Be Careful What You Wish For (Nalifan)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Re: Be Careful What You Wish For (Nalifan)

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Crom wrote:Well, the biggest thing I found confusing about Paragon levels is how do you go about getting those levels in game? Does the character find, say, an old Drow and say, "Hey old-timer, can you show how to be a real Drow?"

Then he spends three months running through a swamp with aforementioned elderly Drow on his back.
In this case what happened is that both me and the DM looked at the book when it came out and said "This fits Nalifan to a T." There's lots of ways to justify in game, since its really just a set developing a set of skills and talents common to that race. "An elf of all elvish trades" so to speak.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Crom wrote:Then he spends three months running through a swamp with aforementioned elderly Drow on his back.
I barely avoided spewing apple cider onto my keyboard.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Crom
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crom »

Imperial Overlord wrote:In this case what happened is that both me and the DM looked at the book when it came out and said "This fits Nalifan to a T." There's lots of ways to justify in game, since its really just a set developing a set of skills and talents common to that race. "An elf of all elvish trades" so to speak.
I agree, it's definitely appropriate for Nalifan, both being a prince and an exceptional Drow. On a different note, it's nice to see a character who is supposed to have high intelligence (in the twenties I assume with Nalifan) actually come off as smart.
Alan Bolte wrote:I barely avoided spewing apple cider onto my keyboard.
I hope that's actually how Drow Paragons do it.
"Our people were meant to be living gods, warrior-poets who roamed the stars bringing civilization, not cowards and bullies who prey on the weak and kill each other for sport. I never imagined they'd prove themselves so inferior. I didn't betray our people – they betrayed themselves."

-Gaheris Rhade, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Crom wrote:
Imperial Overlord wrote:In this case what happened is that both me and the DM looked at the book when it came out and said "This fits Nalifan to a T." There's lots of ways to justify in game, since its really just a set developing a set of skills and talents common to that race. "An elf of all elvish trades" so to speak.
I agree, it's definitely appropriate for Nalifan, both being a prince and an exceptional Drow. On a different note, it's nice to see a character who is supposed to have high intelligence (in the twenties I assume with Nalifan) actually come off as smart.
It's easier to write hyper-smart than play hyper-smart, because as a writer you actually know what's happening and can thus have the character deduce things as appropriate. As for Nalifan's intelligence, 17 +2 drow bonus for 19 at first level, 23 by 16th level, 28 (+5 inherent bonus) by 17th level and then you have more leveling and the bonuses from magic items and then the heinous Int boost from Crown of Sorcery, which is an epic spell that mostly boosts Int and has a ward effect against Disjunction and Antimagic.

So very, very high by this point.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
tanor
Redshirt

Post by tanor »

What are exactly his epic spells?
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Unless he's developed some more offscreen, he's got two: 'The End of All Flesh', which is a single target 'die you rat bastard, and screw your defences' effect, and 'The Crown of Sorcery', which is a big old spellcasting buff with a duration of days.

Unfortunately, epic spells are expensive as bejeezus, both in cash, and far more importantly, in experience. Which is why my favored munchkin play is to just burn a staff of Excellent magic, at 650K gp a pop, to cover the experience cost.
Crom
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crom »

Imperial Overlord wrote:It's easier to write hyper-smart than play hyper-smart, because as a writer you actually know what's happening and can thus have the character deduce things as appropriate. As for Nalifan's intelligence, 17 +2 drow bonus for 19 at first level, 23 by 16th level, 28 (+5 inherent bonus) by 17th level and then you have more leveling and the bonuses from magic items and then the heinous Int boost from Crown of Sorcery, which is an epic spell that mostly boosts Int and has a ward effect against Disjunction and Antimagic.

So very, very high by this point.
Thanks! I wasn't sure what the Crown of Sorcery was when it appeared in other stories. I almost thought it was an item. He also carries two particularly powerful "rings," right? Spellbreaker and Weavebinder. I was kind of curious about the history of those items. Where did they come from?
"Our people were meant to be living gods, warrior-poets who roamed the stars bringing civilization, not cowards and bullies who prey on the weak and kill each other for sport. I never imagined they'd prove themselves so inferior. I didn't betray our people – they betrayed themselves."

Crom
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crom »

consequences wrote:Unless he's developed some more offscreen, he's got two: 'The End of All Flesh', which is a single target 'die you rat bastard, and screw your defences' effect, and 'The Crown of Sorcery', which is a big old spellcasting buff with a duration of days.

Unfortunately, epic spells are expensive as bejeezus, both in cash, and far more importantly, in experience. Which is why my favored munchkin play is to just burn a staff of Excellent magic, at 650K gp a pop, to cover the experience cost.
That raises a possible issue of experience. Nalifan, both by epic spell casting and separate projects, might be low on experience. That could add an extra complication when on the verge of an epic level fight with a horde of barbarians and their god.

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Crom wrote:
Thanks! I wasn't sure what the Crown of Sorcery was when it appeared in other stories. I almost thought it was an item. He also carries two particularly powerful "rings," right? Spellbreaker and Weavebinder. I was kind of curious about the history of those items. Where did they come from?
Bracers, not rings. He made them.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Crom wrote:
consequences wrote:Unless he's developed some more offscreen, he's got two: 'The End of All Flesh', which is a single target 'die you rat bastard, and screw your defences' effect, and 'The Crown of Sorcery', which is a big old spellcasting buff with a duration of days.

That raises a possible issue of experience. Nalifan, both by epic spell casting and separate projects, might be low on experience. That could add an extra complication when on the verge of an epic level fight with a horde of barbarians and their god.

He's had the two of them for quite a while. He also probably lost a level from getting killed one time I think, but that was back during 'With Justice For None', and he's been consistently kicking ass since then, so you can't really draw any conclusions about his current XP total.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"Those microcephalic orc fuckers!" Nalifan raged as he descended the guild hall's steps. "Do they fucking think that going up river with a few chests of cash is a viable plan? Their guards are more than likely to slit their throats and take all the money since there will be no fucking law. And if they live, they've only bought themselves a handful of months. Short sighted, coin squeezing morons!"

"Yes my lord," said Miranna as she followed in the arch-necromancer's wake. "It would have been wiser for the Guild to have given you the loan, but they did not." Her voice was level and emotionless.

Nalifan shot her a venomous glance. "Are you placating me or just being condescending?"

Miranna gulped as her mind raced. She had already seen how lethal he could be and how little remorse he had for killing. "Placating," she said nervously. The truth seemed like the best choice.

"Don't," he said. "Killing anyone over this would be counter productive so their precious hides are safe from me. I have a temper, but anger is my servant not my master. Remember that. Don't let your emotions cloud your intellect. As with wizardry, so with politics and war."

"I'll try to remember."

"Don't try. Do." He crossed the square and headed down a mostly empty street. The setting sun was obscured by Vinmark's buildings and wall, easing the strain on the drow's eyes.

Miranna realized they were headed toward Perfume Lane. "We're not-"

"Yes," replied Nalifan, "we really are."

"My lord, please-"

"Don't be a prude. I need you to translate. I can't negotiate terms in elvish." He slapped her in between her shoulder blades. "Relax. It's not like I'm asking you to be in the room while I fuck."

The apprentice stumbled. Nalifan grabbed her arm and held her up as she regained her footing. "Sorry about that," he said. He let her go and climbed the steps to the Rose Garden, a fine three story brick building with glass windows under the shutters.

The big but neat thug on the inside did a double-take when he saw Nalifan, but didn't try and stop him. Of course the drow was wearing a fortune in jewelry. There was a cloak room which Nalifan ignored, instead passing through the hallway into a large parlor where a half dozen beautiful women preened for the attention of a similar number of older and much less attractive men. A girl of about fourteen served the customers wine in glass flutes.

A blond woman with her hair in ringlets approached Nalifan. She wore skillfully applied cosmetics and a pink silk dress with a plunging neckline. "I do not believe that this establishment has ever entertained an elf," she said. "I am Denara, mistress of the Rose Garden." She extended her hand.

Nalifan raised her hand to his lips and kissed it. "Their loss madam. I am Nalifan, arch-mage to the queen." Miranna dutifully translated. The madam smiled as she received the words and gave Nalifan a practiced look that suggested she believed all the wonders of the world could be found on his person.

"A wizard as well as an elf. And in royal service. This house is honoured." She took a shallow bow. "How may we be of service?"

"I have an unusual request. I need the services of a woman who is intelligent and bold as well as beautiful and skilled. The engagement will not be brief."

"You intrigue me sir. Do go on."

"Further details will have to wait until after I have discovered the suitable woman." Miranna squirmed uncomfortably, but continued translating faithfully.

The madam gestured to two girls. "Please follow me to the Peach Room." She lead them down corridor into a sitting room decorated in a shade of pink that approached orange. The girls sat joined them. "I will be a moment," said Denara and she departed. She returned a minute later with two more young women. "Any one of these girls should fulfill your needs."

"Perhaps," said Nalifan. He softly intoned a spell. "I require a year of service as my mistress. While I do not enjoy humiliating or tormenting my lovers, the position is not without some risk from my political enemies although it is unlikely that you will be targeted. At the end of you will paid well enough to retire in comfort and that will be to you, not to this house. Who is interested?" He saw looks of calculation and avarice in the eyes of the women, but most of his attention was on their minds.

The willowy blond saw opportunity and was thinking about the possibility of selling him out. The petite red head was thinking just about how much money she could squeeze from him and the tall brunette was revolted by the idea of sleeping with a nonhuman. The last, well the last was interesting. She was thinking of being free and measuring the risks. She found him handsome and exotic was thinking about how to set things up so that the madam didn't take two-thirds of everything Nalifan would pay her.

Nalifan met her gaze. Her blue eyes smoldered and her pale skin and black hair reversed the usual drow colours. He gestured for her to step forward. It was a pity the only spell with translation abilities he had brought with him was the mind probe, but he would be fluent in the local tongue soon enough. "Do we have a bargain?" he asked.

"We haven't talked price yet?" said Denara, butting in.

"I'm not talking to you," said Nalifan. "I'm talking to her. Do we?"

"Yes," she said. "We have a bargain."

"Good," said Nalifan. "She's mine now."

"Wait a moment," said Denara angrily.

"You will be paid," said Nalifan, "and well. Except if you continue to oppose me. Then you'll be lucky to retain your life. Am I understood?" He focused the mind probe on her and saw the greed in her heart and manipulations she performed to try and keep the girl's under her thumb.

She glowered at the drow. Gold coins tumbled up out of a pouch on the drow's waist. "Twenty nobles to the crown," said Nalifan. "How many nobles is she worth? Well, she could make you a lot of money, but that's over the long term and before expenses. And the Khaduli may arrive before the long term does. You have nothing but force with which to hold her and force is signing your death warrant if you try to use it against me. Shall we say five crowns?"

"Fifty."

"Ten," said Nalifan.

"Forty."

"Twenty and not a coin more."

"Done. She's yours."

"I didn't think you'd pay," said Miranna.

"Not the wisest strategy for the long term. Bargaining hard is one thing, but stealing is another. I'm going to have to deal with these merchants." He turned to his new concubine. "Tell Lania to collect her belongings."

"How do you know my name?" the whore asked.

"I read your mind," said Nalifan. She went even paler. "Don't worry, I liked what I saw." He stroked her cheek. She was about an inch taller than he was. "Just remember, I play to win, no matter what. You're on my side, so that's a good thing. Stay on my side and this year will be both pleasant and profitable. Shall we go?"
Crom
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crom »

Now I'm curious about how Nalifan, on the eve of an invasion, considers acquiring a concubine a high priority. I can't wait to see what happens next.

dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

What no comprehend language memorized, or does he use the translator to buy time.
Or does he feel that very usefull 1st lvl spell is beneath him :P
Very nice update can't wait till
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

dragon wrote:What no comprehend language memorized, or does he use the translator to buy time.
Or does he feel that very usefull 1st lvl spell is beneath him :P
As has been made clear, he has only a limited selection of spells with him at the moment. He knows a large number of languages and his previous body had a permanent tongues spell, but that doesn't help him at the moment.
Crom
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crom »

Looking back over all this, I hope that Nalifan fucks over this kingdom. Vanyard pretty much deserves to be razed by the Khaduli Hordes. Well, that may be excessive, the leadership in Vanyard deserves the Khaduli Hordes.

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Nalifan lead Lania by the hand up the stairs towards his rooms. "You can go," he said to Miranna. "What's left of the day is yours."

She nodded, despite being behind him and darted away. Lania hesitated. Nalifan gently but firmly drew up the remaining steps. "Humans need more sleep than elves," Nalifan said in Saltuth, passing over the issue of the difference between the reverie and normal sleep. He didn't have the vocabulary to discuss the differences. Yet.

"I need to learn the language quickly. So I need more than one trainer, yes?"

Lania nodded and then her eyes grew wide. "You mean me?"

"Yes," said Nalifan, his touch causing the wizard locked door to open. A cat looked from where it was lairing in a basket in the corner. The door closed behind them. Lania started. "Magic," explained Nalifan. He took the woman into the next room and removed the trunk and sacks containing her personal possessions from an impossibly small bag. He touched the trunk. "What this?" he asked.

"It's a chest," she said.

"Chest," he repeated. His pronunciation was off.

"No," she said. "Chest."

"Chest," he repeated, getting it right. He touched the bed. "What this?"

"What is this," she said. "Bed."

"What is this," he mimicked. "Bed. Bed." He smiled. It was friendly, not threatening. He pointed at his left hand with his right and wriggled his fingers. "What is this?"

"Hand," she said. He stepped forward and held up a finger. "Finger. Index finger."

He leaned closer to her, looking into her eyes as he laid his hand on her chest. She flinched at the contact. Her heart was beating like a bird's. Her eyes were wide and her breath was ragged. Fear, not excitement. He removed his hand and stepped back.

She would have sex with him if he wished, there was no question of that. She had sealed and sold herself according to the bargain they made. He could have her. It had been sometime.

But he wouldn't. Not like this. He wasn't seventy anymore and he had changed, even if he rarely admitted it to himself. Or more accurately, rarely admitted some of those changes. Others he treasured. And there were practical reasons to take it easier on her as well. Pragmatism and personal taste (he would not use the word "morals" for this, even if it did apply) were united in a mind that never stopped trying to find the edge.

"Easy," he said in elvish. She didn't understand. He lacked the vocabulary for this. His mind came up with a solution a moment later. "No," he said, making a crude hand sign that unmistakably indicated sex. "Not now. Just bed and sleep."

She nodded. He gently held her forearm. She trembled, but then relaxed. Her pulse dropped down to near normal. She smiled nervously, but the fear was gone from her eyes. It was a start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nalifan waited until she was sound asleep before rising from the bed with stealth a cat would envy. He walked into the work room, paused to pet the cat that decided to rub against his leg, and softly intoned a spell. The window opened in response to a cantrip. The arch-necromancer contracted into himself and a large, fox eared bat stood in his place. He flutter-hopped to the windowsill and took to the air, his magic closing the window behind him.

He flew out above Vinmark, a dark mass studded with bright lights from a few houses and the lanterns of the well to do districts. The bat didn't need that much light, of course. Nalifan knew exactly where he was going. The city stretched beneath him as he flew over, descending towards the river. The house came into view.

He circled it twice to be sure. Yes, this was the one that Garreth had pointed out earlier, one of dozens of notable buildings. A low burning fire was still sending smoke up the chimney. If a bat could have smiled he would have.

The homes of a dozen wealth men had found been included in the tour, but priests and merchant princes receive deference and prompt responses from the authorities and possess agents of investigation and retribution of their own. Hated loan sharks, on the other hand, do not receive much in the way of legal support and have no reach into the palace. Such consideration put Rikard "Pliers" Trenson on the top of Nalifan's to rob list.

The low burning fire would have scorched a mundane bat badly, but Nalifan enjoyed a certain amount of protection from fire. The bat hopped out of the fireplace and became the black clad arch-necromancer again. He crept from room to room, his eyes piercing the gloom and his sharp hearing alert for the sounds of squeaky boards or movement.

Pliers may have had an elaborate hiding spot for some of his ill gotten wealth, but he put the lion's share of his cash to work for him in the form of usurious loans which meant that he needed cash close at hand and easy to get to. That took the form of a heavy chest at the foot of his bed. Nalifan stood in the bedroom doorway and contemplated killing the big man sprawled in his bed just to make things easier or going ahead and using magic to open the chest and hope to empty it stealthily without waking the crime boss.

He settled on the latter. He could always kill Trenson if he woke up. He softly spoke the spell and the chest's locks opened. He stepped forward and opened the lid. It was nice, smooth, and silent. The hinges obviously were well taken care of, probably because they saw frequent use. Silver and copper glinted inside. Nalifan was mildly disappointed, but quantity had a quality all of it's own. He began transferring the wealth to his person.

Trenson snored through it all, dead to the world. Drugs and alcohol could be beautiful things, the drow thought to himself as he completed the robbery. A small pouch that rested on top of the mound of coin had turned out to possess the weight and the gleam of gold inside, brightening his mood. He had wealth enough for the short term.

Trenson was still dead to the world. Undoubtedly he would be enraged when he awoke, but that wasn't Nalifan's problem. He wouldn't look in the royal palace for a thief. The drow shifted form into a cat and slipped away, turning back into a bat and flying up the chimney and back to his rooms. He closed the window and slipped back into bed next to his sleeping concubine. How many talents do you have, my beauty? he thought privately. What can you do and what will you do for me, if I offer the right incentive?

He was bound by magic, but she was not. What he could not do, others could do for him. Secrets that he were hidden from him could be unearthed by others. Lania had to become his lover as well as he concubine and Garreth had to harbor some kind of ambition. He would see to it that it could be fulfilled by his hand. Miranna's loyalties were elsewhere but she was half way to believing that only Nalifan could deliver for her master and liege-lady and he had seen her eyes when he had shown her the simplest shreds of magic. I had been two days and he had gained three hands and a modest war chest. The pieces were beginning to fall into place.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Poor Nal. I see his mor... er... "Pragmatism and personal taste" did not stop him from stealing from a low-life.

Kaeryn would laugh at his "not 70 anymore".
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Crom
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crom »

I'm beginning to notice that once you're as high a level as Nalifan, you no longer really need specialized support, like a party rogue.

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Crom wrote:I'm beginning to notice that once you're as high a level as Nalifan, you no longer really need specialized support, like a party rogue.
That starts well before the point Nalifan's reached.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

A gust of wind blew open the door to the manse and behind it came Elvarra. She wore a long grey cloak and a broad brimmed hat over tight fitting vest, shirt, and breeches. The door slammed shut behind her. She tossed the hat on a rack near the door and removed the smoked lenses from her eyes. "It's good to be home."

She strutted down the hallway waving aside Tina's offer to take her cloak. The petite human darted back, bowing. "Laerasis," asked Elvarra, "where is that most delectable master of the house, the one you don't have the good sense to lust after?"

The major domo smiled. "Alas I must console myself with not losing the competition for his attentions with your most splendid and beautiful self. However, in the absence of the most glorious master of the house, may I offer my personal services to my most sublime mistress."

"Tempting, but I think I will avail myself of my consort's many charms. Where is he?"

"Absent my lady, as I said. He decided to take a trip to Sembia several days ago. I assumed he would be back in time to great you, but perhaps he has found something to hold his interest."

Elvarra scowled and reached inside her vest, removing a small platinum amulet set with cat's eye stone. The talisman was warm in her hand. "Nal?" she said softly. "Nalifan?" she repeated louder. "He isn't answering." There was a tremor in her voice.

"Kheshet," she said forcefully. The air above her outstretched right hand shimmered and a crystal orb a foot in diameter appeared, hovering several inches above her hand. Fear and rage burned in her gold eyes as she focused on the crystal ball. Mists flowed inside the sphere, revealing nothing. She barely restrained the urge to smash the orb into the wall.

