Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Updated)

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'd rather time be spent on figuring out which upgrades to go with for the various characters.

Once the next segment is published (either reconstituted or recovered or otherwise--but until I know about my Hard Drive Status, I don't want to write more yet), a full list of "Characters that are Upgradable" for the fic will show up.

And then the Crossover Power-ups begin.

As soon as I lay out all the options...
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Daniel and Jack both have mage or psychic potential-Jack's ironically the white mage type, with the healing and all, while Daniel tends to be more about projection of energy and telekenisis. Teal'c can normally get along by finding a bigger gun to tote. He might also benefit from secret knowledge of how to combat Lovecraftian entities hoarded by the Goa'uld Sam's tech-themed, and a former Goa'uld host, but nothing jumps out at me for a good upgrade for her off the bat. Modding a rifle to accept Belkan cartridges at some point might be entertaining, but ultimately it seems there are better uses for the things than making giant magic energy bullets.

More likely, SG-1 will get upgraded MAP attacks-we've already discussed giving Jack the ability to call down missiles for instance. Give Sam the ability to make a targeted enemy 'go away' using the teleporters.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

I would suggest some manner of Combination Attack as well (also, I would name it the SG-1 Dynamic Special)
Stuff happens, otherwise life would be dull.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'll be honest, I focused on giving SG-1 Heavy Armor related upgrades--well, except for Daniel.

That's sparked a few ideas for upgrades possibilities...

As for Combo Attacks...SG-1's would be more like the Uruz Attack than the Final Dynamic Special.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Your other thread DOES mention that War Machine is still operational.... XD
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Majin Gojira wrote:I'll be honest, I focused on giving SG-1 Heavy Armor related upgrades--well, except for Daniel.

That's sparked a few ideas for upgrades possibilities...

As for Combo Attacks...SG-1's would be more like the Uruz Attack than the Final Dynamic Special.
I only suggested that because there are four of them. Also, the Uruz attack only uses three.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

It's not about the numbers, but the weapons accessible to them currently.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

True. Still, I think that it might be a good idea for a Harry/Jack combination attack, as well as a human-sized version of the Final Dynamic Special. (We will need the overkill later, methinks.)
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I have at least 2 other versions lined up already on the human scale.
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

I just had an odd idea for an upgrade for SG-1:

The idea is that since RaXephon and Raideen are one and the same, this would be a secondary function that can be used to guard the RaXephon and/or it's pilot when the God-machine is not in use.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
HolyDragoon
Redshirt

Post by HolyDragoon »

*HolyDragoon blinks.*

Pardon my ignorance, but wasn't Raideen supposed to be a Super Robot that has "God" on half of his attacks? I fail to see where those... pardon the term... "Power Rangers 0th Generation" relate to the Raideen I remember.
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics" - Albert Einstein
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Basically, the idea is that the badguys, the Chou ma, seek to gain control of Raideen and the heroes are trying to stop them.

So it can kind of be considered like a side story.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Yeah, I know what I'm doing with Sentai teams already.

That said, a general life update. Finals for Graduate work will be consuming most of my writing time, so expect the next two weeks to be rather silent. I'll try and squeeze in some re-creation of what I lost as current recovery prospects look extremely dim.

The last version of the document i have is from February 13th, so I still have some of the notes, but not a few of the more recent posts (eh, they're posted already) and the most recent thousand words.

So rewrites are in order.
Browncoat

kilopi505
Padawan Learner

Post by kilopi505 »

Update. I'm addictewd to this fic and I want an udate.

Just...please update when you can. Please? :(
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

2-3 Weeks.

I'll try and shorten it, but...yeah, that's the projection currently.
Browncoat

HasegawaRayven
Redshirt

Post by HasegawaRayven »

SAMAS wrote:Oh, there's a lot of room for political maneuvering and cultural differences. Since pretty much the first Mission, for example, I've been imagining a talk between Jack and Lindy about the relative safety of Magic vs. Mass-Based weapons (regular guns, explosives and such). When Lindy mentions the ease at which anybody can use a Mass-Based weapon, Jack points out that a certain ten-year-old girl set off no suspicions whatsoever when walked into the base and rode an elevator with the President of the United States, until she gave SGC a new hallway renovation that they're still trying to figure out what to do with.
I forgot to comment on this one:

It's more a matter of not having the right assumptions wired in. In a Magical facility, Nanoha would have been locked down, just like any other magic user. Then again, they probably have the sensing equipment/skills to do so.

It's not her fault that no one thought of her as a possible threat. And what better bodyguard than one that even the protectorate isn't aware of? A LOT harder to detect and seperate.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

That was kind of the point. Both Jack and Lindy are looking at the situation from different angles, and in different ways, both of them are right.

HasegawaRayven
Redshirt

Post by HasegawaRayven »

Can you imagine President Xanatos and Nanoha actually getting kidnapped by people who had the resources to catch Xanatos off-guard? Strictly hypothetical of course, since Xanatos is a master of making things come around to his side.

"You guys are making me very cross." <DIVINE BUSTER!>
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

I just had a very odd thought.

What if the Device Harry gets is an upgrade to, or had the ability to upgrade, the Blue Beetle? Kind of like Vice's device in StrikerS.

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

SAMAS wrote:I just had a very odd thought.

What if the Device Harry gets is an upgrade to, or had the ability to upgrade, the Blue Beetle? Kind of like Vice's device in StrikerS.
He'd get quite possibly the coolest damn car in history.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Good news, folks! The Data Recovery people came through! I'll be getting my story stuff back tomorrow at the earliest!

Which is great because I really haven't had the time to work on it in the last two weeks :oops: .

My finals are almost over--so once they are, I can get back to this.

And I'll have a thousand+ word leg-up on it!
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Alright! Also, may I take a crack at making the stats for Harry Dresden (and possibly the Doctor)?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

The SRW type stats? Sure. Though two suggestion:

The Doctor is very much a support unit, and his spirits/skills should reflect it.

Harry should have the spirits "Daunt" and "Soul".
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Will do. I asked because I feel the need to practice for the stats that I post on the ND thread on SpaceBattles.com
EDIT: Not familiar with the "Soul" spirit command. (More used to OG1 on the GBA than the other SRW games (save Endless Frontier))
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

When in doubt, check the ]Super Robot Wars Wiki

For the record, Soul is like Valor Plus. Plus another half damage (2.5x multiplier total) that is.