SDN Weight Watchers, Thread the Second

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Flakin wrote:She just isn't interested. Although she has talked about joining the gym next to the hospital where she works as it's highly subsidised.
Perhaps if you joined that gym next to the hospital instead of your usual one, it might be a solution. Of course, you would have to take a bit of a detour, but still, it might be a good compromise.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Lord Zentei wrote:
Flakin wrote:She just isn't interested. Although she has talked about joining the gym next to the hospital where she works as it's highly subsidised.
Perhaps if you joined that gym next to the hospital instead of your usual one, it might be a solution. Of course, you would have to take a bit of a detour, but still, it might be a good compromise.
And imagine how impressed she would be if you made such a gesture? :)
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Flakin
Jedi Knight

Post by Flakin »

Yeah, hadn't thought of that. It is a good 25 miles from my work though :? . But I could stil join up because it is a low cost gym, and try and bail from work every so often. The working hours are a bear as well - I'm normally 7am -7pm and she bolts from her office at 5. But still, it is about making compromises. I'll see what I can do. Thanks guys. :)
EBC: Mississippi Division Sleeper Unit "The Sad Weimaraners".
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Flakin wrote:Yeah, hadn't thought of that. It is a good 25 miles from my work though :? . But I could stil join up because it is a low cost gym, and try and bail from work every so often. The working hours are a bear as well - I'm normally 7am -7pm and she bolts from her office at 5. But still, it is about making compromises. I'll see what I can do. Thanks guys. :)
Good luck and keep us posted on what happens. I want to see an update of that sig graphic in a positive direction again real soon! ;)
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
mjn6172
Padawan Learner

Post by mjn6172 »

I did my weekly weigh-in this morning. I was a little worried, since I had last week off and spent it visiting various relatives, so I wasn't as good with my diet as I usually am. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that, for the first time since High School, I am now under 200 pounds. I'm still somewhat in shock, but it feels really good to be making progress :D
Clever and witty signature to be inserted here, just as soon as I think of one.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

mjn6172 wrote:I did my weekly weigh-in this morning. I was a little worried, since I had last week off and spent it visiting various relatives, so I wasn't as good with my diet as I usually am. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that, for the first time since High School, I am now under 200 pounds. I'm still somewhat in shock, but it feels really good to be making progress :D
Well done that man! It's always nice to break a milestone weight, and even better when it is unexpected! However, you should stick to your diet for better results, as I am sure you know. ;)

Sadly I put on two or three pounds over the past few days since I have been entertaining a visiting friend and thus pigging out/drinking/not gyming. However, I was back in the gym today and back on the diet - yummy chicken and rice and lettuce for tea. :)
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

Last semester I lost 40 lbs (30 fat pounds) in under 2 months, putting me right at my ideal weight for the first time in as long as I can remember. My weight seems to have stabalized there, it hasn't changed in the 4 months since then (besides + or - 2 pound fluctuations). All I did was do all my own cooking (except for a treat once every few weeks), stopped drinking soda, and walked instead of taking the bus or elevator whenever possible.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

I went down to 148lb last week, but several days pigging out at my parents has put me back up to 151lb. But this is just a temp. blip - I go back to my place later on today where I will be back on the regiem..
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Just stopping in. I know I haven't posted in a while (I'll do that tomorrow, I'll do that tomorrow...) but I'm not off the wagon.

I haven't checked my weight in a while, I've just been going to the gym. Even if my weight hasn't been going down, I haven't really noticed any change in my body(though it could be happening gradually enough that I don't notice).

I have however been working really well at the gym and my lifts and cardio are improving so there's some positive.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

I think I've posted in this maybe 3 times, if that, but still.

I joined a gym by my house. I try to go every day, but it ends up just being a few times a week. I've gotten better at finding foods that I can eat a lot of that are good for me (I :luv: fruit salad!). And now I actually have a sex life as well (don't laugh! sex is a lot of work!).

The biggest bitch? I have zero access to a scale. I know that a month ago I was around 150, but I have no idea about now. It sucks sooo bad because it would be an awesome motivator to actually see numbers moving.
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

1) Don't worry about not going gym every day. Your body needs suitable time to recover from all the exercise you do - particually at first. Even if you're 'just' doing cardio, your body will still need time to rest after all the effort. 3-4 times a week at the gym is a more realistic goal.

2) Scales are a MUST! Honestly, you really should get some because it's very hard to see any real difference with your own eyes [even though you will be looking better] the scales are the key to seeing the actual 'small' changes. It's a great feeling when you have lost 1lb in a few days!
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Tinkerbell wrote:I think I've posted in this maybe 3 times, if that, but still.

I joined a gym by my house. I try to go every day, but it ends up just being a few times a week. I've gotten better at finding foods that I can eat a lot of that are good for me (I :luv: fruit salad!). And now I actually have a sex life as well (don't laugh! sex is a lot of work!).

The biggest bitch? I have zero access to a scale. I know that a month ago I was around 150, but I have no idea about now. It sucks sooo bad because it would be an awesome motivator to actually see numbers moving.
Tinker.. most gyms will have a scale if you ask them.. at least they should..
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Just got my brand spanking new treadmill today and used it for 40 minutes, I feel so great now! It's crazy how good I feel after walking on it :) I'm in love!!

That is all :)
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Does anyone have any good websites or info about stretching exercises?
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Just finished an hour of good walking on my new treadmill again today and I feel awesome again! I love this thing :)

Painrack My doc gave me good exercises for my back, what kind of exercises are you looking for? Only thing I can do to help you with the vague question is to show you to the google results...

Stretching Exercises

Hope that helps ya.
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Mrs Kendall wrote:Just finished an hour of good walking on my new treadmill again today and I feel awesome again! I love this thing :)

Painrack My doc gave me good exercises for my back, what kind of exercises are you looking for? Only thing I can do to help you with the vague question is to show you to the google results...

Stretching Exercises

Hope that helps ya.
Mrs K.. what brand Tread did you get.. ??
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

theski wrote:
THIS ONE

Yeah, that one ;)
It's really nice IMO :teeth:

Edit: Of course I didn't pay that much for it. I got it on sale ;)
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Mrs Kendall wrote:
theski wrote:
THIS ONE

Yeah, that one ;)
It's really nice IMO :teeth:

Edit: Of course I didn't pay that much for it. I got it on sale ;)
Very nice.. I just started back at the Gym here.. They have all lifesystems Treds.. working up to 4incline 4 speed for walking
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Geezus! For me a speed of 4 is gonna be crazy, although I did make it up to 3 today and it's only the second day. I won't dare try the incline until I'm more comfy with it though.

Good job, keep on going, keep that motivation.
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Mrs Kendall wrote:Geezus! For me a speed of 4 is gonna be crazy, although I did make it up to 3 today and it's only the second day. I won't dare try the incline until I'm more comfy with it though.

Good job, keep on going, keep that motivation.
You too.. Load that MP3 with upbeat music and zone out
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

:lol: I don't have an MP3 but I am gonna get some new comfy earphones for my discman and use that, at least when I can't blast my music on my stereo of course ;) Yeah it is in the plan, I just have to exercise when the kids are not at home to be able to do that since I have to be available in case they get hurt or something.

I was thinking I would do it after they go to bed at night but I know that's a bad idea since exercising gives you energy and it would prevent me from sleeping. So, I'm just gonna have to do it when the kids are in school and daycare.

But yeah, the idea about listening to upbeat music is a good one and I was planning on doing it in the near future ;) Thanks though :)
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Glad that you like the Treadmill Mrs. K! I am sure it will make a lot of difference as well [walking + running is damm hard after a while] - keep up the good work! :)
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Thanks Dood!! :teeth:
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Mrs Kendall wrote:Just finished an hour of good walking on my new treadmill again today and I feel awesome again! I love this thing :)

Stretching Exercises

Hope that helps ya.
Yeah..... I know its a bit vague but I'm looking to improve my flexibility and I just got bored with the standard stretching. So, I was just wondering whether anyone here has been doing their own stretching exercises and hoping to learn from you all.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ok, well there should be many links to many different stretches in the google results I linked to. If not, sorry I didn't help ya.

Myself, I don't do any stretching other than stretching over my exercise ball for my back health, but I only do it because I have degenerative disc disease, and I don't even do it as often as I should :oops:

So I'm not really one to ask. That's why I'll leave it at this and let others answer you ;)