Shadowrun

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Sienthal
Padawan Learner

Shadowrun

Post by Sienthal »

Who here has played this? What are your thoughts on it? And, anyone here use a program called WebRPG? If so, and you're interested, I could host a few adventures with this. I'm also well-versed in D&D 3rd and 2nd Ed.
Welcome to the Divine Empire of Ashcroft:
-Hey, you! Sending e-mail, eh?Say Cheese!
-What I say here is forever being recorded. Wonderful, isn't it?
-Jack Chick develops the most disturbing Chick tract to date. It may be viewed here: MIGHTY MORPHIN' SATAN RANGERS! GO!
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

I've read a book or two about Shadowrun. I've also seen the rules. None of which equates to playing, but it looks interesting. Where could I get WebRPG? What does it do?
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
MagicHateBall
Youngling

Post by MagicHateBall »

Ditto. The setting sounds rather interesting. If you were willing to be patient with a helpless newb, i'd play. :D
And WebRPG is a program that lets you run tabletop RPGs over the internet. It's quite swank, from what I hear.
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world." -- Mary Shafer
LordChaos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by LordChaos »

played it multiple times (all edditions).

Even ran it under 2nd and 3rd edditions.
There is no problem to dificult for a signifigantly large enough quantity of C-4 to handle.
If you're leaving scorch marks, you aren't using a big enough gun.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Me too, but sice I am a big cyberpunk fan it's a given

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

Could you enlighten me on the cyberpunk genre? I don't mind fantasy, but I'm really into big fun guns and the whole technological future thing.
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
LordChaos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by LordChaos »

Evil Sadistic Bastard wrote:Could you enlighten me on the cyberpunk genre? I don't mind fantasy, but I'm really into big fun guns and the whole technological future thing.
Go pick up anything by Will Gibson (that reminds me... i have to unpack my newly aquired box of books.. has most of his works in it..)

Or, one of my person favorites, go pick up a novel called "Snow Crash".
There is no problem to dificult for a signifigantly large enough quantity of C-4 to handle.
If you're leaving scorch marks, you aren't using a big enough gun.
MagicHateBall
Youngling

Post by MagicHateBall »

Get Snow Crash. Gibson's writing can be pretty... heavy, i suppose would be the word for it, for a first timer.
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world." -- Mary Shafer
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

Shadowrun...

*sigh*

My first five runs all ended with my poor char being gunned down and spending all available karma to survive....

It really wasnt that much fun after a while...
"Perfect. It's everything a girl could hope for: Expensive, explosive and phallic."
- Critical Maas
Sienthal
Padawan Learner

Well then

Post by Sienthal »

WebRPG can be obtained from www.webrpg.com.

It's mostly a p2p right now, but a recent patch made it so that players could join for free, they just can't use the map, addons, or anything not provided by the GM.

And to Pendragon: I'm a more lenient GM. If you're smart enough to find a way (And I try to provide at least a few...But many a plan of mine have been thwarted by my evil players), there's a very LARGE chance you'll live, and without screwing over your Karma.

Currently, I have the 3rd Edition Revised book (It contains the 3rd ed, as well as some resources, extra material, and quick changes). I also have the Man and Machine add-on, which has a lot of spiffy cyberware rules and items.
-Jack Chick develops the most disturbing Chick tract to date. It may be viewed here: MIGHTY MORPHIN' SATAN RANGERS! GO!
Sienthal
Padawan Learner

Oh Yes.

Post by Sienthal »

If you are ineterested in joining, please say so. I can't really afford to pay per month to use WebRPG, but if I create a well-designed campaign, they're willing to allow me to play for free. It would take a bit of time.