Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Updated)

Post by SAMAS »

Kamikage wrote:While I agree that the TSAB can do what you suggest, it's just that the impression I get from them is that they are somewhat used to being the top of the dogpile when it comes to Lost Logia and stuff, plus there's also the whole "replacing the various magical systems of Earth with our own" thing that I just don't like (I think that their system of magic is somewhat limited in application than what you can do with some of the other systems that are on Earth, for example; in the Nanoha series the fights are just slash/blast at each other whilst dodging, and in the Harry Dresden books magical combat generally requires more basic strategy than that.)
I think that's as much a product of the viewpoint as any failings of the Author and writers. Keep in mind that for Mid-Chlidia, Magic is like electricity to them, and the use of which is refined to the point that we do with electrical power.

Plus, the TSAB is pretty much a powered-up Police/Counter-terrorism force. Busters, Shields, and Binds are ultimately all they need in their line of work. That isn't to say that Earth Mages aren't necessarily going to be able to teach the TSAB a few new, missed, or forgotten tricks. By the time Lindy says that they'll be able to drop the Masquerade Terran Magic, even if it takes up Mid-Chlidian patterns, will still be as distinctive as Belkan magic, if not moreso.
And finally, if you want the name of the fic where I got the idea for the whole "plotitical intrigue" thing search TVtropes.org for "Infinity" (Nanoha fanfics). P.S. Is it just me or is Nanoha the "Ranma" of the Magical Girl genre?
Oh, there's a lot of room for political maneuvering and cultural differences. Since pretty much the first Mission, for example, I've been imagining a talk between Jack and Lindy about the relative safety of Magic vs. Mass-Based weapons (regular guns, explosives and such). When Lindy mentions the ease at which anybody can use a Mass-Based weapon, Jack points out that a certain ten-year-old girl set off no suspicions whatsoever when walked into the base and rode an elevator with the President of the United States, until she gave SGC a new hallway renovation that they're still trying to figure out what to do with.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Don't forget that Lt. Tsurugi and Director Trevor were also armed with pretty funky weaponry.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

True, but they're still fairly noticeable, if not obvious. Nanoha registered as "non-combatant" to pretty much everybody until she started blowing the crap outta a Kull Warrior.

That's the second scariest thing about kids like Nanoha, Negi, and Hayate in this story.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Edit: Narry you mind. That idea is sunk. :twisted:

Now, I need to get back to writing...

God, I want to keep this in four parts--but the amount of character juggling is going to break 5K words by the time I post it.
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2010-04-04 10:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Second? Also, I am somewhat confused as to how TSAB HQ is going to take the Unseelie Accords.
Stuff happens, otherwise life would be dull.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Kamikage wrote:Second?
The first is their very existence/presence. Another scene playing in my mind, probably after the Mahorafest battle, is two characters, probably Jack or Harry talking with one of the "Old Master" types like Konoemon or Bre'tac, about how the world seems to produce heroes when it needs them. The fact that three extremely powerful and talented mages like Nanoha, Negi, and Hayate were all born in the same year suggests that something really bad that needs all that talent to deal with is coming.

And the fact that they are getting involved in the present situation at such a young age (when most other heroes would be only starting to show their potential) means that they will most likely be needed again.

It is, in effect, a sequel hook.

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

As for what JAM Project song to use, my first suggestion is Kanjte Knight from Shin Mazinger.

My second is one of the newer ones: Transformers EVO from Transformers Animated.

Yes, you heard me correctly:

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

I feel... cheated, seriously cheated and mocked that we didn't get that opening over here. But in my opinion if any Transformers series deserves that opening song, its the original cartoon (G1). And Prime's Seiyuu is Kabuto Koji from Shin Mazinger. Though I doubt that we can use Kanjite Knight for the song due to it being Shin Mazinger's Theme Music Power Up.
I would also open suggestions for Harry Dresden's Theme Music (my suggestion would be I'm Not the One by Sum 41 or, Creeping in My Soul by christine lorentzen.)
xie323
Redshirt

Post by xie323 »

Wow the last chapter was full of nightmare fuel!! I like it through.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Kamikage wrote:I feel... cheated, seriously cheated and mocked that we didn't get that opening over here.
Keep in mind that intro was probably made after Transformers Animated was already over (thus the spoilers like Purple Shockwave and the Starscream clones). The series hasn't even aired in Japan yet.

kilopi505
Padawan Learner

Post by kilopi505 »

When will Supernatural Taisen get an update? And when will anyone put this in the Cleaned up Fics section?

Can anyone please do that?
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

SAMAS wrote:
Kamikage wrote:I feel... cheated, seriously cheated and mocked that we didn't get that opening over here.
Keep in mind that intro was probably made after Transformers Animated was already over (thus the spoilers like Purple Shockwave and the Starscream clones). The series hasn't even aired in Japan yet.
Still, I feel cheated. Though, I think it's more about how much more badass that opening is, plus the song, than the ones over here. Also, what with the Doctor being here is there going to be any time travel?
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

kilopi505 wrote:When will Supernatural Taisen get an update? And when will anyone put this in the Cleaned up Fics section?

Can anyone please do that?
The next chapter comes whenever Majin gets the opportunity to write it. That can be as little as a week, or as much as a month, depending on what happens out here in the real world. Though if it takes that long he does try to warn us first.

Until then, I suggest you check out this thread, which is kind of like this story condensed into an RPG sourcebook. It's not an exact match though, but it does hold quite a few things in common, like Jack in the RahXephon.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Update Schedule is varied based on the realities of seeking a graduate degree in writing permits. Especially with finals nearing.

I constantly clean this sucker up, in fact, just a few days ago, I realized I got some dates wrong regarding the Dark History, so those had to be changed. Basically, I had to remember that both magic and Kaiju were active in the 70s. The 80s were a bit of a lull, but the 90s more than made up for it.

And I also mention its traces back to the first World War.

Thanks to G-8 and his Battle Aces!

As for time travel showing up, let me just say that if you are familiar with Negima, Mahora Festival will be all the answer you need.

The current chapter is a little over 1K words, and I don't like posting anything less than 2K.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

I was kinda hoping for this universe's version of episode 18 of Shin Mazinger. But still, now that I think of it, it probably wouldn'f be as awesome.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Bad new folks.

The external hard drive I was working on (I've been going through tech problems for months) may have been fried. Interrupted unnaturally twice in a row may do that. With my main PC in the shop and a month and a half of unique work on that hard drive....

Yeah, I may be fucked.

I can likely recreate what was lost for this story, but other works are essentially lost.

Pardon me while I fret.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

It's cool, so long as you don't wangst about it (minimum angst time for me if something like this happened: 3 months). Though I must say this might be a good thing (you will have more time to get some inspiration and better plan out what will happen.)
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Something I stumbled across on the internet, somewhat on-topic:

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

SG-1 manga whut.

No seriously, what the hell. They really cuted Sam up, didn't they?
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

The link man, give us the link!!!!!!!! Also, I've had this series of scenes where SG-1 fins Harry's lab and meets Bob the skull (brief summary; Jack has a somewhat strange and pop culture referance laden conversation, Daniel has a rather informative conversation invovling the history of Magic and the Nevernever, Sam's converstaion takes a turn for the somewhat perverted (on both sides), and Teal'c just stands there and has his eyebrow raised while Bob flaps his nonexistant gums) in my head for a while now. And finally I would like to extend my support to the author in the form of a massive explosion (but I, alas, can't) so I'll have to settle for offering to continously casting Faith and Trust until we see the end of this masterpiece, as well as my thanks for this masterpiece of literature and SRW-style awesomeness.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

As far as I can tell, it's just the picture, not a manga.

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Shame, personally I think an SG-1 manga would be utterly badass.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Wow, they really made sure no one would think Carter was Christmas Cake.
Browncoat

HasegawaRayven
Redshirt

Post by HasegawaRayven »

<gets out his Game-Doctor>

Rassa frassin new age Blu-ray POS...

<Begins meticulously cleaning the SNT game disc.>
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

May I suggest we spend the time between this chapter and the next by coming up with some NGE: Nobody Dies-style badass boasts for everyone in this fic?