered with a smirk, “Besides, there is no overkill.”

“Only ‘Open Fire’ and ‘I need to reload!’” Alucard roared as he raised his hands and focused on Wodan, boxing him in his line of sight with his fingers like a Hollywood cameraman preparing a shot, “Cromwell Restriction System override in 3…2…1… RELEASE!”

“Lic Lac La Lac Lilac!” Evangeline incanted.

“These hands of ours are dripping red!” Alucard roared

“With the blood of the guilty--” Evangeline raised a hand into the air and clenched it tightly.

“--And innocent alike!” Alucard added, following in suit, but with the opposite hand.

Standing next to each other, the hands furthest from Wodan clasped together as they shouted together, “Twin Fangs!” And gathered power in their clenched fists only to bring it to their interwoven hands.

“Your life,” Alucard smirked.

“…becomes ours,” Evangeline completed.

Bringing forward the black energy they had gathered with a massive thrust of their clasped hands, they shouted: "Vampiric Embrace!

The power shot towards Wodan like a tsunami, the tip of which eventually split into a jagged-toothed maw of darkness with a horrific screech that shook those present to the core. They had heard that shriek before, be it on the news or in person from another monstrous nocturnal predator, the fruitful and voracious kaiju known as the Gyaos.

The horrible maw bit down and enveloped Wodan before spiraling skyward like a massive waterspout of evil before flowing back into the vampires.

Evangeline breathed the power in deeply, nearly standing on her toes as she did so—while Alucard just let it wash over him.

“Delicious,” Evangeline purred as Wodan fell—but landed on his knees, alive and angry, “And look, it still thinks it can fight--how cute.”

Evangeline turned to Negi, who reflexivly started clapping at the display, "Well? What did you think?"

"Amazing!" Negi answered.

Evangeline smirked as Wodan steadied himself, preparing for a counterattack--but a second figure dropped from the skies directly next to Wodan. His black armor was more plate-like than Wodan’s, with larger, thicker pieces covering almost every inch of his body. The corners of each segment were sharpened into points or hard angles on the limbs and boxed off at the shoulders. On his back were two wing-like structures held folded against his back. It reminded Mana of a Steel Clan robot, but it appeared to be a copy made from observations and recovered parts. The face was highlighted by a pair of straight demonic horns on either side of the head as well as a large central, green jewel over the “Third Eye”. The non-solid bits of armor were tipped with bits of gold and red in various locations, with a dark blue underlying the plate armor. The insignia ont he shoulder, however, clearly alerted herself, Alucard and Evangeline to its true source: Millennium

“Wodan,” The figure said, “It appears you were going soft on them.”

“I apologize, Prime,” Wodan answered. Nodoka made note of the name as she heard it—but was horrified by what she then saw.

“I understand, wanting to test the TSAB—and the son of the Thousand Master,” Prime smirked, “I have finished my appraisal. I do not think this site will be of use to us.”

“I hate to interrupt,” Alucard growled, aiming a massive pair of pistols at the pair, “But I should insist that you stay here and die.”

“Look, Wodan,” Prime gritted his teeth, “It’s trying to speak to me. I should teach them all a lesson.”

Wodan smiled—but in the next instance the cry of “Divine Buster!” shot out, and both were enveloped in pink, the ground around them burned away as the beam from Nanoha’s staff shot forth. She stood firm, fully recovered from Wodan's attack thanks to the Wolkenwritter and Konoka.

When the light faded, Wodan was slightly charred and on his knee, whilst Prime floated where he once stood—one hand extended flat against where the blast had come from, a round shield of magic radiating out from it.

“How dare you!” Prime scowled, “Do you have any idea who I am?!”

Prime drew a sword from his waist, held it in front of him, hilt up and tip pointed to the ground and began to glow with a sickening black and red aura.

“There is only one person on this planet worthy of truly fighting me,” Prime growled, “And when I meet her, I will beat her into submission and take her.”

As spoke, a green beam from the jewel on the center of his forehead, burning off Alucard’s arms. This merely annoyed the vampire, who quickly began growing new arms, but before he did, prime shouted: “Embrace the Inferno!” And a sickeningly black and blue light radiated from his sword and quickly enveloped all before them.

Inside the darkness, the Wolkenwritter huddled together to maximize their shielding---but they had aid to their surprise. A tall, blue haired man in a white suit and mask that only had red eyes as conforming features.

“This battle will not go well for you,” the man said, “Flee while you can.”

“Who are you?” Signum asked.

“And why the hell should we listen to you?!” Vita added.

“I’m a friend, and as to why you should listen,” The man held out a linker core ready to be harvested, glowing green as it floated in the palm of his hand “consider this a peace offering.”

Signum gritted her teeth as she debated her actions, but when the black dissipated: Wodan, the Wolkenwritter, the man in white and Prime were all gone.

Negi Springfield lay on the ground, pale. His students quickly gathered around him—wondering what had happened in a near panicked state.
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2010-10-31 10:47am, edited 9 times in total.
Browncoat

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (New Mission Concludes!)

Post by Vehrec »

Nice, aside from your broken link at the start of the Vampiric Combo.

I wonder who can perform a linker-core transplant. Could the Asgard pull that one off? And on that note, didn't it take three months between the battle of Antarctica and the Replicators breaking free of the black hole? How much of that time is gone, and how will our heroes handle it without Jack being able to construct the Best Gun Ever (The Replicator Disruptor)?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Link fixed!

The Replicator Problem wil be dealt with...in like 7 missions or so, near the end of the Wolkenwritter resolution. The team will split up into an "Earth Route" and a "Space Route" around that time, while one side tackles earthside threats, the other travels into space and deals with the Replicators and the like.
Browncoat

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

As the dimensions snapped back to their normal nature, TSAB personnel quickly rushed Negi Springfield into their care, with his students forcibly following him a good deal of the way.

Chao Lingshen, co-owner of the Chao-Bai-Tze watched from a distant rooftop with several other figures.

Her 14-year old frame was the smallest of the figures on the roof. She turned to the white man with a cheery smile.

“Impressive, aren’t they Mr. Snow?” She said.

“Definitely dangerous,” Mr. Snow answered.

“He should be,” Chao said, “He’s my ancestor after all.”

“Why did you bring us here, Kid?” the dark woman standing close to Mr. Snow asked.

“I would like,” Chao smiled, “to hire you.”

“Planetary is not an organization that can be hired very easily,” Mr. Snow said.

“I know,” Chao rocked on her heels slightly as she answered, “But consider for a moment my overall goal. It lines up with yours rather nicely.”

“That it does,” The dark woman smirked.

“For this job,” Chao continued, “I would like Mr. Drummer to aid in the hacking of the Magi-Net system in place around the Mahora campus during the final day of the Festival.”

“Consider it open,” The Drummer twirled his namesake drumsticks between his fingers.

“Mr. Snow, if you could run interference during the ritual with Miss Wanger, I would be very grateful.”

“Easily done,” Mr. Snow answered.

“Also, Miss Wagner--”

“Jakita will do,” Jakita, the dark woman, corrected.

“Jakita,” Chao dipped slightly as she reached behind her back and produced a flier, “I would like for you to enter the Mahora Boudukai as well.”

“What?” Jakita scoffed.

“I want to give everyone a grand show before the change, and your legendary fighting skills would definitely make the tournament memorable.”

“Well,” Jakita mused, “It is something I like to do—“

“Oh, and before I forget,” Chao added, “If you take this mission, you can’t kill anyone.”

“What?!” Jakita roared, “Why not?!”

“Because I want to do this with as little pain as possible,” Chao answered, “The aftereffects of casting this spell will cause more than enough destruction and chaos for even your appetites, Jakita.”

“I just hate holding back,” Jakita pouted.

“But I’m sure some of the best fighters around will show up too,” Chao added, “So I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun!”

“Alight, Miss Lingshen,” Elijah Snow said, “We’re in.”
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2010-03-27 04:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
Browncoat

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (And a tiny bit more)

Post by Majin Gojira »

Jack knew there were problems, but the frustration on the faces of those currently atop the head of the RahXephon worried him. No one had seen the Ixtili in a week and attempts to access the mainframe or the cockpit proved futile. With the RahXephon inert and unresponsive, it took the Super Robots several hours to bring it back to the GUYS base. Its chaotic energy signature made it beyond even the combined might of the Asura and the Asgard Transporters to move. As such, many of the personnel connected to the RahXephon now found themselves staying with the GUYS.

Jack felt as though he was reliving life on the barracks with the small space accommodations. Daniel was having the roughest time adjusting to that, but he was also the only one who spoke the language fluently.

Well, not including those who came via TARDIS. When the Doctor explained that now he could understand any language spoken to him—but not read it, he thought it was pretty nifty. It annoyed Daniel greatly.

Distracting as they were, these problems paled in comparison to the plight of the RahXephon.

With such a massive problem concerning the most powerful known “Lost Logia” in this reality, UNIT Director Trevor called in an expert. Her name was Rachel Roth. Her list of aliases and code names were rather scary, including such things as “The Gate to Calamity” and “The Antichrist”.

Most people called her Raven.

She was apparently having about as much luck as the others. The Doctor and Yunno Scrya had their tools at work on the top of the RahXephon. All bathed in the light of glowing crystals that were embedded in its skull. It reminded Jack of Christmas lights, but it was nearing summer at this point.

Raven was rather tall, but dressed covered head to toe in a blue hooded cloak. Her facial features were long, and her lops matched her cloak.

“Is…this a bad time?” Jack said, bringing all eyes to him.

“No,” Raven answered, “I can’t delve any deeper without focusing aids.”

“I did warn you about the depth of its psychic interface,” The Doctor said,

“To be perfectly honest,” Raven responded in monotone, “It was a bit of an overstatement.”

“Well, yeah” The Doctor admitted, “But that was to try and let you know the gravity of the situation.”

“It’s a god machine,” she stated with a small smiled, “I don’t think it’s possible to overestimate the power or danger this machine wields.”

“Yeah,” Jack interrupted, “I enjoy witty banter as much as the next guy, but I’ve got some questions I’d like answered.”

“Of course,” Raven turned to him, “What do you need?”

“Just an update, really,” Jack said.

“You want to know if she’s okay,” Raven answered.

Jack blinked.

“Sorry,” Raven said, “It’s coming off you in waves. I couldn’t help but read it.”

“It’s okay—little weird, but not up to my normal standard of weird,” Jack assured her with a nod and a smile. But she was right; he was worried about the girl. The glimpses he saw from the RahXephon and talking to the TSAB technicians helped them piece together what was going on to a basic degree.

She was reliving a memory—effectively trapping her in a nightmare. Poetic language for a machine stuck in a play loop like a broken record, but the anguish Jack briefly shared with her made him prefer the poetic in this instance.

“I’ve done this sort of psychic surgery on humans before,” Raven said, “The whole God machine does make it more daunting, so I need to familiarize myself with its layout before I start kicking things.”

“Kicking things?” Jack raised an eyebrow in a manner Teal’c would be proud of.

“Just a metaphor,” Raven said, “Though Eiko prefers to call it a Bright Slap.”

“Please don’t abuse pop culture references when there are people here who have no idea what you’re talking about,” Yuuno sighed, his head held low.

“Or at least do so with more popular stuff,” Jack said, “Now if it was a Simpsons reference instead of whatever—”

“Anyway,” Raven continued, “She needs to be shocked out of it somehow. Not as simple as it sounds as the nature of her loop is rather hard to pin down.”

The Doctor leaned back on his heels and sighed, “That sort of thing happens when a machine is used to rewrite reality itself.”

Before Raven could continue, an alarm claxon sounded and red lights flashed everywhere.

“I bet that’s for me,” Jack said.

“All UNIT and GUYS personnel please report to Battle Ready positions” Konomi’s voice, strained slightly with panic, “This is a Priority 1 event. I repeat, all UNIT and GUYS personnel please report to Battle Ready positions.”

Raven closed her eyes, but quickly snapped them open, her face more pale than before.

“I guess that means we’re heading to the observation deck,” The Doctor began to walk away, but he, Jack and Yuuno found themselves enveloped in the darkness of Raven’s cloak as she said simply “No time.”

When light returned to Jack’s world, he and the others stumbled into the observation room of GUYS HQ. SG-1 and the members of GUYS were already assembled as they arrived, with the Super Robot pilots entering as Jack turned to shout at Raven “Warn a guy next time!”

Raven simply pointed at the monitor at the front of the room, where all eyes were transfixed. Jack noted that various expressions of fear and worry crossed everyone’s faces (except Teal’c, who just raised an eyebrow).

The screen held a live newsfeed from Krakatau, its namesake volcano erupting in a massive geyser of lava and debris.

“It shouldn’t be erupting like that,” Carter said quietly.

George shouted “This shouldn’t be happening at all!”

From amidst the fire, smoke and magma a black figure rose. A leviathan had dug itself from the center of hell to see the skies again. Its vaguely feline head was long and almost crocodilian in its maw, with two rows of terrible teeth. The creature stood upright like a man, with short, clawed hands pulling against the side of the Volcano. Down its back, maple-leaf like spines stood prominently in three rows, occasionally flashing with blue lightning. The monster then simply pushed one edge of the volcano top down and away so it could stride out of the lava which poured out of its mass as a conquering king. Unimpeded by anything nature wrought.

The headline at the bottom said it all, “Godzilla Returns!”

The monster blinked at the skyline which it had not seen in years and roared in triumph.
{{Mission 09}}
{{Return of the Monsters}}
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2010-03-27 04:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
Browncoat

Styphon
Jedi Knight

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Mission 9 Prologue)

Post by Styphon »

With apologies to the MasterCard people...

Finally getting the Big G on screen: made my day...
with just the right song for his arrival: even better...
and picking up a ball that Toho dropped twice: fantastic!

The look on Raven's face: priceless. :twisted:
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Question: Does the Book of Darkness also collect knowledge of certain things as well as spells?

Because the thought of Hayate slinging some of Negi's spells is bad enough. I just got the mental image of Signum trying to track down some Ki users so she can try Kankahou out, and it frightens me. :mrgreen:

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Just spells.

It then turns even the mosst basic spells into Map Weapons.
Browncoat