She spat out a curse which reverberated through the air. Crystalline light fixtures exploded throughout the hall, the carpet around her boots smoldered and caught fire while the wall to her left groaned and a crack ran ripped through it from floor to ceiling. "The torments of Baator are not as terrible as what I will do to the ones responsible for this. Laerasis!"

The major domo fell to one knee. "Command me, my lady."

"Gather them all."

"'Them', my lady?"

"Nal's friends. Whoever took him was able to take him. That means I'll need all the help I can get."

"My lady, there are those of us who can, who will fight. We-"

"If I need your arms I will call upon you. Now summon his friends." She turned on her heel and headed back for the door. Laerasis paused to stomp out the fire and then hurried after Elvarra.

"My lady, where are you going?"

"To visit his tailor. Whatever has happened to Nalifan, he is not answering my call and the most powerful scrying I command cannot find him. I'll have to find him the mundane way." She spoke a word and vanished with a loud pop.

Talwyn Ustroth looked up to Elvarra Desanna striding into his newly repaired shop with a look on her face that would slag steel. Merciful Ilmatar, not more drow, he thought to himself. He had only just finished repairing his shop from the damage the last group had inflicted. "My lady-" he began. One didn't tell an incredibly powerful sorceress that you prefer it if she would take her wrathful self elsewhere without a certain degree of finesse and a smooth coating of polite deference.

"You. Tailor. Was Nalifan here recently?"

"Indeed he was my lady. He picked up several items and then departed."

"When was this?" Her stare was merciless. He felt like a bug that was about to be impaled on a pin.

"Three days ago I believe. He left and there was a minor commotion when he teleported away in the square."

"The one just outside the shop?"

"Yes, my lady."

Elvarra turned and walked out with another word. Talwyn turned to his son Gregorus. "These drow are either going to make me very rich or kill me. When I die, don't take any new ones as customers."

"Father, I'll be dead before they get their first wrinkles. The current customers will see my grand kids to an early grave. Or to retirement in a pleasure palace."

Most humans have enough of a survival instinct to get out of the way of a furious drow. The crowds parted like mice confronted by a cat. Elvarra stalked forward, her gaze taking in everything. There.

She drew upon the power that flowed through her veins and and fed it into the remnant of the spell in front of her. The power fed and strengthened what remained of the energy matrix. A shot violet light suffused the air in front of her, shot through with veins of dark colour. Elvarra studied the patterns.

It wasn't a teleportation spell, or more precisely it wasn't merely a teleportation spell. It was a summons and a binding, a work of high magic that was unquestionably of faerie design and monstrously powerful. The magic trailed away into the Astral Sea and then the threads of power frayed away into nothing. Her mouth twisted into a feral snarl. If the faerie wanted war, she would give them a bellyful of it until they burst.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

I am suddenly reminded of a three-way crossover between Gundam Wing, Naruto and Buffy the Vampire Slayer that featured Duo Maxwell, Faith Lehlane(or however you spell that) and Uchiha Sasuke being summoned by demons. Sasuke was of the opinion that while it was all very well and proper for a demon to get summoned, he didn't like things the other way round. This casual attitude of adventurers thinking that it will never happen to THEM needs to be corrected now and again.

The fic I mentioned was the most elaborate crossover threesome setup I have ever seen. It's also the only crossover threesome that has ever compelled me to read itself, so good job reminding me of it. That fic was QUALITY.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Vehrec, you have no idea what Elvarra is about to unleash upon that poor unsuspecting world. This is why Nalifan has tried Very Hard to hide where he went. Once she's through with who took him, she'll start on him for being careless enough to get caught. :twisted:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Presuming he gets caught. It hasn't happened yet. :razz:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Skyfox120
Youngling

Post by Skyfox120 »

Rogue 9 wrote:Presuming he gets caught. It hasn't happened yet. :razz:
actually the fact that he was summoned and bound counts as getting 'Caught'.

On the plus side said world won't have to worry about invading barbarians anymore.... or greedy land owners.... or property in general.... unless you have used crater salesmen :P
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Vehrec wrote:snip
You're supposed to post a link when you mention good fanfiction, or at least give us some detail we can use to find it among the hordes of bad.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar