SDN Weight Watchers, Thread the Second

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

I went to the gym on Sunday and Monday but I was pretty useless at lifting on Monday and feel tired today. Think I should take a few days off from the gym to recover. I am enjoying seeing the tangible results from going to the gym, though. And the weight loss. :)
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

IT'S A RUT! :wink:

More seriously, did my usual walk at work. Lifted weights at the gym: Lat Pull, Upright Row, Seated Row and Seated Dumbell Military Press. I also did 40 more minutes of cardio.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Update from last week... Haven't had time to post much... lost another 2 pounds, will update again on thursday night (if I have time)
See I'm putting on a party for my hubby so I've been busy with that, but I've stayed on track with the weight loss.

See my new sig ;)

We also bought a treadmill last week but wont get it delivered until April 6th cause it was such a popular model and on such a great sale.
See this link... OUR NEW TREADMILL!!

I just can't wait to get it here and set up!!
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

I've been doing my usual walk at lunch every day this week.

Monday I tried to lift after work but an eye-strain headache turned into a migraing when I did so I only go in bicep curls and 10 minute warmup on the bike.

Tuesday I just did my lunch walk.

Today: Lunch walk; an hour of cardio in total at the gym as well as bench press, dumbell incline press, leg press, hack squats and calf raises. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. :D
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

I'm having trouble shifting more weight. The first 8lb or so came off quite quickly, but since there I have lost almost nothing this week, even though I have watched what I eat and gone to the gym three times [including a fucking murderous 15 minute 12.5km/h run]. I'm presently weighing around 165lb and am 5 foot 8. I wanted to get to around 155lb but at the moment it is looking impossible.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

20 min walk at lunch.

50 minutes cardio at the gym tonight.

Lat pull, Seat Row, Upright Row, Military Press and some ab work(Leg lifts)
Soy un perdedor.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Walk at lunch.

20 minutes of cardio at the gym

Bench press, Dumbell incline press, Leg press and Hack Squat.
Soy un perdedor.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

I'm really shit at the bench. I started on 40kg and now do 50kg. I can do one set of ten reps at 50kg, then about four more in a new set, before I can do no more. I can't seem to improve at all. :?

In other news, running faster than I ever have done: started doing 12.5km/hr for 15 minutes last week, then onto 12.6, today it was 12.7 ... want to reach 12.9 soon because that is 8mph.

Also the weight is coming off again! Down to 161.5lb from peak of 175lb. Still looking at 150-155lb target.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Fuck yeah! My friend just came into my room and offered to get my a KFC and I refused! What's the point in going gym only to eat a leg of fat?!

Six months ago, I would be tucking into that juicy leg as I type.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

My usual lunch walk.

50 minutes of cardio at the gym.

Dumbell bicep curl, Dumbell tricep extension, Barbell Cable Curl and bench dips.
Soy un perdedor.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

I have been very bad. I have just come home from a night out, but I ate a burger on the way home.

This has ruined my diet for the week. :(
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ubiquitous wrote:I have been very bad. I have just come home from a night out, but I ate a burger on the way home.

Please don't look at it that way. If you think in an all or nothing mindset then you're doomed to fail. You can't feel like you're missing out on those yummy foods. Always remember, you deserve a treat every once in a while and from your previous post it looks like you have that under control just by you saying you refused KFC.

One burger is not going to ruin the diet for the week and please don't say the week is a write off anyway so why not eat out everynight for the rest of it. You can always correct "bad" behaviour the next day. Just take it one day at a time. By the looks of it you're doing very well as are the rest of the people in this thread :)
Cheer up, you're not a bad person for giving into temptation.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Mrs Kendall wrote:
Ubiquitous wrote:I have been very bad. I have just come home from a night out, but I ate a burger on the way home.

Please don't look at it that way. If you think in an all or nothing mindset then you're doomed to fail. You can't feel like you're missing out on those yummy foods. Always remember, you deserve a treat every once in a while and from your previous post it looks like you have that under control just by you saying you refused KFC.

One burger is not going to ruin the diet for the week and please don't say the week is a write off anyway so why not eat out everynight for the rest of it. You can always correct "bad" behaviour the next day. Just take it one day at a time. By the looks of it you're doing very well as are the rest of the people in this thread :)
Cheer up, you're not a bad person for giving into temptation.
Thanks for the support - I do usually treat myself on a Saturday so instead of being uber bad on saturday, I will be a little bad instead to make up for the burger. :)
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Question: Whats better, an hour of walking with no bags, or 30-45 minutes carrying a heavy backpack?

I'm up to that ammount of time daily, sometimes 1.5 hours. Not counting weight room at school.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Ace Pace wrote:Question: Whats better, an hour of walking with no bags, or 30-45 minutes carrying a heavy backpack?

I'm up to that ammount of time daily, sometimes 1.5 hours. Not counting weight room at school.
If you really mean 'heavy', then the bag for sure. However, if you really want to burn that fat, try taking the bag off and starting to run. And then after a few days run a bit faster and further. And faster and further again. And then with the bag on. And then with some bricks in your bag. And then with some bricks in your bag up a hill.

I burn over 230 calories in my 15 minute run. By comparision, it takes about an hour of walking at a decent pace to burn the same amount.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Ubiquitous wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:Question: Whats better, an hour of walking with no bags, or 30-45 minutes carrying a heavy backpack?

If you really mean 'heavy', then the bag for sure. However, if you really want to burn that fat, try taking the bag off and starting to run. And then after a few days run a bit faster and further. And faster and further again. And then with the bag on. And then with some bricks in your bag. And then with some bricks in your bag up a hill.

I burn over 230 calories in my 15 minute run. By comparision, it takes about an hour of walking at a decent pace to burn the same amount.
What would you call heavy? Acording to parents, its heavy enough, to me its something medium. :?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Ace Pace wrote:
Ubiquitous wrote:

What would you call heavy? Acording to parents, its heavy enough, to me its something medium. :?
Without knowing how big you are I honestly couldn't say. You don't want to hurt your back by carrying weights that are too heavy for you, however.

Why don't you run [or jog] instead of walk?
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Got down to 249, first time under 250. Only 49 more pounds to go.

I haven't been this weight since middle years of High School. It's wacky.

Change in work shift forced me into new aerobics class. The new instructor got me so sore I had to skip class on Thursday. It hurt to walk, sit, stand, hell it hurt to exist for two days. Next week should be better. These new classes always works different muscles. Appearantly I don't work my inner thighs that much and the class made very sure that I was concious of that.

My prediction: In 11 more months I should be down to 200.
VRWC : Justice League : SDN Weight Watchers : BOTM : Former AYVB

Resident Magic the Gathering Guru : Recovering MMORPG Addict
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Good news - I went below 160lb for the first time in ages today on the gym scales, which show me to be much heavier than my home scales that my dad insists are properly calibrated.

So in reality, I am probably 157lb now. Which means I have lost over a stone in weight since when I started a little over six weeks ago.

I'm feeling much better from it all, too. I just wish I would have started this gym and healthy eating lark properly a few years ago!
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

My usual weights and cardio this week. No need to bore everyone with the details.

I do have to say however, that I'm feeling frustrated, and not, all at once.

I haven't lost any weight since moving home. Just the initial 10lb weight gain and then I've stabilized there. But I have been working out and someone I haven't seen in a few months immediately commented that I had lost weight... I'm thinking that I've been losing fat while gaining muscle... I'm also kinda hesitant to get back on the scales... I hate body composition.
Soy un perdedor.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

The Spartan wrote:My usual weights and cardio this week. No need to bore everyone with the details.

I do have to say however, that I'm feeling frustrated, and not, all at once.

I haven't lost any weight since moving home. Just the initial 10lb weight gain and then I've stabilized there. But I have been working out and someone I haven't seen in a few months immediately commented that I had lost weight... I'm thinking that I've been losing fat while gaining muscle... I'm also kinda hesitant to get back on the scales... I hate body composition.
Have you been combining this cardio and weight training with a low fat diet? If not, then you are not going to lose weight, especially if you are building heavy muscle.

Don't put too much empathise on weight. It is a guide, not the be all and end all.

I have been doing cardio, weight training and a low fat diet. I am not gaining as much muscle as I could because of the diet - but I am in this to lose weight and get fitter, so it suits me.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Yes I've been eating correctly. And I'm not concerned about the actual weight so much as my inability to determine my body fat content, or to tell that I've actually lost any fat.

I look the same to me, that's where my frustration really lies.
Soy un perdedor.
Flakin
Jedi Knight

Post by Flakin »

Things are going much better for me since I joined a gym that's on my way to and from work. I'm able to go four or five times a week and things are really starting to happen now. I do an hour of cardio and various upper body weights every time I go. Went down a size in jeans and sizes of clothes now (I can get back into XL comfortably, I've been at XXL for a year).

The only problem I do have is that despite her saying she's not, my other half I think is feeling a bit neglected as I'm normally at work for 12 hours a day before I can get to the gym. I've been sure to be extra attentive, and I know that she likes the definition thats returning to my arms now.

I look in the mirror and think "Yeah, I see it". Great feeling.

Spartan, you'll see it eventually, trust me. You'll look up and catch a glimpse and think "Oh yeah...". Even if you're not losing weight you're gaining tone and firmness.
EBC: Mississippi Division Sleeper Unit "The Sad Weimaraners".
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Flakin, why not get the wife a membership at the gym as well? Most women hate the idea of the gym, but I bet if you go with her she will be more enthusiastic, especially if she is feeling neglected.
Flakin
Jedi Knight

Post by Flakin »

Ubiquitous wrote:Flakin, why not get the wife a membership at the gym as well? Most women hate the idea of the gym, but I bet if you go with her she will be more enthusiastic, especially if she is feeling neglected.
Tried to, insisted on it, even. She's not interested. :( The gym I goto even has a seperate area using the "curves" type workout room just for women, in case the main body of the gym is too intimidating - and a full swimming pool and stuff too.

I've taken her as a guest a couple of times. She just doesn't want membership, even if I pay for it.

She just isn't interested. Although she has talked about joining the gym next to the hospital where she works as it's highly subsidised.
EBC: Mississippi Division Sleeper Unit "The Sad Weimaraners".