Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kamikage
Youngling

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Updated)

Post by Kamikage »

SAMAS wrote:
If your mecha knowledge is that limited, I would suggest gaining some more when you get the chance. At the very least, you should find a Mazinger series and check it out. Mazinkaiser is out on DVD, and you can find Shin Mazinger for download.

And most rules tend to get relaxed in an SRW game. In Alpha, Alberto the Shockwave from Giant Robo was able to fight an Angel to a standstill. without a mecha.

Yeah, but Bright Noah needed someone to disable the AT Field first. Still, thinking about it again, the Mazingers and the Getter... since Alpha 3 showed us that hotblood averted Tangification... yeah, Nekketsu engine could be able to pierce AT Fields. The trope wins again.
"Tangification"? An update on my Mecha education; vids are back up, will watch at pace of 3 a day. Also, later this month will bring us the next novel in the Dresden Files, it has the Red Court in it. I'd interpret Bright requiring someone to nullify the AT field as more of a "just to make sure" move than anything (seeing as, as far as I know, you can damage an Angel in other SRW games without really worrying about the AT field. (For, example in OG1 and 2 alot of boss mechs have an Energy Field that weaken attacks that hit them by a certain amount).
Stuff happens, otherwise life would be dull.
HolyDragoon
Redshirt

Post by HolyDragoon »

Tangification=Dissolving into LCL in Instrumentality.

Well, yeah, but seeing as they needed the power from the entire Japan just to pierce the AT Field of Ramiel... then again, it was the 3rd strongest (I think) AT Field of all angels that the Evas fought.
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics" - Albert Einstein
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Cool. However, I will note a flaw in your logic (though I am loath to point this out) in that Kira Yamato (the least Hotblooded being to pilot a Gundam ever) was able to harm the Angels, and resist Tangifiction. Though I will note that there is a very pleasing lack of non-Hotbloodedness in this story, so that is renderd moot. However, I must ask the author if we will have the Angels show up amd leave it to the God of this story for the decision as usual. However, the NGE that I was thinking of for this story would be the NGE canon of NGE:Nobody Dies.
HolyDragoon
Redshirt

Post by HolyDragoon »

Oh, right, Yui alive and Shinji being able to summon Magoroku and the Triple Heavy Maser? Now that would be something VERY interesting. Not to mention Go-kun.
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

While that would be awesome I was thinking of the sheer APOCALYPTIC level of wierdness caused by Rei and Harhui meeting (lets call that the Wierd Ending perhaps?) Also, "interesting" doesn't BEGIN to cover it. P.S. Could you PM me a picture of the Alteisan Nact or the SRX Altered Banpresios?
HolyDragoon
Redshirt

Post by HolyDragoon »

Oh Gods, Rei and Haruhi? That could be pretty handy... if the team was stuck in a bubble of altered space. Those two together would pop the bubble in the first second. I don't think even Wodan could resist to those two together.

At least the Rees are still out. *shudders*
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Eva will not be making an appearance in This story.

I'd postulate on followups, but don't think it's late enough in the game to do so.

But as to Haruhi meeting Rei...

ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
HolyDragoon
Redshirt

Post by HolyDragoon »

That's... creepy. Verrrry creepy. And it's not even the Nobody Dies NERV. Else it would be even creepier. :)

As for Evas not entering... Well, i guess we can't have them all. It's like Mazinkaiser and Grendizer. Can't have them in the same game. The same rule should exist for Sanger Zonvolt. OG2 almost burst from all the awesomeness of having two Sangers in the same game. Well, at least the Earth Cradle cracked in their last fight. A necessary sacrifice for the game to survive.
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Still my suggestion for Alucard showing off on his own with really badass and appropriate music has a chance, also if you do have Integra doing the "singing" she has to be sipping from a glass of wine before and after the song starts. That was the single most confusing yet hilarious thing I have ever experienced since I imagined what would happened if Alucard were to steal a single chip from Sesshomaru in manner worthy of Monty Python's Flying Circus. And thank you for the images, though I must ask as to hoe you were able to get your avatar ready.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

HolyDragoon wrote:That's... creepy. Verrrry creepy. And it's not even the Nobody Dies NERV. Else it would be even creepier. :)

As for Evas not entering... Well, i guess we can't have them all. It's like Mazinkaiser and Grendizer. Can't have them in the same game. The same rule should exist for Sanger Zonvolt. OG2 almost burst from all the awesomeness of having two Sangers in the same game. Well, at least the Earth Cradle cracked in their last fight. A necessary sacrifice for the game to survive.
That's nothing. Have you seen the Alpha Epilogue manga? Everybody from all four games, including alternate-universe Sanger.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Not creepy, but hilarious. And thank you for mentioining Sanger for I have another idea. Instead of the Zankantou for our intrepid Main Characters, why not give them the Calamity Sword, Doom Blade, or the Shishioh Blade? Also, an update on Mecha education; currently finished Shin Mazinger episodes 1-6 and will watch episodes 7-9 tomorrow, and have decided to watch Full Metal Panic as well (I happen to slightly favor Real Robots in favor of Super Robots because the first Humongous Mecha show I ever watched was Gundam Wing). And finally I further request that GaoGaiGar be included (escaping the detiorating space at the end of Final shunted them into the universe of this game).
HolyDragoon
Redshirt

Post by HolyDragoon »

Shishioh blade... that's a pretty regular weapon (apart from all those S ranks), although I agree with the Calamity Sword and the Doom Blade. Beetle Crusher would also be nice.
As for the avi... I shrinked the image. Even paint can do that.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Kamikage wrote:Instead of the Zankantou for our intrepid Main Characters, why not give them the Calamity Sword, Doom Blade, or the Shishioh Blade?
Swords won't make sense for Jack--Harry, though, might fit such a weapon.

That gives me an idea...
And finally I further request that GaoGaiGar be included (escaping the detiorating space at the end of Final shunted them into the universe of this game).
GaoGaiGar will not be included, but like Gundam, I'm going to be referencing it either directly or obliquely like mad.

To elaborate, the story may get its own version of GaoGaiGar-Tan.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Heh. P90+Belkan Cartridge system+????=BIG BOOM might be an interesting weapon for Jack.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

To clarify; mostly I want Daniel to get a sword for the whole "the pen is mighter than the sword" metaphor(minor gag: some random enemy attack Daniel with an attack that reduces his attack power but has a pen equipped so it turns into an SRW OG-style sword, then he kills the enemy anyway), plus if you are going to use the Shishio Blade I want it to be an artifact of the Earth;s first Dark History and have a G-Stone in it (and give it to Harry).
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Majin Gojira wrote:GaoGaiGar will not be included, but like Gundam, I'm going to be referencing it either directly or obliquely like mad.

To elaborate, the story may get its own version of GaoGaiGar-Tan.
Technically, it already does. It's just that she's like five or six years old right now. :mrgreen:
Spoiler
Now that I think about it, this might be right around the time frame she and Ginga got found by their mother.
Regarding Harry getting a weapon, given that a Device is already planned in his future, I see him more of a staff or gun type than a sword. Then again, I only just finished Storm Front.

I just had a question regarding Bob the Skull, particularly regarding Yue's artifact.
Spoiler
Yue's Pactio artifact is a book/holographic projector that allows her to access the mage equivalent of the internet. At this point in Negima's story, she doesn't have it yet.

Bob, conversely, is Harry's primary source of magic knowledge beyond his own, given that he can't own a computer.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

I really gotta start clarifying what I mean. First, I envisioned it as a "Let's you and him fight" between Genesic GaoGaiGar(which due to some side-effects from FINAL and Harhui, is some manner of power armor/barrier jacket) and Vita (in this case the Goldion Hammer would be Gai's device and the Crusher would essentially be it's Gigant form), second SAMAS if I were you I would read them at soething of a more accelerated pace (I had read the books whenever I got the chance to). Also, Harry does own a cane-sword but he's more of a fencer (Give him some Kendo lessons while he's in Japan, if you want author). The Doomblade suggestion was really from the fact that it's missing from the TVTropes.coms list of BFSs on the page, and the Calamity Sword was because of the way that it's summoned. Also, (I just know I;m gonna anger someone with what I'm about to say) from what (little) I understand of Devices from Nanoha is that they have different forms (Bardiche is really the only one that comes to mind really), and the jewel could be a G-Stone. I've also been thinking about the TSAB's policies about Lost Logia (in addition to stuff that's been said in a fanfiction that i'm reading) and I've come to believe that considering that the one's on Earth are part of our history and culture (plus, the fact that I can't really see Xanatos bowing to the TSAB) you have a rather handy recipe for some political intrigue and some tension with the TSAB. And finally, I think that with what's going on Nanoha's decision to (more or less) abandon Earth as her home wouldn't be made. Just a note, I am content if you would put the ideas that you shoot down for this story and probably use some of them for a future one. P.S. Will the Epic Cosplay be effected by Ethan Raine?
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Kamikage wrote:I really gotta start clarifying what I mean. First, I envisioned it as a "Let's you and him fight" between Genesic GaoGaiGar(which due to some side-effects from FINAL and Harhui, is some manner of power armor/barrier jacket) and Vita (in this case the Goldion Hammer would be Gai's device and the Crusher would essentially be it's Gigant form), second SAMAS if I were you I would read them at soething of a more accelerated pace (I had read the books whenever I got the chance to). Also, Harry does own a cane-sword but he's more of a fencer (Give him some Kendo lessons while he's in Japan, if you want author). The Doomblade suggestion was really from the fact that it's missing from the TVTropes.coms list of BFSs on the page, and the Calamity Sword was because of the way that it's summoned. Also, (I just know I;m gonna anger someone with what I'm about to say) from what (little) I understand of Devices from Nanoha is that they have different forms (Bardiche is really the only one that comes to mind really), and the jewel could be a G-Stone. I've also been thinking about the TSAB's policies about Lost Logia (in addition to stuff that's been said in a fanfiction that i'm reading) and I've come to believe that considering that the one's on Earth are part of our history and culture (plus, the fact that I can't really see Xanatos bowing to the TSAB) you have a rather handy recipe for some political intrigue and some tension with the TSAB. And finally, I think that with what's going on Nanoha's decision to (more or less) abandon Earth as her home wouldn't be made. Just a note, I am content if you would put the ideas that you shoot down for this story and probably use some of them for a future one. P.S. Will the Epic Cosplay be effected by Ethan Raine?
Agh! Paragraphs, man!

