Armageddon???? Epilogue Up

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Michael Garrity
Youngling

Post by Michael Garrity »

Greetings all:

How long was the campaign against Hell, fro the time when those first four baldricks were killed to the end of the final offensive operation?

Mike Garrity
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Michael Garrity wrote:Greetings all:

How long was the campaign against Hell, fro the time when those first four baldricks were killed to the end of the final offensive operation?

Mike Garrity
The book occurs roughly in 'real time', so the Message was January 2008, and President Abigor formally surrendered September 2008.

If you poke around for dates, you can find them. V-H Day must've been a big day on earth. I wonder if 'Liberation Day' will become an orc holiday...
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

From Lt. Wong's first missile launches, to Robert E. Lee's letter to General Petraus at the end of Chapter 85, and based on Stuart's posting dates, the conflict lasted eight months. January 11, 2008 to September 11, 2008.

Of course, Stuart as the God of this reality can assign whatever timeline he wants!
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
kingdragon
Redshirt

Post by kingdragon »

Maybe he can write a timeline to be part of an Appendix.

Don't forget to include a Dramatis Personae as well.
Lightning_Count

There once was a chap named Samael
Who's comments went beyond the pale
He thought he did rock,
but only sucked c*ck
And his life was made up of pure Fail
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Stuart...you may need to correct the early chapters.

In the early chapters, it seems to me that the demons KNOW where the captial of most countries is..and also, which nation is the most important nation on earth.

Which means, the demons DO have some sort of knowledge of modern day earth prior to the war.
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

ray245 wrote:Stuart...you may need to correct the early chapters.

In the early chapters, it seems to me that the demons KNOW where the captial of most countries is..and also, which nation is the most important nation on earth.

Which means, the demons DO have some sort of knowledge of modern day earth prior to the war.
Well, they're supposed to have some knowledge, but the information is highly suspect and extremely outdated, and is even more suspect once they realize humans are so much more powerful than previously believed.

Remember, human firepower has gone from "swords" -> "firearms" in less than a few centuries, and from "firearms" -> "hypersonic attack jets, tanks, and nuclear missiles" in less than eighty years. From the demonic viewpoint, that is an eyeblink.
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
GrayAnderson
Padawan Learner

Re: Armageddon???? Epilogue Up

Post by GrayAnderson »

Let me start by saying that this story was damn good, no pun intended. It had a nice mix of tongue-in-cheek humor (Satan's minions getting named by Gordon Brown quoting Blackadder comes to mind), nice battles, and lots of serious story thrown in. All of this together made for a great story, one which I look forward to seeing published (not to mention the second book of).

A couple of questions do come to mind which weren't unclear:
1a) What happens to "live" (as in not-yet-killed) humans who die while on campaign in hell?
1b) What about those who "actually" die in hell (and yes, my brain is hurting from the nuances here)? There were only a few that fell into this category, notably a couple recently deceased who were coming into hell at the wrong time?

I ask both of these because the fundamental properties of "live" humans, "dead" humans, and demons seem to be significantly different to one another.

2) There are gobs of ideas in my mind on how all of this would tinker with the world. I'll refrain from asking anything else right now to avoid spamming the thread.

3) Is there anywhere that active discussion of the story is taking place?
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

1a) They are sent to the hellpit just like anyone else. 1b) They are killed permanently. 3) No.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

GAAA!!!

Is it too much to ask for people (by which I mean you, Mr. Anderson) to not post in popular story threads months after the last post?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Master_Baerne wrote:GAAA!!!

Is it too much to ask for people (by which I mean you, Mr. Anderson) to not post in popular story threads months after the last post?
It is to much to ask

Thread locked due to thread necro
GrayAnderson next time you have a question like this create a new topic for it, if the original is a few months old make a new thread.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton