Fanfic Idea

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Fanfic Idea

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Here's an idea of a fanfic that I've been toying around with, but 1.) I don't have the time 2.) Frankly, this is far too much of a monumental task for me to do. Therefore, feel free to take this as your own.

But anyway, I was thinking....

150 - 200 years after the most recent NJO book. Everyone associated with the Classic Trilogy has died one way or another, and the galaxy is a vastly different place. In the aftermath of the NR and the YV invasion, the galaxy has been broken down and reformed politically numerous times, until you basically have the galaxy divided into quarters:

One is occupied by the Galactic Empire, who has now regained its strength and shed the NR-imposed moniker "Imperial Remnant" It has rebuilt a massive fleet mostly from KDY, Sienar, and Cygnus designs. It could either have a good relationship with the NR, or a resentful one, you decide.

One is occupied by the the New Republic, who have managed to rally and rebuild after the YV left. They also have a massive fleet built by MonCal, Rendali StarDrive, and Incom/Frei Tek. There could also be some overlap with KDY and Sienar designs, and vice-versa for the Empire.

One is occupied by a new Corellian Empire (I like to use the term "Corellian Confederation" because everyone loves alleteration:D) that was formed in the aftermath of the GE/NR collaspe. Their major shipbuilding concern is naturally CEC.

The final corner is occupied by a new and corrupt Huttese Empire. They even managed to set up their own shipbuilding concerns and a navy.

Just an idea, and just want to see what people think, and if anybody is willing to build up on the idea.
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Chiss?

Vong Remnant (there's GOTTA be some left)?

Ssi-Ruuk?

Those really mean guys with the Wolverine blade things?
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Just a few things:
-make the chiss part of the imperial faction
-don't use new ship designs! have the imps use ISD, VSD and ECS and that kind of stuff, while the NR uses MonCals and republican SDs - since SW is in a state of technological stasis it doesn't matter much if a ship is 2, 20 or 200 years old
-a semi-friendly relationship with the NR would be fine

btw, I'd just love to see/read about an old ISD which has seen much action in the 200 years of his life.
Supermod
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

How about taking your ideas and working with us in this thread? We need some more ppl. :)

http://www.stardestroyer.net/phpBB2/vie ... a2c736a445

-Jack "lates" Lain.
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Like I said I just threw it out here for someone else to use, but I'll think about it
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Is it going to have the OT characters' descendants? I thse kind of fanfics. Anyway, I know you're all better than that, and such an idea could become a good fanfic.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB