Death by chocolate (Short Story)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Death by chocolate (Short Story)

Post by Bluewolf »

Yet another little short, please do not berate me on the title, I suck at titling things:

AA T ¶
A stocky young teenager rushed through the peaceful suburban streets with the hot summer sun blazing overhead. The mildly obese adolescent had to find it. There could be no failure with this. It was the fine line between the sweet eternal joy in the season or the waste of breath; as well as the arrival of sweat along with fatigue that dragged him down to misery. His heart pounded as his eyes scanned the warm sunlit streets in an unfocused search to find his prize. Joshua had heard its siren-like song that filled his ears and his simple mind in some kind of readiness for its enticing call. His mad rush (which was reminiscent to a plump chicken tying to chase out an intruder in some act of bravery) had lead him into streets. People were taking advantage of the gleaming weather for their daily activities of work and leisure. Children on their brand themed bikes cycled around yapping to each other in the normal fashion. It was nothing out of the ordinary for Joshua but the source of that calling song was no longer around. It was taunting him to find it with the rewards it offered to Jousha, who was he to resist?

“Not...again...” He muttered in a frustrated manner under his racing breath. The idea of that chance too late made his anger flow around as if it were in his blood. The prize was his! He had been loyal to its call like a loving dog to get the thing his desire while giving something that it required in return. Surely he could have not lost it now? If so, when would it come back for him so as to throw down gauntlet of the rush to it again? Joshua moaned at the thought of having to keep up the patience. To have everything he wanted in this warm summer weather except that one item left which would make everything else incomplete. No, Jousha Stevens would not have that. Not having this wonderful but small item soon was not going to be a mindset to be followed down anymore. Looking around the common suburban residences he checked again to see any sign of it. Usually, though, its wondrous call was heard before it was seen. There was no wrong or right way to take now. Whichever way the rounded teen felt best would be the chosen course. With one look back at his house down the corner, the minor set off in his poultry reminiscent dash.

Sure Jousha’s mother (who was recently single after a divorce which had brought upon much financial stress) would be near enraged by her perceived waste of money on the prize but it was like his apple, a temptation. It was not as if she did not frequently buy perfumes-them being her apple. Maybe she did not have to know at all. It was not like it would be evident if he was careful. The only way for her to tell if, in her words he had “wasted our precious money “ would be to count her change sometime soon. “Not that she would remember it all anyway” His mind snidely thought as he came around the street corner. It was then that he had heard its beautiful call again. That loud oncoming jingle that sung to his very soul played out in full. Excitement built up in him like static. His faith had paid off and everything he needed to acquire his goal was now tucked in a pocket. The mental pictures of that classic selection along with the slightly sun faded but still loving multi coloured decoration. The will to go on and claim what he wanted drove him further. It was almost there. His heaven was coming. Rushing past the pavement onto the road he was looked. A loud skidding burnt in Jousha’s ears making him look to a whitish speeding blur and bang.

Jousha felt a massive impact smash into him, causing him crashing forwards then back onto the hard concrete. It was if his body was just a mere ragdoll. Every bone felt like it had cracked and the agony of it all had blossomed all over his body. His vision was blurred crimson. Jousha felt the warm trickle of blood sliding down his face. There was no time to scream. There was no time to fear what was going on. The only thing that his body seemed intent doing was shutting down. With that he gave out his final breath as the world around him faded into darkness. His blood had stained the walls of the vehicle he had been desperately perusing. What was once was a overweight teenager was just a broken set of flesh and bones for to look at in abject horror.
“I was hoping something like this would make my day...”
Joshua heard a voice. It was a calm fluid one with a mocking tone to it, as if its owner seemed to belittle others. Jousha’s eyesight seemed to rush back to him, as clear his day. His mind started to process what had happened and with a panicked cry he sat up to see two eyes watching him closely. Watching him, stood a fox-like creature only it was tan coloured with a black back instead of a rusty red hue and a white underside. Its ears were huge compared to its head. Its expression fitted its voice-mocking while amused. “Let’s see how long it takes you to work out what I am. Even better, let’s see how long it would take you to work out why I am here...but then again I don’t have all day.” Joshua’s mind could not process what was going on. First that screeching of tires, then that crash, darkness and finally this talking fox like thing. “Wha...” He grunted in disbelief. “No you are not going to get this at all are you.” The creature said in its belittling tone. “Do me a favour and look down”. In response to this Jousha glanced down to see a broken bloodied version of himself in a lifeless heap with a small blood puddle around it. Nearby was what had to be the man in the van dialling the emergency services. In horror at the site bellow him, Jousha gave a strangled scream and swiftly stood up. It was obvious what had happened as his eyes met the dented bloody bonnet of the van. “Oh god..no...” He whimpered as his eyes met the creatures face again (who was now gleaming).

“Oh yes...you know it child. Its not a dream at all, not some kind of nightmare you have in your little warm bed, oh no child. You are now dead.” The creature let out a chuckle which burst out into a full out a laugh. The creature was making no intent to stop itself in finding morbid humour in the event. “Do you know what is the icing on his bloodstained cake? You died.....heheh....you died for ice cream! “The fox like creature was in pure hysterics at this fact. Jousha’s wounds were being happily salted and anger as well as upset bubbled up in him. “WHAT DO YOU THINK IS SO DAMNEDF FUNNY you bastard fox!” He cried out in rage. “Your death, of course you thick little ball of fat. It is just so pathetic! Oh and fat ball, I am a jackal. Do you know what that is? I shall say it again, Ja-ckal. My name is Epoch but I also doubt you will say that right either”.

“What are you here for?” Joshua whined. Epoch sat by him looking up with a content grin on his face. “I am what you humans call the grim reaper. I take those who have died to somewhere where they are out of the way and not bothering anybody. Guess whose turn it is next”. Jousha stepped back in terrified realisation. “Look, I have my mom my friends my schoo I”-“Not any more you don’t” Epoch retorted. “Don’t you get it behind your thick veil of blubber that is cutting off any proper thought process from your ice cream lusting head? Life is over as are those things. Only your final death place remains and hopefully it shall fit.” Epoch walked back in front of Jousha. The boy himself observed many people rushing around his body with some screaming where the wail of sirens could be heard in the distance. His mind was in utter pieces and it could not handle what was going on. He felt like melting into a puddle then drying up in the sun.

“Time for you to go now. Try not to hit anything while I take you.” With that Epoch pounced onto Jousha. The boy let out a scream felt the icy cold pads of the jackal before darkness finally swallowed him again....

Critique welcome.