Rebirth of the Phoenix

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Lord_Vader
Youngling

Rebirth of the Phoenix

Post by Lord_Vader »

With a faint whir the door slid down revealing the contents of the inside, immediately spilling out and landing on the floor not so gently was a blue-skinned alien. A flicker of red appeared as the alien opened his eyes. A single thought penetrated the alien's mind "I’m alive!!".

After weakly getting up and letting his eyes adjust to the brightness of the room the alien stepped over to the nearby 'fresher and cleaned himself. Finishing moments later and donning a white uniform from a small cabinet that had been set up nearby, the alien busied himself with the data terminal that was at a small desk not too far from the fresher. Looking over various news reports and state of affairs trying to catch up on what had happened in the last 10 some odd years.

The only 'current' memory that alien had was a short trip to Nirauan before heading back to prepare the Empire's defenses against the anticipated Rebel attack on the Bilbringi shipyards. Forehead narrowing slightly the alien glanced at some historical text..."Ah yes so it was Rukh indeed as I had expected", thought the alien. Thinking yet more again to himself, "With my death at Bilbringi the Remnant has essentially been decimated, as was expected if I had died, it is time to initiate the pre-planned Operation Redemption."

With no more delay the alien stepped over to a console and inputted a command code informing the automated defenses to stand-down and not attack as he left the small hidden cloning chamber. "Yes the time for Redemption has come, and for the Rebels the time has come to pay the price for the lack of vision", thought the alien smiling to himself and without further ado activated the hidden door and left the chamber onto the path of destiny.

The lift the alien had entered was one of several that had been created to secret away the cloning chambers that had been placed underground below the Hand of Thrawn. With a beep the lift stopped and a secret door that led to the command center opened, surprising many of the Chiss personnel who had been walking by. Glancing at the newcomer they saw a white uniform and a distinct face that had not been seen in a long long time. With only a nod and a slight smile the alien continued on towards the command center to once again take command lead not only his people to greatness but that of the Empire as well.

“I want the reports on shipyard productivity for the Habila sector now not 10 minutes from now,” said Parck who was currently addressing a junior Chiss officer. “Yes sir,” and with that the Chiss officer turned and went away. It was then that Parck noticed a white uniformed Chiss strolling into the command center with a walk that he had not seen since…
“By the stars! It cant be…!?,” thundered Parck, briefly losing all Imperial calm and professionalism.
“I assure you it is quite possible,” replied Thrawn and with a brief glance taking in the new information of Parck being an Admiral, “I suggest that you call a medic here immediately to verify that it is in fact me and not some impostor like Flim,” finished Thrawn taking in the activity with his glowing red eyes.

Wanting to believe the impossible yet not wanting to get his hopes up Parck quickly spoke into a comlink and ordered a medic to the command center immediately. By now the command center was a bustle of activity as fellow officers began speaking very heatedly about the reappearance of the previously thought dead Grand Admiral. Saying nothing Thrawn continued to walk around taking in every detail and observing the various tactical holograms splaying out at the various stations and terminals spread around the area.

A medic then hurriedly came in and went straight for Parck.

“I need you to conduct a DNA test on this individual here immediately,” ordered Parck.

Bowing his head the medic walked with a certain speed straight over to Thrawn and then proceeded to take out an implement to conduct the test.

“I must warn you sir,” the medic stated “this might be a little painful.”

Simply nodding his head to continue the Grand Admiral rolled his sleeve and let the medic conduct the test.

After taking the sample and placing it in the computer it then ran a check on the DNA sample and the DNA that was database within the computers.

“Sir,” said the medic in an excitable tone “the DNA is an exact match!”

Without wasting any time Parck saluted the Grand Admiral, “Sir, I must say that it is indeed a pleasure and an honor for you to be with us once again. The Household Phalanx is at your command Admiral.”

“It is good to be back Admiral Parck, there is much we have to accomplish. Certain events are transpiring that could very well threaten the safety of this galaxy and I have no intention of letting anything like that happen,” replied Thrawn in a coolly modulated voice.

Oh yes there was much to do, and not so much time to do it in.

“Your orders sir?,” queried a young Chiss Lieutenant.

“We are to set course for these coordinates,” replied Captain Granar.

“There isn’t much out there sir, what is it the Admiral wants at those coordinates?,” asked a very young Commander Fosk.

Noting the concern and wondering about the nature of the orders the Captain merely nodded.

“It is not my position to question a superior officer over the nature of their orders, most especially when they originate from the Grand Admiral himself Commander,” replied the Captain in a gruff tone. Whatever the Grand Admiral deemed important enough to send Star Destroyer was bound to be worthwhile.

Roughly an hour later the Imperial Star Destroyer Ravager shot out of hyperspace at the coordinates that had been provided by the Grand Admiral.

“Commander inform the Grand Admiral that we have arrived,” said Granar.

“Yes sir,” and with that the Commander left in a hurry.

The Grand Admiral was meditating in his quarters. Various holoprojectors were showing off displays of artwork from several species. The Grand Admiral had moments ago accessed the Emperor’s Secret Files a fourth time and learnt a great deal. The New Republic would very soon be toppled by the Vong, some warrior race from another galaxy intent on conquering this galaxy. Thrawn knew that they would succeed, the Rebels would be no match for the Vong. Apparently the Emperor had foreseen the Vong invasion and had planned for it. Within the Secret Files were treasures of information that was critical to Thrawn’s plan for the revival of the Empire. The first of the treasures they were about to arrive to. The other treasures Thrawn would take care of in due time.

A sudden beeping noise broke the Grand Admiral from his brooding thoughts.

“Enter”

“Sir, the Captain reports we have arrived at the destination you provided for us. What are your orders now sir?”

“Inform central command we will need a Sector’s worth of ships here within a day”

A slight pause…

“Is there a problem with my orders Commander,” Thrawn said with just a slight touch of edge to the question.

“No sir, I am merely wondering why we would need a Sector’s worth of ships here since it is clearly out in the middle of nowhere”

“All will be clear in due time, now go and carry out my instructions Commander”

“At once sir!,” and with that the Commander left.

Waiting several moments and then slightly adjusting the pristine white uniform that only 11 others in the galaxy had the privilege of wearing the Grand Admiral left his chambers and headed straight for the bridge.

“Have my orders been carried out?” asked Thrawn upon entering the bridge.

“Sir we have just sent the command out to central,” replied Granar.

“Excellent, now I want this code transmitted immediately,” and with that Thrawn went over to a com station and inputted a code. Then nodding to the com officer the transmit was sent out.

Suddenly space nearby the Star Destroyer shifted and a maelstrom of energy was detected off the side.

“Sir!”, a crewmember from the sensor pit announced “it appears we have a gravitational anomaly off to the side of the Ravager. Appeared out of nowhere! We are detecting several metallic spheres along the periphery of the anomaly as well. We believe the spheres are some kind of network of cloaking shield generators that hid the wormhole”

“This is where the Emperor hid it as I thought,” said Thrawn coolly.

“Hid what sir?,” asked a very confused Captain Grebnar.

“The Emperor hid a wormhole from us Captain. It is through there that we shall breathe life back into the Empire and save us from the threat not so far off”, replied an almost dreamy Thrawn.

“I wonder what is on the other side” thought the young Commander.
"Join me and I will complete your training"
"You dont know the power of the Dark Side"