LOTR on DVD

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

David
Moderator Emeritus

LOTR on DVD

Post by David »

It will be out on August the 6th for those that don't know. It will come on two DVDs and include extra footage as well as several hours of behind the scenes.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Mark your calendars. BTW, the new footage is said to include a lot of what happened in the books while the Fellowship was visiting Lothlorien.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

This edition of the movie won't have additional footage.

There is a special extended edition of the movie out in November. That is supposed to have 30 minutes of extra footage. :D
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Cool. I'll have to pick it up.

I thought LOTR the movie was pretty good on its own, but if you read the books first you had a much richer understanding of what was going on.

I told my friends that the Lady Galadriel (sp?) was a ring bearer and they were like "oh thats why she was important."
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

August 6th, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is Guaranteed in Stock* to rent at Hollywood Video. Be sure to pick up your copy!
*or it's free on your next visit
[/shameless plug]

Yeah, FotR is coming out tomorrow (Aug. 6), but the fancy-schmancy version is coming out Nov. 12. Those bastards are making us pay twice. And yes, we will pay twice.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Crap, I said tomorrow was August 6th, didn't I? Jeeze, I'm tired.

I was just confused because tomorrow we have to start wearing the promotional LotR t-shirts. Yeah, August 6th is still in a couple of weeks. We (unfortunately) haven't gone through any time-warp thingies.

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Robert Treder wrote: Crap, I said tomorrow was August 6th, didn't I? Jeeze, I'm tired.

I was just confused because tomorrow we have to start wearing the promotional LotR t-shirts. Yeah, August 6th is still in a couple of weeks. We (unfortunately) haven't gone through any time-warp thingies.
You have my pity.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Mr. B wrote:This edition of the movie won't have additional footage.

There is a special extended edition of the movie out in November. That is supposed to have 30 minutes of extra footage. :D
Yup. I'll be waiting until then...
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Oberleutnant wrote:Yup. I'll be waiting until then...
I admire your strength. I'll probably end up buying it twice. The distribution company set their phasers to 'screw' and they scored a direct hit with me.
This has happened before...I have the SW Special Edition trilogy VHS in both widescreen and standard formatted, plus the old THX remastered version. Damn the collector's mentality!

MagicHateBall
Youngling

Post by MagicHateBall »

Rent the first one, buy the second, that's my plan. Get my fix then wait for the goodies. :D
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world." -- Mary Shafer
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

MagicHateBall wrote:Rent the first one, buy the second, that's my plan. Get my fix then wait for the goodies. :D
Too logical. If you want to rent it for free and don't mind waiting five days, go in to Hollywood Video at about 8:00 pm on August 6th. They will be all rented out, I assure you. Ask the cashier for a raincheck for the movie, and they'll give it to you. Then go back on the 11th and chill until one gets returned. Grab it and use your raincheck to get it for free.

Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Then you'll have it for a whopping 5 days. Take that, Blockbuster.
And, if you're crazy and decide to return it the next day before midnight, you'll get a dollar credit on your account to use towards your next rental or purchase.

MagicHateBall
Youngling

Post by MagicHateBall »

I think I shall have to exploit the system. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world." -- Mary Shafer
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

No problem. Just doing my job...sort of.

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

:cry: :oops: I dont have a DVD player! :oops: :cry: :x
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: :cry: :oops: I dont have a DVD player! :oops: :cry: :x
Then you better get one.

Legalize It!

MagicHateBall
Youngling

Post by MagicHateBall »

If you've got a decent computer (400 or so mhz or better, 64+ megs of ram), a decent DVD-ROM has got a rebate on it right now at www.tigerdirect.com. I can vouch for the quality, too, as I snapped one up as soon as I could. :D