The Open Door (megacrossover)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

WillowBee
Youngling

Re: The Open Door (megacrossover)

Post by WillowBee »

Orks in their canon 40k form would disrupt neoChaos with their in-fighting and bigotry, but it’s possible for scientists to bio-engineer new subspecies to keep the Orks in check, like Angelic/Ork hybrids similar to Rei and Kaworu, or using genes taken from the sentient plantlife of the Star Wars universe as a template for Ork breeding.

Could an Ork become a daemonhost? From what I understand, they can live indefinitely as long as they aren’t killed in combat, similar to the WRAITH for the Stargate universe.
FLCNPNCH
Redshirt

Post by FLCNPNCH »

Sudden idea!

Getting Gurren Lagann included in TOD: Draw them into the 40k-Star Wars interdimensional war.

Mwa ha ha...

And I have no idea about the Ork Daemonhost thing. I'm leaning towards no, since wasn't the whole head asplode thing built in to prevent that kind of thing from happening?
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

The best thing to manage Orks would probably be the hybrid Ork idea. So long as the engineered Ork was bigger, greener, and could krump any up-and-comer but good, the other Orks would follow.

Bringing Orks into the fray would be awesome, but it really gets the ol' gears going. Like, what would happen if you gave a Mek Boy access to some of these extra-universal technologies? Like BSG FTL or Intelligent Devices from Nanoha? How Orky could you make the latter?

Ded-Killy Buster, set up. We'll krump them good, master.
Jaeger
Youngling

Post by Jaeger »

Mutant Headcrab wrote:Bringing Orks into the fray would be awesome, but it really gets the ol' gears going. Like, what would happen if you gave a Mek Boy access to some of these extra-universal technologies?
Bad idea! Orks blow themselves up enough with the tech they already got. NeoChaos is better off starting over from scratch with a pig/mushroom crossbreed, perhaps with a dash of raccoon for deadly cunning. For you Star Wars fans, check out the “Raccoons with Lightsabers” debate. There’s a webcomic called “Tales of the Questor” about how dangerous cute little raccoons can be. You’ll never look at the masked bandits the same way again. http://www.rhjunior.com/totq/
Darkemace
Redshirt

Post by Darkemace »

bobnik wrote:Send Pen-Pen :twisted:
WAAARK!!!
Valorie
Youngling

Post by Valorie »

bobnik wrote:Somehow I don't think a Tzeentchian Demon and former Thousand Son Chaos Space Marine would the best mentor/divinity for Orks.

Send Pen-Pen :twisted:
Poor little Pen-Pen has lived +60 years, a dozen lifetimes for a normal penguin, so he might be growing weary of mortal existence and yearn to become a daemon prince.

However, before Pen-Pen can ascend, he must appoint a successor.

Aside from another penguin, what cute animal should rise to power in neoChaos' political heirarchy? VOTE NOW!!!

Jaeger suggested Raccoons. Me, I'd be happy with any of the following: Cats, Armordillos, Gorillas or Organgutans (for a "Planet of the Apes" theme), Dolphins (TerryPratchett: "I don't trust anything that smiles all the time."), kangaroos, koala bears, pandas, etc.
WillowBee
Youngling

Post by WillowBee »

Valorie wrote:However, before Pen-Pen can ascend, he must appoint a successor.

Aside from another penguin, what cute animal should rise to power in neoChaos' political heirarchy?
A Platypus seems like a nice compromise between bird and mammal. They're huggable, got poisonous spurs on their feet, and have close political ties to the Battlestar Galactica settlers who've immigrated into their Australian neighborhood.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

I think you guys have already forgotten that Pen-Pen is now the God-Emperor Penguin...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
bobnik
Youngling

Post by bobnik »

WillowBee wrote:A Platypus seems like a nice compromise between bird and mammal. They're huggable, got poisonous spurs on their feet, and have close political ties to the Battlestar Galactica settlers who've immigrated into their Australian neighborhood.
Tzintchi wrote:The Colonials will get a quiet patch of Western Australia to settle and establish an autonomous enclave
I don't think they'd meet. They live at opposite ends of the continent.

May I suggest bears?

holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

MichaelAwesome wrote:
Jonen C wrote:Speaking of sentient fungi... Fic needs more Orks.
Before you can introduce Orks, they’ll need a god (or daemon prince) to regulate the WAAAGH! and focus their destructive tendencies. Khenmu, Tzintchi’s mentor, could be put in charge of the Orks as a test of his abilities to see if he’s worthy of becoming a Greater Daemon like Kali and Gunnhild. If not, for a short-term solution, Askulon could act as divine patron of the Orks, but absorbing the souls of Orks would affect her mental equilibrium and make her more powerful than the other neoChaos gods.
Err...Khenmu its a Daemon PRINCE of Tzintchi. There isn't anything higher than that on the hierarchy. Besides, the Orks are WAAAAYYY too wacko to have a Tzintchian Daemon Prince to the helm.....With the Orks only it would work someone from Asukhon, or a pair of Asukhon and Mislaato's Daemon Princes to control and channel the impulses of said Orks......
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
Sute
Youngling

Post by Sute »

FLCNPNCH wrote:Sudden idea!

Getting Gurren Lagann included in TOD: Draw them into the 40k-Star Wars interdimensional war.

Mwa ha ha...
Except Academia Nut has said that NeoChaos is avoiding TTGL. Something about being terrified of the people there, if I recall correctly. You don't summon people who can throw around galaxies if you haven't even managed to conquer your own galaxy yet. Especially not if you want to be able to retrieve something from the area intact.
MichaelAwesome
Youngling

Post by MichaelAwesome »

[quote="Sute]Except Academia Nut has said that NeoChaos is avoiding TTGL. Something about being terrified of the people there, if I recall correctly. You don't summon people who can throw around galaxies if you haven't even managed to conquer your own galaxy yet. Especially not if you want to be able to retrieve something from the area intact.[/quote]

Until neoChaos secures their own native dimension, they're better off limiting their interaction to low-tech groups that have good instructial infrastructures like SG-1's dimension, "Ghost in the Shell" (Tachikoma!), "Cowboy Bebop," "Farscape," various cyber-punk genres, etc. I mentioned "Cowboy Bebop" because their Gates a primitive form of phasing technology that allows civilians to travel great distances without equipping their starships with FTL drives, altering how matter and energy interacts to bypass the normal requirements to achieve such a speed. That, and I think Edward and Ein would make great additions to neoChaos' forces.

However, this is already a mega-crossover with over a dozen books and animes thrown together; we have too many unresolved plot threads to consider adding more crossovers to the pot.
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

Let's not forget that there are also groups that have been dimensionally displaced. For example, Prescia and Alicia, despite falling into a supposed dimensional void of no return, actually ended up in the hands of neoChaos. There are dozens of anime and other fiction that feature characters in this sort of situation. Some of which might actually be very bad (or very good) for neoChaos.

For example, what if the Gutsy Galaxy Guard found themselves appearing in neoChaos space? Or god help us, Nono from Diebuster? Either one would be potentially devestating against neoChaos, but at the same time they could become allies just as easily. The former would be more than willing to listen to what neoChaos had to say before jumping to conclusions, while the latter is inherently programmed to defend the Earth.

Great. Now I've got the mental picture of a GS Ride equipped Bolo joining the Robo Gundan, while a Mislaato influenced Nono starts hitting on every sentient machine she can find.
barricade
Youngling

Post by barricade »

Tis a pity we don't know more about the Half-Life universe (plus Portal). NewChaos showing up there could not only drastically turn the tide, considering a single Space Marine is likely on-par with a Strider at the very least, but they could pick up some seriously nice toys to play with.
Gravity Gun
'Super' Gravity Gun
Portal Gun
Overwatch Pulse rifle (mostly for the charged energy orb shots)
Yet more Bio-tech to play with (gunship, transport, striders, hunters, etc)
Xen Bio-Weaponry (Snarks, Wasp Launcher)
Gluon Gun
Tau Cannon (nuclear powered, and partially made from SPARE PARTS! Ultimate Ork gun)

That and then they'd also get access to Xen, the so-called 'Border World' that seems to be a small dimensional nexus for at least 4-5 other dimensions. None of which really seem to be too powerful compared to the powers/nations/etc NewChaos has already dealt with.

And the idea of a Space Marine Terminator with a built-in Portal gun, especially if its the 'fully' upgraded version (4 portals), and what they could conceivably pull off with one of those, just makes the tactician in me grin satanically.
Macross Daedalus Attack: Because nothing says "Frak You" like punching them in the face with an aircraft carrier.
Macross Frontier Version: Unless you use 2 aircraft carriers.

Named after a g/f! Sheesh, stop asking.
Jaeger
Youngling

Post by Jaeger »

Mutant Headcrab wrote:Let's not forget that there are also groups that have been dimensionally displaced. For example, Prescia and Alicia, despite falling into a supposed dimensional void of no return, actually ended up in the hands of neoChaos. There are dozens of anime and other fiction that feature characters in this sort of situation. Some of which might actually be very bad (or very good) for neoChaos.
5 Dimensionally displaced travelers:

1) “Martian Successor Nadesico” could’ve gotten lost in space/time when they traveled through that jovian Tulip portal: Ruri versus Reigle:” battle of the dead-pan albinos. Askulon is after Ms. Starbuck, so to keep things even Reigle could seek out Ruri as a new recruit for her flock. Tzintchi knows better than to play favorites with his three wives.

2) Moya, the leviathan from “Farscape,” has accidentally crossed into other realities a few times, usually due to a StarBurst malfunction, as a StarBurst is all about “riding the seams between dimensions” to achieve FTL travel.

Chiana, Rygel, and D’Argo would adapt to neoChaos well enough, but poor Zhaan and Stark would go catatonic or suffer brain damage from all the psychic energy.

3) Macross/Robotech

4) Heighliners from “Dune." Imagine LetoII as a disciple for Tzintchi, although he might be called 'Worm-King' or 'the Hand of Tzintchi instead of cannon's 'God-Emperor' title.

5) Any book or series that involves blackholes, portals, interstellar teleportation, FTL travel, manipulation of space/time, and dabbling in “that which mankind was never meant to know.”
EarthScorpion
Padawan Learner

Post by EarthScorpion »

barricade wrote:Tis a pity we don't know more about the Half-Life universe (plus Portal). NewChaos showing up there could not only drastically turn the tide, considering a single Space Marine is likely on-par with a Strider at the very least, but they could pick up some seriously nice toys to play with.
Actually, I'd suspect that Half-Life is an unobserved pocket in the main, Nanoha part outside Great Wall, but not under the jurisdiction of the TSAB. The ease of interdimensional travel almost precludes it being inside the Great Wall, and frankly it amuses me much more to see the Combine as a minor regional power in the uncontrolled regions, trying to expand their domains while desperately avoiding the TSAB noticing their interdimensional violations and deploying a proper fleet to suppress the criminals. Although a cynic might argue that the Combine are permitted to exist as long as they avoid areas that the TSAB care about and hand over all the Lost Logia found within their territories.
See the Anargo Sector Project, an entire fan-created sector for Warhammer 40k, designed as a setting for Role-Playing Games.

Author of Aeon Natum Engel, an Evangelion/Cthulhutech setting merger fan-fiction.
FLCNPNCH
Redshirt

Post by FLCNPNCH »

Jaeger wrote:
Mutant Headcrab wrote:Let's not forget that there are also groups that have been dimensionally displaced. For example, Prescia and Alicia, despite falling into a supposed dimensional void of no return, actually ended up in the hands of neoChaos. There are dozens of anime and other fiction that feature characters in this sort of situation. Some of which might actually be very bad (or very good) for neoChaos.
5 Dimensionally displaced travelers:

1) “Martian Successor Nadesico” could’ve gotten lost in space/time when they traveled through that jovian Tulip portal: Ruri versus Reigle:” battle of the dead-pan albinos. Askulon is after Ms. Starbuck, so to keep things even Reigle could seek out Ruri as a new recruit for her flock. Tzintchi knows better than to play favorites with his three wives.

2) Moya, the leviathan from “Farscape,” has accidentally crossed into other realities a few times, usually due to a StarBurst malfunction, as a StarBurst is all about “riding the seams between dimensions” to achieve FTL travel.

Chiana, Rygel, and D’Argo would adapt to neoChaos well enough, but poor Zhaan and Stark would go catatonic or suffer brain damage from all the psychic energy.

3) Macross/Robotech

4) Heighliners from “Dune." Imagine LetoII as a disciple for Tzintchi, although he might be called 'Worm-King' or 'the Hand of Tzintchi instead of cannon's 'God-Emperor' title.

5) Any book or series that involves blackholes, portals, interstellar teleportation, FTL travel, manipulation of space/time, and dabbling in “that which mankind was never meant to know.”
6) GaoGaiGar FINAL - After the Trinary Universe collapsed, GGG got spat out into a random universe instead of getting annhialated(sp?).

7) Cobray from Alpha 3

8) Masaki Endoh, pilot of Cybuster, getting so lost while looking for Shuu he actually warps space around him ala 8-Bit Theater's Black Belt.
Jonen C
Youngling

Post by Jonen C »

Shivans from Freespace 2?
Varje meddelande om att motståndet skall uppges är falskt. - BOOM FOR THE BOOM GOD! LOOT FOR THE LOOT THRONE!

My mother taught me that it is the right of every woman to be seen, acknowledged, courted and proposed to at least once daily.
So, if you are reading this and you are a woman, will you marry me?
WillowBee
Youngling

Post by WillowBee »

Proselytizing in low-priority dimensions:

Spam a planet with e-mails about “CHAOS: Fuck Yeah!!!” along with some bits of technical data sprinkled here and there in the file to trick scientists into reading the brochure in its entirety. A few small cults should spring up, and if not, it’s no real loss.

Technologies come and go, but the more species and races allied with neoChaos, the better. So far they’re an almost entirely human population with +20 million Syracusians, a few hundred Verpine and Talz freed from the Yuuzhang Vong, and the offspring of several thousand slaves taken from the Cardassian and Klingon empires assuming that the children of slaves are treated well and integrated into society.

NeoChaos’ biggest strength is its potential ability to support pluralistic cultures.

1) Every species and race has its strengths and weaknesses
2) Diversity prevents you from being completely destroyed by a super-weapon or disease that targets a specific kind of creature.
3) The new Chaos gods are the sum of their parts, i.e. souls, so the more the worship of Chaos Undivided spreads, the greater variety of souls the can absorb into their collective spiritual essence. Aliens can have mind sets that are very different from human mentality, which could allow them to comprehend concepts that humans cannot fathom, and vice versa.
Valorie
Youngling

Post by Valorie »

WillowBee wrote:Proselytizing in low-priority dimensions:

Spam a planet with e-mails about “CHAOS: Fuck Yeah!!!” along with some bits of technical data sprinkled here and there in the file to trick scientists into reading the brochure in its entirety. A few small cults should spring up, and if not, it’s no real loss.
The sad thing is that spamming a planet would probably work given humanity's fondness for 'spontaneous cults'. All you need is a few hundred people out of Earth's entire planetary population to actually read the spam, and cult cells will begin to pop up.

In the Star War universe, civilians often use infopanels and messaging centers to send and receive transmissions via the HoloNet, the local equivalent of the internet, but I could be wrong.
bobnik
Youngling

Post by bobnik »

What do you think this fanfic is? :twisted:
English is truly a Chaotic language; it will mutate at the drop of a hat, unmercifully rend words from other languages, spreads like the fabled plagues of old and has bastard children with any other dialect it can get its grubby little syntax on.
Gulping Again
Redshirt

Post by Gulping Again »

bobnik wrote:

Ridiculous amounts of glorious insanity possibly leading up to something akin to an impossibly epic Super Robot Wars-ish exacrossover googolplexfuck? That seems to be where Ac's headed with this.

I'm just wondering ifwhen he's going to slam Planescape into all this. Now that'd be some fun.
Jaeger
Youngling

Post by Jaeger »

Wookie got back! I've heard the phrase "hung like a Wookie," so the Reavers of Askulon might keep a few around for 'entertainment purposes,' as they're durable enough to handle the rough stuff without needing any performance enhancing drugs or implants.

Lars and Skuld indirectly implied that a lot of people in neoChaos have tentacle-related fetishes. Is this true? What about Furries?

You can't have an anime crossover without catgirls.
WillowBee
Youngling

Post by WillowBee »

bobnik wrote:

Oh, how devious! Using fanfiction forums and chat rooms as a means to scout for potential recruits/patsies/minions, a bit like "the Last Starfighter" where a kid with the highest video game score became a space pilot in an intergalactic war.
Jaeger wrote:What about Furries?
I wouldn't mind cuddling with a Wookie every now and again during the cold winter months.
holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

WillowBee wrote:
bobnik wrote:

Oh, how devious! Using fanfiction forums and chat rooms as a means to scout for potential recruits/patsies/minions, a bit like "the Last Starfighter" where a kid with the highest video game score became a space pilot in an intergalactic war.
Jaeger wrote:What about Furries?
I wouldn't mind cuddling with a Wookie every now and again during the cold winter months.
[img]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd27 ... AD.jpg[img]

Image Broken. We don't do that here, HolyKnight. Behave! -- LadyT
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!