The Privateers of SDN

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

I can hear the splash as he leaves the boat. Nice wee story.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Stuart Mackey wrote:I can hear the splash as he leaves the boat. Nice wee story.
Yeah, I was half expecting that but...
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

Satisfying. Very Mal Reynolds-esque. Let's loot a wine shipment next, to toast their eventual collapse.
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Uh uh... Well, mr Reynolds deserved it. Just a question: what was the casul belli?
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

I mean the loyalty to the crew was like something Mal Reynolds from Firefly would display. And for the record, we have some homosexual and atheist crew members on the ship, which weren't allowed to pull into the fundie run town. Well, fuck em, someone else can get our money.
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

This sounds like fun sign me up ;P

I'm a USMC 0351 Assaultman, demolitions and anti-armor ops, on my second deployment both of which have been MUE's (for those that don't know that's where the Marines ride around on cramped little Navy boats for months at a time) and I spent some time in Al-anbar, doing patrols and IED sweeps etc. I also have some experience moving cargo on ships (I got stuck in "combat cargo" had to load all the greenside vehicles and equipment).

Anyways if you're planning any ship to shore missions or need to blow something up I'm always happy to cause carnage and destruction. Otherwise I'll be in my rack sleeping ;P

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Where/when in Al-Anbar?
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

northern north of Karmah, between Fallujah and Bagdad. June-september 07

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC