Armageddon???? (Part Fifty Up)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

KlavoHunter wrote:If this does not happen I will light myself on fire in protest.
*pours gasoline onto Klavo in preparation*
That the dead are subject to an eternity of hideous torture, without hope of end or reprieve. That the same fate awaits us all.
Out of curiosity, who gets to go to the "good" side in the Cosmology you have, Stuart?

BTW, is the Message that everyone keeps referring to, this?
“I, Satan Mekratrig, Lord of Hell, Commander of the Legions of the Damned do hereby declare my dominion over the earth and all that it contains. Crawl to me, humans, knowing the eternity of torment that awaits you.”
e.g Satan saying "You all are mine, peons"; and the "betrayal" being God doing nothing in reply to Satan's power grab?
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Sean Mulligan
Padawan Learner

Post by Sean Mulligan »

It would be interesting to find out that Bush was actually chosen to be president by god like some of his supporters say. Only that god chose Bush because he wanted Bush to wreck the worlds most powerful military military so that the demons would face little opposition. Also, Bush wrecked Iraqs largely secular society. It would also be interesting if Jesus actually supported humanity but was decieved by god while he was alive. Maybe Jesus will defect to hour side and lead troops into battle just like in the book of Revelation.
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

Any question of gods or devils is quite irrelevant to that center core belief.
That's true, but I just wanted to add that devils, gods and supernatural creatures do exist in Buddhist mythology. There are hell-like planes of existance in which everyone gets a turn (including the gods and devils) before being rebirthed.
On another level, what does affect us is the assertion that all humans go to eternal punishment no matter what they believe. The Message made no distinction between the religions or stated that one would be exempt while another was condemned.
Buddhism states the same thing. Everyone, Buddhist or not, is going to go through samsara. Rebirth. In some way you can consider it an 'eternal self-punishment', except enlightenment offers you a way out.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

I like the fact that despite the grimness of the situation, President Bush-- and Stuart-- still has enough of a sense of humor to consider the political victory Clinton won by slaying the succubus. Too many authors ruin their stories by having the characters-- and the authors themselves-- take things WAY too seriously.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if hell were suicide bombed. Suddenly the guy wakes up ten minutes later and he's back where he started cleaning up his own mess?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

The Vortex Empire wrote:I wonder what would happen after death if they manage to kill Satan and Yahweh.
Eternal life? Well, this story assume that demons and etc can cross the boundary of life and death, and if humans manage to take out the ones in control over the life and death of everyone, bascially means we are in control over after-life.

So one CAN imagine a republic of hell or heaven in this case.

Although one thing is very weird with this logic, if we assume that the soul of every living thing that died went to either heaven or hell, won't the demons be alive, given that they just went back to hell?

But we can apply the illogic that soul can be created and destroyed, meaning we still will go somewhere after our soul was destroyed.

Ah...so that means we are basically immortals, we will not die of old age, but we can be 'killed' by acts of violence.

So Buddhism still can be applied in this scenario, given the final state of man is nothingless...

Just a question, Am I making sense?
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Although one thing is very weird with this logic, if we assume that the soul of every living thing that died went to either heaven or hell, won't the demons be alive, given that they just went back to hell?
Demonic souls CAN be permanently destroyed, in the biblical context. Our souls, on the other hand, are eternal thanks to being formed in the likeness of God.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
Demonic souls CAN be permanently destroyed, in the biblical context. Our souls, on the other hand, are eternal thanks to being formed in the likeness of God.
So that means people can use it as a rallying cry for the war.

Eternal life without being tortured? Join us in the invasion or something..
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

Demonic souls CAN be permanently destroyed, in the biblical context.
How are they created? It won't matter that you can utterly destroy demons if infinite numbers of them can be created instantaneously.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
In context, we already know that God is a lying sack of shit, so I wouldn't be too quick to jump on biblical truth as, no pun intended, gospel.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
fnord
Jedi Knight

Post by fnord »

So I guess Buckingham Palace hasn't seen fit to comment?

Otherwise we may get a headline like the following.

H.M. to Hordes of Hell:
BUGGER YOU!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

There’s even a suggestion that, by some sort of celestial Geneva Convention, these heralds are immune from attack.”

Bush frowned. “Attorney General Mukasey, has the United States ever signed an agreement to that effect.”

“No Sir, we have not.”

“Good, doesn’t apply to us then. Tell everybody to keep shooting.
If I was in the room at the time, as a random Military General; I'd probably have spoken up with the following words to the effect:

"Sir, perhaps it was not a good idea to kill them"

*dead silence*

"Sir, traditionally, diplomatic envoys have been protected from harm; because how are you to negotiate an end to a war or arrange for a cease fire if your messenger gets their head chopped off and returned to you on a plate?"

"This probably will limit the options available to us for war termination, should we choose to do so."
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

hongi wrote:

Demonic souls CAN be permanently destroyed, in the biblical context.
How are they created? It won't matter that you can utterly destroy demons if infinite numbers of them can be created instantaneously.
As best as theologians can figure, prior to the creation of the universe there were some 400 million angels. 1/3 of them rebelled, and were cast down. Demons can procreate like people (or even WITH people) so, they can birth more. The process is by no means necessarily swift, easy, or painless.

That's why some counts for total demon numbers put it as high as 10 billion.
ImageImage
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

I do believe it's high time we get rid of the Cold War era nukes...too many lying around for safety. :lol:
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

hongi wrote:
I do believe it's high time we get rid of the Cold War era nukes...too many lying around for safety. :lol:
Sadly, we havn't yet developed an IDBM (Inter-Dimensional Ballistic Missile).

I'm working on it, though.
ImageImage
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Sadly, we havn't yet developed an IDBM (Inter-Dimensional Ballistic Missile).

'Anyone who has been to the higher dimensions will know that they're a pretty nasty heathen lot up there who should just be smashed and done in, and would be, too, if anyone could work out a way of firing missiles at right-angles to reality.'

- Douglas Adams, 'Life, the Universe and Everything'
Firethorn
Youngling

Post by Firethorn »

MKSheppard wrote:"Sir, traditionally, diplomatic envoys have been protected from harm; because how are you to negotiate an end to a war or arrange for a cease fire if your messenger gets their head chopped off and returned to you on a plate?"
I was struck by the same thing. There are reasons for diplomatic immunity. Heralds/envoys/diplomats were traditionally protected as long as they followed certain rules.

Now, if said envoys traditionally hauled off humans, then they wouldn't be protected by diplomatic traditions. Of course, we also know that they traditionally don't consider humans worthy of respect.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Any word on when we'll get a new chap, or has our pet Beltway Bandit been a very busy one lately?
Image Image
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Starglider wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Sadly, we havn't yet developed an IDBM (Inter-Dimensional Ballistic Missile).

'Anyone who has been to the higher dimensions will know that they're a pretty nasty heathen lot up there who should just be smashed and done in, and would be, too, if anyone could work out a way of firing missiles at right-angles to reality.'

- Douglas Adams, 'Life, the Universe and Everything'
Someone needs to write that on a sign and place it outside BAE systems R&D....
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

I know how Hell can get trained soldiers:

Surely they have just about every German soldier who served in Russia from 1941-1944 in there; along with just about everyone from the Organs of State Security in both Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia....

that should be a good start for training their demonic forces on how to deal with humans and modern tactics.

EDIT: as for why they should help the forces of hell; well, a nice reprieve from having your entrails cut out and regrown, and then cut out again thats been going on since 1933 in one form or another should be enough....

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

MKSheppard wrote:I know how Hell can get trained soldiers:

Surely they have just about every German soldier who served in Russia from 1941-1944 in there; along with just about everyone from the Organs of State Security in both Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia....

that should be a good start for training their demonic forces on how to deal with humans and modern tactics.

EDIT: as for why they should help the forces of hell; well, a nice reprieve from having your entrails cut out and regrown, and then cut out again thats been going on since 1933 in one form or another should be enough....
Following that logic you could basically end up with Hell having the worst scum from every professional army in history. That would make for an interesting conflict.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

MKSheppard wrote:I know how Hell can get trained soldiers:

And if they figure out that they will be going back to the torture if they win, they will do anything they can to drag out the conflict. Or betray the forces of hell if it looks like the humans can actually end the torture.

And how long would it take someone to go insane enough to be no longer usable ?
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

This is awesome! I am seriously looking forward to the next chapter!
And how long would it take someone to go insane enough to be no longer usable ?
To be in hell and go insane.I think about a day minimum.Depends on the person.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

If you go insane in one day; then how is it "torture" if you can't understand it anymore?

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

MKSheppard wrote:If you go insane in one day; then how is it "torture" if you can't understand it anymore?
Just because you’re insane doesn’t mean you can feel pain and suffering, it just means you aren’t rational anymore. Anyway, considering what humans endured in Nazi and Jap camps in WW2 I highly doubt insanity would occur after a mere day, but sixty plus years should be enough.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956