Star Trek / Doctor who crossover - Time War

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Re: Star Trek / Doctor who crossover - Time War

Post by Themightytom »

your wrapping it up in one chapter? I am pretty curious what you are going to end up doing to DS9, the prophets and the doctor (assuming he's the Lonely God, and that you didn't just pull a fast one and swap the description over to mini Q)

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

To answer a few of your questions

1. Most of the scenes are written so I will definitely be able to fit the remaining scenes in one chapter.

2. The Doctor is the lonely god, however he is lost in the multiverse. Maybe he might end up in James cameron avatar universe and have adventures like my other fan fic. :D Or he could end up in the DC universe where he encounters a green ring which says <insert his real name> you have great will power. :P Who knows.

3. I will most probably have to write a DS 9 scene rather than a one liner mentioning what happened. Although I thought it would become clear by the last chapter what will happen to the Federation at large. Consider this. Before the catastrophe the Feds have slightly over 20 000 ships. They lost 10 000 in the attack against Gallifrey, 2000 against the Daleks, another 2000 to the Master and who knows how many in the Alpha, Beta and Delta quadrants (with the latter taking the least losses since they actually won over there). Besides Rassilon most TL aren't vindictive, but they are cautious.

If you were the Time Lords what would you demand of the Federation in return for your cooperation against the Master and in return for peace. What would your peace conditions involve.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

“I beg to differ.” Rassilon said. He had simply blocked the Master’s bolts and let the other Time Lord wither away. Rassilon was about to say more when he was struck from above as a blast of energy hit him, shattering the planet with him on it. Rassilon hurt, but still alive clung to a fragment of the planet drawing upon his reserves to heal himself.

“No, I beg to differ.” Q the younger smiled. It was time to avenge his father finally.
*cheers Q from the sidelines*
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Someones actually cheering for Q. Considering he was only meant to be a plot device. :P

Ok I did give him motivation so his actions would make sense. But ultimately it was he who drove the plot forward in a lot of ways. Manipulating Braxton to rescue the Daleks, using the Daleks own weapons against the Q continuum, provoking a war in the 29 th century and ending up having the Celestial Toymaker freed which provoked another war in the 31st . Plus he still has his parts to play.

Any way, I should have the last chapter finished shortly, its more than 5000 words but I only have one more scene to write. Hopefully it ties things up neatly, coming full circle for the characters (well some of them anyway).
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

mr friendly guy wrote:Someones actually cheering for Q. Considering he was only meant to be a plot device. :P

Ok I did give him motivation so his actions would make sense. But ultimately it was he who drove the plot forward in a lot of ways. Manipulating Braxton to rescue the Daleks, using the Daleks own weapons against the Q continuum, provoking a war in the 29 th century and ending up having the Celestial Toymaker freed which provoked another war in the 31st . Plus he still has his parts to play.

Any way, I should have the last chapter finished shortly, its more than 5000 words but I only have one more scene to write. Hopefully it ties things up neatly, coming full circle for the characters (well some of them anyway).
You did too good a job making him a sympathetic character, I was rooting for him too because
A. Rassilon is a bad guy from Dr. Who, and continues to be one obviously by cavorting with the borg.
B.Rassilon is uber powerful but it would be nice to see even him reach his limitts. knowing there are SEVEN planets of timelords who could reach that level, i think this can be done without threatening the status quo.
C. The guy has janeway for a god mother, he had it rough growing up, where the hell is his mom anyway?

mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Well the reconstructed Janeway is somewhere on one of the Gallifreys. The Time Lords are insular but aren't Dalek / Ku klux klan /Nazi level of racism. They didn't mind Leela living on Gallifrey for ages, so for now they keep her and all those other rescued from the Toymaker there until they can figure out what to do with them.

mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Chapter 21 – rise of the Timewyrm

31 st century – Mobile Time fleet platform

The first thing Romana noticed was that the figure attending her wasn’t Mr Fable. She didn’t recognise the figure but she could see the temporal energy it bled off. A likely Time Lord construct she thought. The next thing she noticed was the entity firing chromodynamic energy from one hand and “psychic bullets” from the other. Only problem was Romana was no longer there. Instinctively she time travelled, now that she had bonded herself with the Prophets and the remnants of her TARDIS, she could now do so without the need for a time ship. Unfortunately the assassin could follow her in the Vortex.