First: That's a little outside the theme of this series, I think. Though I am kind of curious as to how he's gonna work Haruhi into the story again (probably during the Mahora Festival. Seeing Yuki cut loose on the robot army should be fun)-- Oh dear god, I just had a horrible idea... Spoiler
Haruki's desires/Genre Savvy-ness dictating the flow of the battle
Secondly: You have to start somewhere, remember? And there are other books I read, too.

Third: There shouldn't be that much of a problem, and it's most likely one of the things that the treaties will hammer out. The main reason the TSAB got involved in this stuff is because they're normally the only ones around with the power and know-how to do so. Theoretically at least, they can keep themselves to an advisory role in this story.

As for Nanoha, she has a lot more options in this story, but she'll probably stick to the TSAB for the most part, unless the White Council raises a stink about them "headhunting" their best prospective mages (Nanoha, Negi, and Hayate in particular). It's Hayate IMO, who has the best potential for drama, given what's about to happen around her.

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Sorry, I' still somewhat new to posting on forums, And i agree that you have to start somewhere, it's just that the rate that you're reading at is somewhat sluggish compared to what I do.
While I agree that the TSAB can do what you suggest, it's just that the impression I get from them is that they are somewhat used to being the top of the dogpile when it comes to Lost Logia and stuff, plus there's also the whole "replacing the various magical systems of Earth with our own" thing that I just don't like (I think that their system of magic is somewhat limited in application than what you can do with some of the other systems that are on Earth, for example; in the Nanoha series the fights are just slash/blast at each other whilst dodging, and in the Harry Dresden books magical combat generally requires more basic strategy than that.)
Also, as to your "horrible thought" it's better than the whims of luck, chance, and fate. (That and at least we know that the good guys are in no REAL danger).
Personally, having Cthulu fight EVERYBODY in their sleep (one mass dream where everyone is essentially God Modding would be really entertaining)
And finally, if you want the name of the fic where I got the idea for the whole "plotitical intrigue" thing search TVtropes.org for "Infinity" (Nanoha fanfics). P.S. Is it just me or is Nanoha the "Ranma" of the Magical Girl genre?
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

If it's possible to have a personal canon for a fanfic, I think I'm gonna have to induct Change 123 into mine for this one.

The story is about a boy (A big Kamen Rider fan, too) who falls for a girl in his class. The hook is that this girl has been given Training From Hell from her three "fathers" in Karate, Swords/Firearms, and Judo from a young age. But as a result, her personality has fractured into four parts: The Shrinking Violet Motoko (Her "true" identity), and Hifumi, the collective name for the three personalities that have each taken up a respective part of the training: Hibiki, Fujiko, and Mikiri.

How could this fit in here? It's about her three "Fathers", and who they're based on. A big hint is in the title. In other words, it's one of the things they were up to between the end of their "series" and this story.
Spoiler
If you haven't figured it out, this link should provide the answer.
Last edited by SAMAS on 2010-04-05 02:21pm, edited 2 times in total.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'm actually working on a conversion of that for the tie-in thread. The only thing that's difficult is the proper way to stat out/get a game mechanic for an MPD disorder like that.

I figure she'll be one of the more "Down to Earth" characters to show up during the festival arch.

If I can get past these damn Nazi's first...

I'm loving all the discussion that's been brought out--even though I'm forced to focus on more legit writing at the moment.

Damn Harry's narrow perspective needing to set up the whole battle sequence before things can start blowing up and the plot can move forward.

Anywho, some of the spec has some merit to it, some is spot on, and other things are WAAAAY out there.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

To be fair you did have him be hit by a shockwave, though I will point out that you didn't have it in 1st person narrative during the exposition. Though if the calculations that I've been doing are correct (and I hope they are) you will be having approximately 200 ecplosions due to the time spent on actually working on the script (Rule of Cool Bay Corralary). And I have been somewhat more hurtful that helpful, and for that I am deeply sorry.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Yay! *ahem*

I would guess a base set of stats and attributes for Motoko, modifiers for each personality, and maybe give each one their own Special Abilities.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

No worries, I do this for fun. I may be trying to write professionally as well, but this is just plain for fun.

That fun includes the complaining, BTW. ;)
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Majin Gojira wrote:No worries, I do this for fun. I may be trying to write professionally as well, but this is just plain for fun.

That fun includes the complaining, BTW. ;)
I'd take that back if I were you (I fear I am the type if person to take things too far if given proper leniencie). Though if I may list exactly WHY the Nazis would be screwed if certain Wardens (and possible Wardens) were here I would happily ablige.