Book by a mod.

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Book by a mod.

Post by Chardok »

There was a certain mod on a certain Web board I know and visit often who *used* to have a ticker in his sig regarding a certain book that he was almost certain to finish by February 32nd that is conspicuously missing of late...and I, being the kind of person I am, (And I'm exactly that kind of person) was wondering Double yoo tee eff? I would also like to volunteer my services in kicking said mod in the nuts to get the authoring process started again, because, let's face it, kicking mods in the nuts is fun.

Of course, if said mod had a good explanation as to why it is gone...or why the authoring had stopped, I might be willing to forego said nut-smashing for....say...a few weeks, at least.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

It was RedImperator. I don't think you want to kick him in the nuts.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

YT300000 wrote:It was RedImperator. I don't think you want to kick him in the nuts.
I'm sure he wants to. The question is wether or not it's worth the risk.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Batman wrote:
YT300000 wrote:It was RedImperator. I don't think you want to kick him in the nuts.
I'm sure he wants to. The question is wether or not it's worth the risk.
Red kinda reminds me of a Wookie...

Y'know, I've never actually seen anyone get his arms ripped out of their sockets...

*grabs the popcorn*
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

That's Dalton you're thinking of.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

February 32nd is very much a work of fiction, Chardok. :P
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:February 32nd is very much a work of fiction, Chardok. :P
Oh, the Chardok knows...but the chardok also wants an update... :twisted:
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Y'know, Chardok, I was just wondering that same thing myself.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Y'know, Chardok, I was just wondering that same thing myself.
Me too. (heh)

So Red, what's the story? (hehe)

Ok I'm done with the puns.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Short version: I bogged down thoroughly in the middle. I have to backtrack at least 100 pages to get out of the mess I'm in, and it's looking more and more like I need yet another page 1 rewrite. On top of that, I'm increasingly less confident I fully understand the female lead, arguably the most important character in the story.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

So what's the long version? :)
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

He's busy writing the long version right now, but he's bogged down in the middle. He's going to have to backtrack at least a hundred paragraphs and do a first-page rewrite, plus he's increasingly less confident that he understands his viewpoint character (himself), arguably the most important character in the post.

Joking aside Red, are you at a point where you can take a break or would that blow your creative flow away? Because it sounds like you need a breather so you can take a fresh view of the project.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

RedImperator wrote:Short version: I bogged down thoroughly in the middle. I have to backtrack at least 100 pages to get out of the mess I'm in, and it's looking more and more like I need yet another page 1 rewrite. On top of that, I'm increasingly less confident I fully understand the female lead, arguably the most important character in the story.
I suggest beginning another story, and putting this one on the backburner entirely for a while; that's helped me, at least.

It's up to you, though. Good luck, however you handle it.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Moved here because....well, it's about me. And there might be some potential here. I need to get this fucking thing moving again.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Calm down people. Red and I came to an agreement that when I finish Starcrossed he'll finish his book. That shouldn't take too long.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

RedImperator wrote:On top of that, I'm increasingly less confident I fully understand the female lead, arguably the most important character in the story.
Once when I was working with Marty Scorsese he said something to me--I didn't understand why my character was doing something and he told me, "You don't need to know why your character is doing that, your character knows."
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Mopeyennuui
Padawan Learner

Post by Mopeyennuui »

Red. Get you rear in to allow up peons into the writing advice forum.

Please. I'm looking for help writing.