Romana didn’t even try materialising in a different location for the assassin could follow. Her only chance was to lose it in the vortex. So he reached back to the past, closer and closer to the beginning of the universe. The uneducated may think the so called Big Bang was an explosion the same way a photon torpedo explodes. It was in reality an expansion of space-time. However in the early moments of the universe, the temperature was intense. Even a TARDIS could not survive that, and Romana was gambling neither could her would be assassin.

Veering around Romana suddenly reversed directions, travelling back to her own time. Back to the future. Her pursuer turned to follow but Romana released a burst of energy. Her foe was not seriously hurt but pushed further into the past, until it reached a point where it could not return. Now Romana had another task she needed to complete with her new found powers.

* * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

31 st century – hidden from Time Lord scans

Within the confines of the regenerating Q continuum, the environment Q had chosen for this battle was a replica of Roman arenas. A very big oversized replica. Fitting for unlike the Roman arenas it was not mortals but gods which will contest this battle.

“The Klingons have a saying. Today is a good day to die. For you.” With that Q launched more attacks against the weaken Time Lord President.

“We have a non aggression treaty with the Q.”

“Yeah, and those Q are dead. I killed them turning the Dalek reality cannon against them. I am sure you will note the irony that I most probably saved your people when I did that. However today the debts are collected. For my father whom you killed.” Another blast rocked Rassilon despite his attempts to shield.

“If you kill me the Time Lords will just continue on. Even you can’t penetrate the quantum forcefield.”

“One Time Lord at a time.” Q laughed at his own pun. He truly had become mad. Suddenly the mad god was encapsulated in validium, as Rassilon utilised the Cold and tried to imprison him with the Organians. For a brief instant Q looked like he was frozen in a block of ice, only it wasn’t ice. Then cracks started to appear in his prison. With a loud explosion Q broke the living metal with effort, but broke it he did. “Not that easy Time Lord.”

In desperation Rassilon tried drawing on his gauntlet, however with a grace which belied the humanoid form he had adopted Q twisted out the way of the blast and grabbed the gauntlet. At his touch the gauntlet froze and finally broke. Rassilon barely managed to pull his arm out the way. For all the good it did as Q blasted him in the face. “I am so going to enjoy this,” as he pummelled the Time Lord president. Years of pent up hatred finally found their release as blow after blow rained down. Q had the satisfaction of seeing Rassilon’s face turned into a beaten pulp despite the latter’s attempt to heal. “Now hurry up and die.”

So saying Q rained more blows on him. Again and again. However to his amazement Rassilon’s face started healing. “No.” Q redoubled his efforts however the Time Lord continued to heal, until finally Rassilon reached out and grabbed his fist, squeezing it until Q felt pain. The next thing he knew he was hurled away.

“You made a mistake young one. You should have paid more attention to your surroundings, for while you were attacking me my TARDIS located me and I ordered it to materialise around us.”

Q looked around. The scenery remained the same. “You lie.”

“Oh?.” Suddenly the scenery changed to the pseudo organic appearances of some TARDISes. “It was necessary for the TARDIS to take the same appearance as its surroundings or else you will escape before it fully materialised.”

Despite realising on an intellectual level vengeance was denied him, Q the younger refused to cower in fear. Instead it just fuelled his rage. “Aaargh.” No words needed to be spoken, only the guttural sound Q made, because no words could adequately describe his pain. Q ran at the President, however his fist came perilously close, before it advanced no further. Despite all his attempts to run he couldn’t get any closer. It was like a human running on a threadmill set to his maximum speed. “No, no, no,” the younger Q shouted with frustration.

“Yes. But it is. At least you have more heart than your father. He would have begged for his life if I didn’t kill him quickly.” By now Rassilon was healed and he now caused Q to have his molecules separated and broken down. The mad god seem to dissolve as he was finally laid to rest, at peace.

“I have fought the Yssgaroth. I fought the Divergents. I have fought the Daleks. I have fought the Federation and now one of the Q. Thousands of battles and I won them all.” Rassilon shouted in triumph.

“Then you won’t have trouble fighting one more.”

Rassilon turned. It was Romana, she must have followed him via his TARDIS. Not only that she had breached the TARDISes passive defences. Impressive but she had just signed her death warrant. He gestured expecting her molecules to break apart just like Q the younger. To his surprise she remained intact.

“How?” Then he saw. “You are not Romana. You are a TARDIS programmed to take her form. A trick the Master used on Traken.”

“Look closely Rassilon. I am more than I was.”

And he did, he could see that she and her TARDIS were one. “So you finally succeeded in your living sentient organic TARDIS project.”

“At the end of time the Timewyrm will devour the first Time Lord. That has been our legend for time immemorial Rassilon. Since I don’t see Omega here I think that makes you the first Time Lord. Today even your vaunted immortality won’t save you.”

