18. Clemson
19. Penn State
20. Oregon
21. TCU
22. Nebraska
23. Tennessee
24. Alabama
25. Texas Tech

And Saturday has got to be one of the best opening days in recent memory, with the Miami-FSU game to start the season. Can't wait!

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

And this does NOT belong in N&P. Could a mod please move it to OT, thanks?

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

And I'm still rooting for the LSU Tigers.
Image Image
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Up this Saturday: the "Coal Bowl" WVU vs Marshall University, for bragging rights.

You will not believe the hype this has had all month. :roll: Although the trophy, a spiffy-looking metal & glass football on a pedestal, was created in part by one of my cousins :lol: The glass football is filled with powdered coal, all done by my dear cousin
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

The wife and I will be rooting for our alma mater, Rutgers. Maybe we'll get to go to a bowl again this season! ....yeah!
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

My crystal ball says.. Notre Dame vs Ohio State for the title.. :D
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

There is never any love for the Wolverines in these pre-season polls
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

The writers were rather generous placing Michigan at 14 and 15 after the dismal season they had. Certainly hope they can live up to expectations and more...
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Azazal wrote:There is never any love for the Wolverines in these pre-season polls

cause OH will stomp them like a Red-headed step child.. or maybe a narc at a biker rally 8) :D
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Darth Garden Gnome

theski wrote:cause OH will stomp them like a Red-headed step child.. or maybe a narc at a biker rally 8) :D
No way does Ohio live up to the #1 spot. They've been more than a match for Michigan in recent years, but that will not translate into a national title.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:The writers were rather generous placing Michigan at 14 and 15 after the dismal season they had. Certainly hope they can live up to expectations and more...
Can't argue with that, I just don't recall the last time they were in the top 5 in pre-season.

theski wrote:cause OH will stomp them like a Red-headed step child.. or maybe a narc at a biker rally 8) :D
hey now, them's fighting words in this neck of the woods. Though the game is in Columbus this year. Have to wait and see, but it will be a great game either way.
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Azazal wrote:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:The writers were rather generous placing Michigan at 14 and 15 after the dismal season they had. Certainly hope they can live up to expectations and more...
Can't argue with that, I just don't recall the last time they were in the top 5 in pre-season.

hey now, them's fighting words in this neck of the woods. Though the game is in Columbus this year. Have to wait and see, but it will be a great game either way.
It will be THE game in the big 12.. I need to Pimp for OSU so I get a OSU and ND championship game..

BRADY QUINN wins the Heisman.. WOOOOOOO
Darth Garden Gnome

Azazal wrote:Can't argue with that, I just don't recall the last time they were in the top 5 in pre-season.
I think it was actually last season. They were ranked #4 after being defeated in the Rose Bowl.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
Azazal wrote:Can't argue with that, I just don't recall the last time they were in the top 5 in pre-season.
I think it was actually last season. They were ranked #4 after being defeated in the Rose Bowl.

Ahh, I can explain, my wife was 8 month pregnat at the time, my mind was elsewhere, ahh yeah that's it, yeah.... :oops:
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Michigan and MSU. Mom and Grandpa's Alma Maters.
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Infidel7
Youngling

Post by Infidel7 »

Go Buckeyes! Don't even pretend that Michigan is being slighted. Last year's season they did incredible :roll: . Everyone discounts OSU's defense and yet we have and always will be a defense-based team (woody ball for ya). OSU looks great and is sitting pretty for the title this year.
You are an intelligent human being. Your life is valuable for its own sake. You are not second-class in the universe, deriving meaning and purpose from some other mind. You are not inherently evil—you are inherently human, possessing the positive rational potential to help make this a world of morality, peace and joy. Trust yourself. –Dan Barker
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

This is the year of the IRISH! Brady Quinn for the Heisman! Tom Zbikowski, best defensive player of the year. Jeff Samardzija, Biletinkoff Award. ND-Georgia Tech on Saturday starts the Run for #1, and Notre Dame will win the race!

Anybody see CMU-Boston College last night? Three QBs in a game, and going for it on fourth and eight on your own 25? Central Michigan's coach was really gambling.

Steve Spurrier had a great call in the Miss State-South Carolina game. Perfect timing on the HB pass.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

It'll be interesting to see if WVU can go the distance this year... even if I am a Marshall fan ;)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

LadyTevar wrote:It'll be interesting to see if WVU can go the distance this year... even if I am a Marshall fan ;)
You folks are supposed to have a great team.. You gotta drag Nit out to a game. 8)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

theski wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:It'll be interesting to see if WVU can go the distance this year... even if I am a Marshall fan ;)
You folks are supposed to have a great team.. You gotta drag Nit out to a game. 8)
1. Nitram is British. Give him rugby, not American football.
2. WVU is in Morgantown, 4hrs away, and the traffic up there on game day is horrific.
3. Nitram has Asperger's Syndrome, and gets nervous when there's more than 4 people around. You want me to take him into a rowdy football crowd?

theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

LadyTevar wrote:
theski wrote:
2. WVU is in Morgantown, 4hrs away, and the traffic up there on game day is horrific.
3. Nitram has Asperger's Syndrome, and gets nervous when there's more than 4 people around. You want me to take him into a rowdy football crowd?
I knew about the British issue.. but not about the crowds .. Sorry :oops:
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Alabama & UNA!

Post by jegs2 »

Roll Tide and Go Lions!
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

LadyTevar wrote:
theski wrote:
Site him infront of the TV, give him plenty of Guinness?
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Can a mod please move this to OT, seriously? This doesn't belong here.

Anyway, Notre Dame is overrated and will prove to be a bust, though the media hype machine will stay on the sinking ship until the bitter end. Tech upsets ND tomorrow, I'm calling it.

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Azazal wrote:Site him infront of the TV, give him plenty of Guinness?
So I can watch people in armour pass forward? Pffft. No skill!

It's like watching NASCAR as opposed to F-1.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter