Napoleonic France vs USA

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Who do you think would win? Check the post before you decide.

USA all the way!
38%
Vive le france eternelle!
25%
Only if Napoleon is in Command. Vive l'empereur!
38%

Total votes: 8

Tosho
Rabid Monkey

Napoleonic France vs USA

Post by Tosho »

Here's a question, if Napoleonic France the USA fought Who do you think would win?

Conditions:

France: Is at its hight, it has all its marshals, Napoleon is allowed to engage, and no foreign help.

US: Has "hometeam" advantage, no foreign help, Napoleonic technology, and Mexican-American war strength.
Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:45 pm 666th post.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Re: Napoleonic France vs USA

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Tosho wrote:Here's a question, if Napoleonic France the USA fought Who do you think would win?

Conditions:

France: Is at its hight, it has all its marshals, Napoleon is allowed to engage, and no foreign help.

US: Has "hometeam" advantage, no foreign help, Napoleonic technology, and Mexican-American war strength.
It is impossible for France to sustain an army large enough to fight the USA across the Atlantic. They don't have enough ships to transport it all.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

And their army isn't large enough to conquer the vast US territory.
Even IF they managed to establish a beach head, they'd be crushed the same way the English were defeated. They'd be forced to retreat.
Supermod
Azeron
Village Idiot

Post by Azeron »

No, I don;t think so. American indsutrial strength at the time was very strong atthe time of that short french dude. Although he was brilliant, the number of quality troops we could field would wipe him off the face of the planet. We still had a competent officer corps, and west point was turning out some of the best officers in the world at that point based upon napoleanic ideals.

I personnally think he would get his ass kicked.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Of course the US would win. There is no way an Army of that time could conquer and hold such a vast territory, even if they managed to get over there at all. The scenario is a no-win situation for France.
Have the US invade France and it's fairer.
Supermod
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Re: Napoleonic France vs USA

Post by ArmorPierce »

The same thing that happened to the English at the revolutionary war would happen to the French except they would be hit harder American military, but then again, because the U.S. had developed, he could also hit the infastructure harder. At the long run, however, he can't win because the U.S is to much of a vast territory to conquer and he would have had to spread his forces to thinly.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.