“But you are not the Timewyrm.” So saying Rassilon gestured and a gun flew into his hand. It wasn’t just a staser Romana realised. It was the Demat gun. So the old man had become paranoid and kept his own ultimate weapon on him. Rassilon fired.

Inches from reaching Romana a wormhole appeared. With the last remnants of the Prophets and Sisko now living through her she opened a wormhole with their power. The bolt of temporal energy travelled harmlessly into the wormhole. Suddenly Romana was behind him and she grabbed him and Rassilon suddenly found himself in the vortex. “Where are you taking me,” he shrieded, all the while struggling to free the Demat gun and point it again at that woman.

“At the end of time the Timewyrm will devour the first Time Lord.” Romana replied. It was then Rassilon realised he was being taken to the far future. So far even Gallifrey would have difficulty locating him. The perfect spot to kill him.

“I will not die.” Rassilon tried using his powers, trying to burn the infernal woman. Romana held on. Finally they reached further and further than any TARDIS had reached. All the while she tried to drain the president’s powers, the same way the Prophets could imprison their Pah Wraiths rivals. Rassilon’s struggles actually made his death knell much quicker as she drained him of power. Eventually they stopped their time travelling. By then Rassilon was too weak to even stand. Holding his face in her hands she starred at him, their faces level.

“Just as you stripped me of my very being, forcing me to live as a shadow of my self, I do the same to you. However I cannot allow you to live for you might try to once again enact the ultimate sanction.” Romana opened her mouth and beams of light surge from her eyes, her mouth into the President’s. Rassilon tried to scream but even that luxury was denied him. The Timewyrm had consumed him, the power of the Prophets allowing Romana to do what Time Lord technology by itself could not.

It was then that Romana realised she was not alone. Amazing even at the end of time there would be beings here. Hooded beings wearing extravagant capes and robes. She could sense their power. Despite herself she had to ask “Who are you?”

Their only answer was to point in a direction and a portal opened, then closed. Romana realised they wanted her to return to her time. She shouldn’t be here. Then she remembered Braxton’s last words. “Why don’t you die?” And she realised, she could not die, for she still had many tasks uncompleted. So Romana travelled back into the past, into her own time. As for the Watchers, they continued to stare impassively.

* * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Gallifrey – High Council meeting

“By ancient rights I claim the Presidency. Now that Rassilon is gone my claim predates any other Time Lord candidate. I invoke the right of challenge.” There Romana had said it, out in the open.

“We got rid of that antiquated rule long ago,” The Castellan mocked. “You have been away from Gallifrey for so long, what makes you think you can lead again?”

“She however can put her name forwards like any other Time Lord, with the matter being decided by vote.” Thalia reminded the others.

“I can promise victory over the Master race.”

“We have already cut off his reinforcements from our original universe,” The Castellan waved his hand dismissively.

“It will make no significant difference in the long run. He will find many worlds ripe for the taking and replenish his numbers. Despite the original being dead the duplicates are still cooperating amongst themselves.”

“Our fleets are now up to 40 percent strength. Soon we will simply erase him from time and space.” It was Maxil who spoke up.

“Don’t be so arrogant to think that we are all that matters. This universe is our home now. We should have been using our vast powers to help others instead of looking out purely for ourselves. It is time we now uphold what it means to be Time Lords.”

“Lesser races are not our concern.” Another council member spoke. It was Gomer.

“Then why did we not allow Morbius to take us to war, to conquer the lesser races.” Romana fired back. “If they are not YOUR concern then surely it follows that Morbius would have been allowed to do whatever he saw fit to them. Yet you would oppose Morbius’s intervention today if someone else proposed it.”

“What do you suggest?” Thalia asked.

“We open up diplomatic relations instead of isolating ourselves. If necessary we can bargain with minor technological trinkets. We play a part in making decisions which concern the galaxy and the universe.”

“Opening embassies do not worry me,” Maxil again spoke. “However I am interested in how you propose to defeat the Master race.”

“By combining Time Lord and Federation technology. Using Gallifrey’s ability to time loop..”

“The Master is a Time Lord. Until we have completely wiped out the anti-time infestation his ships may still have the means to break out of our time loops given time.” The Castellan almost crowed with triumph.

“Let her finish.” Thalia interrupted.

“Thank you councillor. As I was saying using our time loop technology plus the Federation’s ability to bend space, we isolate whole fleets into a separate pocket universe, just like how we are doing with the anti-time infestation. Before his ships can break out, we collapse space within the pocket universe. You saw the effect of such technology during the battles in the Alpha Quadrant. Such an offensive weapon has never been devised before.”

“With the Mentalis II platforms Drax devised we already can decimate any fleet that he sends against us.” The Castellan waved dismissively.

“It won’t be so easy if he hides in the Vortex,” Maxil pointed out. “The projectiles would be more visible in the vortex, theoretically he could intercept them. He certainly has enough ships and resources to build interceptors. Now I suggest a virus targeting his biodata, his old records are still with us.”

“It won’t work,” Romana interrupted. At least she hoped she was correct. “The Master isn’t stupid, he has had plenty of time to alter his genetics and biodata to prevent such a weapon.”

“I suppose so, for all his faults he is unerringly intelligent.”

“I may be willing to vote for you Romana, however you need to demonstrate more than a hypothetical weapons design.” Thalia spoke.

“What would you have me do Thalia?”

“Negotiate with the Federation the terms of their surrender. You have lived among them, you understand them better than we do.”

“Yes,” the Castellan added. “Our terms must include that they abandon any temporal technology. They can remain a space based power, but not a time active one.”

“Will the High Council settle for an agreement similar to the one we had with the People?”

“Limited research into time travel, limited capabilities of such in return for a non aggression treaty. I can agree with that. It shows that we have won and the terms would leave them less likely to be able to challenge us should they again prove recalcitrant.” Thalia nodded her assent.

“Unacceptable,” The Castellan shot back. “They can never be allowed any time active technology again.”

“I highly doubt you would have voted for me in the first place.” Romana said. “What of the other council members?”

All in all, most council members felt those conditions were suitable, so Romana would try to negotiate. However the Castellan imposed one more condition. To in his words guarantee that the pro war factions in the UFP won’t try and strike back against Gallifrey he wanted them to be the ones to negotiate the treaty. A condition which he felt would lead to a breakdown of negotiations. Fortunately Romana had a way to turn it to her advantage. Or so she hoped.

Gryben

“I don’t know why I was even chosen to negotiate the terms,” Alandra said.

“The High Council wants the most hot headed Federation factions to agree to the peace treaty. If the Doves agree to it whats to stop someone else like Gough’s factions violating the treaty behind their backs.” Romana explained. “You are the only Federation Captain to have a victory over us, so I managed to convince them that you represent the most hard core of the Federation military opposing us. The reasoning is flawed, but isn’t inconsistent with certain human behaviours so they buy it.”

“Timefleet isn’t a military and we would never violate our treaties.”

“Don’t be so sure. You are aware that recently declassified information says that in the last century factions within the Federation tried to provoke a war with Fluidic space.”

“That was to weaken our perceived rivals in the Delta Quadrant. At least it was before someone made a temporal incursion and changed Devorre history.” Alandra almost lamented that last statement. “The point was it didn’t specifically target Gallifrey.”

“Lets go on then. In the 29 th century section 31 stole Shada in violation of the treaty signed between Captain Matthew Smith and Rassilon 3 centuries earlier.”

Alandra couldn’t reply to that one. While the Federation had denied for years, by the 31 st century most people accepted that it happened. So she tried a different tact. “If we didn’t do that you wouldn’t be here.”

“You will not find me ungrateful. However the high council has nothing to be grateful about, and with Rassilon’s death lies our opportunity. If I can negotiate the Federation’s surrender, several influential Time Lords will agree to vote for me. Rassilon held the Time Lords together because he kept on winning our fights, however a virtual dictator is hardly a popular leader.”

“Yes, you have indicated that any Time Lord can nominate for President. I am surprise you think you can succeed. You, a renegade, estranged from their society.”

“My mentor once nominated himself for the presidency and eventually succeeded. He was nothing more than a renegade like myself.”

“End the flowery talk Romana. Tell the truth, there must be more to it if you expect to succeed.”

Romana gambled what to say next. Finally she decided the Timefleet captain should know the truth. “I told my Federation handlers that I was a friend of the old president and that when Rassilon took over he punished several friends and allies of his rival. It wasn’t completely true. I was the former President and Rassilon let my allies go for there was still a war to fight. Only I was punished. Officially for treason by virtue of incompetence.” She paused then before continuing “I didn’t see him wage that war that much better. It still grounded to a stalemate.” The smug reply was what the humans would consider a low blow, but she wanted to say it anyway.

“Your friends will no doubt openly support you now that Rassilon is gone. So you used us to get back into power. Wait you still need us. What will happen to the Federation? Surely you haven’t forgotten your husband, your friends?”

Romana vehemently shook her head. “Its not like that at all. I am doing this for the good of the Federation. If Gallifrey decides to prosecute the war when it gets back to full strength you can be sure they will do you what Rome did to Carthage. You could continue to fight but I doubt very much you would win even if I help you. However with me as President I can ease the terms for the Federation.”

“These terms are?”

“You will be allowed to build up your space fleets, but time ships will be limited. For now Gallifrey will make sure you cannot be a time active power again. I will push Gallifrey to end the madness on your worlds and eradicate the anarchitects. And I can return to you the prisoners who were captured during the battle of Gallifrey”

“How is that possible? I saw the ships disappear before my very eyes. No amount of sensor sweeps could detect what happened.”

Romana gestured. A transmat beam appeared and dematerialising was a human male in a Starfleet uniform. “State your name.” Romana asked.

“I am Doctor Nelson on board the Starship Endeavour. Where am I? The last thing I remember is trying to run the Borg gauntlet.”

“You failed. You were captured and imprisoned by the Time Lords.” With that Nelson disappeared again. “I am sorry,” Romana apologised. “But I am not allowed to have more time with him.”

Alandra nodded her understanding. Suddenly a thought occurred to her. “Romana, when you are president can you not surrender to us.”

“I am afraid that would force a revolt. The President isn’t meant to be like an Emperor. If you were a Time Lord would you accept surrender when you are winning?”

Alandra shook her head. “No, I suppose not. If I agree to your terms, we will need you to defeat the Master race. Their ships outnumbers what remains of our fleet.”

“I intend to redress the issue with the Master. All of his incarnations must be destroyed. If there is even one of him left its one too many.”

“Then lets start negotiating the fine print. If necessary I am sure journalists in the Federation will spin your ascension to president as a victory for us. After all they did plan to replace the Time Lord President with a puppet ruler when Gallifrey was subdued.” Alandra was referring to publications by numerous Federation think tanks, particularly the Braga one.

“Yes, I did remember reading about them on the FTL communications web.” With that Romana prepared to negotiate the deal which will seal the Federation’s fate. Hopefully she will succeed.

During the adventures the Doctor encountered in his sixth incarnation he had to fight against the corruption spreading within the Time Lord high council. Aliens had managed to steal some technological secrets from the Time Lords so the predecessor of the Celestia, the Celestial Intervention Agency was tasked with stopping the thief from selling the information. They knew from other sources that the thief had arranged to meet his partners. To intercept the meeting the Time Lords first had to know the time and place. They knew the place, Earth but not the time. So rather than blockade Earth, the Time Lords reacted in a way both frightening and alien. They simply used the magnetron to move Earth itself with the thief still on it so the meeting could not take place, and then covered up their involvement.

Now the same Time Lord thinking was being applied to dealing with the Master. To imprison his fleet and his world ships the Time Lords had to first find where they hid. With giant subspace pulses denying him subspace, he could still hide in normal space. The Master had many talents and one of them was hiding. So the Time Lords didn’t start looking for fleets to attack. They simply surrounded the entire galaxy in a forcefield. With the anti-time infestation almost destroyed the Time Lords diverted energy from the eye of harmony and the bottled universe to power this new creation. Any attempt by the Master to break out would be intercepted by a time loop which collapsed space with the escaping ships in them.

Gradually the Time Lords removed certain areas of space from the forcefield once they were sure the Master was not there. By a process of elimination they were getting to the Master’s hiding spot. So the Master ran.

The Master numbered his duplicates in the trillions. The immortality gate was his secret weapon for it not only replenished his numbers, he had planned to use it to transmit himself into every Time Lord. Not that he necessarily needed the extra strength, because for all intents and purposes he had made himself a god. Even Rassilon could not defeat him at full strength. However one could wield the most destructive weapon, but it was meaningless when the enemy own weapon’s outranged his by so many orders of magnitude. Struck from light years out without a chance of retaliation the Mentalis II platforms devastated his fleeing ships.

In desperation the Master tried hiding in the vortex, however the Time Lords were adept at manipulating it. Hundreds of ships time looped only for the area to collapse before he could break out. In normal space Federation ships hunted him down with a vengeance, feeding targeting data to Gallifrey. With their ships communications systems blocking out his hypno device he could not repeat the same tactic.

In truth most historians considered the Master to be no more than a spoiler force. Important historically, however no match for the Time Lords once they focussed their attention on him. Perhaps if he had more time, he might have built up the resources and the countermeasures to prevail, but it was unlikely Gallifrey would have given him that time. Some historians even accuse Romana of exaggerating the threat. However what everyone agreed on was that at the end of the day there was only one renegade Time Lord which could prevail against Gallifrey. He had already had his moment, and no other renegade would be successful. While the Master may still be a power in the old universe, in this one he was finished, his last duplicate executed by the Time Lords.

Gallifrey

“Why me? What about Braxiatel? Or the Vorta. They must make better ambassadors than me.” To say Millennia was puzzled would be an understatement.

“You have lived among humans for several centuries, ever since Captain Janeway rescued you. Like me you have married one. I think that makes you qualified for being an ambassador.”

“But my research.”

“What research? You have succeeded in what you set out to do. It wasn’t to help Gallifrey with the anarchitects, it was so you could avenge yourself on the Celestial Toymaker. Well you have done that now. This is another way for you to serve Gallifrey, different but no less important. I don’t need to remind you of the two conflicts we have had with the Federation in the past 2 centuries.”

“What of the Janeway duplicate?” Since the Toymaker had killed himself, the Time Lords had no idea what to do with his “toys”, and Milennia didn’t know what to do with Janeway.

“Let her stay among the Federation. She will need to relearn all the new sciences, but I was told Janeway was a resourceful woman when she was alive.”

So it was that Romana’s first act was played out. Selecting a new ambassador to the Federation. Embassies were being set up crewed by Vorta to the other Involved Powers. No longer will Gallifrey stand alone and isolated. She would become part of the wider community.

31 st century – Deep Space 9

The first thing Daniels, all 3 of him notice was Captain Alandra mentioning all three would need to be reintegrated. It quickly dawned on them the madness was gone from them and the station. Had the Federation finally found a cure? “Did we win?” the third Daniels asked.

Alandra shook her head. “We surrendered.”

“What are the terms?”

“I am sorry, I tried to negotiate as best as I could. We forfeit our Beta Quadrant holdings to the Borg.”

“But the Borg are extinct.”

“Well right now they are the new house of Gallifrey. They helped the Time Lords destroy the allied armada attacking Gallifrey.”

“What about the rest of the Federation?”

“We won at the Delta Quadrant, and I managed to convince Romana to let that go. The Time Lords initially just wanted us to keep the Federation core members in the Alpha Quadrant.”

“What has Romana got to do with things?”

“She is the new president apparently. She killed Rassilon and managed to get enough Time Lords to respect her claim for it after she negotiated our surrender.”

“Wow.” Daniels, all three of him were at a loss. “What is the status of the fleets?”

“Our total ships are only a fraction of what they were. The number of time ships we can field will be curtailed.” Alandra lamented.

“Just like what Scipio Africanus did to Carthage after the second Punic War,” Daniels muttered. “What is to stop them doing what Rome did to Carthage the next time round. We can’t stop their temporal incursions like this time. We will be totally at their mercy.”

“I don’t like it anymore than you do, however we are already at their mercy. Romana is at least sympathetic to our cause.”

“But she won’t be president forever will she? What happens if the next Time Lord ruler is less forgiving? What happens if they just focus on the Erkulon plague and their defeats like Rome did and come after us again?”

“I don’t know Daniels. But right now its better the Time Lords than the Master Race.”

“The what?”

“It’s a long story and I will fill you in. However the Arimaa has another task. We are to take Deep Space Nine back to the 24 th century.”

At Alandra’s command, the only ship to escape the disaster at Gallifrey opened a portal to take the station back to its proper time and space. Elsewhere the Time Lords had kept their word and anarchitects were being removed from Federation worlds. For now, peace had come to the Milky Way.

Epilogue

The war between the United Federation of Planets and the Time Lords of the Gallifreyan Empire would rate as the most destructive war in the history of humanity. The preceding battle with the Daleks had already damaged the reputation not to mention military assets of the Federation fleet. However the true war with Gallifrey showed how unprepared the Federation was.

Out of the 21 000 plus ships prior to the conflict with the Daleks, only 3240 remained. To give an indication how far the Federation had fallen, the Devorre Imperium held 7200 ships. The Ferengi could field 2200 ships of the line. The Federation may still have the technology advantage, but it would take decades before they could rebuild their fleets back to their glory days. The new treaty restricted the number of time ships the Federation was allowed to build per world, so the Time Lords ensured that while Starfleet may eventually regain its status, Timefleet will not.

One hundred and eighty nine colony worlds had fallen to the Master Race, their population “killed” and remade in his image. There was no way to repair the damage for they had been bonded to the Master’s genetic structure for too long. All in all 1.1 trillion dead on the colony worlds alone. However 3000 other colony worlds had vast economic damage, as their population damaged and failed to maintain infrastructure while under the madness brought on by the anarchitects. On some worlds children died as their parents were too busy caring for a holographic child. Others people looted and killed each other in maddened rage. Fortunately the Time Lords removed the infection as per the treaty.

The core worlds fared better. With the peace treaty Gallifrey undid the time loop, so the heavy industry was again put to work. However the Federation had used up immense resources protecting the core worlds and territories, almost no red matter store remained. The Federation threaten to fracture into several smaller polities. Some colonies even openly proposed being made part of the Gallifreyan empire.

There were however a few points in the Federation’s favour. The Delta Quadrant colonies were still mostly intact. The main strain was the loss of a few worlds and exhausting the supply of genesis devices. So for the moment political power in the UFP swung from the Alpha Quadrant to the Delta Quadrant. Negotiations between Alandra and Romana allowed the prisoners imprisoned in the Book of Gallifrey’s triumphs to be repatriated, so the Federation did not lose their expertise in military matters. The Time Lords kept the 8000 ships imprisoned in the book as reparations, being broken down to repair the damage UFP attacks did to their subject’s worlds. Deep space nine was returned to its proper space and time. It was these “silver linings” and the determination of Timefleet and Starfleet that filled Alandra with optimism. Even if its until the end of my life, the Federation will return to its glory days she thought.

As for Romana, there was much to do. Besides rebuilding the Time Lords would engage in research. She was determined that Gallifrey would remain the strongest power in the Milky Way, but also a responsible one. Already the mistakes of the past was being corrected. Joint research projects between the Federation and Gallifrey at the Guardian of Forever sprung up at her behest, the first of many she hoped. The Srivani had the Lamarck infection cleared from them. By this stage they no longer had warp capability, but Romana hoped that the next time around their scientists would be more benevolent. For now there was plenty to keep her busy. She however had one last task, to wave goodbye to her old life and welcome the new. Romana prepared to record her last log as a Starfleet Captain.

Captain’s log.
“It was said that Scipio Africanus spared Carthage despite fears that Carthage may once again rise, because he wanted someone to be able to cast moral judgment on Rome in case it became corrupt. I also fear what the Time Lords would become with no one to judge them. In my universe the greatest of us seized the moment, and stopped us from damning ourselves and taking the entire universe with us. This time there will be no Doctor to do what had to be done, there is only me. And perhaps the Federation, even if it can no longer challenge us, maybe, just maybe it can still cast judgment on us and remind us that in the essence of our hearts we are a good people.”

Romana ended the recording. Gallifrey will regain its honour she vowed.

Braxton saw. In his madness he recounted his prophecy again and again up to the day before his extradition.

Two children of Gallifrey locked in the enmity of ages. He saw Rassilon and the Master fighting it out, in a time loop over a world now dead.

The mad god will appear, basking in his manipulations but will not realise he is but history’s plaything. He saw Rassilon fighting Q the younger. The latter had the upper hand until Rassilon summon his TARDIS, cutting off his foe from the energy of the Q continuum. Rassilon was not fated to die just yet.

At the end of time, the first Time Lord shall be devoured by the Timewyrm. He saw Romana tackling Rassilon, how with prophet derived powers she absorbed him. He knew she would be now known as the Timewyrm president among the Time Lords. Just as Rassilon had once overthrown her, she will retake her place among the Time Lords as President.

The old gods are dead, but new ones should take their place. And he saw…

At the end of time the nameless watchers stood. They had borne witness to the destruction of Rassilon, as history wrote it. They had seen the Timewyrm president triumphant and returned to her place in time and space. Now the female beckoned to her mate, it was time to ascend. It was time for the descendents of both humans and Time Lords to move on as the universe ended, to move into the universe which will proceed this one. Q’s prediction all those years ago turned out to be correct. Humans will one day surpassed the Q, however they didn’t do it alone. It was with the help of the Time Lords that both species became one, greater than before.

He indicated to her to go first, he would shortly join her. Already the Gods of Ragnorak, Raag, Nah and Rok had left. In the new universe they would battle again, however for now he had to perform his final two tasks. First he held up a mirror. He could see Nagilum’s face starring back. “Yes old one, it is time.” With that he symbolically shattered the mirror, however he was doing more than that. He was releasing Nagilum from his dimensional prison. The immortal being would bear witness to the end of the universe. Then he prepared to perform his final task. He reached out to Braxton.

In the 31 st century Braxton would once again see the hand of god touching him. In the next minute he would experience a lifetime. He again saw his wife and they child they never had. He would see his retirement and his children grow up and hold his grandchildren. Then Braxton died, smiling and at peace.

Braxton was given a great gift, the ability to see the future. However free choice was still his. All those choices were made by Braxton alone, however history will proceed as it must, despite whatever plans Braxton set in motion. If Braxton took a set of different paths, there would be less deaths, however in the end his race would still be here. He had tried to stop Braxton receiving the gift, but it took a lot of effort to perform a temporal incursion so far back into the past and he had failed. All he ended up doing was making Braxton immortal. Now he removed his gift to Braxton and let him die the final death. Turning around he prepared to ascend. To ascend to glory.

Notes
1. The stupid rule of an old president (who is resurrected or no longer MIA) can ursurp the current one appeared in “The Ancestor cell.” Its beyond stupid so I got rid of it.

2. The Master disguised his TARDIS as the humanoid Melkur in “Keeper of Traken”

3. Time Lords moved Earth in “Trial of a time lord.”

4. As mentioned earlier the TL could draw on energy from the eye of harmony to time loop a galaxy four times the size of the Milky Way in “The apocalypse element.” That drained them.

5. Romana’s log was a reference to how in the old series the TL in general were benevolent at the start, and later became corrupt in “Trial of a Time lord” and ultimately in “End of time” had them becoming comic book villains. Obviously she sought to reverse that trend.

6. The Master tried to destroy the Doctor’s TARDIS by sending it back to the big bang. Even a TARDIS can’t survive that. This occurred in Castrovalva. I had a sneaking suspicion that DW writers thought the Big Bang was a giant explosion in the same sense as chemical or nuclear explosions rather than an expansion of space-time.

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

On some worlds children died as their parents were too busy caring for a holographic child.
oh man you just put EVERYTHING in there
Great finish though, great story!

Asdeed
Padawan Learner

Post by Asdeed »

Well that was a hell of a ride, very nice work!
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Thanks guys. A few notes

1. The reference about the couples looking after the holographic child was based on a news article I read about a Korean couple who let their real child die while raising their virtual child. Needless to say such people should stick to virtual children and not real ones.

2. I had planned for Q to turn the dalek weapon against the continuum from the very beginning which was why I had that scene of Q narrating Braxton's fate and then channelling Rassilon with his "for victory , for the end of the continuum itself" speech. I knew NL wasn't keen on that but it was a necessary act of foreshadowing. I hoped no one saw that one coming.

3. Those who also post on SB.com might recognise the parodies of certain posters when the Dalek came a calling.

4. As you might gather I am not really a fan of the Q "uses a device to give him his powers" hypothesis. Not that I got into such debates since I was more interested in quantifying their abilities. In any event their lower limits weren't that impressive compared to say even the SW empire. Moving a small moon, well apparently Darth Wong mentioned its less energy than the DS superlaser which to me on an intuitive level makes sense. After all you can move a heavy rock a short distance but you can't physically break it into little pieces in one blow.

Of course their upper limit aren't known, so yes they could be much more powerful but without knowing upper limits it becomes difficult to write and saying they are omnipotent is baseless speculation. Not that it stops Trekkies using the no limits fallacy. So having Q hold 27 planets in place against TARDISes is pretty impressive, although no doubt rapid trekkies would whine that I am powering down Q, although I believe Voyager beat me to it.

5. As for Q's mother. Well she either died early in the civil war or hasn't made an appearance yet. :lol: In the greater scheme of things it didn't matter too much.

6. There are lots of allusions to the Punic wars between Rome and Carthage. From naming a captain after Hannibal and his starship after the famous battle at Cannae. From the use of Fabian tactics, to analogies between the punic wars. What can I say? The end of the conflict between the UFP and Gallifrey looks similar to how Rome dealt with Carthage after their victory in the punic wars, with the forefeiture of their Sicillian colonies. Moreover the Erkulon plague was meant as an allusion to Hannibal's early victories at Cannae and lake Trasimene (?sp), with the Federation scoring an early victory and knocking out 95 % of the Time Lord's ships but unable to take the capital. That being said it obviously isn't a perfect match because the Federation had the bigger "empire" and the greater resources whereas Carthage did not.

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Woo my first ever post. This story is simply EPIC. too EPIC for words to accurately describe.

In all honesty this is a much nicer round-up of the End of Time story than RTD's crappy ending. Is there any chance of this being posted under the "Completed/Cleaned up" fanfics?
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.